All Comments on 'Nudity was the Only Choice'

by timtrack

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Epiphany_JonesEpiphany_Jonesover 7 years ago
Not bad, but sometimes "less is more", or at least "fewer is enough".

There were times, reading this, when I wished I had taken notes to remember who was whom. When you start giving descriptions, instead of helping to tell the characters apart, it becomes a flood of info. My suggestion, to make it more organic, is to spend a little more time on one or two people at a time, and flesh them out in your reader's minds, before moving on to the next. Then, when switching between perspectives, you can refer to the characters by characteristics and details, without loosing anybody along the way as they ponder, "WHICH one is this again?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Furnace

I quote "... and included the advice not to try shutting the system down, and it was guaranteed it could not be restarted".

Seems strange to leave the .lodge on the Sunday with the furnace still going ....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Furnace

It wasn't left on...

"After breakfast they turned off the over effective heating system, knowing it would be fixed before needing to turn it on again."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
very naive

The author obviously has never been to a nudist resort. Openly displaying a "hard dick" would get you kicked out! A discreet, no, very discrete erection would be tolerated. And you would NEVER call it a colony. Who am I to say? I've visited nude resorts in five countries and I know what I'm talking about. The casualness about the nudity though, that was very accurate.

centauri4centauri4over 7 years ago
Compromising "ideals" in the name of comfort

Sure, we all do that, right? Whatever in life is the most expedient path to a solution and only rarely reading the same paragraph twice or three times before deciding what happened and moving on. The idea of being "forced" into a situation is probably the most common fictional vehicle ever imagined, but what if communication happened more easily, honesty free of judgement were the norm, and acceptance of all civilized behaviors allowed people a more "pure" and true form of freedom? Simple social nudity and the acceptance of our bodies as more than tools for explicit (sexual) behavior might bring humanity to that place. Maybe some would call it going, "back to our roots", "back to nature" or back to an Eden-like existence, but whatever we call it, the new ideals of peaceful existence should include a tolerance of unique individual behaviors as long as they are non-violent towards other people. We can be accepting and respectful of all people, all beliefs and all manners of dress if WE choose to be, just as in this little story. I hope Timtrack will write more like this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another chapter / story?

Is there going to be another chapter / story to follow 9n from this, perhaps about the upcoming holiday party “in the nude” mentioned

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous