All Comments on 'Choices'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 382 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

While a good story, I thought it was overly long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done

Not sure what you should have left out.

Thank you.

Grim537Grim537over 7 years ago
Great Story!

Your stories are always an enjoyable read. Oh, and as far as the anon comment below saying the story was too long, please ignore them. A longer story is almost always better, if for no other reason, than it gives the reader the ability to make a connection with the characters.....makes things much more interesting.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Excellent story!

Well told story with good characters that were easy to like or dislike.

I'm a sap for happy endings.

Thanks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Very, very nice!

“John and Gina were talking quietly, sometimes casting a glimpse in my direction. Nothing struck me as odd about it at the time, but in hindsight... “ – Yep, wife and widower friend, talking quietly off by themselves, shooting glances at her husband; definitely something either going on or about to go on there!

“But I told him I loved Henry as well and didn't want to hurt him.” And this won’t hurt him? Wouldn’t it hurt YOU if he asked you to share him with HIS old girlfriend?

“he wasn't thrilled at the idea of it only being part-time” – Oh, poor baby! You’ll only get to fuck your friend's wife part-time!

“But the fact was there had always been a piece of me that was missing” – There’s her answer; divorce Henry and go to John.

“So, you won’t mind if I move a ‘second wife’ in while you’re spending time with your ‘second husband,’ then?

“I just knew that anyone I was with would be in constant competition just by being next to Gina” – There shouldn’t BE a competition since Gina is MARRIED, you asshole!

“if he and Gina split then it would be his decision and therefore his fault and my hands were clean” – I call BULLSHIT on that one! His hands are clean? If he kept them out of Henry and Gina’s marriage they would be, but not now!

"Nat, come on, that's your mom." – Why do these guys always discourage the kids from being pissed at their mother? I would never encourage it, but I certainly wouldn’t DIScourage it!

“should I be blamed for trying to right that wrong now? Should it cost me my marriage?” – She just doesn’t get it! The fact that she considers it “righting a wrong” means that she considers her marriage a wrong, and it should DEFINITELY cost her her marriage!

When she asked if they could be friends I would have made my point this way: “When our daughter gets married, and asks me to walk her down the aisle, I will ask her if you will be there. If she says yes, then I will have to say, ‘Sorry, Honey, no’.”

I find it interesting that for all Scott’s protestations of friendship, they’ve essentially cut him off!

“It took several dances and more than a few drinks to get me back in the mood again.” – Well, we wouldn’t want Henry TOTALLY ruining her night out, would we?

“Miss Taylor”? – I can understand that form of address for young children, but Natalie is an adult, simply Taylor should be fine. For that matter, “Grandma Ruth”?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Speaking only for myself

I doubt I could be friends with anyone that did to me the same shit that Gina did to Henry.

Polite. Yes. Courteous? Yes. But friends? No. Once some shreds my trust the way Gina did Henry's, that's done forever. Once you go through that door, I shut it, lock it, and throw away the key.

Gone is gone, and I carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good

On the whole a really enjoyable read but I guess some notes on humour.

What Taylor's mother did teasing her about Nat being Henri's daughter, funny. What Taylor did to Henri when she got pregnant, not funny at all. What Taylor and Henri did to Taylor's parents announcing the pregnancy, only half funny.

Those last two made for a sour note at that part of the story.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
Strange story, but very worthy of a 5* rating

Gina was the real loser. She thought she loved john then thought she loved her exhusband and did as best she could, but she never really loved anyone truly. She gave up her loved husband and realised she gained nothing but hurt. She should have held out for her soul mate, instead she got nothing as she deserved. Her ex husband as he deserved, did get to find his soul mate as he deserved...

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 7 years ago
sweet story

This one was really nice to read. Probabbly your best so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

I gave it a 5.

I enjoyed it. I loved Miss Ruth. I especially liked her 'stringing' her daughter along thinking some floozy was hooking up with her man. Nicely done.

I agree with the author. It could have gone in either category. At the end however, even all loving wives stories are really about finding love with the right person no matter how ugly the prelude is.

Thank you for taking the time to write the story. Having written several, I know the time investment is significant.

Life is a bitch sometimes, and then sometimes, it's not.

Spyauth

PapaRomanticPapaRomanticover 7 years ago
Category

Thank you for putting this in the Romance category. I can see where it could be in LW, but it is much more suited here.

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Great heartwarming story

Definitely a story I'll want to read again when I need to feel uplifted. This is a 5*+.

Thanks so much for sharing your time and takent with us.

Xzy89cXzy89cover 7 years ago
Great story

Excellent example of why you should be able to use morenthan one category.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 7 years ago
One thing...

I think that my favorite thing is this story was Gina finding that she hadn't traded up with her new husband. Or down, as as happens so often on this site. She found that while she was happy with her new husband she had perhaps already hit her ceiling with her first marriage and that there had never been anything to gain with another man.

(What she did gain was an ex that wouldn't speak to her, a daughter that was pissed at her and a stepdaughter that never spoke to her either. Just something to think about)

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 7 years ago
Great Story !!!

Great story, just what I want in a Romance story some sex, some heartbreak some romance (well quite a bit of romance) but no real bad people and not a BTB story. Everybody got what they needed and it left me with a good feeling !!!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great story, with mine personal feelings.

Great story.

This tale affected directly to me.

This is exactly what happened to me, although she was a girlfriend instead of my wife. She wanted to be with me and her old boyfriend at the same time, and I sent it to hell. I never saw her again.

I am not a man with ability to share a wife or girlfriend.

Three days later, I met a girl. In the first 2 hours we met, she did not want to know about me. 22 hours later we were friends, at 3 days and we were dating, at 3 months we were already promised, now almost 38 years that we are married and with a son.

It is for this reason that when you start reading this story, my heart sank, remembering my past. And he jumped for joy when I read on the development of history and the encounter with Taylor.

I must also say that Gina's friends were shit of friends to Henry, who proved to be more of a man than anyone, to help Gina after the car accident, and forgive, because his proposal was a request for consensual infidelity. If you love someone, you do not share your love with another, your vows should have clearly expressed.

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
great one

Really liked it.

Sort of wished for some pain to the friends that abandoned him. Maybe they didnt mind his marriage breakup at all and he was the outsider he felt himself to be.

I dont think a guy in real life would be so kind to the ex that dumped him, and probably never loved him all that much. He really was a placeholder.

Maybe a DNA on his daughter would be interesting.

The ex wife needed more pain.

Very nice romance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
An Enjoyable Story!

But Gina was a self centered whore that only really thought of herself...I mean she was even fucking the boss so she could get married a third time and not have to work any longer...And with friends that they had initially who really needs enemies. But I'm wondering about Taylor too....why would she have her tubes tied when Henry already had a vasectomy...unless fucking others was on her mind!!! Interesting No?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoyable but unrealistic

The forgiveness of his ex wife and being friends with her spoiled it for me. All the ex husbands I know would never visit their former wives in hospital the way he did. And they would have danced a permanent jig over the guy's death, good men as they are. It was obviously the author's intention to end with everybody being happy. Real life is not like that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Forgiveness

Maybe that's why it's in Romance and not Loving Wives!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
somewhat mistaken

Gina's friends were never really Henry's friends, they were his acquaintances.

It's a very common misunderstanding.

Just because you get along with them when everything is going good does not mean that when things get difficult they won't bail on you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GINA GOT OFF TOO LIGHTLY

She-it man! B.T.B. I know that this is FICTION! But shit man what she did there is no forgiveness. The smash well that is KARMA ! AND ITS A BITCH DO WRONG AND IT WILL FUCK YOU OVER! I am glad Henry & Taylor had good luck and love most of all heaps of kids. Story is Fantastic! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
First impression wrong, really enjoyed this later

To future Romance readers: don't let page 1 or the author's preface fool you, this is really a Romance you will enjoy. Yes, there is heartache for Henry to start, but its necessary for him to find a truer love. You will have no sorrow for the ex, but I will leave it at that. BY the way, I almost gave up on page 1 but decided to jump ahead to reader comments. These convinced me to continue

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Good story

But it lost traction as Henry was wooing Taylor. Not enough insight into why Gina would let the hubby go so easy, what she was thinking. Or should I say, i guess I just cannot accept the reasons as logical, but what woman is?

Shame you didnt post on LW cause you wouldve gotten some seriously good comments above and beyond what you will get in this section. Also, no way the rating is this high.

But you write a good tale usually, and this continues to build your track record.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 7 years ago
Agree with patillie.

That sums up my thoughts fairly well. Too much ink on the slowly developed relationship with little conflict to pump it up. The resolution of the Gina story seemed to be given short shrift. Still 4*.

pcthronepcthroneover 7 years ago

John is a piece of shit.Biggest ASSHOLE in the World to break Henry's marriage. And thinking if Henry divorces Gina it would be Henry's fault and his fucking conscience would be clean.No fucking way he should Rot in Hell and Gina too.May be Henry should've destroyed both John and Gina.He shouldn't have helped that fucking bitch Gina when she was in hospital.And Natalie should've not forgiven her mother like Savannah did not forgive John. John and Gina both deserve place in Hell.

In real life nobody with sane mind would've anything to do with his ex if she had done to him something like that.He wouldn't help his fucking ex.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Excellent Story

This starts off as if it belongs in Loving Wives, but then transforms into a truly romantic tale. Nice settings and interesting characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 plus story

I enjoyed this story but I would have loved to have heard a little more about what the hell Gina was thinking. Where the hell did she come up with this sharing crap? Why didn't she just agree to divorce Henry and come clean about her long lost love for John?

Henry and Taylor deserved to be "happy ever after" and the author did an excellent job of showing their meeting and eventually their love for each other. Henry was lucky that the "snake" John destroyed his marriage to Gina since she was so shallow (and stupid).

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Very good !

I really enjoyed this story very much.

I guess life isn't always a very straight road. But the curvy, winding ones usually end up at a place with a better view .

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
very realistic and romantic

and that is a difficult combination.

Once the silliness of the first marriage was out of the way it became a heart warming love story. I am so glad this didn't turn into a wife sharing story. Regarding friends from before a divorce, they rarely stay friends with both parties. In fact, they can be more troublesome than the children.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ALL CHOICES DO NOT HAVE TO BE NEGATIVE

for good strong people Karma steps up and assists, TK U MLJ LV NV

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Great story...

Well written and the end was tops all the way around. Great job.

krnchrmankrnchrmanover 7 years ago
John got away with it....

Good story. John should have suffered some punishment. Gina just another spoiled slut that distroys everything around her.

I did enjoy the story overall, thanks

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Just a question

You tried to run several jokes in the story. And yet in pretty much every case, you gave us a wink and a nod at the beginning, told us you were going to tell a joke, then you told your twist.

Did you think our hearts could not take it? That we might miss the set up, the pitch and the hit?

Have a little faith in your audience in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Trivialize

It was good. One premise not to my taste is the way you trialize cheating as if they are good upstanding people if a little shallow.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
An enjoyable, 5* read

Nicely told, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A Good One

An interesting story with some nice twists that kept your readers entertained. Thanks for sharing. BK.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago
Enjoyed it...

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE

She-it man! This story is Great! Gina was a no good slut! Karma is a bitch John found out? Look their old neighborhood friends weren't friends remember Karma! Loved the story! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nicely told

I liked the story. The bad guys get their much needed payback. Nice writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good job

Very readable. Only sorry for the penchant to contrive sweet endings. In context of story, Gina is the most hateful lowest slut on this site while Henry is a standup guy. To be true to the characters, Henry DOES NOT help her get a job and become friends. Staying true to himself, the only reason he would have to talk to Gina would be to piss on her. She doesnt get or deserve the chance for her too late sorries and dishonest explanation. One of these stories will be able to remain in character to the finish.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 7 years ago
Good Story.

I liked it but like Anonymous below, I find it a little cloying when you manufacture a happy ending with none of strings of their former relationships properly tied up. You have a habit of doing this..

Still, very good stuff - I very much doubt that I could do any better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Tazzmainia

All cracks are holes but all holes are not cracks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
John was a shithead!

The Henry that I saw would never be sorry about John dying even to his ex-wife in a hospital bed. When his wife decided to go with John, Henry should have grabbed John and beat the shit out of his cock with a hammer so he could never get it up for Gena. That would have served them better for their actions. Henry probably would only get probation and community service as a punishment. Most jury members would have been sympathetic to Henry. Obviously he would have been temporarily insane when he did it!

donjuan1954donjuan1954about 7 years ago
Nice

Good read, thanks!

EzrollinEzrollinabout 7 years ago
You can't be all things to all people

Your story was written with introspect and a touch of humor. Some may have a problem with the ending but after all it is your story. I found it to be entertaining, erotic and insightful. Keep up the good work!

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
excellent 5*

Ginas words; " I mean, what man would willingly share his wife with another man. Oh I was aware of those sickos that are into that, but I thought of them as more animals than men. One thing that separates humans from the beasts is that level of emotion and commitment; what man would willingly hand a woman he supposedly loved off to someone else".

yet she expected her husband to do just that! he was right just to walk after she laid that kind of betrayal on him, but i do think some retribution would have improved the story, on gina, john and maybe a little on the fairweather friends too.

good read though, was interested to get a perspective from all the different characters too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent story five stars

Thank you so much I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Going to look at other stories you've written period thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful Story *****

After hitting the jackpot with Taylor, he could afford to be kind to his ex-wife, if only for his daughter's sake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wonderful story

I loved your story, don't get me wrong, just some comments about some things you wrote. Minor stuff because the story so really well told, but otherwise they always bother me when I find them

+ "But part of me did feel bad for her. Regardless of how she had treated me at the end, her husband was dead and she now faced her golden years without either of the men that she had loved"

Really? What kind of man feels bad for the cheating drug adict slut paying the price of her choices?

+ "It was strange. I had been carrying this anger with her around for so long, and suddenly, in that moment, it was gone. I mean, what the hell was I still pissed about?"

What about being betrayed and left like a broken toy by a woman you loved for more than 20 years? Yeah, you fell on your feet but not thanks to her. She did nothing to ease your pain y showed any sign of love for you. I hate when writers make the character take the fucking "high road". I get him helping her daughter and Savannah, but not showing any mercy for the cheating slut. She apologized too fucking late.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
cute but lacking

Nice little romance but considering the betrayal some DRAMA would be expected in the story.

Instead it was wife wants to screw another guy, husband says no, divorce follows, everyone lives happily ever after until accident...after short period betraying wife is given lottery ticket by ex-husband

Nonetheless I was mildly entertained for a while

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why

Did you write the husband as a brain dead idiot. He goes to places they used to haunt together expecting not to see her. Horse shit. She is a cheating scank slut and he still loves her. Name one MAN that would say that.only a dipshit fool like you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
hospital scene should have been :

Henry , you came .

Hello slut .

why , why do you call me that ?

because you are a slut .

*shes sobbing*

i'm so so glad about john .

i wish you had died as well .

henry quietly walks away as the whore sobs into her hands .

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 7 years ago
A FEW OBSERVATIONS....

I read this over 6 months ago and it really stuck in my mind but I couldn’t remember who wrote it. I’ve just re-read it again (and bookmarked Big Guy 33 as one of my favorite authors) and two things still stand out.

The first is the character of Gina. I doubt that in real-life any wife would have the conversation she had with John and then spring the “sharing” thing on her husband the very next day (and yeah, I know this is total fiction but I’m treating it is real). She professes to have had a wonderful life with Henry for 20 years who she now loves more than ever, she has a daughter to think of, and she’s been to plenty of parties with John and his late wife over the last 10 years or perhaps longer to get used to the concept that she is happily married to Henry and John is happily married to Macie. So, to have a complete change of heart in 12 hours or so is just not believable.

However, if John had been feeding her the idea of the two of them getting together since Macie died a year earlier, then perhaps it is believable. If that were the case, then it would have been good to hear that in the story (e.g., “Henry, I’ve been considering this for a while now….” or “Henry, I’m not entirely happy in our marriage and over the last 6 months John has helped me see why”).

Even though I wanted to see a bit more of the background to Gina’s sharing idea to make it more believable, I think BG33 did a really good job of handling Henry’s response. After all, if your wife suddenly, and quite seriously, suggested sharing herself with one of your circle of friends then I would say that your marriage was over, no matter what the cause, and could never be resurrected even if she never followed through with it. This would be especially true if the sharing was because she loved the guy, rather than having some sexual itch that needed scratching (which may be resolved with counselling).

So yes, Henry saw this and the fact that she could not commit to him if she had to choose left him no choice but to say goodbye, and I feel his pain and heartache in the story because we, the readers, put ourselves in his position (and as usual, sbrooks103x has some very insightful comments to make in a similar vein).

The second observation concerns his response when he visits Gina in hospital. As several others have already pointed out, I doubt a divorced husband would have much to do with a previous wife who had treated him as Gina had treated Henry. I have friends who get on with their previous wives after divorcing, but only because many years have passed, their children have grown into adults, and their original divorces were not bitter because they just matured into different people and parted mostly amicably.

But Henry did not part on amicable grounds, his daughter shunned her mother for a long time (essentially taking her father’s side), and Henry was shunned by Gina’s and John’s circle of friends, so I doubt he would want to be involved in anything that happened to her after parting company over a year ago. I like to think he would have shut her out of his life completely, especially now that he is happily married to Kelly and has a new family of his own, so I found his response to Gina’s accident a little hard to believe.

But this also reflects a problem for the writer, because in the story Henry had been married to Kelly for just on a year when Gina ended up in hospital. He would still be bitter with his divorce, but his marriage to Kelly would have diluted his anger quite a bit and I guess it’s possible he could now see Gina and help her but I still doubt it.

The problem for the writer is that although over a year had passed since he left Gina, we, the readers, have only just read of it a few pages ago and still feel the pain of the leaving acutely and are certainly in no mood for any kind of reconciliation or sympathy for Gina’s fate. I guess one way around this is to have a BTB (Burn the Bitch – took me a while to find this out so new readers may benefit from what it means) ending, and in a way Gina’s fate would have been just that through natural justice (or Karma, or whatever you like) without any intervention from Henry.

However, her fate has been tempered by Henry’s intervention and I find that detracts just a little from the story (but if it was real life, then I would applaud Henry’s altruism, even though Gina didn’t deserve it).

Anyway, I loved reading this a second time and I appreciate the effort that goes into creating a good story such as this. Thanks BG33.

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 7 years ago
Oops - I meant to say TAYLOR, not KELLY, in my previous comment.

Old age is a bugger!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Same theme

All your stories are basically same. A cheating wife is ready to get divorced without showing any remorse or regrets. Doesn't even care for husbands feelings. So once divorced guy usually finds somebody else and seattles down. Sorry but pretty boring

PickeringPickeringalmost 7 years ago
Great read!

Thank you for writing.

Seems like too often anonymous is a synonym for troll or misogynist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Outstanding!

Wizard1983Wizard1983almost 7 years ago
Well written

A lot of these type stories follow a formula, but I would like to say you did an excelent job with this one in fleshing out the aftermath at the end. Often that is neglected.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 7 years ago
First rate

On enjoyable well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A nice story good to read!!!

Still your protagonist seems to be a hallow!! I dont recall ever get to know a men like him!

Martyr2002Martyr2002almost 7 years ago
Nice story but ....

You still need to work on transitions or character development I don't know what to call it. Your characters move to quickly from a relationship standpoint. It's in all your stories not just this one. Too quick to forgive, too quick to get into another serious relationship. That needs to be developed more to be believable. Not just asserted the way you do.

It's your story, take your time and tell it. It's as if you had a basic plot and as soon as you can get the major plot points out you rush to put an ending on it to be finished.

You do yourself a disservice by doing that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nope

No way a guy would ever even talk to the ex again. After she threw him away.

And yes it was obvious he was a placeholder hmmm wonder if she had a sexual thing with him even before?

Wonder who Nat's father really is? That would have made the story even better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a cheap cuckold/wimp crap!!!

After 20 years of marriage and he has nothing more to do as be her supporter?? You have to be insane!! She is a selfish slut and he is an idiotic wimp!!! But your preference is into cuckold/wimp!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Twilight Zone

Is there a real life human being like Gina somewhere? She was either on extremely heavy meds or she's from an alternate twilight zone universe

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Re-Reading

“I mean, If Marcie, John and I could do it back then I was sure that John, Henry, and I could do it now.” – Um, you hadn’t been MARRIED to John for TWENTY years when he hooked up with Marcie. Frankly, I wouldn’t have blamed you if you DIDN’T want to have anything to do with them!

“I'd still be willing to split my time between you” – LOL, yeah, and I’ll bet John would be just hunky-dory about that! Henry should take her up on it, get John’s reaction.

“My research suggested the Homeowner's Association was relatively laid back compared to others I had heard of” – I’ve never lived in an area with an HA, and never would. I lived in a condominium for 10 years, and having “rules to live by” was part of the deal, but part of the appeal of owning my own house was NOT having to be subject to others’ rules. I wouldn’t be too sanguine about the HA either. All it takes is a few twits to move in, and suddenly you’re subject to BS!

Apologizing for the disruption of moving in?

It’s surprising that Savannah is being harder on them than Natalie. As Gina said, it’s not like they broke up HER parents’ marriage.

"He told you about his divorce? Tell me, mom." – Her mother knows about his divorce and still supports his relationship with Taylor, so it’s unlikely that it’s anything bad on his part.

He’s a better man than me; I don’t think that I could be that forgiving to Gina, even considering that I’m happier now than I was before. As I think he said, if she had simply come to him and said that she didn’t love him the same way anymore and wanted a divorce, it would have still hurt but been understandable. To propose what she did is simply unforgivable.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Very good read

I don't think Ginad friends were friends. I would think twice about having two marriage wreckers at my house all the time, the dirt may rub off. No one made John have unprotected sex with Marcie and he had no right ruining a good marriage. I truly like how Henry and Taylor stepped up to the plate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WTF?

What happened to the Malibu?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Agreed with fisherone.

Gina is a narcissistic, spoiled, self indulgent person who is only interested in her own pleasure. Others, including her husband and daughter mean nothing to her. John cheated on her to begin with and she thought how wonderful it was that he married the woman. She just settled for Henry until John was free. Her friends never got over college. What gets me is that it took Henry 20 years to figure it out. I'm glad the way the story ended. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Last parragraphs slip

First, let me tell you this: great story! I truly enjoyed it. 4 stars. You left the last in what I call "the last parragraphs slip"- It's something the writer add to the story in the last parragraphs that completeley ruined it or, like in your case, makes it weaker. In your story is getting the selfish cheating whore a job. I understand him going to the hospital to help Savannah. After all she chosed him over her own dad. But getting her a job? Really? After all she did to him? The rotten cunt deserved all the pain she could get. I don't care if he moved on and he is happy now. This was not about him but about her getting some retribution for all the apin she caused.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BS!

It is one thing getting a divorce because you no longer love the other person. There is not much hatred there. When the one spouse had an affair during the marriage, the other spouse will show significant hatred following the divorce. Here where the wife wants to be shared between her two loves is the pinnacle of hatred! I don't care what the bleeding hearts think about this arrangement. There is no way that you can truly be in love with someone and then hurt them by taking a lover the way she took John. Gina has mental problems if she thinks that her husband would go along with this arrangement. Gina is just a selfish bitch. There is no way that I would have ever been friends with my wife if she did this to me. Henry should have asked Gina in the hospital if everything worked out the way she wanted them, lol. Then he should have walked away from her laughing just like Gina walked away from their 20 year marriage.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I really enjoyed this story!

What sours my guts is the rubbish written in the comments! Peoples THIS IS LITEROTICA EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED! What he did throughout the wayward wife's

tryst and divorce (walking away no B.T.B. ) and then to help her with a Job? Why?

He's an average nice Guy! There is a few of us out there! Well maybe 2

Story is Fantastic! Thanks! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Such

a mean thing to do to your competitor ;)

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Second read, still a wonderful story

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Gina

She likely never really wanted to share. She presented that crap expecting Henry's refusal. That made him to blame and her off the hook. I was glad when John bought the farm. (Does that make me a bad person? Tough shit.) I've read this several times and like it more each time. Thanks, BG! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Plot addition

For fun henry should have approached john a year or so after john married gina to say he is now willing to share her with him. That would sure put john in a bind!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Reading Again

“It took several dances and more than a few drinks to get me back in the mood again.” – Well, we wouldn’t want to dampen her mood now, would we?

I still like my idea of telling her okay, but I’d be bringing other women in while she was with John! Or taking her up on her offer to have John let Henry share her, see how well John takes that!

I’m also angry at their “friends” who never took him up on his offers to get together, despite their CLAIMS of not cutting himout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I loved the idea suggesting that he should have approached Gina and John a year after they had married and declared he was now willing to share her. Not to actually go through with it - just to see the look on John's face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

I was a little iffy at first because I thought the story would turn into "My wife decided to cheat and it made me hard and now I love sucking the cum out her pussy while John calls me a cuck." Almost all of these stories end up like that or make the husband look like an asshole. The development was good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

absurd cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5! GREAT CUCK SHIT!!

eat it annony!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Few Rambling Thoughts

I must admit that I was intrigued by the comments of a previous commenter about Henry going to John and Gina a year after they had married and telling John he was willing to share Gina with John now. I am sure their answer would mirror Henry's when Henry was the husband of record.

I am a recovering alcoholic, so I want to jump up and cheer when a character can withstand the pits of Hell and not succumb to the temptations of alcohol. I have not drank a drop of alcohol in 7 1/2 years. But I could say 17 years if I hadn't had a momentary episode when my son was injured in Afghanistan. And I was hardly phased when John died while driving impaired. Did we ever discover if he had been drunk or high on drugs.

Gina and John's college friends proved whose side they were on. I mean, how hard is it to invite Henry and Natalie over for a meal or barbeque once every two or three months?

John was not faithful to Gina in college. John cheated on Gina with Marcia, resulting in John and Marcia getting married. It would not have surprised me to find out that he cheated on Gina again with Bill's wife Lisa or Scott's wife. John never struck me as the faithful husband type of guy. I would like to have seen John make a play for Taylor.

I enjoyed the characters, Mrs Ruth and Richard. Great character development. Great story.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
An interesting story

I believe many breakups go this route. Maybe not as dramatic, just the way it is.

Perhaps there is a John and Gina story leading up to the crash?? Hint, hint?

I would bet that every bad thing befalling John would have him looking over his shoulder for Henry for some time to come.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Read it again

Reminded me you CAN write a male character who isn't 100% pathetic. Good story on this one.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Gina?

This is the second story i've read of yours where the wife takes up with a friend of the family and I loved both of them. However, there's somethings that didn't sit well with me. One, was that you didn't give Gina nor John credit for their age, Surely he would have first thought about how breaking up her daughters adoptive uncles would affect her, the same for Gina surely she had an idea how Henry would react to sharing her, and how was her daughter going to feel knowing her mom had dumped her husband for uncle John. instead you actually had them making life changing decisions that would primarily be made by a fourteen or fifteen year old, Now Henry showed a lot of hindsight in figuring Taylor out to get her to fall for him, Why didn't he use it on Gina and John? Surely their decision wasn't made after spending a little while at a party. this had to have taken time and a lot of talk. Why didn't he see it? Another thing I thought this story was about Gina And Henry? But she seems to have been basically dropped after the first page. Until the last page. Now. Why would Gina be broke and have to sell the house and go to work after the accident? John owned several dealerships, Did you forget how much money a dealership makes? Surely knowing something about cars John would have had a pretty good Liability insurance where if he was sued the insurance would pay any civil charges. and not his company. By age forty John would have amassed at least a million ten or twenty times over. Why couldn't Gina and Savanna keep the dealerships going or sell them for a hefty profit. That part didn't make sense. unless it was to show how smart Henry was above all others. But if that was the case then the question would arise "If he was so smart? why couldn't he keep his marriage? Again, theres a lot of questions but not enough space to ask them all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No

This writer must have left a seminary. I enjoyed the story until the end. I know many divorced men, including my brother, and none of them would help the ex wives like this guy does. My brother just about says hello when he sees his ex on unavoidable family occasions. This guy gets his a job. The only person with a backbone and a sense of decency is the dead guy’s daughter. And goodness knows what a Taylor would make of it all in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of your best

Had me at both daughter's support.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Christmas anon

At this point, when she already feels bad, the cruelest thing he can do to her is kindness. Self flagellation is what he's going for here.

To everyone else, do women sometimes really do this? I guess I lead a sheltered life. I know of two couples who did swinging and then divorced and married thus swapping legally. And yeah they all still get along. That's the craziest thing people I know have done. But does something like this story really happen in outwardly normal appearing people?

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 6 years ago
the bitch

wasn't faithful to either of them; if she loved John she wouldn't have given a blowjob to compel Henry into sharing her with John. What a whore? The guy wants to be friends with a diabolical bitch like her.

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Okay

I particarly liked your story being separated by each persons feelings. It made for a more complete story understanding. I felt sorry for Taylor’s father. The old 30 year Navy vet had almost no thoughts are spoken words. Can’t Imagine a 30 year vet with no input.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I can understand parts of this

I've noticed that many comments are negative about him helping her after what she did to him. Most can't believe it and think it could only happen in a fictional story. But I can tell them that it can happen and I have seen it happen twice, and if I've seen it twice then I'm confident that some others have also seen it happen.

The first instance is about my mother and father. After splitting up and divorcing they still remained civil to each other, and in fact after a few years my father was actually friends with both my mother and my stepfather. A couple of examples: when my mom and stepfather was doing some serious modifying and adding on to the house, my dad offered to do all the electrical work, (dad was an electriction), to help my mom and stepfather save some money. He didn't have to but did it to help. My father also went deer hunting with my stepfather. Is that normal ? I have no idea. But it did happen.

For my second example I need to provide a little history about me . A few years back my wife of 32 years informed me that she was in love with my best friend and she wanted a divorce to be with him. Talk about being blind sided !!! So anyway, I developed some serious trust issues. Now jump ahead to current time. My girlfriend and I were living together when one day she told me that she needed some time away from me to thithink. But what she really did was to rent a house together with a guy she had gone steady with when they were in the 7th grade. Initially I was devastated but after a while I was actually glad that happened before we got married. Am I friends with them ? ... yes. They live about 40 miles from me there many times to help them.

For those who care, my ex did file for divorce and I didn't fight it at all. She had this fairy - tell romance and marriage to my ex-best friend all planned out and couldn't wait. BUT, she didn't plan for what happened. When my ex-best friends wife found out about his affair with my ex the shiday really hit the fan. So after his wife and him talked for a few days he decided that he really wanted to stay with his wife, and she let agreed to let him back. That was 12 years ago. So what my ex got the ruining of a 32 year marriage, the loss of a husband who adored her and no fantasy happily-ever-after marriage to her love and lover. So it can or won't happen depending upon a lot of different factors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good

One of the best stories I have read in a while.However I don't agree with the ending,after the pain Gina put him through he should not have helped her after the accident so she got a taste of her own medicine.

leetamezleetamezabout 6 years ago
Great read

Another great story!!!!

Dean618Dean618about 6 years ago
Heart

Good story it's got heart moved me and horny too

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
It's Been a While...

It's been a while since I read this, so some of these may be repeats.

"As a group we decided to keep my relationship with John from you, afraid it would taint your friendship with him." - Why should a PRIOR relationship taint their friendship - as long as it REMAINS prior!

"I love you, and I hope that our time this morning showed you that." - So, some hot sex proves her love? What about that favorite LW excuse, "It's not love, it;s just sex?"

"Well, I guess...that would...mean I'd have to choose." - As he said, wrong answer. The answer should have been that she'd tell John no.

Despite the previous exchange, when he came back for the Malibu, and she said that she didn't want him to leave, he should say, "Okay, call John right now and tell him no."

"This was going to make achieving my goal of keeping both of my men even more difficult" - Henry's right, she does think she's "hot stuff"! Both of her men? Henry is no longer her man!

I know that this is a repeat, but that she considers her and John to be "righting a wrong" says it all!

SHE says that she'd still be willing to share her time, but you can bet your ass that JOHN wouldn't agree!

It doesn't speak well for the rest of the group that not only did they not invite Henry to things, but didn't even RESPOND to his invites, not even to say no!

"As much and as long as I had loved John, I thought that being married to him would somehow be even more amazing that being married to Henry, but it wasn't. It wasn't worse, you understand, just different." - What was she expecting? That it would be like Prince Charming whisking Cinderella off to the magic castle?

Savannah's obviously a very smart young lady! They may not have broken up John's marriage, but she knows what they did to Henry!

"we are making the best of the situation." - Not exactly the response I'd expect from a couple reunited with their "true love"!

chris2300chris2300about 6 years ago
Still a favorite

Read this again and find it to still be one of my favorites. Well written and kept me interested even knowing the ending. For me that says a lot! Thank you for a great story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Addendum to my comment a week ago.

"As a group we decided to keep my relationship with John from you, afraid it would taint your friendship with him." - MARCIE knew about the prior relationship, she even knew that John loved Gina, and only married Marcie because he got her pregnant, and that wasn't a problem that they couldn't deal with, so why couldn't he be trusted to deal with it?

True, Gina and Marcie had been friends, but that should make it even harder on Marcie than on Henry!

coredencoredenabout 6 years ago
Loved it

A great story well told; thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
&√ monthly return

At some point in every month, a link to one of your stories appears either in the similar stories list or the random list near the middle of the new stories page, and I am compelled to re-read the suggested story.

That story having been read, I visit your page and spend the next few hours immersed in your outstanding offerings.

Your creation Taylor is an enchanting delight. I imagine being Henry, though a name change would be required.

I am certainly acquainted with those acclaimed by readers and their pears as being the Legends of this site. Many have ceased posting or only do so for Randi's tours. Some I have read are posting on another site.

You long ago earned that recognition.

Time to stop typing and visit another offering of your wonderful imagination.

Thank for the pleasure I have so frequently derived immersed in your tales.

√&√

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3102 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories