All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 03'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry, but you dropped the ball on this one

This was a different story. Didn't advance the plot one inch. Just a bunch of song lyrics. I can look at lyrics.com if I want to read song lyrics. Get back to the story. This was nothing, just filler. Any editor worth their salt would have cut this whole chapter and most of the last one.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
enjoyable read but

it doesnt really advance the story all that much...

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Eh....

This chapter and the last should've been one 6 page chapter with way less song lyrics. I get the idea of building up Janie but i really didn't want 6 pages of that, especially when the last few pages of chapter 2 felt exactly the same as this.

Chuckles1966Chuckles1966about 7 years ago
Damn I'm enjoying this

And looking forward to see where you take it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Skipped through this entire chapter, like I said on the previous chapter LONG WINDED and repetitive! Why was this writer included in 'legends day'?

Dunny69Dunny69about 7 years ago
So disappointed

What started as a good strong story has become stuck in a bog of lyrics and self indulgent confusing rubbish. I don't think I've been more disappointed in a continuation of an interesting story ever. Lines and lines of song lyrics that bored the shit out of me totally confusing the issue until I just bailed out and went to the end. Like the others have said it's almost nothing to do with the original story and doesn't move it on. I now expect him to go home eat the shit sandwich the town served him and forgives them all. At least you've taken away the frustration of waiting for the next chapter as I did this offering because I'm no longer excited to know what's next this helping has taken the steam out of the story. Sorry I had such high hopes I'll just have to wait for love letters and hope that doesn't go off the rails.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Well, now you've changed my mind

Now you have me hoping that he'll end up with Janie. A fun read. I'd give it a five just for the Robert Service poem. What can I say, I'm an English teacher.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Torture

This is getting torturous. If you have an open wound and you are still conscious you have to stop the bleeding. This guy is not only bleeding, he is sticking his finger in the wound and jabbing the nerve. Okay, I get it, his heart is broken, but he must face his options and make a damn decision. His choices: stay with the slut and grow to hate her and everyone connected with the incident. Let that hate warp him into an evil fuck. Or walk away from the evil doers and take his kids with him. Raise his children well. Teach them to accept that their mother in effect ended her own life as a wife and a mother by her actions.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Pretty sure

all that destiny stuff is a major red flag.

Anyway, just skimmed this one for now. The real show is back in town. I might give this one a proper read through when the next chapter is out.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
Wow

Chapter one was great, chapter two was so so but OK.

This chapter was pure drivel, it added absolutely nothing to the story.

The addition of the song lyrics was almost an insult to the readers.

Do you honestly think people want to read about his long lost relatives and the feking songs they sing in minute detail?

2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
End it all

Started out great with a lot of momentum. Now it's run out of petrol and is in need of the finish line.

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
It was an interesting story

It wasn't THE story. This was an interlude. I'm interested in the resolution of the first story before we get to a second story. I'm fine with you writing as many stories as you will, but I want to finish the original one. Then bring me back here and tell me a love story. I can live without The Cars, too.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 7 years ago
Get on with it!

I literally nodded off while reading this. Not joking or trying to be a smartass; I literally fell asleep for a second and dropped my phone, which is what woke me up.

You had something great here, but the more you bog it down with irrelevant crap, the less I care about the story. And if things are going the way you keep hinting at(Honor going back), I see no point in reading further installments. Showing all this shit about his travels and extended family will be nothing but wasted time and words if he ends up back with the old crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A Little Dab'll Do Ya

Stab that ginger beaver, Boy!

Yeah, first he was lounging in the boudoir with his half-nude mommy. Then after some years and a spate of tears he's reclining on the couch with mommy-in-law and just about chewing her grannypaps....?

Ok, he's gonna find out something else weird. Maybe faked DNA tests or something. Maybe an older round of wifey's sex romps will surface and he'll find himself drinking moonshine, whining and moaning to his thirteenth cousins in Cape Verde. It could happen!

But, after all this Newfie blood love, can he go back to his cheatin' wife? She is supposedly a good mother - except, of course for the sex, alien sperm and a vajayjay that's a petrie dish roiling with STDs.

Come to think of it, his whole early life with Beth was somewhat weird and otherwise age-inappropriate...these bread crumb trails are just nutty.

Ok, he's gonna take all of his patents and start something up in Newfie with his newfound rellies manning the helm of production. Then maybe he could transplant cheatin' Beth-bitch and the kids, too. If she fcks up, it's the whale's road for her, and fire-beaver for him!

Then again, maybe he should just head back home and keep a barf bag and a roll of Tums handy.

BrewtooBrewtooabout 7 years ago
What happened

Loved Chapters 1 and 2 - but having to slog through all the lyrics in Chapter 3 was a bit tedious. You had great dialogue going in the first two chapters, but this last one has him turned into a big bawl baby. Give him back his backbone and finish it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF?

This is getting tiresome lad. You could've done away with this entire chapter and be exactly where you left off in chapter 2. What was the objective for this chapter? The most I can come up with is humanizing Honor a bit, but even that fell flat. This chapter is a 2 for me. I'd give it a 1, but the last 2 chapters were very strong, and I'm hopeful chapter 4 will get to the bloody point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1 star

Way to long and wast of time with the songs. And already predictable about them getting back together. Should just divorce the whore.

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 7 years ago
I enjoyed it!

I liked the songs, but then we all sing and play instruments in my household.

I was glad Honor had new family to bond with. Yes, he got morose, but people wanted to hear his story and he needed to tell it. And unfortunately, alcohol is a depressant.

I'm wondering, though, why Jane said that the story of Beth's cheating didn't make sense, that there was something wrong with it. Does that mean we are going to be offered a "good" reason for his wife's cheating, like her having a brain tumor or being bipolar?

I can't say I'm too fond of his daughter's behavior. I didn't like it in the last chapter. I wonder if she models her mother's behavior, making her just another example of Honor having to jump through hoops, as everybody expects him to take care of them. Who takes care of him, really? His wife and mother-in-law should be handling his daughter better and cutting him some slack.

He's right; he needs time just to enjoy himself. After his father died, he was the one his mother and sister leaned on. Then he went from college to work to marriage and children and grew a company that supported the whole town. Only one person realized he deserved a break and apologized. His other uncle told him he was sure he would do the right thing...and we all know what that is!

Some readers seem to think he's wallowing, but cheating is bad enough for the average person to deal with. Having 90% of the people in your small town be privy to it and not tell you, because it might hurt them economically is pretty extraordinary. Why would he want to stay, when practically every set of eyes he looked into would have been those of one more person he felt betrayed him?

But "fun" time may be over, if he ends up in the hospital and his wife shows up. In which case, I'm gonna be glad we had this break!

LoadstoneLoadstoneabout 7 years ago
Soon

I feel like the answer Honor is constantly giving is what's building reader frustration: he'll be back "soon" but doesn't appear to be making any progress.

Personally, I don't feel like this kind of musical family-community atmosphere sounds all that fulfilling. I understand that as the author you may feel differently and shape your characters accordingly, but to me that doesn't seem like a rewarding conclusion. Yet as I'm reading, all of these little hints seem to suggest that Beth will attempt suicide; my guess is she succeeds (possibly immediately but more likely in a drawn-out medical struggle that ultimately fails), probably during or prompting Honor's return to care for the children. Honor will bring his children to his 'Newf' family and Janie as he tries to rebuild his relationship with his daughter, though she and Janie will hit it off over a love of music because "kumbaya".

I don't like the idea of the story arc I spelled out, but that's the path I see developing. I'm hoping Honor and Beth can repair their relationship somehow, though I'm not sure what the end game could be in their town.

I personally hate the "Loving Wives" category and can't stand stories about cheating or swapping. I'm reading this because I trust you as an author to tell your story with likable and realistic characters as you have in your other stories. Similarly, I'll continue reading this in spite of my suspicions and a fairly lackluster chapter. I'm looking forward to how you continue; even if I'm spot-on with my predictions (which I doubt), I have no doubt your writing will make it much better than I could imagine. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thanks for sharing!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Nice

Good tale. Didn't really add much to the story line. It did add a lifeline. A new love interest. Hopefully it will progress a little faster next chapter. Please continue...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
ditto

guess everybody had the same idea...time to move along...youre usually better at staying on track...enough singing and repitition...

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

As stated above, I suppose this is okay as a breather. I didn't need to have so many lyrics of songs I already know. I feel like you could have had a good deal more meat in the chapter, or a more terse interlude. Of course, part of the point is to contrast that different approach to time between his prior life of work and family and nothing else, and the slower cadence amongst his kin. If your intent was to draw the readers into that different pacing, it kinda sorta maybe worked. But personally I still would have liked it tighter. Truthfully I just skimmed past the lyrics after a bit

It does all seem to be getting set up to next revolve around a suicide or attempt by Beth, and the next stage of drama that creates. That said, given how well you set the stage with the first two chapters, I'm looking forward to your progressing the story.

Thanks again, not my favorite chapter, but I've really enjoyed this story so far.

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

Btw, I think I commented that I hoped Honor got to enjoy the music in the Martimes, since I do love it. My critique isn't it's presence in the storyline, it's the word count and presentation in the text. It really is an important part of my own experiences there, and you've such a skill, it just feels like you could have conveyed it's impact without simply quoting so many lyrics and slowing down the story itself.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
AND THE BEAT GOES ON

but who is still dancing and with whom, TK U MLJ LV NV

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
He still turned his back on his kids

Even with his heartbreak, he has two children. Life continues. Planning on divorce? Fine, divorce, but take care of your children. I am completely confused on the running away, returning, then running away again. Honor is anything but honorable.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
I'm in

WOW! I thought I was in for a quick read in between the books on my bed stand. Please don't rush this. There is so much potential with the new characters - Ronnie and Janie and the rest of Honor's family. Not to mention the Newfoundland setting.

I loved this chapter. It moved the story into a new realm for me. So many threads to follow. Screw the Bozos looking for the quick read - the guys who open a book and read the last page first.

I'm in. I'm fully invested. I felt like I was actually there through the party and the music. Your description of the Janie/Honor duet reminded me the first time I was blown away hearing Enya many years ago. And the language! What flavor and texture.

Like Michael Chabon and James Russo, I can read your work simply for the enjoyment of your beautiful prose. No quick resolutions. Give this story its due, please.

Thank you for sharing your gift.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Useless filler/summary

More of ch2: Honor traveling the world and whining like a little baby. If his little daughter never talks to him again I'll cheer.

The worse thing is that he's already talking about going back and 'fixing' everything for the bastards that ruined his life.

I don't know if I'll read more, the guy is becoming wimpier by the second.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Losing my interest

The first two chapters were outstanding, but this one feels like filler, and the character is getting weak. It feels like half of this one was song lyrics, and no real progress on the story. The attempts at writing accents always feel stilted and difficult to read whenever someone dies it.

Plus Honor is starting to feel like a drama queen, fainting, and constantly on the verge of tears. He just keeps running away like a teenager.

Running from his family seems weak by this point, and he isn't taking care of his kids.

I thought the author might be setting it up for a suicide attempt by Beth to get him home to take care of business, but now it feels like he's wanting to kill Beth off to get Honor back with the new girl.

The writing is good, and the story is solid; this chapter just felt clumsy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stupid

Get it over already!!d

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
going down hill

part 1.. 5*.. part 2.. 3* ... part 3 ... 1* .. sorry... 2 plus pages of song lyrics omg... honor its time no..past time to shit or get off the f-in pot !! your little girl crys an says she hates you an you go on a pub crawl. ?.....nice....go back ..do what needs to be done and move on !! Please TTT love your stories but this one went off the rails sorry..stlcris

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I didn't like this chapter but

It's clear evidence of quality writing that you've generated this many thoughtful comments so quickly.

jasjonjasjonabout 7 years ago
4☆

Interesting locale and characters, but still just filler. Time to move on and make a decision. (And stop being such a wimp.)

Gomez333Gomez333about 7 years ago
Sorry.....

Enjoyed part one very much but the story seems to be just drifting along now. Handy insight into Newfoundland society and culture but I think I've had enough of that for now.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 7 years ago
Well Anon's

If you are Bored Go to another Story. I like this one myself. You must be quick thinker's with no care of what it would do to You. to be turned on by everyone you knew and Trusted.

Chohux_1Chohux_1about 7 years ago
Umm

The man gone from a angry person to a cry baby man up and take action I think it's not a good idea to have another women join so soon it shits all over Beth and honor being soul mates since they where little kids he needs to go home kick the shit out of his best friend and brother i feel like they got of the hook and then he needs to man up for his kids there is no excuse to leave your kids at a young age to travel because your wife hurt you he needs to be there for them be interesting to see the next chapter and see what unfolds

kdcee79kdcee79about 7 years ago
What Honour ?

I hope this finishes soon otherwise Honor will never stop crying - you're turning him into a real wimp. Ok, so Beth & the rest of the town all did the dirty on him but he's becoming a depressed cry baby & the story's also becoming depressive. Lighten up.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is quickly ranking in my top 4 all time favorite stories.....anywhere...

....I went though something like Honor, but she was a longtime girlfriend, not my wife.

I was a mess. I left the area, stayed gone for over two years....learned I loved another part of the world....it felt more like home than home did. I had no familial connection, but the warmth and kindness of the people there, gave me membership in a close-knit community.

Anyway, please stay your course. And it is beautiful country up there....

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
A Little Too Heavy....

....on the song lyrics for my taste....

As others have said, it feels like the story is flailing about aimlessly, taking a hiatus and looking for direction. And we still don't have a clue about Beth's root problem. Brain tumor, maybe? And now Honor has some grave illness? Getting a bad feeling about where this is headed -- hope that I'm wrong!

Gonna hold off on voting for this chapter until I see where you're taking us! ;-)

texquilltexquillabout 7 years ago
IS THIS ALL THERE IS?

Perhaps the author has come to the point that he wants his readers to finish the story themselves? The escape to Canada, the inability to cope with a new love interest, the discovery of another part of a close-knit family - all seem to be plot lines that are just drifting away. Maybe there isn't an easy solution to Honor's dilemma, and the fall from the barstool is the author's way of concluding a sad odyssey. In any event, the story has been compelling and is deserving of a 5 star rating!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He killed a good story!!!

It seems he didnt know his own story - at least not the end!! To bad that he is a wuss!!! And if i want to hear gaelic songs then i make use of a "Musical Exchange Platform" and dont read literotica!!!

SeeingEyeSeeingEyeabout 7 years ago
Such a shame

The first two chapters were great. This was awful. I don't need to read the lyrics of thirty songs in a story. If you can't think of your own words, try harder, don't fill the story with someone else's. I loved Honor in the first two stories, here he's become a sniveling ass. Really a pity, was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

five fucking days .......

not even a week

and the author is getting crapped on by the commentators

Ch.01 approved & available 5 days ago

Ch.02 approved & available 2 days ago

Ch.03 approved & available TODAY

and within hours/days of it being out there for people to read , the Author has a page of fuckwit stupid comments & feedback

and people wonder why this category is lacking in good stories & decent Authors

people wonder why the category has devolved into Cuck central.

was nice to see some of the Best Authors in the LW category make a return this last week ...

was a shame that the comments & contacts they recieved only reinforced the reasons why so many of them stopped posting material so frequently or have in part abandoned this category and in some cases the site

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Oh good fucking GOD!

If God was good, I wouldn't have had to suffer over this fucking music video...except I get neither the music NOR the video.

I am sure somewhere there is a bylaw in Lit which mandates that an author, having wasted more than two Lit pages on SONG LYRICS has earned himself a carbonated vodka and lemon enema...all three liters of it. And if they don't have it, they should! It's called the 'qhml1' rule.

What is next? Ponderous pages of poetry, pompously promulgated by the Patriarch with pithy pitches of the practicality of pardon?

I also have a few ideas on rabid weasels. Just saying.

I have been waiting for three days and two chapters for this story to start moving again. And I'm still waiting. In fact, we have gone backwards all the way to chapter one with the RE-recitation of his story, just to introduce Jane and bring her up to speed. There was ONE 'revelation' in the story.

BETH. FRED. THE TOWN. UNCLE...someone....and UNCLE...other someone. My memories of them are already fading into the mist of the past and yet we have piled another EIGHT MORE CHARACTERS I don't care about because we are one motorbike ride from leaving them all behind.

GET. ON. WITH. IT!

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Another good one

Another good one but it's time to end the self imposed exile. He knows the marriage is over and it's time to do right by his kids, if they are his. He has a new family now and a girl that seems to feel the same about love and relationships as he does. He has another town that needs saving and he has the means and mind to do it.

B.B. has already signed the divorce papers. He's legally separated so he can follow his heart and see if Janie truly is the girl for him without guilt.

Maybe Janie will go with him and be one of the few who supports HIM while he sees if there is anything left back home for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Keep up the good work!

Another chapter in an excellent story. This chapter diverges from the main story a bit but I think it is necessary in order to give Honor a way out of his predicament. He needed to experience things outside his bubble in order to be able to move on from being as he was in a believable way. I'm looking forward to see where you take him in the next chapter.

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
Still a good story...

Still a good story...Of course this chapter was a walk in family lane and brought no new elements to the story, it was just to show his father's family...I don't think this story will end in the next part, maybe not even in the next two parts...But I'll be here to read it and see where TTT will take this...4*

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 7 years ago

one hell of a good story.

to hell with the bad commentators. they are just jealous that the writer is doing a better job at this than they ever could.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Brady's Stolen Super Bowl Jersey was Found Quicker then Honor's Ability to Man Up for His Kids

What a tragic shame Honor didn't go to Saint Louis instead of Newfoundland so Honor could poignantly sing Johnny B. Good at Chuck Berry's wake leaving the mourners aghast with admiration . Honor could forget his angst and pain as he duckwalked and soloed thru ' Maybelline ' with shimmering Gibson guitar he purchased from Chuck on his deathbed for a million dollars.

Then Honor could launch a nationwide tribute tour to " The Brown Eyed Handsome Man " , making audiences laugh and cry as he reveals Chuck's deathbed advice to " worry less about kids and more about " dishonorable promoters". That is the making of a real "Legend of Legends".

Dunny69Dunny69about 7 years ago
Anonymous and five fucking days.

Firstly come out from behind your rock and identify yourself before throwing foul ignorant brave comments around. I stand as me and I have also applauded the first two chapters of this story before feeling let down by the third. I agree with the landslide of chuck shit but if you don't want honest feedback don't ask for it. Yes this author is held in high regard, by me anyway, but this last chapter let the reams of lyrics drag it down until it became boring and confusing, for me anyway. So big brave anonymous of five fucking days keep your yobbo foul comments to yourself and try commenting like a sensible adult, if you are one, and then as they say in your trailer park "eat shit and die mf "

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Totally self indulgent crap.

Grow a pair and decide what you want to do. Think of your children. If you no longer love Beth then do the "right thing" and divorce her. If you still love her, go back, forgive her and rebuild your lives. Far too much pathetic "poor me" whining going on. Honor is far from being the perfect being that he portrays himself as. He's made plenty of errors and thought nothing of sacrificing his marriage and his children for the sake of his ego. A man who thinks and feels as he does has no right to burden himself on a wife and, worse still, children.

wonder203wonder203about 7 years ago
Great story

I get that many want some immediate retaliation and for Honor to "man up" and go home but I think most just think that is what they would do.

The story however is about many things and while the central theme is his marriage breakdown the rest of the story is also exceptionally written. Maybe because I have been to the places he speaks of and have spent time in Newfoundland and in St Johns including bar hopping on George street it resonates more with me.

I also, however, know that peoples healing and hurt are never ever a straight line action. It wanders for many and it is wandering for Honor.

Waiting for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You hit rock bottom here

At some point it was like that episode of the Simpson where they sing the whole time. At the end I was feeling like Smake thinking "if someone else open his mouth to sing a note I'm going to shut him/her down". Pretty boring to be honest, sidetracked from the main story, maybe you are settling the bases for what it's going to happen next, but you slowed down the story too much. Most of the things you wrote in this chapter were irrelevant and there were too many fucking lyrics.

Plus we have to heard Honor's whole story AGAIN!

Think about keeping it shorter. Make short and good, and not long and boring. At this pooint I'm starting to feel that I don't care what the fuck happens to everyone, I just want the story to go somewhere. Enough limbo, enough traveling guide and songs lyrics stick the darn story please.

I gave *2 just because of the first chapter and some parts of the second but this one was really lame man.

The Reviewer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"You're right. This is a long story. Slower'n molasses runnin' uphill."

And a lot less interesting. I guess music is really really important to you? Or you just don't have the wit and imagination to create your characters' words and convey their emotions, so you use a true creative artist's lyrics. Here is what I feel like (insert song), and this is what she did to me (insert song), etc. Its a really lame writing style, and illustrates your own lack of creativity. Why don't you just copy and paste from some other writers work? Oh, you did.

What is really sad is that I know you are doing the best you can. Its a great plot, but it is way too long, tedious distracting side stories (and trips!), and still after 3 chapters does not explain why his devoted childhood love and his entire family and friends shit on him, repeatedly. And he is still unsure how he feels about it?

At this point I'm starting to agree with his sister. He's a boring pathetic sef-absorbed self-righteous ass. If Beth kills herself for this loser than she really is as stupid as you have so far portrayed her.

Bring on the molasses, its more interesting.

McAnonMcAnonabout 7 years ago
Let Down ???

I'm sorry this Chapter was totally out of synch with the previous ones, also I hate use of pop song lyrics, they are shallow and insincere. It as also very confusing jumping about a very large family that was confident in itself and really did not go along with his decision to quit just like the people back home.

As for his treatment of his little girl it is shameful and he is hurting her more than any other person, a bit more effort on his side is needed to solve the problem, running away is not the way and will solve nothing except to lock the situation and "pride" plus the usual inability to listen to anyone for more then one sentence will keep a proper solution.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

I’m writing these as I go, so please excuse me if I get it all wrong!

I’m wondering if he’s going to end up in Newfoundland, maybe with Jane? Or is she too young?

“they were unemployed, both recent grads of the University of Newfoundland.” – Maybe my idea of moving to Newfoundland isn’t that far off, company and all!

"Is that what your wife said to you when she cut your heart out, Honor? It was nothing. Just a good time?" – That was very unfair of Jane. She’s the one that pretty much put the kabosh on a relationship, at least for now, for her to now act jealous is kind of pissy! He’s also being too hard on himself. While he may be still married, he’s pretty much a free agent, and again, Jane pretty much cut him loose from her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Actually

I love it, wonderful build up. You put the label of chapters on it and surprisingly to me I'm enjoying all the work up you are doing. Thank you for the story no matter how long it takes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Agree with some of the other comments, this chapter was out of synch with the previous ones, spent tooo much time singing and rehashing material already covered. It was disappointing and a lot less interesting.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Minority

I guess I'm in the minority, and I really liked this chapter, and I liked the music better than chapter two's travelogue. Not that I didn't like chapter two!

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 7 years ago
Rehash -- no new story

This is just a string of song quotes that spliced together a rehash of the previous two chapters. I continued reading because I kept thinking something new might happen.

JounarJounarabout 7 years ago
pretty meh

This chapter needed to be double the length to work considering all the song lyrics and rehash of what happened in previous chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Why is this in Loving Wives?

This should be moved to the karaoke category.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I liked it

Although I did not care for all songs in there.

I did find it a new start I think I see where you are going or maybe not.

When Beth told Honor, You need to come back soon, Honor. For the kids. They're going to need you." Maybe Beth is dying or maybe she is going to kill herself who knows . I do not think Honor is a punk he is a man hurt . Honor needs go home take time to tie up that mess come back to Janie , with his kids ,start a company in a new town and get married to Janie have a couple of more kids with Janie and live a great life. And leave all them sorry people in the other town to them selves,mom and all. Voyer61

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Liked this chapter

I vote Jane!

Damn! What a woman!

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
Some stories

are short and some are long--it's up to the author, not to the readers. Melville's "Moby Dick" is 400 pages or more; his "Bartleby the Scrivener" is 40.

As far as this story goes, I'm enjoying the ride. Let TTT take all the time and space he wants to tell his tale the way he wants to. I'm in no hurry!

Thanks, ohio

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
The introduction of Jane adds a new dimension

but chapters 2 and 3 could easily have been collapsed into a single 3 page chapter.

Being from Canada, I don't mind the Maritimes travelogue, but its not really adding to the story. So far, in spite of all his positive attributes, Arnold seems like a man who enjoys wallowing in his "Oh, woe is me" misery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Enough

Enough with the fucking songs! This shitbird couldn't even play now he's fucking Elvis.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
It's working well, 5*, as ever.

Some do not like it,or so they claim, which shows how good a story it is, when the green-eyed goblins of mediocrity start clacking their pus-stained gums lispingly mouthing their jealous rants.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I fucking hated it. I wanted to blow my brains out on the first page

# 1 All the stupid sad bullshit songs and a man with no back bone. Dam just stop being a wimpy ass cuck and man up. Write something with balls. I WAS actually looking forward to this post and you fucking ruined the whole story. What next a gun to the head. Let him find out his kids are not his and move on. That is why his whore wife didnt use the DNA he furnished and someone else's hair sample. Reading this kind of shit would ruin anyone's day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ditto on blowing my brains out

Pointless section, wasted space, boring as hell

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
ohio

When I shop for a book, I can see the ponderous of the prose by peering at the page length.

So if I am not in the mood for a 5 inch thick book, I can pass on it.

While TTT can certainly write, he is also holding the readers hostage. He laid out the main plot: his town and his wife He hasn't touched his main plot for one and a half chapters.

I am engaged. I am also miffed that all Honor is doing this entire chapter is playing with himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Story

People, I hate arm chair experts. Let the man tell his story, If you don't like it don't read it.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Excellent Story. TTT ignore the nattering nabobs of negatism.

Ditto what Ohio said. Did not see the Newfoundland diversion coming or Jane entering the picture. The Gaelic duet was the high point of this chapter, if not the series. TTT has moved from the realm of fiction to the realm of literature (which is why the wankers are complaining). I am biased, though, as I'm a musician and have played many of the songs referenced and hear them in the context of the story.

And then Jane, "She turned her head, eyes red and burning. 'Is that what your wife said to you when she cut your heart out, Honor? It was nothing. Just a good time?'" Wow. An Irish red head for sure, and a feisty lady at that.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Look . . .

. . . I've always enjoyed your writing - you've got a great sense of humor, your writing is clear, emotional, intense, and sensitive. And I've genuinely enjoyed the first two chapters - full of angst, anger, love, and regret. I know that you favor happy endings when called for. But this chapter was just a waste of time. Both BB and Honor have suffered tremendously from her mistake - it's past time to move this excellent story to its conclusion. I sincerely appreciate your effort and the stories from all the special authors. Thanks very much, but end it already.

phill1cphill1cabout 7 years ago
A Town Without Honor

Is a town without song lyrics.

I have to say, this story sucks.

I hate the notion of an overwrought male victim, named "Honor" no less, crying constantly about how someone done him wrong and running away whenever he is reminded of his slut wife (one-dimensional dummy) getting stuck.

Have all the "Legends" simply phoned it in? The stories are all long-winded and trite. The characters one-dimensional and, frankly, boring.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
?????

I'll be holding off on this chapter. I loved 1 and 2. This one .... have to give it a bit of thought ....

I think I can see why, but the scenery doesn't fit for me.

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

I will add my voice to those who simply say that if you don't like the story, then don't read it. I'm not wild about all the songs, but they are part of his story, so I move on to the next bits of narrative. This may have been the best chapter from my point of view and I hope it continues in this direction.

dapidapiabout 7 years ago
lance_spearman

Salut mon ami! May the Habs forever destroy Toronto on the ice.

You do realize that all Americans like to wallow in pain and despair. It's what makes them so stupidly American. That and the guns they use to shoot their toes off.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 7 years ago
Still enjoying it...

...the song lyrics were a bit overdone, so much filler, but I enjoyed watching Honor finally enjoy himself.

Looking forward to the next section.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Deeper than I first thought

Wow! This is a thought-provoking story. Honestly??? I love it!!! Please, I need to hear more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks for so many posts

The multitude of songs was a bit too much, and the story is still overly angsty, but somehow this chapter was easier to take than the last.

I still vastly prefer your hump-fest stories. So much more fun.

PS the Cars rock.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Placeholder

This chapter did little to nothing to advance your plot. Honor partied with his cousins. His guitar playing improved. His daughter is acting up. He equated drunken snogging with a full- blown affair over months with multiple partners (really?). Most characters (Beth, mom and, of course, the Town) never appear onstage. I didn't mind the lyrics (is that OK to publish, even if it's free?) as much as some, but they didn't advance your character, much less the story. I would be happy if this was 20 chapters but they have to move the story. End of (gentle, I hope) rant.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Epic Karaoke Enhanced Odyssey for Milennial Generation ! Shame, Shame, Shame on the Naysayers !

The fools just can't see that Legend TTT is retelling Homer's epic . Honor would love nothing better to come home and be a father to his children . Unfortunately the Gods have cast a mysterious curse that dooms him to wander the eastern seaboard of North American Continent. He is under the thrall of the bewitching , nigh pitch perfect Newfoundland sirens now sadly .

Yet it's almost over, Honor has already completed the arduous and terrifying, find the perfect Lobster Roll and eating it sans lemon or tartar sauce quest. This parental hiatus is painful but necessary to break the slut spell cast upon Honor's Queen Penelope who is suffering the imminent shame and stigma of being dp'd by the Minotaur brothers, Frank and Dale, breaking her will to make one of the horn (y) siblings wait in line like gentleman to bed her.

When Honor completes the final , albeit most difficult quest to play Hendrix note for note . He triumphantly return and will punish the trangressing town who has so callously berated and betrayed him by playing Jim's legendary Woodstock version of ' The Star Spangled Banner ' backwards. Those without pre implanted wax in their wars will immediately bleed out from all orafices screaming.

Then and only then can Honor reassume his rightful throne .... in his bathroom. He will then upgrade with a invented modification to bidet that frees him of responsibility of ever wiping clean infant son post diaper changes. Joseph Campbell would be green with envy at Tx Tall Tales myth modality. Actually it's rumored he's greenish now ...due to decomposition process because he's sort of dead. Details ( sigh).

The End

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Great story man!

Great story and the way you write makes me sad as I share his pain. That's how good your writing is. What a ride! I think it's time to take us home to get some closure so he can have his family or move on to Jane.

Can't wait to see more.

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
A Character Develops

Honor's perspective and outlook is evolving. New ideas, opportunities are identified. He's finding what, outside his marriage, makes HIM happy. He's recognizing ... alternatives to going back to the town without Honor. He's found a new town, with family, with unemployed, with a different set of values... a town that has honor, but would appreciate (and could benefit) from having Honor.

Perhaps Newfie is the "town without Honor"?

This chapter addresses what most stories lack. Brilliant. I'm impatient as well, but this chapter was (IMO) essential to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great novel . It's starting to drag along, go home and find out why?

You leave two kids behind as you run and hide. A wife since she was 4 strayed and you do not know the reason why. People were affraid to tell you. But you blame them all as your world exploded. So go home and find out why, either fix it or end it. To many good years to throw away . Get those answers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Way to much filler makes for a boring story.

Lots of unneeded stuff. I skipped through most of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What was this all about

Just seems like you're trying to stretch the story, this chapter was useless nonsense, If you can't figure out an ending, let some one else do it. Just don't post crap like these 4 pages again. This was a complete waste.

grriz1grriz1about 7 years ago
This one really lost me.

This chapter felt like it was rambling. There was way too much filler as it continued to pull away from the originally story. I couldn't have been more wrong in the direction I thought you might go. I did not like this segment.

LostriderLostriderabout 7 years ago
Finding his other family

This was a good intro to meet the forgotten side of his family. Also in finding that they are not all selfish backstabbers. Keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best of...

March 17th. Cant wait for the finish and hope its three or four chapters away. Shed

some tears. And....will someone put a bullet in the anon that puts down every offering? Just pissed because his 2" dick wont reach his own mouth. Why does that

ass get to pull ratings down? 5*

Thank you, TTT!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You're moving into novel territory

And I mean that in the best possible way!

Wow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Whats the hurry?

The marathon is not a sprint. TTT is changing up the pace and adding depth to the story. Let Beth suffer a bit more, she earned it, as did the rest of town.

A brief glance into the personality traits of a "creative" or "perfectionistic" type validates Honor's tight personality and seeming coldness. These personalities are very stoical and yet are always storing away the words and actions of others. When the blowup comes, it is usually severe. TTT is portraying Honor and his actions true to life. The lyrics may not mean much to the reader, but they dominated Honor's mind at the time.

There are more insipid cuck stories now and they should have their own category.

Thanks to the brave writers that post in the LW section. I understand why they might

eventually say adios. Thanks to Blackrandi for March 17. Hope it becomes an annual

event. Better than the 14th, steak and a blowjob day! And I don't give a crap about the Irish and my bracket was busted way too early!

Thanks TTT

5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
Somehow, Jane sneaked by me.

I thought she was the granddaughter of our hero's uncle, but now she is a love interest? She isn't a relative? If Triple T writes it, I will read it. If this slides from a short story to a novel, I'll be there at the end... if the creeks don't get too high.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 7 years ago
I've been 'Screeched In'

That means I'm an honorary Newf and very proud of it. It was great reading about a place and a people that I grew to love. I don't get all the lyrics piled into this chapter though. It was way over the top. It seem he's building a case for Honor to build a business in Newfoundland and have Janie as his 'ever after' woman.The overwhelming misery and torch-carrying of our protagonist, his children, his mother, her mother, and Her make that a difficult road to follow. I guess I'll bide my time and see. 5*

For the love of all that's holy, please cut out the damn song lyrics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Life is a Journey

Enjoy the ride. I don't understand the negative comments about the pace and/or wanting a quick ending. This tale takes me to a new part of the World and shows just how hard these situations can be when their are Children involved.

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This great story continues nicly and TTT takes us on a journey

Bravo, TTT, this is a great, epic story. There is plenty of though that has gone into the characters. I know you will tell it on your own schedule and ignore the "nattering nabobs of negativism" from many annon's and BTB crowd.

TTT has Honor telling his tale over and over to several folks, also to remind the readers. We all know that Honor is emotionally broken, his first attempt to put distance between him and the family failed. He runs away again because he fears his lack of self control but really it's that for the first time since the death of his dad he is , confronted with a problem that can be solved by a plan and set of action items.

He is adrift and his usual tool set that has served him well won't work.

Honor never really had an adolescence. he went into manhood upon the death of his father. He focused and then went HS>CMU>Marriage>Founded a company>Educated wife>Managed Company>kids1>Company>kid2>Company...

BTW CMU is a fantastic school, so to get a full ride is a great achievement.

Honor is a goal oriented ,"Plan your work, work your plan" guy. When he goes back the first time, he takes his business problem checklist approach then sees the couch and has a visceral and very understandable reaction. he wants to strangle the bitch.

For almost 20 years he has been on a treadmill, no real failures, no major reversals until now and then he gets the cruelest betrayal possible. Honor never took time off for himself, it was not in the plan. The plan was always objectives for the greater good.

He needs a emotional catharsis, he is not a religious guy, so the music and singing is like his way of praying and grieving for his loss and getting the anger and hurt out of his system. He has no one to talk to, so, guess what he searches out a another, new community among his dad's distant relatives amid the backdrop of a the very beautiful and isolated towns in Atlantic Canada. St. John's is about as close to his roots that he can get without crossing the pond.

TTT also gives us Janie, the almost angel. Honor connects with her when they play together and she sings the Celtic rhyme but she is really the women that his mother and wife should have been. The one who despite the sorrow and toughness of her life and knowing she could pursue Honor and take him, she does not. She is strong enough to tell him the obvious and that he is till in love with BB. She is the first women who connects with him almost like BB's mother.

The end scene in the Bar is great, will that end as the final catharsis or will it result in another decision. (I don't quite agree that him getting some affection in the bar was anywhere the same as his wife having sex with the weasel who betrayed Honor. But TTT has Janie make the analogy that Honor seems to understand of course then he passes out after hitting his him. Again, many men would have slept with another women and so would have taken her back to BB, and humiliated her as severly as possible as further punishment, but that's not Honor and Janie would not allow herself to be used that waym she has too much character.

Great way to wrap up the Chapter 3 and TT keeps us awaiting more.

5, but if I could give it a 50 I would.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
A Few More Thoughts

Re: The songs - The songs were used to eloquently express his feelings.

The point of this chapter is to show him a town bound by family ties that really DOES look out for each other, which he THOUGHT that he had in his home town.

It's also a town with an educated work force that would benefit by his setting up business there. And they're good honest people who's gratitude wouldn't allow them to keep a secret like his home town did, even if they were afraid of losing their meal ticket.. He now knows that there is something better out there, that he doesn't have to put up with back-stabbers.

rnebularrnebularabout 7 years ago
Been a long time

It has been a very long time since I have sat on the edge of my virtual seat, to wait for a new chapter of any story, on Literotica or in hard print format. This series is gripping, emotional and about as deep as anyone can get for a free read. I have read most of TTT's stories, and while I don't love them all, I have long considered him a master of the craft. As HDK recently stated, if he will write it, I will read it. The last poster pointed out some very good observations, that the personality of Honor is mostly the reason for his running away, especially the second time. I still hold out hope that his life will get better for him, and if nothing else find a way to reconnect with his daughter.

As for the pace, it's a nail-biter for me to wait, but I agree that this is NOT a sprint race. This journey is best taken slower, as the exploration of the situation and characters unfolds. Obviously we are starting to see the depth of Honor and the effect this unexpected betrayal has had on his core values, his core idea of who he is. He thinks to himself several times that everyone expects him to fix things, or make it right. For seemingly the first time in his life, he may not want to fix things, and definitely doesn't know how to fix things with BB.

I am not shocked to see that there are a lot of folks that disagree with both his current choices in life, as well as the pace set by TTT. In my opinion, this has a LOT to do with personal experience. If a man/woman has been hurt like this (or god forbid, worse), that person will see the situation as poisonous and want nothing more than to burn everything to the ground and move away. I think this is the core reason that people become polarized (BTB/RAAC/etc.) to always want to see the same result.

People deal with trauma differently, and those that haven't been on the receiving end of betrayal at this level, will have a skewed view of the protagonist's reality. Me, I have been betrayed in life, but nowhere near the level of this main character. I just try to imagine what I would feel, but don't every assume to apply what I think to another person, even if it's a character in a story like this.

Anyhow, I will continue to tell myself that I have the patience to wait for the next chapter (in denial, of course). Thank you for continuing to entertain us!

RNebular

5*

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 7 years ago
What was the purpose of this chapter?

All I know after reading this chapter is that TTT knows a lot of songs... The story did not move forward and there was no real growth in character or emotions. I am generally not harsh but this was an utter disappointment!!

Dusu68Dusu68about 7 years ago
Now I'm hooked

I was very unsure where you were going with this story in the first 2 chapters and was ambivalent about continuing to follow it. THIS chapter has made me a follower. Good people, trustworthy people, real family, joy, happiness, fun, etc. now I REALLY want to know how Honor will process this.

Thanks, TTT.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20407 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories