All Comments on 'Love Knows No Color Pt. 05'

by bwwm4me

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 7 years ago
More please.

I get the feeling that Rose's comeuppance is going to be very harsh.

redlion75redlion75over 7 years ago

now the kids can live with people that love em

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great story.Keep it going !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ooowwweee

That bitch rose is going to far! She's going to get what's coming to her! Did she forget about his neighbors that love him and Shavonda? Stupid ass!

bwwm4mebwwm4meover 7 years agoAuthor
Author's notes

Thanks for the kind comments.

In response to the comments, Rose is not through yet. She will appear more in the next couple parts. Karma, though, is a bitch. Rose, however, will not be the only adversity Jason and Shavonda face. As anybody who's been in an interracial long term relationship can tell you, you get blowback on your relationship in some unexpected places. It is something Jason is learning to deal with. Shavonda, sadly, has seen a lot of it before.

ConsuellaBeautifulBookwormSpencerConsuellaBeautifulBookwormSpencerover 7 years ago
Keep it coming!!!!

Love this. Very strong couple with strong family backing. LOVE IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Poster of Rose's child

I really like this story, although I cannot relate to it. Fortunately, even while having various shades of brown (I refuse to use the word 'black', because it isn't black, except for the hair and the pupils) in our house, we (almost) never experience serious harassments; I think we do see some suspicion every now and then, but nothing really nasty. Might have something to do with country, area, ... Good friends and family don't pay attention, but I do recognize it does makes a difference at the first impression, and somehow, in larger crowd, you do often see people separating into groups of white and groups of others.

I might have a different view on some things; I think it seems like a nasty provocation to Rose to sell posters of Shavonda and Ethan, indicating that love knows no color. Rose's child, being used to advertise something she doesn't approve - I can see how that makes her angry. It already starts with the fact that I wouldn't want any pictures of my children being sold in general, especially not on poster-format to be displayed, then, there it is a theme she doesn't approve, and thirdly, they are making money on (also) her child's picture.

Nevertheless, it doesn't make any of Rose's actions right...

bwwm4mebwwm4meover 7 years agoAuthor
Authors notes

@ rubenr

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my story. It is nice to have a fellow author's perspective.

I am assuming you are from the UK or Europe? Here in the US, black is the most common term for people of color. As such, it refers more to the race of the person than the actual color of their skin. Like you, the family I surround myself come in all shades but 90% would, if asked, identify themselves as black.

With regards to the poster, while Rose would object to seeing her son used on it, established law clearly favors Jason and Shavonda. For one thing, the photo was taken in a public park. Photos taken in a public space are considered free speech, and thus are the photographer's to do with as he wishes. A secondary consideration is that the photographer is also a parent of the child in question, he would have say so in how the photograph is used, even if taken in a private space. Acting as guardian of the child, he could give his permission to use the image in whatever manner requested, in this case on a poster promoting racial equality. Rose could sue in court, acting as the other guardian, but would probably lose the case.

In any event, in order to be fair to Ethan, Jason and Shavonda should place a portion of the proceeds of the poster into a trust account for Ethan, to be claimed upon his reaching the age of 21.

LoveKing23LoveKing23over 6 years ago

Loving this series so much and I still have so much to read 😊

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous