All Comments on 'Welcome Home'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
a powerful love story

thank you.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very lackluster

Just a maudlin and sickly sentimental tear jerker of an attempt at a story. Not very much of a story other than the pity party.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
LIFE MUST AND WILL GO ON

even while the world spins and some mortals survive TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Very hooky setup and sympathetic characters but ....

the difficulty of 9 months separation was largely glossed over. Any drama was shortcircuted by husband and wife being such unwavering paragons of true love. It's like laptopwriter ( who I've five starred in past ) decided to transpose the classic ' Lives of the Saints ' for Loving Wives. Heathens and threats of martyrdom have their place in pumping up dramatic tension.

It was gutsy to give husband spinal bifada, we all know it must be difficult, but don't know how. A love scene would have definite carnal and mechanical complications that a ambitious writer would have explored. Nope. laptopwriter wasn't feeling it. As a result , I didn't either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
We can safely ignore everything lordsuckpuppy says

Any reader whose writing Gods are RichardGerald, Matt M and Swingerjoe is someone without a shred of credibility. His long-winded, pompous theatrics might be great for children's theatre, though his extensive referral to his thesaurus might irritate even second graders. He has quickly become the Armond White of Literotica. The only question is if he is the worst commentator on loving wives ore the worst on the whole site.

As for this story, it is an attempt on the part of the writer to evoke the same emotions he got with "The last chimes of fall," except this doesn't get there. Three stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Damn

Sometimes love actually wins out.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One word

Perfect.

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Exceptional People

From my experience, about 10% of the population are truly saints. When you find two of them married to each other, it is amazing. They are great people to be around. I hope your friend has such a wife.

gldngolfergldngolferover 7 years ago
Well Done

Damn well done.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 7 years ago
Thanks

Great way to start the new year. Tearful thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You

You are a true artist

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

One that truly has the meaning of loving wives.

cap4451cap4451over 7 years ago
great

Now that is true love. Great writing.

Supdave3535Supdave3535over 7 years ago

LW section needs more stories like this!

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Warm story

But if did seem to have a head and a tail with nothing in between and I like to have something to chew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Job. Loved it.

Most of the stories these days are written about black men dreaming of white women and Cheating women who have gay husbands waiting at home. Total cesspool. Keep writing .

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Packing so much into so little

4* and I'm not even going to complain about the "wrong category"

What a great short story. I especially liked this:

"Nine months ago neither Jim nor Cathleen would have suspected their time apart would actually enrich their lives and bring them closer, but it did-through the power of words. Each and every day, they told each other things they never felt it necessary to say in person, the things that went unsaid before."

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Another outstanding story.

I love reading your stories.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Thanks. That was a really special 5* story,

A great way to end the day with.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Very Nice

Thank you for a wonderful warm story on this cold January day.

Ducky7Ducky7over 7 years ago
Very heart felt love story

Loved it. 5 *

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A real Xmas story...

A real Xmas story...Thank you...5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
beautiful

so simple yet so beautiful. thanks for sharing.

love you brother :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

This one got to me. A welcome change from the cheating stories. A real love story that brings out emotions and remembrances from my past. Been there, not to his extent, but, been there. Thank you.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
Thank you.

Thank you for writing such a story.

It's a nice change of pace from the normal LW stories. A truly loving wife in LW, who'd have thunk it.

5 stars, easily.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
A Five but...

Well written. Pulls the old strings. Pushes the right buttons, but...

I wrote something titled "Too Clever by a Mile' about a hospice for children with leukemia. I finished, looked back, and realized how totally inappropriate it was to put something like that on a site like Literotica. It just wasn't right. My oldest daughter is often my editor, and she was horrified. I've left it up, but am ashamed of it.

There's just something wrong about capitalizing on other peoples' very real suffering. Next time try something different, a comedy.

Jedd Clampett

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 7 years ago
Very nice

Nice to see a happy ending without the drama.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years agoAuthor
@ Jed

Jed, how about all the stories that capitalize on the suffering of a husband whose been betrayed by his wife? All stories capitalize on something. This was written per request from a friend of mine who suffers from the disease and who also reads Literotica. He asked if I'd write a story just for him. He didn't feel I was capitalizing on his suffering and I don't feel that way either.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 7 years ago

thank you for sharing. you are a master of this type of story-telling.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Very nice

Emotional impact, well written, thanks for posting. Randi.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years ago
Didn't do it for me

Your writing is usually pretty good, but not so much for this one. I was looking for a plot and didn't find any. Couple separated for 9 months, wife returns. ??? That was it. If the separation caused ether of them any particular problems, we didn't read about them.

Oh well, can't please everyone.

Chilley

UprightManUprightManover 7 years ago
A beautiful piece of evocative writing!

Nice turnaround on the 'Loving Wives' category title, too.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Cloying

Saccharine dipped in honey and sprinkled with powdered sugar

No meat

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gave It a 4, but

it seemed to belong in Romance.

patilliepatillieover 7 years ago
Why the high scores?

This was terrible, given the heightened expectations i had when I saw the author posted a story. I mean is written in a very basic manner, and has no dramatic tension.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wrong category

Romance

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 7 years ago
Two great characters

What a pleasure to meet Jim and Cathleen. I'd be honored to shake their hands. You tell their story well, honestly and with well-described emotion. The only thing that would have made it better for me was for you to have described some of the trials they went through while they were apart. Not to envision them failing, just to make their ultimate victory sweeter for being dearly won. As for the category: if they're going to call it "loving wives," then they had better expect a truly loving wife to show up from time to time. I, for one, enjoy it when she does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Brings back memories of my deployment during Desert Storm. The four months my wife and I were apart seemed like 20 years. Thanks.

VickieTernVickieTernover 7 years ago
Awwww!

And then again, Awwww!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

It is not much of a story. There's barely anything I would call a plot. It feels more like the first and final scene of a story was mashed together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks 5*

I kept waiting for some tragedy like most stories on this site but, you gave us a true love story and I don't care what catagory its put in - it is a great short story.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Well Done.

Well done indeed!

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomover 6 years ago
5 Stars

I loved it. it brought tears to my eyes. So nice to have a short happy story for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If only a 10 were possible

Of all your stories, I've read every single one on this site, this is the best. PERFECT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

The fact that it belongs in the Romance category doesn't distracted from its heart-felt sentiment and joy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A true love story

You nailed it

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
letter

Good story but what's this 273 days? I thought she was to be gone for 9 months. Did he wait that long before writing that letter?

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Great story adversity defeated again

Keep writing as this and I will keep reading

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 4 years ago
The love letter was pretty lame

I like a sweet short story as much as the next guy, but man, if she got that letter she should have shuddered and started fucking a handsome soldier. Yuck.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
What a treat! 5*****

Such a nice change from the usual "She was away, so she cheated..." story. Thanks for sharing something real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
HomefrontWitness

Get over yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: GeorgeAnderson

You said it best with style and class. Signed: BTW

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Just plain great!

As I read through this short tale I kept waiting for the worst; she gets killed in a military situation or his body gives way to his disease or... But somehow none of that happened and we get the real punch line: that if you communicate all the time your life is so greatly enriched. What a fantastic message to the rest of us!

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

NEVER saw that ending coming! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Already the house echoes with silence . . ."

Had to quit reading at that point.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Awesome Job!

Totally beautiful story!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Nice

Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

Wonderful, made my eyes leak!

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 3 years ago

Ok.

That was beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

A beautiful tale. Almost makes me want to believe in love again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star.

This story started well and the went down hill fast. Chopping and changing times without clear demarcation.

I kept waiting for something to happen. But no. There was a big nothing. A complete void. An absence of any story. Then a hurried and pathetic end.

Disappointing from such a talented writer.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I felt sure that he knew that he was dying and wouldn't be there when she came back, but didn't tell her. The I thought that SHE had died.

\

FWIW, I know it's needed for the story, but I had to suspend disbelief that she was the ONLY nurse that could do this, that she had to leave her disabled husband.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Lovely story, but not to be a category Nazi, but seems more like Romance to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid NAZI103x! Yes it is a beautiful story and your comment is useless and ignorant - why bother? Thank you LTW.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damned why are my eyes leaking. As someone else mentioned I thought it would be him succumbing to his disease or her dieing in some foreign hell hole but it wasn't. IT WAS A TRUE LOVING WIVES STORY.

The strength both of these people had was amazing as was their love for each other.

Thank you for writing a story of true love not of hate.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

I think, maybe, this story has brought home some of our feelings as we depart & return from overseas on any tour of duty. But most especially, without a doubt, most especially when we ship out to a combat theater.. thank you.

W, SFC, US ARMY RETIRED

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not much of a story here

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

Nice story. I was expecting a more dramatic ending, like maybe she would come back a few months pregnant.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

2nd time through. Still a great story.

Sorry the little cuck bitches didnt like it but if it didnt involve a big cock for them to slobber over they cant find any worth in it...ironic isnt it as cuck have no worth themselves.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

I thought it was a wonderful little story of being apart and returned to find and hold onto each others love once again 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a clear example of what so many military people, active duty and reserve, face during their time in service. We know when we raise our hand and take the oath of enlistment that there is a chance that we will be separated from our family and still swear to obey the orders of those above us (even the real assholes).

Don't thank us for out service because there are too many reasons we chose the career we travel. If you get to know one of us just be our friend and support our loved ones when we are ordered to some distant location. For those who served with me so long ago; Welcome Home. We didn't hear those words back then.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Incredible imagery!

This story went my heart and ran away with it.

THANK YOU!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are a heart and soul crusher. That was fantastic. Creative and well told and presented. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heart wrenching story. But seriously since when do UTIs cause testicles to be removed. Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did I miss why an army nurse was treating someone not in the armed forces?

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Late to the party here, but will echo the praise from those who loved this story. And to think- he lost his testicles, therefore she HAD to cheat, right? Nope, here was a woman of character, who really loved her wonderful man. This was absolutely in the right category, the others aren't.

webbtrailwebbtrailover 1 year ago

A most beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Someone asked why Cathleen was treating someone who wasn't in the Armed Forces. The answer is in the early part of the story before the nurse was called to active duty. Many Reservist are called up to go to the front lines and she was one.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

A story of true love, she really was a loving wife, the only one in literotica, the others are all bitches, for which there should a different category, something like 'Cheating Whore's'. 5* for restoring my faith in human nature.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Very good. Thanks for your writing.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

You made me cry with this romantic tale.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ6 months ago

Sweetest story in LW

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It was far better than my own experience of marriage.

Quite romantic and poetic despite the heart rending and searing pain. How blessedly gratifying.

newford9bnewford9b6 months ago

Got to be one of the best stories on this site , from one of the best authors

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Now there, in one short, concise story is the essence of true love.

It's almost a miracle, but is what every union, every partnership should be.

It doesn't matter the circumstances of life. It should be that the one sees the other for who they truly are... the person inside. With that one gift, the worst storms can be weathered like a summer shower.

It's funny. In a real way, Jim's handicap is no handicap at all. It allowed him to show the mettle of which he is made, and allowed him to find that one true soul who was just as special, and worthy of sharing their combined life. Someone just as special as he.

This site is full of narcissistic characters. It's funny, but all of them are handicapped by the 'normal' trappings of life. By taking things for granted, they forget what's really important and discard their own honour, debasing themselves in the search for greater gratification or just outright selfishness. To all of them, these characters, and even their real-life counterparts, the lesson from this story would simply be wasted on the lot of them.

If this is true to your real-life James, then he has about the richest, most blessed life that I could imagine, and I'm jealous.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

makes a person proud to ne human .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous