All Comments on 'Rob Gets Even'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGover 7 years ago
Well done

JPB,one of the best ones I've read here in LW in awhile. Thanks.

Five *

dreamer3366dreamer3366over 7 years ago
Loved it

Nice to read a good romance story where the man/women gets payback but does it with dignity. Well done!

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
I like it

He did to her what she did to him, and he did it without screwing over her husband who never did anything to him.

dmhackdmhackover 7 years ago
Meh

A guy gets burned in high school but then goes on to meet the love of his life and later become CEO of a company... this guy, the full grown adult, still has his panties in a knot over what some teenage girl did to him?

Not buying it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
pizz poor ending, you need and editor to clean up the spelling errors

2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Glad to see another JPB story,

Even if it wasn't up to your usual standard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Just like every one of your other stories, poorly edited and a piss poor ending after a long build up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Welcome back Bob

Always like your stories, please keep them coming. Just mentioned you to another author the other day as being one of the best BTB authors here (along with Stangstar).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ending?

You call that an ending? Well I guess maybe you do since it is like so many of your others

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHY WHY

Why another no sex B.T.B. story.Its been done to death here.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
This is one of JPB's stories that I liked...

This is one of JPB's stories that I liked... Maybe his payback wish last too long, even if he had been happy with another woman. But we have to accept that his payback was as simple as her youth action had been. He didn't harm anyone, just her self esteem...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story!

Glad to see a story from you again. Hope you keep writing them.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Makes it look so easy

The narrative wended and wound up, down and around never breaking a sweat. My favorite part was main character lake swimming out to distant life raft, right after wrenching teenage breakup , clambering aboard to relax and look up at the stars. It didn't matter what path the story took after that. Five stars were bagged and tagged for just that moment. Awesome.

Full marks * * * * *

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69over 7 years ago
Good but sad story...

Enjoyed it very much. Very sad, I wish they had kids, at least something but a business. Hug those you love, and never forget that tomorrow is promised to no one.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69over 7 years ago
Oh, I forgot...

You need some reviews for typos. Some should have been caught by spell check so don't forget that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
nice twist

i am a huge fan of JPB and his body of work. my only criticism is that there isn't more.

this keeps true to his moral compass (sometimes quirky) though he doesn't have sex with enough women. he normally screws more than one in a story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Edits

I agree that this is badly in need of editing.

Except that it would have hurt her husband, it might have been a neat twist to send her husband to the hotel room and have her try to explain why she was there!

likeboblikebobover 7 years ago

Great to see that you are writing again, thanks.

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

Good story, another vintage JPB, moves along at a rapid pace with some witty dialog thrown in. I do think it ended a bit abruptly, as another few paragraphs about what might have transpired in the Spence Norman household that evening could have been interesting. Who knows, maybe Spence put her up to it knowing a few things about their past.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
It had all the beats

that I expect in a JPB story (but then again, I don't drink a Coke expecting it to taste like a Fresca).

A bit meandering but what can I say? I like his style and his storytelling technique. Like me, he doesn't waste much time discussing clouds, tediously exhausting wallowing in emotion (though that is a refreshing change from time to time) and ridiculously drawn out sex scenes with every lick of a clitoris painstakingly detailed.

In, out and done.

To paraphrase a quote I heard attributed to Lincoln: A story should be long enough to cover the material, but short enough to be interesting.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
5 stars from me

Bit of a fairytale, but it was enjoyable. The high school geek growing up to land a woman out of his league physically and financially aren't really in the realm of realism, but it is still a nice feel good plot. Women have their stories in which the captain of the football team gets tired of dating hot cheerleaders and decides to go with the dumpy, nearsighted nerd because she has a personality. So why not like this story?

My favorite part of this story was the end. To me, this was the best type of revenge. You don't get revenge by stooping to the oppressor's level and turning them into the victim. No, you get revenge by showing them that you are a better person than they are. This type lasts much longer, and teaches a better lesson.

When I was a freshman in college, my roommate and I got into a disagreement over a girl. We both wanted her, and made asses of ourselves to sabotage the other. In the end, she thought both of us were immature assholes. That led to the altercation that had us at odds with each other.

One morning, he didn't hear his alarm clock go off. I knew that he would be late to class (we both had the same class), and that he would miss an important test. I smiled to myself as I quietly walked out. Two weeks later, the exact same thing happened to me. Only this time, he was gracious enough to wake me up.

Do you know what was going through my mind as I looked at him? I was thinking about what a petty, shitty person I was and how I was thankful that he was BETTER THAN ME. To this day, I always remember that.

Great story. Nice to see this author back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic JPB Tale

LW has been dry as the Sahara this Winter where good stories are concerned. This one was fantastic. Nice ending!

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Nice to have you back !

Its always great to see JPB's name on a new post , it doesn't happen nearly enough anymore , IMHO .

As others have said , I've always appreciated your style of storytelling . Straight forward to a fault , other newer writers would do themselves a favor to emulate it.

My only quibble with this story , no Pauline French ! lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Need some payback and there's none. -2

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

The payback perfectly fit the 'crime'. She was a callous, self-centered bitch in high school. He is now a CEO responsible for many people's lives. Keeping the best man for the VP job is a no brainier. Making him torture his wife is petty. Making her realize that she is a whore is perfect. One of your best efforts JPB! Thanks.

mike9698mike9698over 7 years ago
Okay story

The problem is his revenge. There wasn't any. What he should've done is simple. He should've had her followed when she left her job early by a private investigator. Then sent the video of her leaving work early and going to a hotel room to her husband. Let her husband know that she was a slut. What would she be able I say to her husband. That she was set up. Maybe he believes her maybe not. It still would've been hell for her.

Also, for those thinking she didn't deserve this. She was a cheater in high school and she is willing to cheat now. Fuck her.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
It's Good

To see a return of the most prolific writer on lit return. I enjoyed your typically good JPB story...Is this a second coming?

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Delightful Tale

JPB always delivers a well paced story. Just sometimes he decides to enter areas where I am uncomfortable, but this one was perfect. Thanks!

DavidWYoungDavidWYoungover 7 years ago
I looked at the screen and said WHAT!

He doesn't write anymore, WooHoo! Great story. Thanks.

'

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Nancy's moral quandry

Looking at this story form Nancy's POV...she did have a bit of a moral quandary on her hands.

Let's assume for the moment that she was NOT just another trailer trash slut.

In her youth (where she was certainly exploring the trailer park side of morality a bit, to say the least), she greatly offended someone whom she should not have been hurting emotionally - just to get her own ends met.

Years pass, she ages and grows in wisdom. She meets and marries her dream guy, and what befalls? Lo and behold, but the same guy whom she wronged those many years ago turns out to be the man in charge of her husband's company. Now her husband, and by direct extension her own, fates - at least in job/income-security/etc. areas - rests in the hands of the man she wronged, and based upon his behavior towards her in public, he holds a grudge.

This causes some degree of stress and strife in her marriage, as both she and her husband read the situation as "this is all her fault". How can she remedy it? She really has few choices: 1) put up with the status quo and cope with the stress (and wherever it may lead them) 2) try to find a proactive means of dealing with the problem. Well, what options does a woman have in a situation like that to be proactive? She can offer herself, sexually, as payment for past sins. That's the first (and probably worst) option. However, she could also do another thing. Apologize. Give her past abuse victim the affirmation from her that he should have received long ago. To try and balance the scales, she should have tried to make the first effort at that apology privately, but to also offer to him to make the apology again as publicly as HE would be comfortable with. To let him determine what, if any penance she should serve.

So, when the moral choice was put to her in this situation, what did she choose? Her choice reveals her true thinking. So, when you call her a slut, now you can understand WHY you're right. You can also see how better communications could have resolved the problem very differently.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 7 years ago
What a load of CRAP.

JPB, I've liked your stories. Even the ones I didn't like, I could appreciate your effort, this asshat you wrote comes across like a little bitch. Sweet fuck, HE chased her for two years and then let her actions rule him for the next decade. I've read of rape victims who didn't whine or let their rapist control them the way a high school girl controlled his. Fuck, even the Mormon girl who was kidnapped is better adjusted than this fuck face you've written.

As well, I don't care if he is the boss, who the fuck does he think he is to dance with my wife? Maybe the little bitch would like to dance with me? Maybe we'll do our own two step? Because if that lecherous cock sucker thinks he can seduce my wife, she wold kick him in the crotch so hard, his nuts would be around his ears.

As for inheriting the fortune, I would more easily believe he won the fucking lottery! In any case, absent the inheritance, he didn't earn or work for anything, he was a fucking leech that deserves a serious ass fucking.

likeboblikebobover 7 years ago

I would have preferred it if Rob

told Nancy's husband where his wife was and why.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
:-/

Cmon JPB, I miss the old cuck stories that made you the outstanding writer you are. If i wanted a romance/happy ending i would read a harlequin novel. Im still a fan nonetheless....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great

Glad to read another JPB story.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The death of his wife

I often like the brevity of your stories and I liked this one very much. The downside of that approach was the way your protagonist seemed to react to the death of his wife and her father. I realize you wanted to move the story along quickly but there should have been a paragraph or two describing his grief over the loss of a woman he apparently loved very much. It left the reader with the impression that her death was a minor inconvenience rather than a devastating loss. That being said...I liked it. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pathetic, meandering and in need of editing

Enough said. *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good un

as opposed to one of the critics I am pleased to see non cuck stories

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of...

... your best, and you have a quite a few good ones.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Sad and funny.

Really loved the end!

RhomanovRhomanovover 7 years ago
*****

Nice touch. 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm really thinking Just Plain Bob is a group moniker and not just one writer.

The style changes but more importantly the grammar and punctuation changes. It's things such as this.

<P>

----------------------

<P>

Midway through the party Nancy was again waiting for me when I came out of the bathroom. Before she could say anything I said:

<P>

"We have to stop meeting like this Nance. It could cause talk."

<P>

----------------------

<P>

It would be very odd that the person who wrote so many stories would suddenly forget that there is no sentence/paragraph break between the dialogue and the attributing narrative nor that the parts are separated by a comma not a colon.

<P>

----------------------

<P>

Midway through the party Nancy was again waiting for me when I came out of the bathroom. Before she could say anything I said, "We have to stop meeting like this Nance. It could cause talk."

<P>

This is either a repost of an older story from when JPB was learning how to write or it was written by someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This one was a long time coming , a great story you wrote

At least we got a real good one from the most written writter on this site. Hope to see another sooner than later. Thank you for being you.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
5 star

Fine ending for Rob. Go JPB !!

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
DAMNED IF YOU DONT WORSER" IF YOU DO;;;;;;;;

dilemnas, choices, rules and integrity, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Agree with the poster that this is not the old JPB. The style is like an homage more than an original.

Just Plain BobJust Plain Bobover 7 years agoAuthor
Something o look forward to.

For those of you that didn't like this one you are going to hate the next two or three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm happy as hell

that there are going to be more! JPB, thanks for many, many hours of reading entertainment. cageytee

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Welcome back

Welcome back.

grriz1grriz1over 7 years ago
I like your style

The ending wasn't quite what I was expecting but it worked well for the story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 7 years ago
How Mature

So his idea of running a company is to screw up the marriage of one of his employees in order to take revenge on a teenage girlfriend. I doubt that's what they teach at Harvard Business School.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great for Your Return

So good to see you submitting again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lacking

Bob, I have had you on my favorites list and read all your stuff. But something was missing here and the story tended to wander. You are one of the best writers in this forum but this one lacked your style that I have come to respect over the years. Like your mind was someplace else when you wrote this. I say this to be constructive as even on your worst day, your command of the written word beats anything I could do.

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
Welcome back...

I have read nearly all your stories. You have an excellent writing style. You have got to be one of the best writers on this site. I'm glad to see you posting again.

stinger82stinger82over 7 years ago
Welcome back!

I've missed your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great to see you back

Hey twentyseven Hillary baby this is Literotica not Harvard Business school...... get over it......... she was a lair a cheat duplicitous and a manipulative bitch. She lost at the final post. Rob was none of those he led her on to think he was going to lay himself open to her manipulation but as in many of JPB's stories dignity and morality were the winners.

From the first meeting at the party she still treated him like shit and she not Rob allowed it to fuck her marriage over due to her guilt.

Not as polished as before JPB but I still gave it 5 stars

ambnomadambnomadover 7 years ago
Nive to see s good story here

Seems like a lot of the new authors are into unreal relationships and wife swapping etc. They think if they write smut it's a good loving wife story. But their is nothing loving about the wives in their stories. Same with a lot of those commenting as well. All they want is porn and crappy writing as long as they can get their porn fix. It's gotten so I don't even read the stories any more but keep looking fo stories by the old reliable GOOD WRITERS. It was nice to see someone still writes good stories.

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
I loved it but...

You killed Judith!

Why'd you kill her Bob? Judith and her dad could have groomed Rob for a top spot on the board. He still could have controlled Spencer's promotions. Then when the fateful hotel liaison resulted in that call from Nancy Rob could have really crushed her.

I can hear Rob now, "Nancy I'm not and have never been like you. I could never set aside my vows. I love my wife too much. But not to worry because Spence was to get the promotion anyway, and he got in spite of you."

I really came to like Judith and you killed her. Imagine at the retirement banquet where they name Spence. Nancy's in tears, but are they tears of joy or guilt? Judith is smiling happily. Rob's smiling too, he knows.

Not to worry though Bob. This story is still a five, but I'm just not like you. I could never kill one of my loving heroines, and I fell for Judith in a big way!

And any of your next stories will most certainly be fives. A story from you, as Knickie would say, "Is like a Hallmark."

Jedd Clampett

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I like the way he handled it

What you don't do or say can often have the most impact. He got his point across, didn't compromise himself or the company, and left her to wonder about her past and present behaviour. Touché'.

bworth1943bworth1943over 7 years ago
fantasy guy

I agree with Carvohi, Judith didn't need to die to make the story work. In fact the connection with Nance could have been shared with Judy, with there own relationship getting stronger. not sadder.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherover 7 years ago
Could have been better

I've always liked your stories but this ended kind of weak. I agree with the others that his wife didn't have to die to make the rest of the story work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Bob is back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too bad!

Too bad you turned him into a cum sucking queer in the first sex scene. That's when I stopped reading. 1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
More Thoughts

@GrandPaM – I like your idea that she revealed her true self by offering herself instead of an apology.

@likebob – I thought of something similar, but that would just hurt her husband.

@carvohi – I like it! Even if Judith was in charge, he could have been Exec. VP or something, still putting him in charge of Nancy’s husband’s job.

Speaking of Judith, he was certainly willing, but technically, given her superior position, her coming on to him is classic sexual harassment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Enjoyable, the characters all showed the true inner morals. He was angry for along time but dealt with it in a mostly reasonable way. He was a loyal companion and seems to be a fair boss. His dead wife was a very sweet aggressive happy go lucky woman and would have like a little background about him after his wife and father in laws death. Nancys hubby was just in an uncomfortable spot knowing his wife abused his now boss for a couple of years while she was dating another guy. They were young but it showed her for who she was and young or not that was really a low fucked up thing to do. Everyone knowing except him than him hearing it . Lastly Nancy was a manipulative bitch as a teenager and as it would seem a pig slut as a married woman. She was gonna fuck him , then he wanted more and she agreed. Lucky for her husband he has morals but I would of gave hubby his promotion but had him go to the hotel to see what his wife was going to do. She was pimping herself out .like a hooker. That's not helping her out her husband , that's making him look like a fool. Hubby should've asked to have his promotion held up caught her and filed for divorce. If she can just fuck a guy to further her hubbys career than what else is she capable of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To (Too Bad)

If you really did stop reading the story at that point, you missed a pretty good story for a pretty dumb reason. If you have ever been eating pussy a couple days or so after you dumped a load in it, you have been a cum eater also your just not aware of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story But

Good story but too many typo's. Could be a great story if you did not condense it so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please Oh PLEEEZE (!!!!!!)

Don't be teasing us with the prospect of more BoB!

When I saw your name attached to a new story here, I said "OH SHIT!" so loud (I had headphones in, and was listening to music) that my wife had to come in from the other room to ask me what was wrong!

I really thought you had hung up the writing hat, and was just here lurking under the name HarryInVa commenting on other's stories.

HAH! That is a joke of course......

But seriously, I am looking forward to more.

Despite more typos than usual, I really like the twist here in (let's call it) a DIFFERENT type of revenge. I gave you full marks, well earned by your elder statesman status around here. I am not just being empty in the praise here because I was so happy to see your return to this forum. I really thought this story worked well on many of the various levels. I suppose you already know what you did good, or was lacking by now. But what is sure for any reader, the combination of those STILL somehow seems to work. Making a story WORK, that is the skillset that many of our newer contributors seem to fall short on. And even if this is a half attempt at polishing up something that you wrote long ago, we all must agree that there is simply still no substitute for experience.

Thanks again, Bob,

So awesome to have you back!

g912493g912493over 7 years ago
Your Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPB, I was glad when I saw a new story from you. You took a new twist to an uncomfortable situation.

I'm just wondering about the lack of editing, misspelled words, missing or wrong words, grammatical errors, just isn't the JPB whose stories I have read for years.

I'm going just chalk it up to being rusty and needing an editor after your sabbatical.

Welcome back and Please keep'm coming....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of Your Best!

I have to say that I loved this story!!! Though, I was disappointed in him loosing this faithful, loving wife in a plane accident along with her father. He gets his revenge in a way that makes the point without being a total bastard about it. She knows what a deceptive slut she still is without compromising himself. I thought for a minute that he was going to take up her offer. Good keeping me holding on the line....

By the way, you need to get a proof reader. There are lots of duplicated words in some of the sentences. Still a very good story, if not perfectly written English...

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 7 years ago
Good story & the pay back WAS Classy BUT...

it was high school.

Time to move on already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Slips & dips

Hey JPB, just a comment on the slips within the story and i must add one of your best. Though the slips made reading a bit off! regards RR101

sugnasugnaover 7 years ago
Character

Character lasts a lifetime. Time doesn't matter. Nancy was a shitty person. Rob should have seen that he was lucky not to be with her. For fun, he should have had Spenser meet Nancy at the hotel room. Then given him the promotion.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 7 years ago
The guy just never grew out of his teenage years

I'm surprised he could run a company, given his mind and being were frozen in high school days.

He painted for a picture of his late wife and late father in law to be impeccable, hard working, trustworthy, GROWN UP people. And the wife... wasn't she supposed to be an extraordinarily beautiful woman and wife, for over 6 years... But now that Nance, from high school days, turned up again, all he could do was lie in his big bed a night wondering what it'd be like to fuck her... or what it WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKED to fuck her back in high school, when she was leading him on, blah, blah, blah?

What a fuckin' idiot, this guy was..

That much, Nance was right about him.

On Nance, on the other hand.... as some others have said... she's really a shitty person. Blaming her shitty, deceitful, cheating personality on her teenage years wasn't going to make her a better, trustworthy person now. And it showed.

Too bad her husband, all told a very able worker and rising star in the company, was now going to be a casualty of these two idiotic teenagers...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty Good

Pretty good story. 5 stars in today's market.

Maybe "even" with Nancy, but lost ground as a boss since he purposely infringed on valued employee Spencer's peace of mind (even if not his career) through comments to his wife. Better to keep it arms length.

Ironically, the one thing Spence -- some one Rob does like and value -- needs to know is his wife is a manipulator and slut for the right price. Yet there is no easy way for Rob to share that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
TOUCHED A NERVE

Much deeper to actually lose the love of his life than to just have some asshole take over the sex duties for you. That hurt.

But I agree, having Spence meet Nancy at the hotel would have been the perfect way to end the story. To see how she would have handled seeing her husband show up instead of the man she was going to whore herself out to could have seen the story go a couple of different ways and could have let us know whether she was doing it for misguided love for husband or whether she was just a money grabbing, status seeking whore.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Good Read Bob****

Glad to see your name on a story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
rob gets even

When where and how?

Certainly not in this story.

Someone somewhere gave me the impression you might not always go full out btb, but you at least balanced the scales.

So far-20 plus stories-you are more the moreau ukresearcher gerald mattblack etc kind of guy

But hey, you can string words together, your efforts are free except for expenditure of my time

That cost being exorbitant I will waste no more time and caution others about being spendthrifts when it comes to your efforts

Though I imagine lordslammydoo is enthralled-

So take heart

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Nice to see you back on Lit.

To the previous annon you're a fkn idiot.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago
Like the ending,,,

Good story Bob, surprising number of grammatical or typos for an otherwise well written story. I liked the way you ended the story...though Rob caused Nancy some discomfort his real revenge was showing that he was the "bigger man" so to speak.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Stolid man

Always liked your stories. Glad to see you still doing them- I guess Rob got a measure of revenge, but if her husband knew about his wife's "sacrifice" he would perhaps have enjoyed it more. The fact that he left her there made her feel like shit, it was a more subtle revenge. Probably better after all. She was right, though: the stupid selfish things people do in HS shouldn't really be held against them. I was dumped in high school and I went to my 25th reunion, where I saw her again (a middle aged frumpy woman, not the woman of my dreams). Having no shyness any more, I came up to her and said, "Grace, you broke my heart in high school". She responded, "I'm sorry, I was just a silly immature girl back then, and I didn't really know what I wanted". That was an acceptable answer.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

Great tale. It was sad that our hero lost his wife. I'm glad that he didn't screw around with the possible cheating cunt wife of his underling. I just wish he would have showed him she was ready to cheat. Didn't take away from the tale, however.

Five Stars

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
At last Bob returns

A good story with a great conclusion.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

Great story and told well. Sorry about the loss of the wife though, sad. Hope he can find someone new that can fill the hole in his hart. As far as Nancy goes. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice Story, Nice Concept

I think I would have liked the ending better if Rob had somehow manipulated Spenser into dumping Nancy before he was promoted to Vice President. It just would have served the bitch right. Oh well, maybe I'm too much of a vindictive SOB. NOT!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story. Good ending. The lead character got revenge without turning into an asshole. Very very good.

Good story Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice!

To the point to get his revenge he didn't have to stoop down and become an asshole. Yes he did play mind games with them but it was mostly directed towards her. I liked the twist good writing.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

good story but i don't see where he got even with nancy

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THE NEW FASHIONED "MIND FUCK"

or how to get pay-back vicariously. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Truth

Spenser should have been told what his wife was prepared to do and that he was promoted on ability,but what did he think about his wife's faithfulness.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Here's something you don't see often in a LW story, especially when written by JPB...

An actually, loving wife!

Seriously, like the rest of you, I bet, I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop when it comes to Judy, so I could laughed at Rob's stupid face for hooking up so fast with this broad... When, the laughs are on me, 'cause that girl was really head over heels for that guy, and seemed to have been truly, 100% committed to their relationship.

That little fact is, however, the biggest problem with this problem.

I never been in a relationship where a girlfriend died, so I can't imagine ever losing like that a woman that makes me say things like "(we) fit each other like a hand in a glove", "our love life could only be called fantastic" or "it killed me to be apart from her even if it was only for a day or two"... But, if such a tragedy ever happened to me, I'm hopefully react WAY LESS CALLOUSLY then Rob did here. Seriously, mofo pretty much went like "She was the best thing that ever happened to me, ever... but then she died, and I got all of her money. So yeah... BUT WAIT TIL YOU SEE HOW I GOT EVEN WITH NANCY!!!" Sure, sure - he pretty much didn't the bare minimum to mindfuck his ex, and it's not as if the bitch didn't deserved it, but the way the tale was presented to us still make him look like a heartless tool.

I don't know, Bob... you couldn't have muster the effort to write your character as I don't know, a normal human being who spend some time grieving the lost of his wife? Not asking much here..

Anyway, it was a pretty good story. Except for that.

Rage632Rage632about 6 years ago
Too sad

Would have been better if he hadn't lost Judy. Sometimes people should get a really happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Spell checker doesn't catch everything

You need to read your work to catch the many cases where spell check left a typo that is actually a word that distracts the reader from the story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nope that ending didn't work for me

He obviously didn't get over it. Not after all those years had passed. Maybe if he had found some way to let Spence know what his wife was offering the Boss, THAT would have been enough to let him get over it. But since, after all those years, he HASN'T gotten over it, why would we expect that he would get over it in the future? What's going to change? He needs to find another woman and move on and not worry about the past. And he sure as hell better not be going to any High School Class Reunions!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story. Terrible Ending.

Rob is scum. He got control of a company he did not earn. He used the power of his position to get a teenager's revenge on something that happened in high school. He deserves to live a lonesome life.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

I completely understand the concept of a long memory. Great revenge without bloodshed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'd've had HER

rent the room in her name

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anonymous 1/22/19 is an idiot!

Must be a diehard Trump supporter who believes that Trump is a genius, lol! Ignore this Cretan’s comment. This was an excellent Story and was well written. This anonymous probably didn’t graduate from high school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Trumper?

If he is a Trump supporter, I'll bet he knows how to spell cretin.

Too bad you don't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I gave it four stars.

To Trumper?

God wasn't cast in the image of Zeus, but the Cretans certainly were! The people were such a lying, self-indulgent, sexually promiscuous bunch that Crete became proverbial for immorality in the ancient world. To be a “kretizo,” a Cretan, was to be a liar.

That’s Trump!

Panther fan.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9054 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS