All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 059'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments
XentianXentianover 7 years ago
Assassin

After so many chapters building up to this, that cliffhanger was brutal Tefler! Can't wait for the next fix as usual!

Cheers!

Xen

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Battles Ahead

Time to go head to head with a Progenitor and Johns sensei.

Then, wrap up the Dragons March conflict.

This story is rapidly heading towards a conclusion, isnt it!?

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: battles ahead

I have the rest of the story fully mapped out, and as I continue along that plan, I'll work my way through the open subplots.

The end is in sight, but we're probably about 20 chapters from the conclusion.

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: assassin

I prefer to think of it as building anticipation for chapter 60, but yes, it's finally time for a confrontation with the mysterious assassin! :-)

Tefler

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago

Well, the assassin finally found the only way possible to ambush John. There's one and only one port of call to which he keeps returning. Olympus Shipyard.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

Damn damn damn

This chapter was way way better than the last one

Fantastic chapter man

sithonsithonover 7 years ago
Great again.

I like the cliffhanger with the mysterious invader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

loved it

Great ending for this chapter

Black Onyx ship/shuttle

Stealthed

just SCREAMS Mael'nerak

sailandoarsailandoarover 7 years ago
Wow. . .

. . . again !!! . . . thanks.

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
f*@king Marvelous

I resubmit my thesis from comments in chapter 38 :). Given John's comment to his sword master, what are the chances that they get their final "lessen" over and done with (stealth ship).

Mal

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
It only...

Keeps getting better. Keep them coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

5 stars again you rock. But you say 20 more posts till the end nooooo! If so what is next. Any thoughts about some of John's one night stands i.e. Before this all started. Did they get anything like health or iq boosts? Does John get power from them? Was the racers daughter one of those?

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Wow (and everyone else)

Thanks very much for your kind words! I enjoyed writing this chapter, and I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed reading it.

With regard to what comes next, when I finish this whole story, I think I'll leave John and co for a while, and focus on some new characters for a change. I've got "Setting sail on a black sea" to continue, and I've had some more ideas to include in that one. I also have a couple more sci-fi stories I might delve into, which are set in the same universe.

Finally, I've been thinking of some ideas for a high-fantasy sword and sorcery tale as well. I might dabble with that, for a bit of a break from laser guns and psychic powers!

It's really a case of whatever feels the most inspiring at the time, I guess.

Cheers,

Tefler

HAWKJ72HAWKJ72over 7 years ago
Insanity

Different kind of weapons, but same strategy as I used in a game years ago. Not so lucky damage wise though. Lmao. Looking forward to reading more

SirCarlSirCarlover 7 years ago
I have said it several times, but once again you knocked it out of the "park"!

Very well written, thought out, and presented. I thought chapter 58 was great but this topped it. I hate to even think this story will come to an end.......

tbakkytbakkyover 7 years ago
Riveting

That was a fantastic chapter,I was totally riveted.

Thank You.

muze1602muze1602over 7 years ago
Hanging on the edge! Again!

I've followed the story from the beginning and your writing has definitely been getting better as it's progressed. These latest space battles have had me hanging on the edge of my seat. Great writing. Loved the ploy of re-directing the energy from the incoming strikes to power up their own armaments. Too cool. The use of the offensive drones. Cool idea. I think you've mastered the suspenseful cliffhanger ending. Damn, can't wait. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
tickled pink

Loved the progenitor`s reasons for creating humans. Thank you for spending your free time so that I can enjoy mine.

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
New Laser Rifles

It amuses me to see that the new laser rifles have been upgraded to the Mass Effect 1 rules which were always more powerful than its successive iterations.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: New Laser rifles

"the Mass Effect 1 rules which were always more powerful than its successive iterations"

It wasn't just me who missed them then?

I have fond memories of my full auto assault rifle that never needed to stop firing, or my infinite ammo sniper rifle that never overheated. Good times... :-)

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Mass Effect

You are certainly not the only one who was unhappy about the change in weapon mechanics. It was nice not needing to do the obligatory ammo pick ups that are so common to such games.

In Mass Effect 3, after finishing the Eden Prime DLC I was overjoyed to gain my new Particle Rifle -- even though it was odd that one weapon could use the rules from the first game.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Little baby mamas

"We'd get to pick if we have a pink one or a blue one?" Calara asked softly, her voice full of longing.

These girls are too sweet. Love the characters and their story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Reading this made a boring weekend great. Thanks for sharing the story and looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

This is an awesome story and I can not wait for more Thank you for sharing.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 7 years ago
As Always

a tremendous job well done

JC

Timtom12Timtom12over 7 years ago
Wow, I never expected to see this today!

I'm so happy the story showed up here before Tuesday. Patreon might get it first but the after-party is here!

Awesome chapter, totally worth the length! Slight mistake with the admiral discussion in the briefing room (reaching across the table when he's sitting next to her) but it was so great!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WOW

Really great work! Looking forward to the next chapter.

george41george41over 7 years ago
Regarding laser arms

There is really no need to fire the laser rifles in bursts of fire like how projectile weapons work. You could just select the beam strength, and fire it as a continuous beam, much like a laser pointer you buy at the store. That is, unless it needs to build up enough charge to fire, which causes the burst.

Also, for anyone that wants an amazing universe to fill the time between chapters, look up Humans Don't Make Good Pets and the Kevin Jenkins Experience on reddit on r/HFY . Both set in the same universe, and I spent over a month of free time reading every story (over 300 chapters with every story arc).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This is seriously the best story I have ever read on this site. Thank you for it and I can't wait for more.

wake5911wake5911over 7 years ago
Another great chapter

Really good writing again, loved the idea that the moon has a weapon in it, and the skills of all the crew....still waiting for Faye to go bad though! hopefully not.

keep going, can't wait for the next chapter.

Tempest545Tempest545over 7 years ago

I started reading from chapter 1 and I can confirm that your writing has improved by leaps and bounds. You made me cry and laugh out loud. You are able to incorporate ideals from other authors without being too obvious. I found it subtle and well done. Also the Miliri makes me thinks of the drow elf with their diabolical matriarchal society and I really like that.

There are a few errors like Alyssa could have used telekinesis on all the robots while going to crush Nexus. I agree that it would have been boring so you should of found a reason that it would not have worked. Or you could have made her less strong. These are minor details that a professional editor would have picked up. Don’t get too distracted by them as the creativity is there and that is the most important thing. Keep writing.

Since the apps on my android was giving me errors preventing me from voting, I thought I write this to congratulate you on a well made series and I would give you 5 stars on all your chapters. BTW I never post anything anywhere, but I felt the need to express this.

I got a question regarding www.patreon.com . How much do they keep from you? Do they keep 10% or 50%? I gave you a few dollars but I wanted to make sure it is enough.

For some reason, this story reminds me Frederik Pohl and his Heechee saga. For anyone that wants to read a classic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awesomeness

these chapters are just filled with excitement! and youre keeping all the plot threads moving along. and leaving us a cliffhanger!

thanks!

qwertyqwerty1975qwertyqwerty1975over 7 years ago
Love this story

I love this story. But I really want to hit you over the head with my keyboard right now leaving it like that LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
first time comment

Tefler, I have been reading from chapter 1. Excellent work Sir! The space battle was an excellent piece of writing! Can't wait for chapter 60.

Thanks

WD

j76475j76475over 7 years ago
Fantastic.

I just finished reading the complete story to this point. excellent story and plot. Thank you and await the next chapter. Best wishes and be healthy.

DrbicDrbicover 7 years ago
Awesome Story

I am thoroughly enjoying this story. I am looking forward to the interaction between the twin sisters and would love to see a rebuilding of a successful malerni society. Personally i will be happy with an ongoing story and the number of chapters ??? lets see another 60 or whatever...

Lovin it. Thanks...

Keep it rolling.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the last chapter.

I had fun writing the spaceship battle, and it was an interesting challenge to make the fight exciting, considering how much more powerful the Invictus is now. It was amusing reading the comments on chapter 58, as someone asked how I was going to make the battles interesting with exactly that thought in mind!

Re: Tempest545

It's always great to hear from someone new posting for the first time on the site. (Not that I don't appreciate my regular commenters, you guys are awesome!)

I'm really pleased to hear I've managed to hold your interest from the start, and thanks for the kind words about my growth as a writer.

I wanted to comment about a couple of things and answer your question:

"You are able to incorporate ideals from other authors without being too obvious."

Who did you have in mind? I shamelessly borrowed the Drow matriarchal society from R.A.Salvatore, but I can't think of too many others. The Bloody Nine from Joe Abercrombie for Progenitor John's rages was another one.

"Alyssa could have used telekinesis on all the robots while going to crush Nexus."

I mentioned before that using active powers drains you of psychic energy, and there were basically far too many robots to use Telekinesis on exclusively. I should have made that clearer though, so that was my bad.

"I gave you 5 stars on all your chapters"

Thanks! :-)

"I got a question regarding www.patreon.com "

I think they take about a 10% cut when you include all the processing fees etc. The earnings are calculated at the end of the month, so I'll be able to tell you an exact figure after I count up my filthy lucre!

"This story reminds me Frederik Pohl and his Heechee saga"

I haven't read that one, but I'll look out for it!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
John's parent

If John must pick the sex of his child that means his dad meant to have a Progenitor son. Either Progenitors abandon their offspring as a Rite of passage(PJ) so only the strong survive or he was engaged in a situation that was more important. Maybe fighting the mael'narek.

I've thought for a while that the created races, (Drakkar, Malari) were used as c

annon fodder in an ancient Progenitor civil war that has quieted down into a shadow war of raids and assassinations. In that case the Assassin would be another Progenitor, maybe even a cousin to John.

MikeyStoneMikeyStoneover 7 years ago
On thing...

I'm basically far past criticizing and enjoy the story as it unfolds, trusting in questions bgetting sufficiently answered when it's time. One thing did come up in this chapter, though. Since it wasn't even hinted at being recognized by the characters, I'm wondering if it was an oversight.

(Uhm... Spoiler warning for comment readers, I guess...)

That Quantum Annihilator thingy that exploded is the thing I'm talking about. With all that was said about it, it must have been picked up from earth before it met its fate or at least the chance for that is extremely high. It will also have left debris behind that won't be mistaken for parts of the ship that crashed into it.

It's also very obvious that it's Progenitor tech and as far as I know the whole TF isn't really aware of the Progenitors. This will raise questions and also lead to investigations. Especially from military R&D, I'd guess. They will be likely to have access to Earth based observations that wil reveal its nature as a weapon and they'll be keen on studying the remains to utilize them, which isn't exactly what John would like too much. I expected him to mention at least something about it towards either of the Admirals.

What I expected even more certainly was John to comment on the problem of AI development, though. That's the actual biggy, as it seems the Terrans are basing their work of some kind of Progenitor AI they must have found somewhere. Why didn't John even mention that pretty much every effort to get the AI idea to work properly will always have the same results. I'm guessing he would feel confident to entrust a least that much to the people he even showed his psionic talents off to.

Essentially, these to topics are completely interconnected, as they are both based on the Progenitor I will not attempt to spell at the top of my head fucking around with humanity. I'm sure it will come up again and some of my points will be solved, but I feel like the end of the chapter got a tad to hurried and overlooked to address this whole, complex issue at least with a mentioning.

That#s what I wanted to chip in. No complaint. Just an attempt to try to be of help.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Mikey on Progenitors

Some good points well raised. I'll come back to the Progenitor tech on the Moon in the future, but John didn't really want to get into all that with Admiral Devereux and Charles, as they were on a very tight timeline.

There's also the question of trust, but again, I'll come back to that in the future!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ch. 59 was Fine

Tef, I've been a loyal follower n read every chapter n at times have been desperate for them to magically write themselves through ur telekinesis. Love what you've been writing n doing with this plot of characters n would want you to continue doing so. Ch. 59. is a good one however wudnt agree with those who say this is ur best yet.. nope.. the Kintark fight.. the one with the Drakkars n even the Mushroom heads was exciting as a combat.. this though was a bit anti-climactic in nature. They trade some fire.. manoeuvre..shields down..nova lances n boom.. end of fight.. though a real life situation akin to this would be heroic.. in terms of the story n the excitement levels.. I was perhaps expecting something else. That said.. there's no hard feelings here..I'd continue reading.. it's your universe and creativity here n thank you for entertaining us n being responsive with the comments n such a positive personality to boot.

Cheers,

Neil

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Submission

I usually only read stories that have been completed. I started reading this submission several months ago and I got hooked. You are a great writer and I look forward to every installment. This is one of my favorite stories that I have read on this site. Please don't keep your fans waiting for the next chapter. If you ever publish elsewhere I hope that there is a way to let the readers on this site to know.

Thanks for the enjoyment that you have shared, Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks

You remembered regarding my earlier comment on the mysterious ship.

giggityguygiggityguyover 7 years ago
Mixing up the weapons

Introducing advanced laser weapons makes their ground excursions more interesting. I'd like to see them employ a strategy when they mix up the weapons they bring to battle. Say Alyssa, Dana, and Irillith use Justice rifles, and John, Rachel, Calara use Punishers. I'm picturing it where each weapon is useful for a different scenario, and it helps to have both on hand to be prepared. I'd like to see a capable tactician like John use the pros and cons of each weapon to its fullest. It would break up the monotony of "oh we have a new weapon it's kinda like our old weapons but it makes a bigger hole now" and bring some variety to the combat. Then again, if you can make all your weapons weigh less and find a way to securely attach them to yourself, they could all carry both.

Mixing it would be especially useful against the Kintark; if they primarily fight with plasma weapons it stands to reason that they would have also developed pretty advanced shielding technology and even personal shields, but they also have pretty tough armored hide and regeneration, so the lasers and railguns would both be called for.

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
The space battle didn't quite play out like I thought

I was thinking that you might line up the battle ship, mining ship and the planet killer and do a 3 for one shot. (granted, it would be more likely a 2 for 1...) I like how you did it though.

I also had the thoughts of carrying both rifles, since different situations could call for different weapons.

Did anyone else get the idea during the conversation with NEXIS, that "Mael'nerak" might be the progenitor's NAME? The Maliri give the impression that The Mael'nerak is the species/boogieman. Maybe over the millennia, it has gone from his name, (possibly title) to species.

The black ship. As I recall, the assassin went and "defrosted" the thing in the black ship, saying that this would do nicely. (or to that effect). So, a special "tool" is being employed, but I am not yet convinced that it is actually the assassin in person yet.

This will be a great time for Faye to act and warn John and crew of an impending boarding action. In theory, Faye should be able to detect that a ship is at the docking collar. The chapter ended before anything could be announced though, since they hadn't even jumped to hyperwarp. Could be a serious case of coitus interuptus fixin' to happen.

I think that is good for now. What think you all? (stirrin' the pot again lol)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
George41

You said: "There is really no need to fire the laser rifles in bursts of fire like how projectile weapons work. You could just select the beam strength, and fire it as a continuous beam, much like a laser pointer you buy at the store. That is, unless it needs to build up enough charge to fire, which causes the burst."

You may want to rethink your statement. As has been discussed here before, a constant laser strike on target is not as effective as a rapid burst strike because of the plasma that is released from the impact of the laser. It creates a shield between the laser and the target. Pulsing the laser allows for that plasma cloud to disapate and allows the full power of the laser to impact the target...making it more effective.

Also, as I mentioned on the Patreon site....that interloper is a cloaked ship...time for another tech upgrade from Dana....lol

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Muledriver:

I agree, no way that gets by Faye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The first law of robotics states...

I wonder how many got the reference? No one commented on it.

Nexus did not follow the law, but Faye apparently does. You did not expand on the teaser line. Wish you had.

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Replies

@giggityguy, Re: Mixing up the weapons

In this chapter Dana actually commented what sort of shielding is more effective against lasers vs projectile weapons so I actually expect to see things progressing as you suggest.

@Muledriver, Re: Mael'nerak

Yes! I actually commented a few chapters ago that Mael'nerak might be the name of the mysterious ancient Progenitor that created the Maliri and other species. Recent events have clinched that.

Re: impending boarding action

Faye would only be aware of the impending boarding action if the ship's security system isn't over-ridden through some advanced technology or amazing skill. The black figure might be sufficiently awesome at B&E that he can beat our safeguards in some way. After all, Faye doesn't have a magical ability to perceive everything in the ship, she only has access to ship's cameras and sensors. And it has already been demonstrated that Faye is not omnipresent. She is only aware of events at locations where she is actively paying attention. (It wouldn't surprise me if it takes a lot of multi-tasking functions just to constantly maintain a real personality.)

@Anonymous, Re: The first law of robotics states...

We would have commented on it, but that is an old conversation from many, many chapters ago when John first said that the First Law of Robotics is that AIs always turn on their creators. That is the true First Law of Robotics in this fictional universe and it is an intentional parody of Asimov's first law.

In the comments those many chapters ago someone pointed out that Teffler was wrong about the first law of robotics and we had a lively back and forth about how Asimov's laws don't apply to any fictional universe except for his own. The debate continued into explaining how those fictional laws of robotics are nearly impossible to actually implement in any actual technology.

Also, I find Teffler's First Law of Robotics to be really funny so I loved the subtitle for this chapter.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

Btw how long will be ch 60 ?????

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Ms904191

I think chapter 60 will be about 20k words. I handed over what I've done already to my editors, and left it on a brutal cliffhanger. They begged me to release it as it is, but the howls of outrage would be deafening! :-)

I'll finish off the rest over the next few days and aim to submit it by the end of the week.

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Slinkky

Yes, you're correct. The title for the chapter was a reference to the First law of robotics in this universe (and seemingly every other sci-fi one!) that an AI will always turn on its creator.

Of course they now have a clue as to why it keeps happening to any Terran created AI!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Muledriver

I'm glad you liked how the space battle panned out!

I had just written those scenes, and was reading through the comments on Chapter 58, when I saw someone (Mikipub) predict exactly the way it was going to go down. After a good chuckle, I decided to leave it the way I'd written it, and not make any changes. I'm far too predictable it seems!

Btw that was a nice spot in the Nexus conversation. Well done! ;-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
RE: PLRus

Yeah, I had exactly that previous conversation in mind when I wrote the scene, thinking about the advantages of rapid pulses over a solid beam. The Maliri Pulse Cannons are designed with that same idea in mind, so once again, thanks to all of you for that involved and very interesting tech discussion!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
RE: Timtom12

I was amazed to see this chapter get published on the Sunday.

Nice spot on the Admiral at the table, I'll fix that in the master copy.

Tefler

CubiusCubiusover 7 years ago
@Tefler

I haven't noticed before but now that you've mentioned it the similarities between Progenitor John and the Bloody Nine are striking...

Good old Joe Abercrombie...

I'd really enjoy having a lengthy chat with you on those books someday perhaps...

Also, what else do you read when you're not writing yourself?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Anon on choosing sex

I bet John asks his partner which they would prefer. It seems to be his way.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Hey... I have a question too Observer7

I thought you were going to stop posting if I left your comment up? You disappeared for a while, so why are you back again?

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Observer7

Obviously he's back because he loves your story too much to stay away. He's probably donating to you on Patreon also. Whatever he says, he's clearly a big fan of yours! (Otherwise he just couldn't be this invested.)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Insight on Observer7

Yeah, he is invested. Like Irilleth on being butt-fucked...think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
On Observer 7

Well seems his word is as good as his posts.

And his reappearanceuy has nothing to do with some low life hitting up every chapter with a one - because they can.

Thanks to all you regular followers for your posts by the way. They are great to follow. Shit - sometimes you are even right!

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 60 status

I've finished part 1, and I've started on part 2. I should be finished by the end of the week, so I'll probably submit the chapter for moderation by about Saturday.

I posted part 1 to the Patreon site, as its been edited already. Be warned though, it's not for the faint hearted... Evil cliffhanger advisory warning! :-)

Tefler

tbakkytbakkyover 7 years ago
I think

I think the Assassin might be a Vampire.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cliffhangar

Thanks for the Cliffhanger warning. I should have taken it seriously.

Do not spoiler the part 1 here of chapter 60!

That is an evil risk but there are only 80 Patreons and they should appreciate the reward of an early peek.

wet_specialwet_specialover 7 years ago
Recruitment

Really disappointed Devereaux was not added to the team, I really liked her. Loved the tactics and drama in this story but Devereaux had me charmed with her curt military bearing. Everyone performed well, I thought about having the Raptor adding firepower but unless the pilot was going to be Faye, too much of a risk.

Alas, the "older woman" is yet another prospect to wait her turn... maybe never to have one. Too bad Port Olympus was less than 14 or 15 hours away. XD I'm sure she is curious about having what Calara and Alyssa have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
But what happens with ceridan?

Ceridan? Ciridan? Ceredan?

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re Ceraden

He's still trading. :-)

They were in a hurry to get back to Terran Space last time they passed the trading post, but it isn't the last we've seen of the flamboyant merchant!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Faye

I want to stop this discrimination.

Restricting Faye is more likely to get one of the girls killed than it is to allow her to go rogue.

cragal2XxXcragal2XxXover 7 years ago
Tefler you rock!

I started at the beginning and have loved every chapter. 5 stars! Very inventive and quite an entertaining read. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DEVEREAUX

Jupp! you did it again. This chapter was one of the best so far. But i agree. Devereaux shoud be added to the team. Well not entirely. She should stay in her job, and act as an good ally. But i do think she and John should be lovers when ever there is time for it. I would like to se her eventually get the same advantages as the other women. Maybe there could be an subplot where her transformation causes som trouble. (which they totally solve) I imagine someone suddenly getting younger and more beautiful could become a problem.

Also I would like to see more of the merchant woman we saw when Alyssa got her clothes in one of the earlier chapters. There was some talk of adding her to the team, either fully or partially. But nothing has come of it so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
thoughts

1. given the advantages of rolling with long cool down weapons, would that not be a standard tactic with all ships? one set comes into action as the cooling ones rotated to safety. It spreads damage and makes it a little harder to hit. I don't understand why the robot controlled battleship was not doing it as well.

2. why were the mines set by the human fleet undetected by the robots? They were not underwater - they were floating chunks in space. If they use low detection sensor spoofers, why was that technology not used by the robots vs the fleet or the heroes?

I could see it if they had spoofers among the fighter attack to distract the heroes anti-fighter weapons. After all, the robots did not know the heroes had superior sensors.

3. hits by mass drivers only damaged the heroes ship plating - but there should have been vibrational damage all over from the impact. Wire solders and components all over should fail. Or did the anti-grav cancel out the vibrations? I thought it would work with ship planned vectors, not surprise damage ones.

Furthermore it is remarkable that only the plating was damaged - not the structure. You did not write they remade the structure from the super alloy, just the plating.

Just some idle thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not every woman is joining the crew

Just pretty is not enough so Rachel might have been just a bit of fun if not for her Medical skill. Allysa is telepathic so she might have had clues that Rachel was not just pretty.

Devereux might have too much commitment and baggage.

She is a boss, and better as an ally than as crew.

It is possible that she and other ofthe female officers get a version of Edraele deal.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
DO NOT

Ask Tefler to release the first half of chapter 60 before he is finished with the second half! The cliffhanger will drive you INSANE! THANK YOU Tefler for not listening to your editors on this one. It would be pure mutany on this site!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Anon on Merchant Woman

That was Rachel...the Doctor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
As an Editor

Regarding the combat critique.

After discussions between Tefler and his editors about different aspects of space and combat we all agreed that there are other stories that do deep realizations of a space navy fleet engagement. The other end of the spectrum is classic space opera like Flash Gordon. Pew Pew Pew! This story is somewhere in that spectrum, but the point is that realism should not be stressed. The story fits where it is.

We could work up explanations to make it all match your expectations. It is not that hard actually, because we have done it before, and it is kind of fun. It may even make the story better and more interesting. But it might not. It might look like a retcon patch or worst of all be a boring and distracting superfluous detail that most readers blast past on their way to the good stuff.

Quantum chameleonic polymeric molecules of antimatter for the space mines. Try to detect a scattering of molecules that have a quantum indeterminate location and signature. The specialized equipment to contain and deploy the polymer mesh means Space Mines will not be the next big weapon for Invictus. Also and most important is that it reads like twaddle. Most people don't read this story looking for semiplausible hypothesis of tech.

Reading with an eye to realism is kind of flattering. Most of the reading should be for the fun. The characters are friendly and cool and they want you to roll with them through the stars. That is probably the best part, so don't miss out by counting the rivets in the cargo bay ceiling.

Fathersin

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Regards thoughts Rolling Fire and Armour to hull damage transmission

In space at the long ranges and high target velocity means that obtaining accurate firing solutions is non trivial. Rolling the ship makes it much more difficult. Twice the shots with less than half the accuracy is a bad deal. You need to miss very few shots to risk missing twice as many. Calara has superpowers.

All armour is connected by damping cells to damping frames that connect to the hull. Layers of shock absorbers. Armour actually ripples like water as it spreads the force of a weapon like a massive driver. Imagine that as the Invictus was soaking up damage.

It really is easy and fun.

:)

Fathersin still

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Thoughts

Re: Rolling the ships for maximum weapon coverage.

The reason all ships don't do this is they can't roll that fast. It takes ten seconds for their Beam Weapons to recharge, and cruiser sized ships and larger can't rotate quickly enough for the full fire arc coverage in time for the weapon recharge.

Laser Cannons recharge at a faster rate, so its simpler and easier to just blast away while trying to avoid incoming fire.

The only reason the Invictus can, is because its incredibly manoeuvrable now with the Trankaran engines and retro-thrusters.

Cheers,

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Just finished Chapter 60 part 2

I'll work with my editors on it, and hopefully submit the full chapter to the site by about Saturday. You can probably expect to see it up by about Monday or Tuesday.

Tefler

TektTektover 7 years ago
Release it

Part 1 as 60 and part 2 as 61 released a day apart would be awesome!

MikipubMikipubover 7 years ago
Lol

Tefler, I say it's more that great minds think alike vs being predictable. :)

Thanks for the great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More Maliri

I want to see the first batch of Maliri males brought in to knock up the Engineering girls.

Ceraden might be invited.

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Re: More Maliri

I don't think anyone intends to bring in batches of Maliri males to knock up fertile females in a breeding program. Releasing such authoritarian control is part of the Utopia that Edraele intends to present to John.

On the other hand, there's no reason that Ceraden wouldn't get an opportunity to date some white haired babes in search of husbands. I hope it works out for him.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt on releasing chapter 60 part 1

Trust me on this. You would rather have the whole thing. The cliffhanger on 60 part 1 is just absolutely brutal.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 60 done

I'll post the whole thing onto my Patreon page and literotica in about an hour or so. I'm just proofreading it one final time to check for errors.

With the moderation delay, Chapter 60 should be up on literotica by about Monday or Tuesday,

Tefler

TektTektover 7 years ago
Plr

I literally started reading the first part less than 20 min of it postingto his page. I'm advocating everyone else suffering as we did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Polygamy?

Marriage does not seem to be part of Maliri culture so the engineers probably won't expect husbands.

They were promised free dates. Babymaking was the option offered.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt:

Sorry, I wouldn't wish that on my ex-wife!!!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
I had to

Take xanex after reading part one!!!

TektTektover 7 years ago
Refresh counter

Got a script running now to auto refresh patron page until it detects a change.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt

My refresh finger is getting weak!!!!

TektTektover 7 years ago
The plan

Tonight I pick up were 1 left off just so I can get to sleep. Tomorrow I will reread the whole thing.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt

Bump that! I am reading part 2 then the whole thing again tonight!

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor

Posted Chapter 60. :-)

Tefler

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Okay....Chapter 60 was

Worth the Patreon page. Be back in a bit......re-reading...sry! Tefler! Don't do that again!!!!!!!

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
Wow.......

wow...........

No spoilers.... :p

TektTektover 7 years ago
Wow

That was a serious trip

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Wow

Yeah. Had to read it three times just to be sure.

XentianXentianover 7 years ago
Wow

I concur! Ch60 is.... wow

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Literotica mods are two days?

A buck a month is a good deal I suppose.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Literotica moderation

I'll still keep posting chapters to Literotica regardless, so I don't want you to feel strong-armed into anything.

Moderation time varies with Literotica, because the weekend disrupts the time for a story to get moderated. Typically it takes two days from when I submit a chapter until it goes live on the site, but moderation doesn't normally seem to happen on the weekend. I submitted Chapter 60 at about 1am UK time this morning, so being up on the site by about Tuesday morning UK time would be fairly typical.

Tefler

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6800 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES