All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 067'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments
AnonymousLuciferAnonymousLuciferover 7 years ago
Amazing Chapter Once again Tefler

Just One question. Is Engineering Bay on Deck Seven? you mentioned in paragraph that engineering bay on deck four.

Dana had entered the red anti-gravity field, dropping down to Deck Four, and they all followed after her, as she led them to her workshop. It had been a while since John had been in the Engineering Bay, and a previously empty area of the huge room was now dominated by a hexagonal-shaped object

Amazing chapter and Thank You

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: lucifer

Ah, nicely spotted! Yes, Engineering is on Deck Seven. I'll correct that with an edited version.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the chapter! :-)

Tefler

thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
I think

What happened with that was he decided where he wanted to move the server to later on 4 and just ended up with the mix up. OK Tefler your writing is still growing in leaps and bounds. And wow didn't even progress a day snice the last chapter ended. Just a couple hours lol. Can't wait for them to get back to the March. It's gonna be interesting if the traitor is still there or if she flead as soon as she knew John lived. Because if she was smart enough she know John would warn the admirals and have them head back to the March. But then John may end up beating them there still. So this be fun😀

adultlink210adultlink210over 7 years ago
The Fade

Another wonderful chapter. I can't help but be reminded of the Fade from Dragon Age when they Astral Project. The Leviathan they have faced again sounds like the true enemy. The Progenitors seem more like bored scientists than evil overlords. I wonder if the other Progenitors had to deal with this Lovecraftian horror. I also wonder if Illriths astral projection ability is compatible, could Faye be brought in as another ally to fight, combining magic and technology, as the fights against nexus were strikingly similar. Last thought, is the Leviathan sentient? Maybe it can communicate. Maybe its not evil, but simply sees another Progenitor and as they may be evil, decides to kill first think later.

Great chapter a Tefler. I'll be joining Patreon now, if just for access to pick your brain for ideas into my own storytelling.

Mostly for no more waiting for moderators. Cheers.

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
adultlink plus

Is the spirit bogey evil? You hypothesize that it sees a Progen assumes evil, and goes for the kill... In the early chapters, it just watched. Then around the time Alyssa came into power, they added about the 3rd or 4th girl, (I don't remember specifically) "it" didn't seem to like what/how it saw John was doing things, and attacked. (bad sentence, but you'll figure it out.) Then Athena appeared (well, stopped lurking) and protected everyone. Interesting thought on if it is sentient and they might be able to talk to it, instead of fighting it.

Tefler, you mentioned adding more stuff after editing? Di Patreon get the added already? Or we need to read again to find them? (yes we'll probably read it again any way lol)

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Additional content during editing

I added some additional scenes after discussions with my editors, which is why this chapter took longer to edit than normal. if you read it on Patreon, then the additional scenes were already added there:

1) a new intro to the chapter (the mikaboshi scene)

2) a debrief after the rescue from the mine

3) the progenitor language translation

4) irillith reviewing the data in cyber space

And lots of other little bits added throughout the chapter.

Tefler

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Like Heroin...

I SOoooo 'needed' another fix of TSM, and this chapter fit the bill perfectly! :-)

When dining out at restaurants, I'm the type of customer that wait staff both love and hate, I'm sure. I'm that sort that when done dining and awaiting the check I wait for the normal "was everything ok?"/"How was your meal?" sort of question, to which I will usually respond with something like: "completely awful! The drinks were cold, and the food was hot and very tasty. Disgusting!" [deadpan look - for just a beat while they try and determine if I'm serious - then I smile happily]. They relax and understand that I'm teasing them and usually ask a follow-up "so everything was ok?" to which my usual answer (unless there is something specific to complain about) is "it was all just great." Then I tip decently - at a minimum.

In the spirit of that interaction, Tefler, this chapter was all just garbage! :-)

Now, I'll give you an hour or two to post the next one. heh.

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
Thanks Tefler

Didn't need the run down on specifics, just wanted to know if I NEEDED to read it again to get it all LOL. Great stuff. Keep it coming. :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Longest day in Three_Square_Meals universe

It started in chapter 65 and it ended in chapter 67. Lot of things happened in one day from Irillith interaction to psychic battle with creature. Great story tefler

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Oh, and...

I felt justified with the tone of my previous comment by your chapter description: "Gently settling in the newest member of the crew." As if suddenly exposing his entire harem (of Astral Plane virgins) to a hostile Astral Plane Cuthulu-esque Behemouth was a thing done "gently" in any manner, shape or form...

Sid0604Sid0604over 7 years ago
Another Great Chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. This is very easily worth 5 stars.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: GrandPam and the title

I wondered if people pay much attention to the titles. Yeah, that was about as far from gentle as they could get! Poor Sakura. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WoW

Epic keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome work from italian fan.

Amazing readiness of introducing new elements for further develoment of the saga, so long the story have prosecuted. I barely belive you havent vrote before. Also I think you vrote incredibly fast despite the many readers never happy of must wait the next chapter. I'm a 50+ y.o. italian fan of s.f. and rarely I've read before a so long, elaborate and captivating story. As you can suppose trying read my comment ain't the best judge of your grammar, but form me is pretty fine. Thank you.

rockytop2krockytop2kover 7 years ago
Amazing!!

TSM is definitely the equivalent of a drug. Withdrawals while anxiously awaiting a new chapter...a high when the new chapter can be consumed and an immediate longing for the next installment when the new chapter is consumed. It's amazing how you can keep this saga fresh and exciting! This is a journey I do not want to see end for a long time. Thank you for sharing your creation and may it continue to grow!

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
hmmm good one

Not the ch i was thinking was coming but good any way

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
ideas to fighting a dragon

Now they meet a dragon 100+ foot long how do you get ready for the next one ?

If i was john i get Dana to invent a exo suit to fight it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow just freaking WOW

Incredible story so far, hell you could cut out half the sex and it would still be great (but don't do that :-) )

Tom

hpinghpingover 7 years ago
Armour

Well, this was a 'nice' way for team-building for the crew.

However, I thought that Dana had everyone equipped with two sets of Paragon-armour, based on previous chapters, dropping the old Phalanx-armour as obsolete due to the use of crystal-alyssium for the pantser-plating of a suit.

To hear about a Phalanx-suit now in action makes my mind wonder.

Well, the title described the chapter described the action well, but not in a way I was assuming. I wonder if anyone got a good rest after this after this nightmare.

I wonder what goes on in the mind of John and Company about what to do with Faye, Sakura, Yamamote, the master assassin, Athena, the Maliri, the Terran Federation, the Kintark and the Ashanti.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Armour

Ah, well spotted! Yes, that was an error, they were using Paragon Armour. I'll submit an edited version to fix it.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A "battle suit" for Faye

Just an idea to throw out. would it be possible for Dana to mate one of the

"boys" with the hacking deck and the left over parts of Shinatobe/ This would make an amazing platform for Faye to use as a battle suit. similar to her use of the Fighter.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
Bravo

Spectacular work as always Tef. It's amazing how you continue to pump out such engrossing, quality work so quickly, and I hope you don't stop any time soon. From the Unity Files, to Faye's gift, the orgy, and the dream battle, I just could not stop reading. This might be one of your best chapters yet, and that's saying something considering how good all the rest are. I look forward to the next chapter and seeing what happens when they arrive in the Dragon March.

The scene for Faye's gift was amazing. I couldn't help but think of the Archon from StarCraft during her boot-up sequence. You did that on purpose, didn't you? Good job!

I do have to wonder though, how are they powering her new server considering that they're pretty much at their power cap already? I imagine the new hardware uses quite a lot of juice, not as much as the major ship systems, i.e. weapons, shields, engines, etc., but certainly more than everything else in Dana's workshop. Or did she give it its own built-in, dedicated power core? I know it's mentioned that it has backup power supplies, but those typically (at least in the real world) are temporary sources of power, lasting only long enough in the event of loss of main power to ensure that the server is shutdown safely without data loss.

Interesting thing though. Dana is supposedly using Progenitor tech for Faye's new server, and yet she didn't seem to have the same issues of booting it up as Mael'nerak did. We saw in the Unity videos that when he first powered up Nexus' server, it took awhile for power to even get to the thing, let alone have it boot up. I mean, come on, what kind of inefficient electrically conductive material is the guy using if the cables start to glow as power slowly creeps down them? It's like the guy is using rubber tubing rather than actual electrical cabling. When Dana booted up Faye's server, it powered on fairly quick, with no glowing cables.

The battle on the Astral Plane. Now that was a piece of work. I imagine the ward didn't work quite as intended, did it? Although it didn't keep them from being pulled onto the Astral Plane against their will, it did keep them from being pulled in deeper, forcing the beast to come to them instead. It did do a decent job of protecting them until the monster started to dig under it. I wonder if Irillith is going to wake up to find her leg injured?

As a wise man once said, "There's always a bigger fish," and I imagine this monstrosity is no different, with something even bigger and meaner lurking in the wings. It was mentioned in earlier chapters that this creature has been plaguing John's dreams because it's drawn to his rising power, so I liken it to a wild predator drawn to a campfire in search of food. And now that its prey has proven capable of fighting back, it's going to think twice about coming back. Hm...that just gave rise to an idea on the reason why the beast is attacking John, but that thesis will have to wait for a bit while I iron it out.

So yeah, anyways, this creature is probably not the big bad, top dog predator of the Astral Plane. There's probably something even more powerful out there that hadn't bothered to take note of John before because he wasn't powerful enough. However, now that Alyssa has set off a nuke in comparison to the aforementioned campfire, one of four things is going to happen: a) absolutely nothing, the beast will return for another round either the next night, or the next time John adds a girl, b) everything on the Astral Plane has been scared off and John will never have another nightmare again, c) they chased off the current predator, but got the attention of something even more powerful, which is now keenly interested in them, or d) they got the attention of everything on the Astral Plane, including the big bad.

Only time, and Tefler, will tell. Looking forward to the next installment.

P.S. Is John going to do something special for the girls in chapter 69, like say, sixty-nine them? I don't quite recall the last time John went down on the girls, so it'd be a shame to miss such a perfect opportunity at word play.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
GrandPaM

You said: "I felt justified with the tone of my previous comment by your chapter description: "Gently settling in the newest member of the crew." As if suddenly exposing his entire harem (of Astral Plane virgins) to a hostile Astral Plane Cuthulu-esque Behemouth was a thing done "gently" in any manner, shape or form..."

Everything John and the girls did intentionally or had control over was gentle when it came to Sakura. And he had no idea the creation of the 'ward' would pull in the other members of the crew. Remember, he is working mostly off of instinct...not intimate understanding. John even attempted to prevent the meeting with the astral plane leviathan. Just because he knew it was coming for him and Athena doesn't mean he was not gentle with Sakura in all he did and had control over.

Personally, I like the double entendre', misdirection, and pithy humor in the title. That took a bit of devious thought. A side of Tefler I had noticed before...though more subtle.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
I hope everyone picked up

On John's glowing eyes...we know what that means. And, he can now read Progen symbolic text....and he can now project ethereal power to Alyssa.

Those are MAJOR developments.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Adultlink

You asked: "is the Leviathan sentient? Maybe it can communicate. Maybe its not evil, but simply sees another Progenitor and as they may be evil, decides to kill first think later."

Methinks you need to go back and re-read the initial interactions with the Leviathan. It gloried in John's killings...pointing them out to him. It was not repulsed until it saw John's good side......AND it is the astral manifestation of another Progen...it has legions of thralls whom it consumes without heed to their lives.

hpinghpingover 7 years ago
@PussyLickerRus

Well, I did notice that John is now capable of linking directly to his harem, which in the past he had suppressed.

The fact that he is going to do a make-over for Dana and the others, maybe except Alyssa, is his way of working: a team of specialists working together to get a task done. He is the alpha team-member, but all others are independent capable to take action when and if necessary. That gives him a huge advantage during battle.

I think that the master-assassin will be "pleasantly" surprised when John and Company will walk into the trap he has laid... Thinking of Yamamoto and Sakura as second-line and the rest just behind them, about 30 yards under cloaking mantles and in Paragon-2 armour (12-folded crystal-allysium by John and Alyssa and fireproof due to Progenitor-materials by Dana) armed with mobile beam-lasers and crystal-alyssium blades...

Yes, I do like destruction on a maximum scale, because that will also be a major development for heavier weapons on the Raptor and Invictus.

By the way, the master-assassin does not know where Sakura (aka Sinatobe) is. Good sign; it means that there is a way for Irilith to locate his base once the brain-computer is dissected. Trouble is that the contents of the memory must be saved for juridical steps. Killing someone in cold blood is on most of the (civilized) planets not done, unless you can prove why he had to be killed. That he is a total cyborg will do him no good. Once he is taken out of action, he will be brought into the Invictus for final research, inquiries and judgment.

Herman Grootaers

OzkiwiOzkiwiover 7 years ago
Problems

Tef

My only problem with this is you can't write as fast as I want to read :{ 5* as always ;)

Mal

adultlink210adultlink210over 7 years ago
Leviathan

Yeah my memories not what it used to be, those early chapters were so long ago it feels like. After rereading it, I still wonder what its purpose is. Too much unknown. On the topic of Faye, I started thinking more. If she could be brought along by illrith into the actual astral plane, could she bring Athena into the CyberAstral plane? Either of those things would be really cool, and bringing Athena maybe they could download her. Just a thought, Id like to see her not have to merge if we can help it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another good read

Excellent as always. One thing you might want to keep an eye on Dana. She dissed you during this chapter. Maybe turn her over your knee. Oh wait she'd like that. I know keep her out of her shop for a day or two. That would teach her to behave.

Good Job

Ed Parachini

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Programming Progenitor Style

*she didn't seem to have the same issues of booting it up as Mael'nerak did. We saw in the Unity videos that when he first powered up Nexus' server, it took awhile for power to even get to the thing, let alone have it boot up. I mean, come on, what kind of inefficient electrically conductive material is the guy using if the cables start to glow as power slowly creeps down them?*

That was not Power tirning on. It was Psychic imprint I think. That was a psychic programming session.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a bit much on the romance for me

During the orgy it got a bit much on romance for me IMO.

As for Faye, was expecting to see an android creation, something with more physical presence... can she interact with John at the training room? it is design to give force feedback after all.

Sakura, now that John can direct hi energy more consciously is it possible to perform the transformation faster/with less doses? with a growing harem some will be "deprived" for long duration.

Unity files, not to belittle but that was all? some cloning experiments? for over 20,000 years??

Still waiting for Dana to build some sort of (remote controlled by Faye?) tanks to solve their firepower issues

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great chapter once again, possibly my new favorite!

And poor Sakura indeed! It was amusing to realize halfway through the chapter what the title implied, when her understanding of the world was being turned upside down. And her day certainly didn't get better by the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great chapter

Already want another one!!

Keep doing what you do best

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm waaaiiittttiinnngggg

Hurry and give me more please

Paps

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 68 update

I've finished part 1, and I'll put it up on my site in a few minutes!

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
@Tefler

Wait...whaaaat?!? Seriously, you're posting part 1 of chapter 68, unedited, to Patreon on the same day this chapter appeared on Lit? I sure hope this isn't a sign of the end times, because it sure seems that way.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
@Tefler

Oh, snap! You did! Well, partially edited, but still awesome. There goes the next hour or two of my day.

thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
My guess

Is that because 67 was sitting in moderation hell. He had a good start by the time it finally popped up lol.

firezenukesfirezenukesover 7 years ago
You've got skills.

Awesome story. You truly are a.wonderful writer. If you chose to publish this or other stories you could come up with, I'd buy the books eagerly. Thank you for the new chapter. I checked for it 15 times since Ch. 66 was published. (I know you haven't explored the taboo, but here's to hoping for a racy scene between Irrilith and her mother or sister ;-D )

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback everyone

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the chapter. The Cthulhu-esque scenes are always entertaining for me to write, simply because of all the words I don't normally get to use!

Re: Anon on too much romance. Sorry about that, but building up their relationships makes them all stronger, and sometimes a loving word goes a bit further than an epic climax!

Re: The unity files: Before Nexus kicked her out of his system, Irillith grabbed any files that referenced the Mael'nerak. As the Progenitor says in the footage: "You are to be called Nexus, and I created you to assist me with my experiments". You saw the highlights of those experiments.

Re: firezenukes (great name btw!) Thanks for the kind words, and I do intend to publish this series when it's finished. With regard to Irillith and her mother and/or sister, I'm sure those will be fun conversations to write if that ever comes up again... They've hinted at it before, so who knows? ;-)

On the other plot discussions: I'd love to get involved with those, but it's too hard to avoid spoilers.

Tefler

thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
I have a feeling

I have a feeling that her sister is gonna be joining the crew as kinda a historical research expert protaining to the progenitor's granted they have learned some she may not know but couple that with all she knows and they may get a greater understanding of the race and maybe where his mother disappeared too. After their trip back to the March I believe it's back to malari space or rescue sister first than back to malari space. Should be interesting I almost wonder if the schematics for the shields are lock in Dana's head. Sukura I think is going through the change but part of it is trying to force her to remember how to be a assassin so she can distance her self from the emotions of killing. It may trouble her till she comes to grips but my guess is Alyssa has already figured some of this out and is just keeping quiet. Irrith think maybe finding her girlfriend in Faye which kinda makes sense until they can give her a real body. I'M guessing she may be ending up a little jelous of the others that I feel Alyssa needs to at least tell irrith so maybe she can make Faye feel better.

1handslapping1handslappingover 7 years ago
I don't know

about this idea of making Athena a separate person. It's part of Alyssa that she doesn't have access to yet, if its taken away it may take part of her abilities with it. So If it was my choice it would be a roue I wouldn't follow. Once the two halves are combined though, that could be the thing that opens up telepathic links with the Milari half of the female family for her. (If Johns mental excursions in the latest chapter haven't done that already)

I'm still thinking that Fayes eventual body needs to be flesh and blood, rather than a box of circuitry

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Is chapter preview looking good?

I am not on Patreon -yet- so tease me please. Come on PLRus, I know you want to tell us it is awesome which we pretty much all expect anyways.

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
1hands

The guides i been thinking that as the person learns the new skills it takes away from the guide or it merge a bit until nothing left but this is just my guess

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
side story?

I'm hoping for a side story for the grant guy on the run having some good luck but lots of bad stuff too ;)

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
fun thing to add to ship

How about adding a clothing factory just a small one to ship for fun dress up stuff and of course new clothes for people they save oh also a room to store outsized cloths/new cloths with a logo on them ?

hpinghpingover 7 years ago
Maliri matriarchs

In this story Mael'Nerak chooses Valada to be his matriarch.

So who are the following matriarchs? Daughters or granddaughters of Valada? Can the matriarchs of the Maliri houses be very distantly related to Valada, which can explain the power-struggle between the matriarchs? Just in-fighting to determine who is the "alpha-bitch" of the pack then can be an explanation of the pure hatred they show now in their relations. John will have to do his best with each matriarch to get them working together against the threats from the other races.

I think the Kintark will be surprised when John in the Invictus comes with all the battefleets of the Maliri to join the Terran Federation battlefleets or just start to invade the Kintark homeplanet.

Also the person with the Kintark emperor is that Mael'nerak or is it someone who found a cache of Progenitor science (maybe Tashana?) who was forced to give it to a (Terran?) person (who may be named Hades?) which is wanted or exiled or fled from Terran space to the Unclaimed Waste for crimes he did commit or as a result of percieved unjust done upon him he wishes to avenge (power denied?? popularity problems?? John's half-brother??).

BTW, Tefler what is the correct spelling of Mael'nerak name: Mael'Nerak or Mael'nerak? I noticed this in the sentence "Mael'Nerak raised a hand for Nexus to wait,..." (page 4).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Maliri Tech Sales

as for Fayes fate have you given thought to having an orgy in the Cyber astral plane and take all the Girls with You so that You can complete the Feeling of the Bonding Process with Faye and the girls. then maybe Dana could build her a body with artificial / synthetic skin with neuro inputs that will enable Faye to feel.

If you do a book afterwards please fill in some of the Small gaps in the chapters as this will make others want to buy it just to see what changes you made to the story.

and I also hope that the story up to now is but book One of 40. please take this story to a level that will not leave us wondering what if.

thanks

Wiserman4u

andyaandyaover 7 years ago
tech sales ?, another idea

As john will upgrading ftl and core he could sell the grays tech to miliri as well as the air tech upgrade and the knowhow to make zipped armour and frames without the armour mat's ?

Another idea as they now have a progen server just think how they can upgrade ships sub-systems like sensors and other items with extra servers?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Faye

You have such a great imagination I was thinking how you could integrate with Alyssa's psychic double so that Faye could possibly take a physical form?

I'm not a writer As You Are but I think you could possibly form some idea that would go along those lines !

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
Re: Anon - Chapter Preview Tease

I'm not one for spoilers, but since you asked, I'll just say two words and leave it to you to puzzle out: Mon Calamari.

There, that's the tease. Now go become a patron!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome

I love it. This was an awesome surprised. And 10 pages wow thank you so much.

Draco9881Draco9881over 7 years ago
Faye, Matriarchs and Power Upgrares

Now that Faye has more computing power at her disposal thanks to the new equipment It seems to me to be time to be giving her a tangible presence.

Alyssa forges a strong, light weight skeleton from Crystal Alyssium. Dana then fits a power core in the chest cavity and t stuff needed to "animate" the body. I am thinking artificial muscles that work essentially the same as natural muscles. Sensors would be embedded in them that would send a "pain" signal if the muscle was damaged.

The skin covering would contain pressure and temperature sensors Skin includes throat, tongue and, the internal parts of the mouth, genital area and anus. Artificial saliva would be needed for blow jobs, pussy lubrication and possibly anal lubrication would also have to be catered for. I think a fairly basic computer should be included to provide reflex reactions. Then there is another refinement that I have mentioned before, a psychic radio to be developed by Dana from knowledge gained from the damaged psychic shaper. There are probably several other things that would need to be addressed that I have overlooked/

It would have been understandable if John had been unable to add Edraele as a second matriarch but now that that has happened, given that he is becoming able to direct the changes he makes, I can see no real barrier preventing him turning all the Maliri Clan Matriarchs into Progenitor Matriarchs. It seems to me to be one of those cases where the dictum "Two is impossible" is true.

With the power upgrades that the Invictus is getting it seems to me that primary distribution will also need upgrading and the way to go is high temperature superconductors. If The TF is not already using them then there are three ways that I can envisage of getting them. Firstly, the info is in the progenitor data currently locked away in Dana's subconscious and will be released along with the other tech. Secondly, Dana develops the tech from the progenitor periodic table and thirdly, they stumble across a derelict from an unknown alien race that gives Dana the required data.

For you, Tefler: A big thank you for the story and a big "BOO" for not letting go once you had grabbed me. I found at about 10 pm yesterday that the chapter had been posted and thought I would read three or four lit pages before turning in. How wrong I was! When I finally emerged from your universe I had read the whole chapter and it was 3 am.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 7 years ago
Random thought, a little too late...

I would never suggest you restructure your excellent saga, but instead of switching perspectives multiple times in a chapter, could various chapters be told completely from different girl's point of view? Different parts of the tale could even be repeated, but from different girl's perspective to contrast their personalities and specialities.

Never mind, now that I've written it out, I don't like the idea.

I can imagine saying unmissable, but I've never seen the word before. But I'm just a country boy.

Please keep rollin' on!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Demonic Possession

So is that thing some type of demon that.possesses progenitors?

If it considers them a type of vassal then they are either demons or victims of its corrupting influences .

That makes John either a reformed demon or an escaped slave.

I am assuming he was meant to be a slave.

I don't think the creature is mindless, just very singleminded and unprepared to doubt itself. It must be much older than Progenitors. It probably was not hurt that much, but more than it would have wanted. Insult more than injury seems likely. I think the retreat will be to come back a hundred times worse. It has much worse to show them.

I hope the crew find a way to to become a hundred times more powerful in response.

Just think of what an epic orgy that wpuld be!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
All good and great ending...except origin of humans

Your imagination and storytelling are great but I think you need to be a little more thoughtful when approaching current scientific knowledge. While many groups of modern humans have a small percentage of Neanderthal or denosovian DNA, this is due to interbreeding that came after Homo sapiens became established.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Origin of humans

"While many groups of modern humans have a small percentage of Neanderthal or denosovian DNA, this is due to interbreeding that came after Homo sapiens became established."

I know. ;-) This version seemed more fun though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I want to says thanks to all of the people who comment...

Tef's tale is so thoroughly enjoyable to read, and when the latest installment is finished, it's on to the comments, for me.

As a long time student/observer of humans, (an undergraduate homework assignment in a Biomechanics class based on observing people's walking gaits in a nerby mall got me hooked in the '70's), I find it very interesting, and a bit awe inspiring, at times, at the varying and amazing perspectives people draw from Tef's work.

I frequently shake my head in wonder, at how the human mind works so differently, in different people.

As an example of my wonderment, I've read, literally, hundreds of Sci Fi/Fantasy novels and have NEVER had the same types of thoughts, insights, predictions or alternative plot branches about the stories I read, as I see in the TSM comments.

It makes reading TSM even more enjoyable when I know such amazing, (and uncommon), comments are waiting at the end of a chapter. There is only one other writer, and story I've found on Lit where the comments are similar. What makes it humorous, as well, is I see several of the same commenters contributing there, as well.

So, thanks to all who take the time to share their thoughts.

Oh, yeah, great job, as usual, Tef!

GeoD

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
To Anon

Is chapter preview looking good?

What Jedi said. :-)

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: GeoD

You're welcome!

I really enjoy reading through the all the feedback too, and it's been great to see such a positive response! I haven't been replying much recently, as I've been busy writing chapter 68.

I've written just over 5k of part 2 at the moment, and its been going well. Battle scenes always take longer to write, as they're much more complex to structure and keep interesting. Hopefully you'll all enjoy what's coming!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
oh man.!!!!

You are so mean. But i love the to be continued.

hpinghpingover 7 years ago
Battle, oh boy

What a tease Tefler, what a tease...

Now it is waiting time for more major mayhem and destruction, who against who and for what reason, and what is the role of the Invictus and/or Raptor. Showtime for Calara and Faye

Can the hacking-device of Irilith not be copied/extended into the Raptor so that Faye does not have that lag while she is controlling/flying it? She is now really "multitasking" as in the human perspective...

Herman Grootaers

thalt992000thalt992000about 7 years ago
Grrr

You tease us with knowledge of a battle grrr. that one of the areas you keep improving on TEF. only forces we know of in the area they are heading is the other traitor and the rest of the returning fleet. So this may not be as one sided because trying to keep their weapons secret from the rest of the tfed. I doubt the other progenitor upgraded a tfed ship so my guess is she a thrall/spy for him. This she be good though I doubt she is gonna make it easy but she will either be captured and left in John's care or she will be killed.

Terra_LupisTerra_Lupisabout 7 years ago
Re:Faye

While everyone is optimistic about an electronic shell for Faye to utilise what I am suggesting is what could be best described as a Sombra style human body. It wouldn't be hard for Irillith, Rachel and Dana to create the body. Rachel for the blueprint and mold of the body, Dana for the creation of the required elements as well as hybrid cybernetics so that Faye could still access the Cyber World when she needs to and finally Irillith to make sure that all circuitry/nervous system works like it should. There would still obviously be teething problems but once they are out of the way, you then have another playmate for John and the girls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
tension filled!

just finished reading this chap .. on another site. hope my vote is counted here.

5!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Amazing

I think you could really make some money turning this into a book. even without the sex scenes you could sell a lot of copies just with the story alone. Your story is extremely well written and many science fiction lovers would love to buy and read a story like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I don't know how you do it but it gets even better every chapter. Can hardly wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Interbreeding Neanderthals

Um...

You guys are good but it gets better.

Research was puzzling because the the other ancestor seems to some like it should be a superior human. They had larger brain pans,and more durable skeletal stucture that would resist several human failings. They would have been much more resistant to bad backs for example. Their musculature was subtly different and more pronounced. They would have been stronger pound for pound by as much as double.

Neanderthals were used as a basis but then they also interbred afterwards.

We would be diluted and partly degenerate versions of "God's" design.

That is how I read it anyways.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanabout 7 years ago
Sensor readings

Tef, I just had a thought regarding how sensors work. Apparently, a ship can go pretty much unnoticed on passive sensors if it is powered down and hiding among some rocks or other debris, but lights up like a beacon when powered up. And if I recall correctly, a long time back, Vice Admiral Charles was able to tell that the Invictus had a new power core by the sensor readings. So here's the thing...wouldn't sensor readings of the Invictus show that they have the power equivalent of a battleship, and thus might cause some confusion as the sensors say "hey, you've got a battleship coming at you at crazy fast speeds" while people looking at the ship say "no, that's a cruiser"? Or would it be more like the sensors detect the hull of the ship, and use that to determine classification rather than the power readings, which again would cause some confusion as people are like "wait, how's a cruiser got the same power rating of a battleship?"

I'd imagine anyone paying attention to the power readings from sensor scans of the Invictus would pause a moment as they try to puzzle out the mystery of where all that power is coming from and what it could mean.

Or all this could be wrong or make absolutely no sense since it's late in my day and I'm a bit loopy-tired. Hopefully you get where I'm going with this train of thought, Tef.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stygian abomination?

What clue is this buried in the tags?

nekronomnekronomabout 7 years ago
Stygian abomination

Sounds like Howard Phillips L. Nice!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Power signatures on sensors

cause some confusion as the sensors say "hey, you've got a battleship coming at you at crazy fast speeds" while people looking at the ship say "no, that's a cruiser"?

It does not work that way. They normally use cruiser power levels so they look like a cruiser.

I can look at a lightbulb and guess it is 100 watts. I can not tell it is a bulb on a 100 amp breaker or that it is running on 480volts just by looking at it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Harris reading of their Power Core

That smacks of fishing. It was an educated guess based on After Action Reports.

If they are achieving battleship results at least because they probably are underestimating Calara's effectiveness and allowing for missed shots that never happened, the Invictus is powering battleship level damage.

Another alternative is active scans as they approach the dockyards.

Another alternative is that it is monitoring while they are docked and other sensors like the docks power management bus controllers. Ships often plug in when they dockyard and take their power units offline for safety reasons. In a friendly port the power computers would talk to each other. The sensor might be a computer that asked how much power are you rated? Ship told rhe dockyard 750 Terawatts momentary power and 5 Terawatts sustained.

Dockyard computer flagged that as strange and needing dockyard engineering approval outside of battleship berths.

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
jedi sensor readings

Jedi 2 things

1 powercore wont be running at 100% unless in battle firing novas not sure it at 100% even then

2 if normal sonsors can scan a 5 hour travel in hype wrap than john will be on they sensors for a few minutes at most travelling at 6 times as fast so they sensors wont be able to get much the tag beacon on ship will tell poeple ship info

So only ships on the same journey that left before john would really see anything of note and all that will be is they speed to know more you would need a active scan and that must be done with john ship at near stop and that wont tell would output the core is unless its in battle and he john is using the novas you still wont know and he does you wont need scans to know its a badass system

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
hmmm speed ?

Ok here is my thinking

normal terran ftl 3 day trip 72 hours

john ftl is × 3 terran same trip 24 hours

john ftl will be × 6 same trip couple of minutes

most of that will be getting to speed more than anything else

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
anon harris reading

If i were Tfed then i would have teams to collect data storage from battle lost ships to see what happened if figth and get anyother info if possible

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Warp Speed

There is no acceleration.

You bend space and it acts like a hydraulic piston to push your bubble along. You set the amount of warp and you are immediately travelling at the rate desired.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bonus Points

Why would Ashanath be quite reasonable in having amazing Antigrav systems if they also have the best FTL drives?

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Andya

You said:

normal terran ftl 3 day trip 72 hours

john ftl is × 3 terran same trip 24 hours

john ftl will be × 6 same trip couple of minutes

x6 speed for a three day trip would be 72 hours divided by 6 or 12 hours.

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
plrus

Hmm i think your got it wrong

if x 3 takes 48 hours off travel

so x6 will take 96 hours off

going by your 72 ÷ 6 = 12

easy maths

72 ÷ 3 = 24 so ftl 1 = 24 × 6 = 144

and not

X6 = 12 24 36 48 60 72

i believe thats the math of it

so using your math it should have taken 2 days not 1 day

unless ftl goes slower as you speed it up ?

Tef sorry if messing up your story

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Actually:

Hmm i think your got it wrong

"if x 3 takes 48 hours off travel

so x6 will take 96 hours off "

Not accurate, actually: that would be a geometric progression instead of an arithmetic. All factors of increase are constant and arithmetic....hence they are a factor or constant RATE of change...not a constant value of change...your doubling of the hours off constitutes an error of the order of operations.

"going by your 72 ÷ 6 = 12

easy maths

72 ÷ 3 = 24 so ftl 1 = 24 × 6 = 144"

Actually, since 6 = 2 x 3 the 6x is only twice the increase of 3x. You are right that three times faster is 1 day or 24 hours. But half of 24 is 12 (the decrease in time is the inverse of the increase in speed) so 12 x 6 is 72. You are right, however that in one 24 hour day the invictus would travel 6 times as far as a terran ship, or 144 units, rather than the standard 24 units of travel per day.

"and not

X6 = 12 24 36 48 60 72"

See above. Sorry to disagree....but I do have some background in the subject (30+ years in the field).

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
To clarify before I am attacked:

Hmm i think your got it wrong

"if x 3 takes 48 hours off travel

so x6 will take 96 hours off "

Not accurate, actually: that would be a geometric progression instead of an arithmetic. All factors of increase are constant and arithmetic....hence they are a factor or constant RATE of change...not a constant value of change...your doubling of the hours off constitutes an error of the order of operations.

When I wrote this I was refering to the 48 + 48 constant value incorrectly applied. Twice as fast does not take off twice the hours off. If that were so, one would eventually increase speed to the point one would arrive before leaving (the time paradoxes we have spoken of before).

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
plrus

As i only had cse lvl 3 in maths in late 70's i wont go further on that

as for the time going backwards i did not like that idea but i do like getting there within a few minutes instead of days and if they can still go faster i prefer go further in the same time(i.e. 3 day trip in a few minutes then 6 days trip in same few minutes )

if you get my drift

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
andya

Oh I do! If you go back and read some of my past posts I have been pushing for the development of the singularity drive we saw when the crew went after the pirate lord and saved Jade. That would allow the Invictus to travel instantaneously anywhere they wished.

OzkiwiOzkiwiabout 7 years ago
@ PLRU

You state "If that were so, one would eventually increase speed to the point one would arrive before leaving (the time paradoxes we have spoken of before)."

This is exactly the paradox of going FTL, and Eienstien's General Theory of Relativity

Mal

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
plrus

No need to reread your post!

going ftl min effort is that you be able to see in the past

all other guesses are unproven at the moment even if the maths prove it

if you count down from 10 on one hand you get 6 then add 5 on other hand answer is 11 unless you have more/less normal 10 digit's(i lost 1 so answer is either 10 or 12 depending on which hand i count down on)

so math can be wrong if you dont do it right

so unless someone actually does it all things are theory/guess work

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
Im a bit dubious about the

singularity drive giving instant movement. it would remove the chance for the crew to interact with each other. Travel time is important for the story.

And a crystal Alyisium skeleton for Fayes body sounds interesting. It's something manipulable by John so is seemingly a possibility

Draco9881Draco9881about 7 years ago
@ 1handslapping also thoughts on the FTL drive.

Your travel time objection is easily overcome if we posit that it will take several hours to calculate the wormhole parameters and then create it. There is also still a place for their present FTL drive because I do not think that would want to hang around after a battle waiting for the wormhole to be ready. Also I suspect that they wound also want to keep it secret from the TF and so would want to be out of sensor range when using it.

With respect to the present FTL drive, imagine a searchlight on Earth aimed at the celestial equator and a space ship at a distance from Earth such that a circle of that radius would have e circumference of 24 light years. If we now imagine the space ship traveling along that circle keeping in the illuminated spot it would have to have a speed of I light year per hour. Next we have the beam creating a warp that will carry anything below a given mass along with it, the mass limit being dependant on the warp intensity. I feel that it is not too big a stretch of the imagination to suppose that this warp will be immune to the relativistic space-time effects and thus things caught up in it would also be immune. If we now move the warp generator onto the space ship we get a FTL drive that has no relativistic distortion.. Mass carried by the warp is a function of the power used to create the warp and propagation speed dependant on the method of creation.

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
I'd wonder

if a long time for calculation fit for FTL jumping with Alyssa's instant navigation ability.

Draco9881Draco9881about 7 years ago
1handslapping

The singularity drive is a whole new ball game compared to the present FTL drive and I think that the calculations would be more complex. Also If you re-read my last post you will see that I also suggested that there would be a delay while the wormhole was created. A three to four hour delay in conjunction with normal FTL travel to a suitable jump point would provide the time for an orgy.

ms904191ms904191about 7 years ago

Any update on ch68 ???????

I hope we get to read it soon

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 68 update

I've written another 11k to go along with my 11k preview, so I'm making good progress on Chapter 68. It'll probably be about 30k in size, which would make it around the same as the last chapter in length (10 literotica pages).

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Warp drives and Fold drives

A warp drive by nature has none of the relativity time distortions that would be part of a rocket ride upto light speed.

You are inside a bubble of space time that is space normal equivalent or sidereal. The ship's bubble moves like a wave through space and that distorting curvature of space itself seems to have no speed limit. It can form instantly and it collapses instantly. The warp drive itself would have a power limit. The spatial offset of the distortion takes energy and determines how fast the bubble will push through space. It is self cancelling so that the ship never physically moves. You just move where here is until here gets to there.

The wormhole drive does something different. You kick space real hard until it collapses into a fold that touches a distant point in space. You step across because for a moment or so the distortion puts here and there side by side. It may not be as hard as you think and tiny momentary folds might happen all the time spontaneously as part of the surface tension of space. To enlarge and keep a distortion aka wormhole stable for even a fraction of a second at a useful size might also be impossible.

In theory a wormhole drive could fold to anywhere and anytime so you are talking multiverses and time travel paradox. Solving for now to now or to soon travel might be a special solution that works and travel to the past might breakdown into chaos with no information transmitted, meaning you come out the other side as a blast of random energy or you bounce.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Mal

You state "If that were so, one would eventually increase speed to the point one would arrive before leaving (the time paradoxes we have spoken of before)."

This is exactly the paradox of going FTL, and Eienstien's General Theory of Relativity

The paradox we were talking about dealt with relativistic speeds, which Tefler's universe, along with all other sci-fi, just ignores. What I was refering to above was linear time...you cannot double and double and double speed in a non-theory of relativity universe and be able to subtract the time to destination beyond the time you initiated the trip.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
To all of you pining to see the first half of 68

Tefler kindly posted a freebee on patreon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Link

https://www.patreon.com/user/posts?u=3814558

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Sheesh

And not a single thanks for the heads-up. :-)

Chuckles as everyone runs to get their fix.

andyaandyaabout 7 years ago
plrus

No freebee if you have not paid before

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Patience

Tefler seems to appreciate people chipping in tips through Patreon but he is offering the chapters for free. Just waiting for the finished chapters here on Literotica is what got you all interested and it I have seen every indication you will be unable to enjoy it here through the final chapter.

Purchase of the ebook when the story is finished and redrafted will be welcomed just as much.

Frankly my wife manages the credit card bills so I will just avoid having the whole discussion with her about the recurring charges for Patreon. She can get unreasonably sensitive and she is not enlightened regarding erotica. To her it would be porn and mean she was not good enough for me and she would cry. Chipping in a few bucks a chapter has too much added cost for me.

But the story is pure gold.

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 68 status

I'm making good strides on it (27k so far!). It'll be finished by the weekend, then a few days for editing, etc, etc.

Regarding Patreon: Since I've started using that site, I'm fully aware that people are now paying me for my efforts. As a result, I write more, at a faster rate, and spend longer proof reading and editing.

Readers here benefit from all that, so there's no need to feel any resentment towards Patrons. :-)

Tefler

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6795 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES