All Comments on 'Tomorrow'

by Cathleen

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well written, almost thoughtful and free of the

Well written, almmost thoughtful and free of the idiocyncracies many authors fall back on. You could have developed the pattern of behavior that Kit has fallen into - taking married men as lovers - more thoroughly. Certainly in the "real" world such behaviors exist, but usually the person is not sufficiently self-aware to know that she has fallen into one. You might want to consider this as the basis of a new story. It could turn out to be a tremendous, thrilling story in which the heroine tears herself away from her lover, her true lover, and faces the uncertainty of a future without a companion.

One flaw which I think you could easily correct is the use of comma splices and the run-on sentence. In general, do not use commas! They should be used only when your reader will become confused if you do not use one. Here is a comma splice. "She was radiant, he loved her completely." These are two separate sentences. The first should be ended with a period or the comma should be replaced with a conjunction, and, in this case. Commas can be used to indicate a slowdown of the thought process. "Well, he thought, I could buy flowers." They can be used to separate a name in a sentence of direct address. "Kit, will you please stop making that noise?"

The more you write, the better your writing will become, so please keep writing!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous