All Comments on 'The Woman down the Hall'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
tygztygzabout 7 years ago

I love how you let the characters' relationship develop realistically - I'm sure it's a personal preference but for myself I have trouble with stories that have people jump straight from meeting to full-blown relationships (probably because when I tried that in real life, they never went anywhere and the best have been slow and deeper).

Now the funny thing is, I could swear I just read Nancy's story in the last couple of days!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

I loved this as a quick fix while waiting for your next novella! One small point I'd like to make. I'm not a big fan of the word genitals when describing an erotic love scene. Maybe it's just me, but I find it too clinical a term. I prefer pussy, labia, lips, mound or almost anything else. I'd still read your stories despite this, so please don't be offended by my comment. I just wanted to get it out there as a bit of friendly advice. I could be the only person who feels this way, and if that's the case then please disregard!

Once again, well done on another wonderful romance story, with just enough sex to make it even more enjoyable! Can't wait for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Very nice story. Soft and sensual.

plumberdonplumberdonabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

What a beautiful story. Well told with great feelings. Loved it-Thanks

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 7 years ago
not bad

I though this was a good story, just the right length, not sure if I have read any of your other ones I will have to look

MaonaighMaonaighabout 7 years ago
Much needed lesson

You've done it again, Shaima, excellent little tale. It's also a much needed lesson for all those people (in the UK as well as the US) who don't know the difference between Scottish/Scots and Scotch. I did like Mary's Dear Joan letter---having John sign his name in full created a perfect little pen-portrait of a pompous prat. Nothing to do with my comment but I was born in Aberdeen although I'm not a Scot but Irish/English.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 7 years ago
A lovely love story!

Lovely indeed! Very well done! Thank you!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 7 years ago
Very nice story!

I'm a sucker for a love story, and this one has it in spades. Thank you for sharing it with us!

plumberdonplumberdonalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful

What a beautiful Love story. You captured all the right emotions and feelings. Loved it-Thanks

CochettaHDCochettaHDover 6 years ago
Another great story

I loved every one of your stories I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

such a well written love story. i truly loved reading this engaging story. thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Genitals?

Seems excessively proper. And “squirting”IS piss.

survivermomma3survivermomma3over 5 years ago
Dark princess

I think you should write a story based off of the book that Nancy was writing. I have read a couple of lesbian stories with that type of story line and they are so gripping and wonderful to read. I believe they all have made the hall of fame list with high ratings of i remember correcty. I believe because they are so exciting to read do to the mystery and suspense from the spy actions and fight action "scenes" that takes hold of you, to the point you can't stop reading it or you just can't wait for that next chapter to be posted to find out what happens next. It's just a n idea i thought I'd share with you.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 3 years ago

Pitty just two pages for so much capacity / information involved from the beginning ..... With your imagination you could have made it a real story ..... But nicely written

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

Another lovely short story Shauna. It made me think of The Telegram.. On the issue of whether squirt IS piss, bullshit! They are distinctly different. Nuff said...

Only_connectOnly_connectalmost 3 years ago

Very nice story. Writing not 100% polished and perfect, but a great idea nicely done.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

The endings of your short works always leave me with a sense of tattered comfort, not an ending, per se, but more of a failure to continue.

We'd all like to see those works expanded and/or extended, but it's easy to "feel" the continuations the way the stories "just stop" rather than "ending". I think we all like HEA (happily ever after) endings, but explicitly stating those can sometimes be a let down. We each have our own way of fabricating the HEA we wish.

I'm certainly not saying, "keep it short", because I love your long works the best, but still, a short work that peters out on the way to any number of different HEA is far better than leaving the impression of a ONS (one night stand).

And, I must say, you certainly have a "type" when it comes to blouses. And femmes (which really are one and the same, aren't they?).

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKover 1 year ago

That was a great short novell..

Lovely, and easy to follow..

Keep on the good work

Belinda

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous