All Comments on 'The Housewife Next Door'

by Dave2526

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
PROOF READ!!!

Dave2526Dave2526about 7 years agoAuthor
Was writing hastily

I apologize if there are any errors on this. I was in a time crunch when writing it, and wanted to get it done before the real world intruded.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good quick story

It was a good quick story. Totally get you were rushed. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
That Goddamn Real World...

...it gets ya every fucking time!

Sir GalahadSir Galahadabout 7 years ago
Doesn't anybody proofread any more?

One of the better quickies I've read in the last couple of months. It deserves five stars, but is only getting four because the punctuation errors drove me to fury. Running a story through spellcheck to catch obvious mistakes is a start, but it is only a start. You actually have to sit down and READ it slowly -- proofread it, in other words. Even then, you may miss a few things. But this many mistakes in punctuation means only one of two things: Either you don't understand proper punctuation; or you're too lazy to do it right.

I don't care how much of a hurry you are in; take the time to read proof so your readers aren't pulled out of your story, and punctuate it properly. You owe that to yourself, and to us.

Dave2526Dave2526about 7 years agoAuthor
Going to do my best to not let it happen again

I think I should've probably not tried to write this on a day I didn't have proper time to write it. It's clearly been explained by those in the comment section (for which I thank you all sincerely I really do) that lack of time to proof read it, fix errors, punctuation mistakes, was this story's flaw. For that I will do my damn best to go over everything I write in the future better. Not writing when I don't really have the time for it is probably the first no-no lol. Thank you everyone for your comments and complaints. They have helped a lot.

blackknight314blackknight314almost 6 years ago
Oh boy...

Short and sweet. Edit please.

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 6 years ago
Nice little tale.

I agree about you needing an editor.

There are quite a few grammatical and spelling errors.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

A good quick one...surprisingly I saw that ending coming.

10/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDave2526@Dave2526
102 Followers
I am decreasing my time in the chat rooms. This may lead to lengths where I am not in the rooms, sorry to the people I chat with who may miss me. My profile is long, so everyone knows lol. I am, I'm Me! Who are you look down at what I believe? I'm unto your thinking and how...