All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 064'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best Story

Once again you delivered best chapter . You spoiled me for good when I try to read stories of other authors I start compare your stories and other stories. They are pale in comparison to your stories . SO I re read 3sm again until you post another chapter

Thanks again another chapter.

fenderheistfenderheistover 7 years ago
first comment ever

I have been following this story right from the day you posted CHAPTER THREE!!! and i must say I never expected this story to take it where we are now... I've read every chapter and even most COMMENTS!!! enjoyed the story the commentary as well and so i decided to login and post my first official comment on literotica in three years just to say thank you for another AWESOME chapter. YOU have been an inspiration.

fenderheistfenderheistover 7 years ago
THE LUCKY ONES

also I want to say as an afterthought those meeting this story for the first time are the lucky ones, imagine 64 chapters over a million words of what is a breathtaking journey.....SIGHS... nostalgic

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Never

I have never before found the need to write a comment on this website, yet after reading this growing series, I have deemed it worthy. This is one of my favorite stories to be found here, to the point where I would almost think that this had already been published. I love your writing style and imagination, and I hope you continue to write, whether it be this series or whatever else you dream up. The only issue I had was not in anyway your fault, I just had trouble seeing the "softball-size balls" that he has and how the hell he walks with them, lol. Please don't stop.

Ps. Sorry if I sounded like a prick at all, lol.

Sid0604Sid0604over 7 years ago
5 Stars...

Another great chapter. Very easily worth 5 stars.

jayb2204jayb2204over 7 years ago
I WISH

I wish I was reading this story for the first time. 64 chapters of excitement for the first time. Can't wait for the next chapter.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the nice comments!

Thanks for the feedback! It's always a relief when you guys like a new chapter. :-)

I'm about half way through chapter 65 at the moment, so you can probably expect to see it by the end of next week.

Have a good weekend.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a lot on his mind

john recalls all the things he wished to do. it's getting stacked up! will need many chapters to catch up :)

love it.

sifidavesifidaveover 7 years ago
si/fidave ..WOW

STILL HOLDING MY BREATH ,,W.O.W ,,,,,,NOW A NEED ANOTHER HIT ...CAN,T GET ENOUGH..SI/FIDAVE OVER & OUT

SirCarlSirCarlover 7 years ago
I would like......

To give more than 5 stars but I'll just have to settle and say wow!

gregsjlngregsjlnover 7 years ago
Greatness

This a story I keep coming back to looking for the new chapters, great writing style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
All I can say...

Keep up the excellent work. Loving the story and cant wait for more. From simple beginings to a truly epic sci-fi story you have created a masterpiece in the traditional sense of the word. I wish that i had 1/10th of your skill

AK

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I commented last chapter the battle was very one sided. On reflection the obvious overwhelming firepower coupled with his mercy in letting the invasion force live my be what's needed to make peace with the Kintark. If he can also prove they have both been manipulated from the start that would also help.

Either way Tefler has shown he can juggle all the story elements, so let's see where he go's now.

Draco9881Draco9881over 7 years ago
Another great chapter.

Thanks for another great chapter. I stand by the comparisons I made in my first comment on the last chapter. What I, personally, think needs polishing is breathing a little more life into the political and social environment.

Now for some thoughts on the upcoming rescue mission.

Sakura's infiltration skills will be needed to locate Calara's brother. John will either come to this conclusion on his own or it will be "forced" on him by Sakura with the aid and connivance of the other girls

I can also see a conflict between his natural desire to rescue all the prisoners and the limited resources at his disposal that will make that goal too time consuming.

Draco9881Draco9881over 7 years ago
Missing Full Stop

After posting my comment I saw that I had omitted a full stop after "girls".

CreyniCreyniover 7 years ago
Difficulties

I have followed this story since the very first few chapters and love it and commend your ability to capture so many people with it.

I have however a few small difficulties with this chapter.

1. Why did Lynton feel the need to hide her appereance  to John specifically when she didn't to the other Admiralty in the invasion fleet or her own crew is quite perplexing.

2. If she is a traitor why not attempt to poison the meeting with the others by not letting them know he was coming or trying to get them to arrest him or destroy him when he came to them by lying that he was hostile or with Norwood.

3. The serious lack of professionalism from the Admirals is very concerning. I can understand them before John attended but during his meeting with them it became very infuriating. I get them trying to be friendly and dispensing with ranks but after John's revelations they should have got a little more serious rather than sounding like a gaggle of surprised toddlers.    

4. The lack of questions directed at John or him to the Admirals is quite astounding. Yes he dodged the one about the Invictus but after that there was nothing. Surely they wanted more info from John especially about his intentions in heading towards Norwood. And then from John to not ask about the situation with Norwood his location or his lack of motive or demands. I know this isn't the first time John hasn't asked questions when he should have but still it felt a little flat in my opinion.

Apart from those points which im sure will end up resolved in the next chapter and ill have pie on my face lol. This a solid story and i love the way you solve or settle a goal of John's then throw 2 more at us is brilliant keep up the great work.

Creyni  

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Ok, time for some rank speculation about future issues here...

...about John's origins.

His mother has to be (at least "one of") the other/another progenitor's Matriarchs.

My reasons for suspecting so are as follows:

1) she was impregnated by a Progenitor (fairly obviously)...whether voluntarily or involuntarily at the time is another matter.

2) In order for her to "get away" and birth John, she had to be able to engineer sufficient time away from her Progenitor, and that requires presuming a few more things, like: she was intended to be bred by the Progenitor with another Progenitor/"heir" offspring (as they can control the actual pregnancy's start, apparently); she either would have been ordered to go elsewhere to give birth and then "abandon" the child, or she would have had to _sneak_ away to do so; and based upon the controlling nature of the "other/dark John"'s personality as a match to the known Progenitor pattern, sneaking away seems unlikely to be a successful effort for anyone less than a Matriarch to be able to successfully pull off. Indeed, even a Matriarch would need to be able to LIE to her Progenitor upon her return about needing to have been injured (or something) and losing the pregnancy prior to the child's point of independent viability as the only tolerable excuse for "losing" his planned offspring.

The only rational alternative I can imagine at the moment to all of the above is that a Progenitor's normal reproduction scheme entails doing something like what cuckoo's do (they are "brood parasites") in dropping an egg in another's nest, and that chick then "takes over" and kills off the other hatchlings, having their "foster" parents raise it (freeing the cuckoo parents from the duties of raising the chick).

So anyway, those are my speculations on the subject of John's origins... Now, presuming I've got anything at all right there, can you imagine John's surprise when, upon eventually confronting the other progenitor, he finds his mother there? Can you imagine the other Progenitor's surprise when John "swipes" his mother away/back from that Progenitor with Alyssa's help (and the aid of his/their much stronger mental/metaphysical bonding)? :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re: GrandPaM

I figure that Jessica was a thrall, not a Matriarch. Otherwise, I'm in agreement with the cuckoo hypothesis, guessing that she was sent home to give birth and then reclaimed by her progenitor (Mael'nerak himself?). A progenitor has to decide the sex of any offspring so it's unlikely that she could have become pregnant without him knowing. Of course, Tefler has been known to change the rules with a dramatic reveal so, who knows.

I would go further in hypothesizing that all of the chaos in the galaxy has been engineered by John's father as a sort of crucible for testing John's mettle. If I were a member of a race (can you call it a race if there are only a few of them?) of immortal conquerors, I would probably want a way to test a potential heir.

-aderi

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
time to get into politics

I think John revealed enough of his hand for the admiralty to start to realize he is a rising force.

I know John has a growing to-do list before returning to Maliri space but if he knew about what Edraell is doing he should have use their (now his) resources.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I guess it had to happen....

After 63 3/4 chapters.....I'm disappointed. I've really been waiting anxiously for John to take Illiriths ass, and the scene left me feeling down. None of the apprehension, tension, jitters and conflicted feelings I had come to expect from her. I really think she is potentially the deepest, most complex of the bunch and I wish she had remained in character. For me, that highly anticipated scene just fell flat. Her anal seduction could have been given the deeply detailed treatment similar to the early, beautifully depraved chapters with Alyssa. I would have liked to have seen a 3-page chapter devoted to it.

Otherwise a nice chapter.

thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
Let's see

Let's see who will be on the ground during the rescue my guess is Rachel, Alyssa, Dana ( maybe or she will stay on the Invictus) Irrith, John Jade will probably stay with the raptor because they haven't had the time to train Faye.which leave Sakura who isn't fully a crew member yet if John needs infiltration information he could turn to her or edraele how always has her assassin's by her side and could relay information to John. Well let's weapon wise they are bringing the punisher guns, probably the side arms as well John will be bringing his sword I hope but this will be the first major base/ outpost they have hit on the ground since Mercs. If there are any royal guards who know how well the laser's will do to them since they Regen either that or they will mix up there load out and bringer both the laser and the munition version or the rifle. John or Alyssa hasn't made a sword for Sakura yet so I'm guess she may stay on the ship plus none of the armour would fit her so she will probably be with Calara and Faye on the Invictus and relaying information on to Alyssa through Calara. Dana has yet had time to reverse engineer any tech from Sakura gear yet so Haven't had the team for the cloaking tech or sound muffling tech to be fitted to there armor. This should be another good test that has yet to be truly tested in combat yet. I'm scared for any kintark Alyssa runs into knowing that Calara's brother is their as she may find it to be a brother to her aswell with how close she is with Calara. Wonder if Dana has at least thought to make sure there are air filters on the suits. These are just thoughts going on why I wait for the next fit . Anyone else have the same thoughts as me.

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
Grandpam

I think its the cuckoos type as john had his DNA included a guide/darkside and he seemed to have tech info inputed to.

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
@aderi / andya,

I don't think she could be a thrall (unless the cuckoo hypothesis is valid).

My main reason for that was the existence of John's initial mental fortress - the way it existed form his birth through his first 40 years - can't be explained away very easily, unless someone adept in the mental/psionic powers set it up for him before he was born.

Think for a second about how he grew up - all through childhood, puberty, and early adulthood that mental/metaphysical fortress kept his dark progenitor mentality locked away - and his mental powers & self-awareness locked away as well. Does that sound like a logically natural developmental path for a progenitor - or an altered one? I'd vote altered. The only rational explanation I can imagine for that scenario occurring is if mommy was a matriarch and had her psionic powers attuned unnaturally high - and that she did the mental shielding for him as a baby very deliberately. The only other reasonable explanation for it is if his Progenitor father did it, and that would seem to defy normal logic given Progenitors' darkly dominant and uncaring characters.

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
my two cents worth

You are all forgetting that mael'nerak are the best atmanipulating DNA. I think that it is not John's father but someone trying to dispose of him. I think John's dad sent his matriarch to give birth to him in his old stomping ground to keep the bloodline viable. I think that it is this other unknown because there were two different progenitor signatures. I think we are witnessing a final war all g the mael'nerak. That being said I think Lynton is just a thrall.

Now for the admirals. It comes as a shock that some admirals may lose their head and forget to ask questions. Don't think they have forgot on purpose. I believe they are just putting on an act until this mess is over. Admiral Birmingham was really in charge of the meeting. His facade went away and he started barking orders because he knew what he had to do. He told John that they were going to have a talk when this was all over.

I think John may have another Devareux on his hands with the other female admiral.

I guess the cat is out of the bag about mael'nerak especially at the highest level. We can almost guarantee that we haven't heard the last from Santini or Weber.

Again another great story Tefler.

Draco9881Draco9881over 7 years ago
My thoughts on John's heritage

John's father did supress John's progenitor nature and abilities. When those powers manifested Progenitor John was supposed to fully take over, as nearly happened on the trip to get the weapon upgrades. The reason for John's father doing this was because he was getting ready to attack another Progenitor and wanted to hide John incase he, the father, was defeated and killed in the encounter

The plan failed because John's grandparents' moral teaching and the general disbelief in psychic powers conspired to strengthen the imposed inhibitions.

John is, possibly, the first altruistic progenitor but will his male children follow in his footsteps or will they revert to the progenitor norm?

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
re: GrandPaM, et al.

In the conversation with Athena it was all but spelled out that John was an aggressive child and his grandparents enrolled him in martial arts classes to channel that and teach him discipline. It was the meditation that he learned there that allowed him to build the shield to keep PJ, and his violent tendencies, at bay. She said and I quote, "Instead of enslaving and conquering, you found ways to master your mind, imprisoning [PJ] behind a mental barrier. You built that up over the years with careful focus and meditation."

That seems pretty damned clear to me.

As an aside, if Progenitor Alyssa is named Athena, can we start referring to Progenitor John as Ares? It's fitting and sounds a lot better to me.

-aderi

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Could John have a brother?

I know everyone speculates John's father could be out there causing trouble but what about another half Terran brother who succumbed to the dark side. John didn't manifest any powers until recently and he had a positive childhood and life with his grandparents and marine families. A brother with pointy ears and a not very positive experience growing up on a crappy Terran outpost would have a different outlook re humans. With trouble brewing only recently a brother progenitor could have easily discovered his abilities earlier than John. Just throwing another theory out there.

I think Tefler established pregnancy only happens when John wants it too but it'd be interesting if any of his weekend pass one night stands produced an unknown offspring.

On a slightly negative note this is first time the use of "teenager" grated with me. I think you should move on from that description especially since Racheal and Calara aren't teenagers.

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
re: John's potential brother

Where would that brother have acquired a ship that looks like the one from the ancient petroglyphs and which has a wormhole generator?

The teenager thing has annoyed me from the start but if I were to list all the things that irk me with TSM I'd be typing for a while and then still have to explain why I've been reading faithfully from the start anyway.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: teenager reference

All four Terran girls are still eighteen. Calara is the eldest, then Rachel, Alyssa, and Dana. They act more mature (most of the time!) because John has dramatically enhanced them, and they've also dealt with an awful lot over the past few months.

John joined the military at eighteen, but Calara and Rachel were younger. Rachel signed up at sixteen, then spent two years training before qualifying as a junior doctor. Her first posting was to Port Medea.

Calara went to a military Academy that trained students to become officers. She graduated shortly after her eighteenth birthday, then was posted to Port Heracles. She signed up for the Corvette Griffon after a couple of months of being pestered by Commander Rupert Grant.

Tefler

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Teenagers

I was well aware that the girls were all 18. It just seems strange to me to keep emphasizing that when none of them look or act like teenagers.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Aderi

Anon below thought that Rachel and Calara were older, so I was clarifying their ages for him.

Using the term 'teenagers' is accurate though, and I use it occasionally just for a bit of variety from "Terran girls", "Young women", "the girls", etc.

Tefler

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Pull the other one

Tefler,

Anon can be forgiven for not catching that Rachel was in ROTC in her Medical High School because that's kind of ridiculous. In any event, most of the references to their youth occur in a sexual context and it's a bit weird to keep calling attention to it. You could probably delete every instance of every variant of 'teenager' from TSM and not lose any meaning.

For what it's worth, I'm in the military and I'm about the same age as John. I have 18 year old subordinates and they're really fucking annoying.

-aderi

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
aderi

I agree, all the new soldiers get on my last nerve and their attitudes make me want to take it out on something inanimate. :)

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Aderi

"Anon can be forgiven for not catching that Rachel was in ROTC in her Medical High School because that's kind of ridiculous."

Seems fairly reasonable to me. The Terran Federation needs medics, so it pays for their tuition in an intensive program. They're given minimal military training, as they're being trained as junior doctors to staff medical facilities like Port Medea.

Tefler

mechanizedprimordialmechanizedprimordialover 7 years ago
the unfortunate backstaging if the sex

I am a bit sad that reading the sex is becoming a bit of a chore. You are lacking on what i think are 2 important components of what makes a solid enjoyable sex. 1. The lack of dirty sentences. And its graphicality. While they're having sex. 2. The lack of fluids being described (the girls juices, cums, etc) I do enjoy the the submissivenes of the girls and at other times. Them being completely slutty whores. But the lack of the girls screaming/withering graphic words and the fluids being described and how much they enjoy it. Really made a bit of an underwhelming impact with this format. Other than that. I'm really digging into the story. Keep on going.

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Re: texanguy1

I often think that I must have been just as bad when I was new to the service but I just had a kid show up to a uniform inspection with his ribbons upside down.

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
re aderi

I swear if one more private rolls their eyes when I tell them to do something I may come unglued. At least your soldier have the gumption to try. Most of time they expect you to do it all.

AnonymousLuciferAnonymousLuciferover 7 years ago
Other progenitor

When progenitor john faces Glowing Queen of rebel Trankaran

John's face darkened with a sinister smile as he said, "Now that that unpleasantness is over with, why don't you and I have a nice little chat about your master..."

So progenitor john knows who is other progenitor . John have to ask Athena or he have to faces his dark side to know other progenitor.

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Re: Medic training

I can only really compare things to how we do it in the US Army. The standard combat medic training takes a high school graduate or equivalent and then sends them through the normal boot camp followed by 16 weeks of focused training in saving lives during combat. This type of medic is basically an EMT with a military focus.

We also have a course to further train those medics as LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurses). That class takes a year to complete. That still doesn't match with Rachel's qualifications.

A junior doctor sounds a lot like what we would call a Physician's Assistant and, of course, we have a program for that, as well. It's a Masters level education that requires 4 years of college before you can even think about applying. And yes, that is the condensed course that crams two years of education into one.

-aderi

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Re: texanguy1

You are made of sterner stuff than me. I think I might come unglued the first time a private rolls his eyes at me. Thankfully, it hasn't happened yet. I need to figure out what to do when it does.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: medic training

it's 700 years in the future; training methods will have vastly improved. I went to university with a number of doctors, and you could easily condense their medical degree Into an intensive 2 year course with the benefits of new technology. For example, when you have full body scans, and 3D holographic bio-readouts, it would make diagnostics and surgery immeasurably easier.

There's also no need to send a medic like her through boot camp. With drop ship evacs and cryostasis tubes, troops can be stabilised by a squad combat medic then sent back from the front lines for surgery.

Tefler

hootrhuntrhootrhuntrover 7 years ago
Rachael and Calara

I was in the dark also regarding their ages. I probably glossed over the details in early chapters but always assumed with Academy training and Medical training they were older than Alyssa and Sparks. Now with Tefler's clarification I get it now.

As to the older military members and their 18 year old subordinates I can completely understand. I know when I was a teenager I was a complete ass and lacked respect for most authority figures. By the time I was 25 and out of graduate school I was a completely 180 degrees person. Took my brain that long to become fully cognitive.

george41george41over 7 years ago
Wow!

So for the past month I've been swamped with school work and work work, so I haven't had any time to read. Imagine my surprise when I come back online to not see just one or two new chapters, but four! Keep up the great work man! Also, how much longer until you get the first part of the story published?

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
Alternatives Views

Several chapters ago I submitted my view that Johns Dad is not the progenitor stirring up the pot rather it is a rival to Johns dad. There is no evidence to suggest it is Johns dad stirring things up, why as Teffler has suggested is that a Progenitor chooses when a thrall gets pregnant, and what sex the child will be. Why produce a Male heir (Patriarcal society seems appropriate for Progentors), only to in 45 years time confront and try and destroy them? Not very logical.

A more logical view and Okcham's razor-ish is that Johns Dad and another Progenitor went toe to toe 10,000 years ago, and both were so wounded by the efforts that they had to go into deep hibernation to recover. John's mum find Johns dad and awakens him before the other progenitor becomes active, but daddy is still too weak and realise it, so produces John with an off chance that John will defeat the opponent where daddy can't. By entrusting John to a Terran upbringing (his pet I'm bored project from the AI), dad hopes that the "light side" of Johns Progenitor can over ride the dark, and not bring around full destruction of the galaxy and the current civilisations.

Mal

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
Progenitor talk

Excellent chapter as usual, Tef. Some neat little revelations in here. But now I think it might be time for some talk about Progenitors.

1. There was a comment earlier wondering why Lynton hid her appearance from John but not the Admirals. I think that's because the Progenitor she's a thrall too ordered it. When PJ axed the Glowing Queen, who was also a thrall, I'm betting that tipped off the Progenitor via his matriarch that he now has a rival, and as such, has ordered his thralls to attempt to avoid contact with John, and if not, to try and hide their appearance so as to not tip John off to them being thralls. Lynton didn't hide her appearance from the admirals because they wouldn't have thought to second guess her story about an amazing body-sculpt job unlike John.

2. The admirals didn't grill John about the Invictus or other topics after his little bombshell about the traitor because he intimidates the hell out of them. There's a moment when John is looking over the admirals with an appraising eye, and they felt like small children under his gaze. Prior to that, they pretty much were writing him off as a rather exceptional human retiree. At that point when he was appraising them, they realized that John was something so much more than a human, something with great power and authority that they could not hope to match. John pretty much seized command of the room from a group of people who have made careers of doing the exact same thing to lesser people, and John did it with just a simple look. So yeah, John scares them. They know better than to risk getting on his bad side.

3. John's mind shield. I imagine that it has likely been with him since birth, but it wasn't put there by his mother. Or father for that matter. In all likelihood, it was probably put there by PJ, just the same way as Athena setup Alyssa's mind shield. The shield is there to keep the two personalities, the Progenitor and the human, from merging before they are ready, as was stated by Athena. However, that's about where the similarities end. Athena is a Progenitor personality based off of John's design, whereas PJ is based on the standard Progenitor template. PJ was meant to guide John on his path of power and conquest, and when John's upbringing deviated from that path, PJ tried to take control, but John's mediation training had reinforced the mind shield, making it too strong for PJ to break on his own anymore.

4. In regards to the suggestion to give Progenitor John the name Ares...I'm going to keep calling him PJ. It sounds a lot more childish and less regal than Ares, and suits that prick better.

Keep up the good work Tef. Looking forward to the next chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
About Sakura

Why are people already allocating her as the "home ninja" and all?

she just joined and did not change (physically) at all.

even after the changes it is unlikely she could match her augmented performance (even better than John).

and last John's current mode of operation is more "shock and awe" rather than sneaking around and doing covert assassinations.

Maybe he will need a lawyer for all the alliances agreement between his (maliri) empire and the ashanat, terran and all :)

CreyniCreyniover 7 years ago
Jedi_khan

Jedi_khan while i think your explanation for Lynton is plausible i still find it very weak and hope its not the case. Yes after John disrupting the progenitors plans with the drakkar and the glowing queen would get him to take Johns crew seriously i dont think he would order a blanket order to hide or avoid john that would show a bit of weakness plus im sure he would realise its futile after everything the crew have done already.

The same goes for his meeting with the Admirals yes he stood and intimidated them to take him seriously but once he stopped trying to intimidate they still didnt react in a way that would reflect there ranks.

 I second Ozkiwis theory it sounds the most logical and would also lead into the current progenitor being around and brewing trouble if he sensed his rivals awakening.

Creyni

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
More on medic training

I remain unconvinced that you can condense pre-med, med school and residency into two years while working part time as a shop girl and end up knowing much more than which end of the scalpel has the pointy bit. Some things simply require practice no matter how advanced your training technology is.

-aderi

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
this is ludicrous...

people can immerse themselves in fantasy but only if it agrees with their preconceived notions...

so green people are okay but fast medical school isn't. if tefler hadn't gone with that, it takes away from the 18 year old harem fantasy he is writing.

logistics is one thing but come on.

also military regularly employed docs with just internship n a semester of residency experience during the iraq war in the real world. it's code is also different from civilian reqs. so forget the weird thing and lean in to the fantasy.

or atleast move onto another thing to keep it interesting like

1. Tefler's weird interpretation of the periodic table and the difference between atomic and molecular bonds OR

2. Alyssa's telekinesis going from just specific substances to Sakura's glass OR

3. Admirals not trying to lock up John because they suspect he wants to find the Progenitor to figure out who he is and maybe partner up instead of destroying the only link he has to his origin.

But remember this is Tefler's story and we are just along for the ride to enjoy.

Anyone else have any other inconsistencies for fun?

and TEFLER, no offence mate, love the story, speaking of which, any updates?

nekronomnekronomover 7 years ago
Realism in Space Operas

I do concede, that a basic believability must be maintained, but I for my part, am content, when the rules of the chosen universe and it's physics are complied to throughout the story. If time dilatation is omitted so be it, if new forms of training for medical personnel are in place fine with me...

nekronomnekronomover 7 years ago
concerning teenagers

The basic fetish of this story has been obedient gorgeous teenage girls. I don't think it's fair to criticise Tefler for still maintaining this base fetish. If this inspired him to this epic story this is a small price to pay.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re:anon

"Alyssa's telekinesis going from just specific substances to Sakura's glass"

That's been happening for quite a while now. The first time was when she smashed the lamp on Oceanus, but she moved a chair in their bedroom, and threw around mikaboshi's soldiers.

Regarding Medical training time: It seems an odd thing to be so contentious, and when I started writing the series, discussing "space school" wasn't really the point of the story.

There are all sorts of futuristic ways that training could be speeded up: memory enhancers, synaptic stimulants, or they might have perfected sleep-learning to avoid having to waste time memorising information. Pick one (or all) of them, and there you go... Learning 28th century style!

Their training didn't include residency, as newly qualified medics would be heavily supervised after they were sent to their first post.

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 65 status

I wasn't able to write much over the weekend unfortunately, but I've written 12k so far, and I'm about half way through the chapter.

Tefler

aderiaderiover 7 years ago
Regarding my contentiousness

To be fair, I'd had a few pints when I started writing and, at least initially, was trying to be humorous. I just don't much care for Rachel and this is part of the reason for that.

Regarding your writing schedule:

As much as we are all eagerly awaiting every chapter, no one in their right mind can complain about how quickly you put out high quality material. It's really rather remarkable.

-aderi

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
Fast tracked med school

I wonder, since some have trouble with the accelerated learning curves in Tefler's universe, do you also have trouble with the students in Star Trek learning quantum mechanics, and spacial navigation?

When I was in high school, we barely learned how to write simple basic computer programs. These days, they learn how to build fully functional websites, and how to maintain them.

Does this comparison make 300 years in the future school more believable now? LOL

Good chapter Tefler :)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago

1. Why did Lynton feel the need to hide her appereance to John specifically when she didn't to the other Admiralty in the invasion fleet or her own crew is quite perplexing.

Answer: She was ordered to by her Progen, or his Matriarch, to give Norwood time to escape. This became obvious when Lynton exclaimed to John he had defected....she was wanting to see his reaction so she could report back to her Progen master.

2. If she is a traitor why not attempt to poison the meeting with the others by not letting them know he was coming or trying to get them to arrest him or destroy him when he came to them by lying that he was hostile or with Norwood.

She was still intigral to the trap being set for the main fleet and is considered despensable by the Progen controlling her. She has to maintain her position long enough for the trap to close...and unless John could figure it out, she has plausable deniability. Also, it may be the Progen does not realize the level of abilities John's girls have to hack comms (not really thralls anymore as they have indipendence). The real question now is: is Sasaki a partner to all this?

3. The serious lack of professionalism from the Admirals is very concerning. I can understand them before John attended but during his meeting with them it became very infuriating. I get them trying to be friendly and dispensing with ranks but after John's revelations they should have got a little more serious rather than sounding like a gaggle of surprised toddlers.

LMAO: You have not been around high ranking officers much. They define the term egomaniacs. Nothing that is not their idea has merit.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tefler:

It would be so fun to read about Meteo watching his little sister in action with the Invictus. Would love to see his eyes bug out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love you guys

I found myself about to get all over defense against some of the nitpickiness. Resisted because the writing defends itself. I have had my own misreads that I could have flared on and ended up glad I resisted the urge to post concerns or watched while others posted and were corrected.

Mostly the "Hey! WTF!" posts are just another way of loving the story. I will tell you a secret. I love seeing how much everybody here gets out of this because I might feel weird loving this story as much as I do without the rest of you tripping along the same as I am.

Call this story wish fulfillment if you want but I just call it a great story. I fly in my dreams anyways and John needs his Paragon armor to do that, so there!

skyink93skyink93over 7 years ago
You have..

A wonderful talent. Thank you for sharing it with us.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Aderi

You said: "I would go further in hypothesizing that all of the chaos in the galaxy has been engineered by John's father as a sort of crucible for testing John's mettle. If I were a member of a race (can you call it a race if there are only a few of them?) of immortal conquerors, I would probably want a way to test a potential heir."

Back when Sparks was being added to the crew, and before they met Jade....thinking chapter 13 page one...we have this information with John's first dream:

"He'd never experienced dreams or nightmares before, sleeping like the dead every night for his 40 long years and always waking completely refreshed. Tonight though, the darkness began to fade, as random thoughts and emotions began to swirl around in his mind; insubstantial, fleeting things, that he tried to hang on to but they were elusive and slipped through his fingers. In the swirling maelstrom of his unconscious mind, an image began to coalesce and he concentrated with all his will to try and discern what it was. It suddenly snapped into sharp focus with shocking clarity.

He stood over a world like a colossal, proud and mighty, as legions of women surrounded him worshipping at his feet. Rather than revelling in their adulation however, he felt jealousy, rage and resentment at unseen figures who might covet his minions. The anger and thirst for power were blinding in their intensity and he felt all consuming hate towards his rivals. He would crush them all and take what they had for his own."

While this may be John's father, it seems unlikely that such a persona would knowingly create a possible challenge to his power. I think it more likely that a Progen who was attacked by this Progen is John's father and wanted his lineage to continue, realizing his defeat was imminent.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Ugh! I thought I'd fixed that!

"He stood over a world like a colossal"

It should have been 'Colossus'...

Incoming chapter 13 edit! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
John's Mom

If Johns mom left to be with his dad because she had no choice does that make her immortal like Johns women. Also do you expect to get to see Irillith's twin? Is she a slave or something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Let's walk and chew gum

I think it's long past time to begin repopulating Lennara.

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
Creyni

Thanks for the vote of support, thought I was being completely ignored by the other High priests of TSM universe :). Teffler is remarkably quiet on this, but then his comments one way or another may well prove a spoiler alert.

Mal

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Creyni

I'd love to discuss this with you, but there's nothing I can really say without giving away huge spoilers! It's always interesting to read everyone's thoughts, and...

Phew!

I was about to say something innocuous, but even discounting some theories is nearly as bad as confirming anything. I'm afraid you'll have to wait to find out what happened with John's dad, Jessica Blake, and everything else...

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
in the meantime...

update?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Editors voted to...

... Wait and give you next chapter as a Christmas cracker.

Trying to squeeze another in during holiday insanity might not work very well.

What all do you readers think? ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Updates

Well, I read a lot of comments about updates, so I did a little research on the submission-list on the date of publishing.

The shortest one is 1 day, the longest is 21 days, but the average 6 days.

So I am not going to be anxious after about 5 days, although I would like my fix on the story sooner than later.

Please give Tefler the time to write a chapter, reread the story, which is 338 pages long now and has an average score of 4.84, although that may vary a bit due to the changing of the scores on the individual chapters; each chapter having about 5.3 pages of length.

The average page has about 4000 words per page on Literotica, but I am not sure about this number. There are no pages with a word-count exceeding this number, but it can also as less then 3600 for the maximum word-count per page.

Not important for this comment, but page 2 of the comments for chapter 62 is still somewhere hidden in limbo.

Herman Grootaers, just to much time available for not-functional fact-finding.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Ozkiwi

You said: A more logical view...is that Johns Dad and another Progenitor went toe to toe 10,000 years ago, and both were so wounded by the efforts that they had to go into deep hibernation to recover. John's mum find Johns dad and awakens him before the other progenitor becomes active, but daddy is still too weak and realise it, so produces John with an off chance that John will defeat the opponent where daddy can't."

I was also going to comment earlier on your submission but got distracted. :-)

I have similar thoughts here. It just fits better than most of the other ideas I have seen. If you are even close you will get cudos from me for sure. I am thinking the Progen causing the trouble is pissed at Terrans, the Ashanath....etc. and is looking to weaken all the local civilizations from within to later move in and enslave them (see earlier quote from Chapter 13). John is the son of a conqured Progen who gave John the opportunity to either enslave or otherwise rally those civilizations to fight the victor Progen.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
nekronom

Your time dilation issue is an interesting one. What are your perspectives on this? I realize the space ships in Tefler's Universe have to be capable of much faster than light relative speed. Which really means they have to fold space-time since the only things that can exceed the speed of light are sub-atomic or quantum particles. This is why I am pushing the concept of an M-Drive for the Invictus (M-Theory being the ancestor of String Theory which would allow for Worm-Hole drives).

Inviting comments here folks.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago

I also recognize that a week of traveling through folded space would be much shorter a passage of time (depending upon the level space is folded) for those not traveling at those speeds. But there is also the issue of comms. Unless those comms are using subspace or are also quantum particle emitters, the comms would be limited by the speed of light as well. Since they aren't, this means the Universe has to be using quantum physics for comms and travel. But the time references between those traveling and those not traveling do not match up for this to be true.

Ever since Star Trek back in the 60's, this has been an ignored issue and, therefore, accepted as a necessary suspension of disbelief...otherwise it makes things too complicated for most readers to follow.

nekronomnekronomover 7 years ago
Re: PussyLickersRus

I just ignore all the effects of our current physical models of our universe which are not in sync with the story, like in Fantasy. This story-universe is just different and I don't try to find a rational explanation. Concerning the M-Theory, I like the elegant way it clears up the infinity problems of all quantum theories by introducing a very small limit to infinite small. But as we know we ha miles to go before we have a stringent mathematical model of our universe based on String Theories.

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
re ozkiwi plrus

You know the thing about talking hypothetical is that we just don't know. We can sit here and speculate about everything but the fact is that we just don't know.

That being said about the communications and space travel. I believe that we will either figure it out or we will meet an alien or their artifacts to get a jump on technology. As for communication we still don't fully understand the atom and all of its smallest parts. We still cannot define dark matter either. There might be a way to send using dark matter.

My two cents worth.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
FTL

It's already been well established in the story that the Invictus is equipped with a tachyon FTL drive, and that the railguns can fire slugs at tachyon speeds as well. Just did a little research into tachyons and it turns out that they are a FTL particle that go faster at lower energy levels. Basically the exact opposite of all our currently known methods of travel, where to go faster, you hit the gas. With tachyons, hitting the gas makes them go slower. Supposedly, tachyon particles cannot go slower than the speed of light because it would theoretically require infinite energy to break that barrier.

Of course, all of this is theoretical because science has yet to prove the existence of tachyons, and also, well, they break time. Theoretically. According to physics, there's a thing called causality, and since tachyons are FTL, they tend to break causality, creating paradoxes along the lines of "what happens if you go back in time and kill your own grandfather?" It's a paradox called "tachyon telephone paradox" where if person A sends a message to person B via tachyon methods, that message would theoretically go back in time. Then if person B replies, again via tachyon methods, that message could go back in time, resulting in person A getting a reply before they had even sent the original message in the first place. There's supposedly a theoretical principle, something about reinterpretation or whatever, that could resolve this paradox, but all this theoretical science is making my head hurt, so I'm gonna stop now.

Personally, I like the Star Wars Expanded Universe method of FTL: hyperspace. Basically, since most matter cannot travel past the speed of light, you don't try to accelerate the matter itself. Instead, you create a bubble of space around the matter, open up a gap in space in front of the bubble, and then have space behind the bubble push it forward to try to fill the gap. In essence, it's not matter that's accelerating but space, the matter's just along for the ride.

By the way, if anyone is still having issues getting to page 2 of the comments on chapter 62, go here (http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1374496) and report it. I've been trying to report this issue for awhile but have yet to get an acknowledgement. Probably if they see a bunch of users encountering the same issue, they'll be less likely to think it's just a one-off problem with a single user.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

Any update on ch 65 tefler ???????

Btw there are no updates on your profile as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Battleships in space

In 1970s Japan an anime series was started featuring a space version of the battleship Yamato, the largest battleship ever. Your concern with vessel size reminds me of this, and I visualize the Yamato in your story rather than starwars-type craft, due to your nautical language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nice just about 1/3rd more to write

so new chapter submitted around Sunday?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
About delaying the chapter

Not for it, really. All of us will be busy during winter holidays as well...so it would coincide with your family days. Additionally, the time between chapters would be the same over the next 3 chapters or so...so what difference would it make?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Grey playmate

Since John's cum mutates women to fit his ideals, what would happen if he continued to unload himself into a non humanoid species, like a grey, would she transform into a busty big eyed babe with shiny grey skin?

What if John's semen is harvested without his consent and used on a non sentient creature like a cat, would that resilt on catgirls?

I'm sure there would be enemies wanting to capture John & explore the full potency of his stuff, perhaps even try to commercialize it as a " get hot tonic"

---

Does Allysa no longer climax with john or is it only when he's doing it with her?

nekronomnekronomover 7 years ago
Sperm is only catalyst

The main function, as explained lately, is as a catalyst to enable John's mental forces to influence the girls. The point is: The acting force is John's mind. To bottle the sperm will bring nothing, without John using it.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
To Tefler's Editors

One: In the beginning, not realizing the full process behind the scenes, I was a bit critical. I was wrong and I apologize. I have realized the huge job you ladies and/or gentlemen, do on your own time, to do your part to provide feedback and technical background to writers here on this site. Cudos to you for that.

Second: I have come to appreciate the special relationship you have with aspiring writers, like Tefler. Must say, I am not jealous of that, but I think that would be an awesome friendship to have.

Third: I have come to recognize some of the nuanced inputs you have within the story, helping to ensure they are consistent, coherent, and grammatically correct as well as assisting with the technical side of authorship.

So thank you for all you do. The authors soak up all the praise....and many forget about the hard work you do. I for one, am thankful.

That is, until you suggest to Tefler that he should delay the release of a chapter....that just ain't riiight!!!! LOL.

I understand everyone needs a Winter Break...spend time with the family and such...but maybe not in the MIddle of a major conflict where on of the main characters has a family member in peril and must be saved? REALLY!!!!!!!????????

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor

I've actually been a bit under the weather recently, so I've not written much over the last week. It's been good to have a bit of a break, and I've been busy crushing the Silicoids under the bootheel of my glorious custom race, the Terran Federation, in a game of "Master of Orion".

I've written about 17k of chapter 65 at the moment, and I'll aim to finish it over the weekend. After that, I plan to get chapter 66 done before Christmas, as I've got some time off, and I'll be off visiting the family etc between then and New year.

Normal service will resume shortly. :-)

Tefler

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tefler:

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Hope that all works out for you. Now I feel bad about mentioning my preferences about waiting for the next chapter.

Being sick is never fun.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful new year.

texanguy1texanguy1over 7 years ago
re Tefler

Take your time Tef. We want you to finish it but we want you to be around to write the next one too. :)

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
greys tech

the engine and powercore from the progainors is likely from a space wreck or crash site that the greys found.

As for the mind fort its likely that baby's and very kids have it but starts to wear thin as they grow older but as john started training on the arts and chi he likely started to reinforce the mind fort

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
Thank you Mr Tefler and...

... we all hope you'll be back in shape

real soon. All the best for the coming

Holidays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Apologies if you've already answered this

But how are the girls not pregnant already? As *active* as they have been, most would be pregnant already.

TektTektover 7 years ago
Birth Control

Initially John waited for the girls to be on birth control. Later Rachel discovered that John has to choose to get them pregnant.

Curiously it poses the question of whether the subconscious mind could make that choice. Considering all that John did before gaining control that is highly likely.

Perhaps Johns father doesn't even know he has a son. Embryo John could have taken over his father's thrall to ensure he was born as a self preservation instinct if his fathers inner self is like a good version of PJ but locked away. .

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt

You said, "Perhaps Johns father doesn't even know he has a son. Embryo John could have taken over his father's thrall to ensure he was born as a self preservation instinct if his fathers inner self is like a good version of PJ but locked away."

I love that idea! It fits a lot of holes we have due to not enough information very nicely with no loose ends!

Duly impressed. Carry on! :-)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
LoL's

"Calara had been raised to show high ranking officers the utmost respect, and she looked shocked at his blatant indifference to the Terran Federation Officer's rank. She stared at him wide-eyed and gasped, "She was a Rear Admiral! You can't speak to her like that!""

John looks at Calara with a wink and a smile and says, "Why not love? You just did!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tekt thought is cool

I love the idea that masters lose their thrall once pregnant. This explain why there are so few progenitors, why John was born on earth, why John's mother left him (no choice, back under control). By freeing his mates, John has made them want to stay with him, but they may choose to be distant from him during the pregnancy due to the will of the baby. This may be a tradeoff, to have a baby a mate must be away from conception to birth. Also, gestation may take more than 9 months. What is really cool is That we find out soon. When John introgates another progenitor's thrall, what happens? This would foreshadow the challenges for a mother caught between master and child. Also, Alyssa is a progenitor, so her child may battle with her in New and unexpected ways. Maybe there are no progenitor women, because they are sterile. The upcoming interogation should tell us more. Bc

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brother where art thou?

If John was created for earth, might he have a brother elsewhere on another Terran planet? May be the progenitor has children just to be amused by their fights? However, John may have broken the rules with Alyssa, an unexpected side effect that the progenitor did not forersee. She kept the evil progenitor John from taking over, ruining the cage match. Women complicate everything.bc

BeardsmithBeardsmithover 7 years ago

Finally caught up again. Definitely enjoying how you are developing the story as well as watching your voice as a writer grow too. Had to reread the whole thing from the beginning again, and it's had me glued to the screen for days. Looking forward to the next installment.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tekt

The more I think about it the more I am falling in disfavor with your idea....no offense.

The reason is because a Progen decides when they impregnate a woman and what sex it is. So John's father knew his mother would be impregnated and that it would be a boy. He also had to allow her to leave...knowing she was pregnant. So: it is highly unlikely she could have gotten away from him in the Astral Plane, much less regular space...even if the infant created a self-protective mind shield.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@PLR knocked and released

The idea is that progenitors don't care about their thrall or kids. They knock them up and release them. She did not escape. She was sent away and told to return after birth. The story needs to give the mother an excuse for abandoning John (like Jade, irillth, sakura). She was under the father's control. Why did he send john/mother away? I like tekt's idea that the father could not control her while pregnant. Another is a battle or other event where dad dies and the thrall are impregnated as a last act of survival (immortal's cloud backup plan). Who knows. Maybe he was just curious to see what would happen. Bc

firezenukesfirezenukesover 7 years ago
This story is awesome.

This story is beautiful. Good character development, great balance between action and dialogue, thoughtful pacing, and good long-arch script planning. Thank you for your gift to us. I am so glad you're still actively writing this. I've been burned a few times here on literotica by authors who never finish their stories. (I.E. Threads: The Island)

I'm looking forward to your next installment as much as I'm looking forward to GOT Season 7 or Rick and Morty Season 3. Thank you Tefler.

bandman2000bandman2000over 7 years ago
Happy One Year Anniversary

I always check on your bio page for updates on the stories and noticed that the Eighteenth of December is coming up soon so allow me to get the ball rolling on saying congratulations on this milestone. The interesting thing I find is that you're in week 52 but on chapter 64 which means your average is going quite well, even with you getting sick you're still ahead of the curve I guess you could say.

Anyways, congrats and enjoy the upcoming holidays and a great big THANK YOU to you Tefler for giving us this wonderful story and keeping us on the edge of our seats every day for a new chapter, plot twist & cliffhanger.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

So you have written 26k words till now

I hope we get to read the chapter soon or are you planning to make this chapter a bigger one like 50k or something tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
MOOR Mod

Anybody else try to figure out how to Mod Master of Orion to populate it with Maliri, Ashanath, and considering that the Orions could be Progenitors?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Tefler:

Happy First Year Anniversary!

When you started this, I know it was just a hobby idea for you. Did you ever dream you would have this many dedicated and passionate followers? Did you even think you would be still writing this series after a year with more to go? Did you ever think you might have patrons who were willing to financially encourage you? And finally, did you ever think the commenters would be so passionate about your story that they would provide helpful and constructive feedback to the level that has been given?

Wow...what a difference a year can make!

<Brings in a green tiger cake with a big wax candle in the shape of the number 1 for you to blow out> And watches as you blow it out several times before you realize it is an automatically re-igniting candle.....LOL

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6800 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES