All Comments on 'The Forest of Ecstasy'

by thegreat_pretender

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
TwilekloverTwilekloverover 7 years ago
Good start!

This is an intriguing start and I am very curious to see where your story goes from here. Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Incomplete

There is nothing worse that a half baked story. Finish it or don't waste my time!

thegreat_pretenderthegreat_pretenderover 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback

I'm glad the story has taken off! The only reason I released the prologue on its own is because I've never written for Literotica before, and this first chapter was sort of a test to see what my capabilities are. I already have Chapters 1-4 written, and they should go up once the editor finishes. Thanks!

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Plot disconnects

You start by going on about all previous crews disappearing then throw this line in:

"The rest of the crew was more used to space missions, and expected this to be a quick and easy job."

What crew would head into a situation where all previous crews have disappeared and expect a quick and easy job. In fact the plot would seem to call for all members to be armed and prepared for danger! And the rest of the story/plot should follow that vein.

Also you shouldn't submit less than a couple of pages if you have that much written. Short little pieces like this don't fair well as one reader has already told you. Too little to rate!

thegreat_pretenderthegreat_pretenderover 7 years agoAuthor
New Plans

I thank you all for your very constructive thoughts and kind reviews! After thinking for a bit, I have decided that since I have Chapters 1-4, I will be combining them all into one and posting it as Part 1, and then when the next 4 chapters are done I will post that as Part 2. That way, we can really get into the story and I can gauge if it is succeeding or not. I'm going to be working on editing them so that they transition smoothly into one piece, and you can expect Part 1 to be released very soon! Thank you all again for your comments, I feel that I have been welcomed very kindly into the Literotica community :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Make the awayteam smart and their opponents crafty, and not dumb and dumber

Hi. Just a couple of thoughts. It's hard to believe that Venus has been found to harbor forest and sentient life and they apparently have captured or killed 2 complete teams, but none of the field personnel know about it or are told about it, so they too can be completely ill prepared apparently because those in charge feel its not walking into an ambush that gets you killed, but its the fore knowledge that's fatal. Please make the people reasonably smart, and their opponents crafty rather than the away team dumb. Bad SyFi generally is written like that. An example is "Prometheus", where the team member tries to "pet" the space alien, which of course, does not go well. If you need some ideas, check out "Savage Shore" by RipperFish, or "A God Called Bruce" by TaleMaster. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I like it

Really creative and well-written. Your protagonist was really likable, and I think that's the most difficult thing to find in stories. My favorite part was seeing how all the crew gets to interact. This is a really fun and imaginative read. I hope you post more so I can find out what they see in the pool! Thanks for posting

GigglingGoblinGigglingGoblinabout 7 years ago
This Should Be Interesting!

I'm very flattered by the acknowledgement! I think you've got a promising cast here, and I like the idea of this world. As a brief non-writing point of advice, use spaces when writing tags for a story. You also don't need to worry about "fantasy", "supernatural" and "science fiction"—it's implied by the genre you chose. Then again, there's not much to tag a prologue with anyways, so no harm, no foul.

Best of luck! Oh, and let me know if you ever want any help with proofreading, though I do tend to work slow. :P

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
PLEASE make this story

can you make a story like The Reckoning but focus in the invasion like the alien came to earth and began the sercet invasion but enslave the men adn change the girl and the story be slowly and sexy by describe the stpry detail by detail in slow story and plans but focusing on the invasion and the mc IS THE alien girl and the thing get slowly like seducing one by one

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 6 years ago

Great beginning. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userthegreat_pretender@thegreat_pretender
86 Followers
My stories are inspired by: GigglingGoblin, Yshomatsu, bobsamade, XXXecil, jayaurysmut, GayTripper and manyeyedhydra.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES