All Comments on 'Just Another Radio Talk Show'

by outofshadows

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a great little story!

That was very entertaining and different. Humor, good storytelling, good writing, good editing, what's not to like? Thanks and I look forward to reading more of your stories. JPL

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
How good was that?

A very sweet little short tale in a very unique format. You pulled it off well. I enjoyed the heck out of this quirky little tale. I'm a fan.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very good

5* That was different. A story told over the radio. Cool. It was funny and kept moving right along.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cliche city

You managed to pack almost every cheating wife trope of the Literotica canon into this short story. Still it is well constructed and flows okay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A bit predictable.

This seems like a mix of hundreds of stories posted here. The ending was obvious from the start. One set of quotation marks on two pages of dialogue? It was okay, but not original or gut wrenching in any way.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
Meh

I appreciate the effort, but this felt a little flat to me. As always, there was no emotion displayed by hubby after he discovers the affair. No anger, no sadness. Just shrugs his shoulders and begins the inevitable and ubiquitous "high-tech spying gadgets" step of the BTB template. It's awfully convenient for him that these two middle-aged adults chose to have sex in a car! Otherwise, he would have spent all of that money for nothing.

Perhaps I'm taking this story too seriously. Perhaps it's meant to be a BTB parody. If that's the case, then this still fell short for me, as I didn't find it very funny. There were many cringe-worthy parts that reminded me of the "Morning Zoo" DJ's who try so hard to be funny, and end up having to laugh at their own jokes because no one else is laughing.

Ah, well. You can't please everyone! I do appreciate the effort and the unique perspective. Happy holidays to you, too.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Lol!

I loved the described fireworks AT the thanksgiving table!

Right out there in front of EVERYONE, no denying anything even a possibility for the cheaters. Hmm...would this qualify as revenge served warm?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Other than the need to tell his story over the air, why not spend Thanksgiving with HIS family?

“I was already paying for everything, from the mortgage to the bills and her car loan” – She’s working, and can’t pay AT LEAST her car loan, and hopefully SOMETHING towards the mortgage?

Her lover and boss is her brother-in-law. That means either sister’s husband or husband’s brother. Besides BOTH being creepy, if he’s sister’s husband how is SHE going to benefit? And unless husband’s brother is single, she gets no benefit there either!

She couldn’t really be fired, because even with consent it’s still sexual harassment when a superior has an affair with a subordinate. There's an implied pressure even if it’s not explicit.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Cameras

Did he really need the cameras?

Those traffic cameras usually record, couldn't he have gotten a copy of the make out scene?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bunch of boring shitheads

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓, 𝐒𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐀𝐆, 𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐍𝐓 and all the usual whiners: FUCK YOU AND YOUR MORONIC, ANNOYING COMMENTS. DIE SOON AND HARD.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Very good story

I really enjoyed this .

Was wkrz an homage to one of the funniest sitcoms ever , wkrp in Cincinnati ? And if so , was it Dr. Johnny Fever , or Les Nessman ? lol.

But I believe this author is British and I'm not sure if it was a hit there.

It sounds like you have an awesome editing and support staff , and I will be eagerly awaiting more of your posts .

Thank you for sharing.

4.6 = 5 *'s in Literotica bucks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Been a long time

Haven't made a comment on any story for years. Yours hit both my funny bone and my own history of a cheating wifey who divorced ME of all things. To this day she claims she did not cheat to our children. I had physical proof positive though I've never divulged it to anyone - it's MINE to roll over when another female attempts to fool me. It has served me well, more than once . . . thanx for this . . .

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Re: "While it's not a great piece" Author's introductory comment

I didn't think it was a great piece either, but I also didn't think it was particularly bad.

It was a somewhat lightly humorous little story that could have been given more punch (and perhaps made more appealing to the BTB crowd) by setting it at a time before our first-person narrator had gone through divorce proceedings. If his intention was to wreak revenge on the wife, it would have been more exciting to do it early in the proceedings before the dust has settled.

As it was, it just sounded like self pity long after the event.

Lue

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
A great 5* read and in keeping with the season

and it worked very well, too.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
A breath of fresh air, on the air

I enjoyed the flat affect of the protagonist in contrast to the crisis presented by the cheating wife and her boss.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I think .....

I think you should have kept her as you two sound like you were meant for each other and the rest of the clowns were just there for the parts in-between the mess you two made.! Shame on you for running around and screwing anybody older than 18 with a skirt on.!**^^ Wish I had never ever read this stupid story after your intro..*

gave you a ""1"" as there are no "0".!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Average"

It would be helpful to know who "he" is, I assume it is the protagonist, so:

"Why didn't he have the divorce papers along with the pictures at Thanksgiving?" - Why does that matter?

"Did he eventually make any money if the buyout went through?" - He had no involvement with the company, the b-i-l did, so he made no money on the buyout, which I believe when though, hence the transfer of b-i-l and probation of ex-wife.

"Did he lose a lot in the divorce?" - He's a radio DJ. While a good one in a major market does well, we;re not talking movie/TV star money, not a lot to lose.

"Why didn't he sue the Company?" - This is a stale trope here. Unless the company itself enabled the affair in some way, they have no liability. His being a senior partner may affect that somewhat, but you can bet that the partnership agreement has language to shift any burden from the firm onto the offending partner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The word is "shit", not "shite" you stupid fuck!!

Learn to spell!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very good

A dramatic and compelling story done in a completely new venue, talk radio. Great idea for a story and the writing and editing were spot on. This was a very good story. It seems odd that people such as Swingerjoe and Luedon would criticize a story that is so much better than anything they've ever written.

For the dregs of the writing bag to criticize a top flight writer such as you is laughable. And, to the ignorant bastard who told you how to spell "shit," think UK, asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anon..."shite" and "shit"

You ignorant bastard, "shite" really is a word. Old world spelling for "shit" you fucking idiot. British and Irish! Get passed the 8th grade and you would realize that.

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
Not quite 5* but a good read

I had to laught at the Thanksgiving turkey being used as an offensive weapon. I often wonder how many Lit authors are writing from personal experience of the crushing realisation that there spouse is cheating.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
I liked it...easy to read and with some funny parts...

I liked it...easy to read and with some funny parts...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not a bad little tale.

It wasn't a bad read. I am curious, though, as to which authors are no longer with us. Would you please clarify? Thank you. And thank you for your tale.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
shitepoke

shitepoke |ˈSHītˌpōk|

nounN. Amer. informal

any of a number of birds of the heron family.

[Several species in the family Ardeidae, in particular the green-backed Butorides virescens.]

ORIGIN

late 18th cent.: from shite (because of the bird's habit of defecating when disturbed) + the noun poke1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A good plot, but verbose and pretentious.

You ruined a good plot with your verbosity and irrelevant side comments. I guess they were supposed to be humorous? Just lame. Which is really a shame, because it could have been a much more interesting story if you had focused on the plot and the characters instead of your monologue. Kind of like to hear yourself talk, much?

What was missing was what happened? Was she always a greedy selfish bitch and he was always a clueless puking sucker? Or did something suddenly change in her nature? Obviously if she and the brother-in-law were going to run off with the new wealth, the family was going to be devastated anyway, so all the anguish had to be over the lost money, not being caught cheating. Makes their motives and their end game plan more interesting. But you were too busy starring in your own radio monologue to tell us the rest of the story, or the more interesting part of the story. So it ended up kind of cute, but also kind of anti climatic. You know the big family gathering denouement is kind of old, and cliche'. Guess your story reflected the season; it was a turkey.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Sad Tale

But with hope for the future of one talk show host. It must be tough to recover from a shot like this. ## I, too, would like to know which authors have shuffled off the mortal coil. Perhaps we ought to have memorial page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

Pleasure to read this burn-the-bitch/burn-the-bastard combo story.

Well written characters. Tight plot. Drama and comedy successfully blended together🎭❗

You seem to be familiar with the american thanksgiving day. Did you stay in the U.S. for a long period of time?

Thank you for the story.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good one

like the way you write this good story

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

In whatever format the tale is told, when the cheaters are caught red handed it's a great tale. Cheaters are losers. To hell with them.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
SERENDIPITY IS LIKE SANTA

except 1 only cums once a year. TK U MLJ LV NV

outofshadowsoutofshadowsover 7 years agoAuthor
Response to comments

Thank you to readers for all the support, comments and feedback. A more detailed response is on my blog http://bit.ly/2fSUqfz

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday and no one is too turkey-ed out! LOL

Have a great holiday season!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Extremely Well-Written

You made this a believable tale. I too am...or, was...broadcast announcer...very vocal and opinionated. FYI, people in the broadcast industry have one of the highest divorce rates of any job. I am proof of that. Three divorces and two relationships destroyed on their way to the altar. This could have been me.

Ocker51Ocker51almost 7 years ago
Good Story

Good story, this story was believable & there for has earned 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good story

Dad for Christmas, but a new cheating wife story is always fun. A gentle, but effective burn.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 4 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed the names of the local radio WKRZ, not sure if any of the US readers got that one! Nice plot, the monologue as straight talk radio works well, funny and sad. Really enjoyable story. Would’ve liked more hints about their ages and the relative age of the wife’s brother-in-law, just for some perspective; I assumed the sister was older, the sister’s hubby older still and the original broken couple late 20s early 30s, no children, with no real explanation or sense of frustration in that area. I get that the f-i-l and b-i-l seem decent guys, while I get that the m-i-l and s-i-l would have preferred Michael’s wife had married a businessman and partner rather than to a local radio broadcaster.

I wasn’t happy with the word "shite", except as a term to use on radio, but then he did admit that Pellegrino was not his name, so maybe Mick has red hair like his ex-wife, and he did toss in a few "fucks", so shite wasn’t simply a safe-ish radio word. Maybe he could have thrown in a few "fecks" instead?!

Anyway, loved it 5*.

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
NICE STORY

It was a good read with a bit more substance than I was expecting after your intro. In the beginning I was imagining the cheaters getting 'rounded up' by a passing police patrol car after the live hook-up was mentioned. Let's hear it for straight-laced moral old business guys! They have had quite a lot of input to several stories I have read! I gave it 5***** for the humour component, which is always a plus in any story!

Good Job, Thank You.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 from me - I liked this story

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Nice, you kept it amusing, but not so over-the-top comedic that the sting wasn't felt at all.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

That was good, especially once Thanksgiving rolled around.

opheliusopheliusalmost 2 years ago

👍👍👍👍👍

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

Bastante divertido dentro de todo, el epílogo esperanzador además, esperanzador y realista.

Referente a que hay un mundo completo afuera

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

4 ****. Why not 5? Be ause although you referenced a final conversation, you did not let readers know what was said or not…just that hubby made it clear reconciliation was not happening.

AlanDavidAlanDavid4 months ago

Very entertaining.. 5 stars

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

Good story! 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous