All Comments on 'Play it Again Sam Pt. 03'

by kublicon

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Good chapte

Glad we got the explanation now. Was really worried that would be dragged out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nothing and nowhere

This is just becoming a farce. I thought it might be pretty good. It isn't. A tempest in a teacup. Three, and that's being generous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I love groundhog day

Thanks for sharing, breath of fresh air 5 star

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 7 years ago
Ayeah, the evolution of the groundhog.

So now we see what he learns and how he learns it.

I liked this approach to the story very much so far.

What we have left is the entertainment side (go crazy/revenge scenarios - the best of the BTB world now that he knows the truth about his cunt wife), and then next we have the resolution to the time loop mystery... just because the question was set aside does not mean we won't have to come back to it.

You have Bill Murray (and his writers) beat all to hell and back with this far more interesting story so far. You have left a bunch of daily cycle details out, but not in any way that really matters to the ultimate story, and that is a credit to your writing.

Kudos, 5* and keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wound up skimming most of it

And it still didn't go anywhere. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Too much dreary psycobabble

Like others I was forced to skim through a good percentage of this chapter. Otherwise I will say you would have had a very good story. I'd give you a 3.5 at this point. This has been the worst chapter to date.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
fuck the Debbie Downer Anons

This is fine writing waxing between rueful and ruthless. That's not easy. I wish a young Kelsey Grammar ( Frazier ) could play the lead role.. Thanks go to kublicon for sharing.

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Darune

Very good chapter nice setup explain everything is going in his mind and why he is doing what he's doing those that are complaining that it is psychobabble are the ones that just want you to burn the b**** or other stuff right away without any thought. Any reason behind it

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Great Plot

Great plot but torturous. I hope you end the pain soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This story went from good in the first 2 chapter to long winded repetitive bullshit in this chapter, way to lose readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This story just got plain stupid after the first page. Boring babble to the end of the story that doesn't contribute anything to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ignore the cuck commentors, I like this story

I really like this story.

I will say that the husband character does come-off as being clueless about his wife.

Anniversary dates should have been the first password numbers he tried.

Keep writing please

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
Some of the comments disturb me.

I am enjoying this story a lot. I did feel this chapter kind of spun its wheels. I am desperate for more information and very little came to light in 3+ pages. The concept is great and our hero has the chance to be spectacular. We seem to be approaching the part where he gets daily revenge on his wife. I would think that at some point she would have to talk with him about the other men. I look forward to the next chapter and thank you for sharing your imagination!

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 7 years ago
Well, I love it! I'm anxious to see what happens!

"Groundhog Day" is one of my favorite comedies. Bill Murray was a jerk who, by the end of the film, improved his character and became a real mensch. All it took was for Bill to get bored of being himself and become someone worthy of others engaging, which even allowed him to genuinely enjoy being with people he had previously spurned.

Sam starts out as a good guy, but realizes there are many people unworthy of his trust. Like Bill's character, he will use the time loop to see the world differently and improve himself. Sam is going for some revenge and, I assume, will train to have the satisfaction of putting the doctor down, while telling his wife that it's over, maybe with an email blast to all Julie's friends and family that he now knows what a slut she's been all these years.

Of course, no matter how satisfying, these are all going to be extremely temporal effects. How will Sam get out of the loop? What does he need to do to be ready for it? He's already figured out how to make beaucoup bucks. All he has to do now is meet a real woman on the train, and life will be so much better, especially as this time, he will have the skills in bed from the start of the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

i thought his wife was a girl who made a mistake with that doctor and started getting into it. did not know she was a serial cheater lol. the comedic tones in this were great. even though there is no revenge at all on this chapter i liked it. Only downside is you have restricted him from doing any creative things with his repeated day. No creative revenges, no hilarious antics. Having a repeated day seems wasted if you dont do anything with it.

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 7 years ago
This series is spectacular...

...although waiting 9 days between each chapter is excruciating.

jezzazjezzazabout 7 years ago
The only negative comment I would have is...

...next time, get it all written and edited first.

Waiting for this is excruciating.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

“I can't invest in the companies and products that I scout for our mutual funds. They have a name for that- insider trading.” – I’m certainly no expert, but I don’t believe it is insider trading if you are making decisions based on publicly available information, which is what you’re doing on your job. Okay, I see the issue if he trades based on his knowledge of what the firm is GOING to do, but if he simply decides what the firm SHOULD do, and does it for himself, BEFORE the firm decides to follow his advice, that’s not insider trading, IMHO.

Why doesn’t the balance in his account go back when the day starts over?

I do disagree with him on the “default” position of dating. Until a declaration of exclusivity, “going steady” as we called it in my younger days, the assumption is that you at least COULD be dating others. That certainly goes out the window with engagement and marriage, those ARE exclusive situations, and any outside relationships are cheating.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Damn good

Damn, I really hate you

First you steal this idea straight from my head. Then you execute it flawlessly. And this is your debut on this site? Damn you. And I mean that in the best, most flattering way possible.

You have managed to write a Loving Wives story that includes a very likable husband and his lying, cheating slut of a wife...that includes humor and mystery and is completely compelling and doesn't conform to the boilerplate template of any story ever written here.

I am in awe.

This chapter was like reading a BTB mystery; only the question to be solved isn't "how will I exact my revenge on my cheating whore wife?", but "WHY did my seemingly loyal and trustworthy wife cheat on me?"

Writing a simple revenge tale with one-dimensional cartoon characters is easy. Writing something like this is extremely difficult and requires a hell of a lot more thought and creativity.

Brilliant. Absolutely fucking brilliant.

The best thing about this story is that you robbed the protagonist of the "revenge and divorce" weapon. It's as if you hit the pause button on an old Western gunfight, took away their pistols, and then hit the play button. Okay, now what?

With no ability to hurt his wife, her lover, or anyone else who betrayed him for more than a day, what does our protagonist do? He could lash out day after day for a thousand years, but it wouldn't change anything in the morning. So instead he's forced to confront his wife and the others on a much deeper level. Again: brilliant.

I actually shouted "no!" at the end of this story because I wanted to read more. Four pages seemed like one. And now I may have to wait another week or more for the next chapter. By all means, I'm not complaining. Take your time and do it right.

It's too early to proclaim this as the best story I've ever read on this site, but it has that potential.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice

I hope to see some ass-kicking soon.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 7 years ago
One story to cover all bases.

This is a fun story. So many possibilities.

While only having most of a day to work with, you would still be able to have the story do all the standard options for the couple. Burn her, leave her, keep her. He gets to try them all. Work out the hurt with a couple murders. Spend a year's worth of days just leaving her and then decide to see what can be done to fix it if he misses her. And all paths end with him being pretty well off.

So many options!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What's going on with Julie?

The events in this chapter occurred over 27 days.

We know what he was doing, but what about Julie?

This is a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Re: What's going on with Julie?

Try understanding what you read, fucking retard. Search Groundhog Day on google.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Hahaha!

Very good ride!

Julie is a disgusting cunt and always has been so that explains how she can love her husband and cheat. She always was scum and never changed.

This is a fascinating and fun story! 5*

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
Fantastic!

5* Really great plot and allows you to explore so much. I almost wish this had been written and posted so i could read it all in one go....very much looking fwd to next installment.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Damn

A++ LW story here. I love everything about it. I admit that Julie being a long term serial cheater surprised me, especially since you did a good job of making me like her in the previous chapter with her believing and then helping Sam make sense of the time loop. I like that contrast though. I've got some predictions on how it'll all shake out and I'm eager to see how close or how far off I am.

Can't wait for the next chapter!

kubliconkubliconabout 7 years agoAuthor
From the author

Part 4 is at 8k. As written it will probably be a little longer than I would prefer, so I'm going to split it in two. Pt. 04 will be submitted tomorrow or Monday. Pt. 05 as soon as Pt. 04 comes out. That should put these next two chapters about 3-5 days apart.

Thanks for reading.

gordo12gordo12about 7 years ago
I don't get the time wasted making money

If it all disappears the next morning what's the point?

Otherwise a solid 5*

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 7 years ago
Outstanding

Gordon is right: the insider trading doesn't fit. Otherwise the plot is unconventional and brilliant.

If the time loop continues, Sam can get his revenge countless ways. If it were me, knowing they'd be busy in his marital bed at a specific time, at least one instance would involve arson: her car and his car first -- with his wife watching; and once burning the house with them inside. Why not? The next day he gets another shot, so try everything!

Yes I'm brutal that way, but cheaters deserve the most brutal comeuppance. No other offense is as clearly known to cause someone a lasting pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
BTB crowd is really revealing themselves here

What I'm hearing is that if they could get away with it, they would love nothing more than to punch, torture, maim, murder, and/or burn their wives alive.

Maybe you guys should move to Syria and see if ISIS is hiring. You'd fit right in!

DevotedWifeDevotedWifeabout 7 years ago
gordo12 and WhoGivesAShit:

I don't know if you've seen the film, but in "Groundhog Day", while the world around him never changed, what did change was the way the Bill Murray character reacted to it. He acquired skills and grew as a person, developing empathy. Any changes he made in himself carried over from one Groundhog Day to the next. For example, he started taking piano lessons, and by the end of the film, he had learned to play beautifully. If Sam's time loop functions the same way, he will be able to keep his newly-acquired risk-taking abilities in the market with him, when he finally leaves the loop.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
UNREADABLE

Why would anyone use the groundhog day movie - a COMEDY movie -- in a LW story then not tell the reader that is what is happening?

what makes that wonderful movie is that viewers quickly understand what is going on ... here the reader has no clue

ohioohioabout 7 years ago
wonderful story

Original and very creative--not to mention well-written and sometimes funny.

Thanks so much!

ohio

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ Harry

Ummm...did you read the first two chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I was a little put off at first, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. You have drawn me in, now.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
This is a very good read. 5*.

I can see a couple of ways this might be resolved, but I'll wait 'til kublicon finished the story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
I suggest you read through Harryin VA's catalogue of stories.

It'll be the best zero seconds you ever spent.

OLDJWBOLDJWBabout 7 years ago
GREAT Story

Starded slow. Your MUSE is kicking in. Can't wait for next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is

very, very good. Five Stars.

luedonluedonabout 7 years ago
Superb

I came late to this serial, and then read the whole set to date because the comments on this episode were mostly very favourable and indicated that this was something creatively different. (And the negative comments were often made by those who clearly didn't understand it.)

I agree with the positive assessments. It is also well-written and very readable. A little confusing in the beginning for those who can only vaguely remember the movie, but really good once I got into the swing of it.

LW stories generally, even the well-written ones, have difficulty in being different (and interesting) since just about every plot device has been explored ad infinitum. Kublicon, congratulations on breaking the mould.

Lue

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Remarkable

You have redeemed yourself from your rather childish beginnings. The story has proceeded apace and had kept my interest the entire time, even if it has been mostly internal.

I would like to know how soon the next chapter will be out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bing!

Where is your Ned Ryerson? Need an aside that you can go back to as needed to show your hero's mood, growth or help with a pratfall.

Watch that step! It's a doozie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I had commented on part one

but saved two to read with three.

I agree, that NOW we can see more of the depths this author is going to effectivively plumb before too many of us start to resent the over-use of the heretofore well crafted use of the actual groundhog day gimmick.

Even I bet Harry will agree that this first attempt story for you is heads and tales above many of the more frequent novice writer's freshman efforts that we readers oft are exposed to here

I think you are getting a fine response so far, and I can guarantee you at least my continuing on with the next chapters no matter where your fertile imagination and capable sense of the blend of both humor AND angst may take us.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not really liking this "Groundhogs Day" remake

You need to close this out. It's already dragged on too long.

dob092095dob092095about 7 years ago
Slow.

As some others have said, you are taking a lot of time to develop this. Too slow.

I have loved the story so far, but I read first 3 espisodes today. Just noticed it. If you are going to write such a slow developing story, consider writing it all. Then submitting one episode a day till it's done. I bet you get better response when next episode is tomorrow rather than 9-10 days.

Frankly, I hate stories where one episode comes every 9-10 days. Almost have to go back and reread to get back on track. My opinion.

user110user110about 7 years ago
fuck you and your incomplete stories

get it?

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 7 years ago
I am confused

He stole the diaries of his wife from her parents home, how did he read them over several days without stealing them every day? Being stuck in a time loop can be frustrating, don't miss little mistakes or they ruin the flow of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Emails

The emails need to go to Dr. Peters' wife 1st thing each morning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I like it slow.

Personally I like the pace. You already got the hard hitting stuff in the first chapter, and I think we'll see more soon enough. He reads through the diaries over several days by gaining access the same way as the first day. There's no need to rehash this again - that would be dragging the story along.

Once again, I enjoyed your story hope to see more

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Why drag it out?

It is only 8k? What is that? Twenty pages or 5 Lit pages?

If that 8k did NOT finish the story, I see you trying to buy more time. If it DOES, pass the load on. Don't foot drag for no reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I don't get all the useless meaningless details, and the pointless delays and maneuvering.

He can't make any money, since every morning his bank account is always the same. Who cares how he dawdles away his precious time, when he could be making so much better use of it? Like why was he wasting all his time breaking into her phone? He just has her cancel work for the day, then he compels her, by force if necessary, to give him every password and tell him every detail. He can also force her to call her mother and sister to come over for the day, then compel them to explain why they enabled his wife to be such a gutter slut. None of them will remember telling him anything, or what he did to force them to talk, so why would he refrain from just forcing people to tell him what he wants to know? I don't get his being so timid and dense. Who is he trying to protect? He can do anything he fucking wants, for one day, and the next morning he has a completely clean slate.

It was a great plot idea, but you are diverting him from the logical and obvious solutions and opportunities, as well as the inescapable facts. His wife is a mild psychopath, who no longer knows the difference between right and wrong, love and betrayal, ethics and deceit. She cannot control her sexual urges, and has assumed a level of hubris and entitlement that makes her unfit to be a wife. He has unwittingly enabled his wife's deceit by yielding to her every desire, spoiling her rotten, and accepting without question her every fault. He married a soulless female corpse, and is reaping the results. And he now knows this. He also now knows that he has no true friends, no respect from anyone, and that most of his wife's world holds him in contempt for being a weak timid clueless poltroon. I mean, what kind of man fawns over a wife who holds him in such obvious disrespect and ridicule? And he now knows this!

So why is he still wasting time on revenge or discovery or explanations? He is young, a good man, and his only problem is to get out of this time loop so he can ditch the bitch and find a real woman to love and cherish. He should start every day seeking his wife's help to end his nightmare, until he is convinced his wife can be no help. In that case he should start every day crashing her deceit down upon her, quick and relentless, then continue the day seeking whatever help he can find to end his time loop. Fuck her and her day of remorse and suffering, he has more important things to spend his time on. I wish your story was as direct and logical.

You've got plenty of chapters to salvage this, but at this point it really looks like the cuckold is going to forgive this guiltless whore. I mean, it really was JUST SEX, and obviously just sex is more important to the wife than her vows, his respect, and their marriage. Truly a most disgusting woman. Can't wait to she if she gets away with it.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Great Story!

Really like this story. 5 Stars!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years ago
Excellent stuff

As the story develops I am enjoying this fresh look at Groundhog Day and can accept that Sam's knowledge of Jules' infidelity is growing over a number of repetitive days. Like the honing of his trading account, from 20k to 7 mill, he has done this over a period of time, remembering each investment like being word perfect on learning poetry or lines of a play and able to launch his investments at the opening of trading and forget about it. Like Groundhog Day, Sam will finally establish a pattern of events on that Friday that breaks the time loop, he just has to get all his ducks in a row.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
mixed feelings

I find the time loop idea intriguing. The daily struggles to advance his personal history and get out of the loop holds my interest. I wouldn't even mind the slowness but for the incidental detail that really does not lead anywhere (such as the primer on insider trading). Tighter editing would help. Reduce some of the pointless detail and repetitiveness. The reader gets the idea by now.

While the wife's adultery provides the subject matter for advancing the plot (problem to be resolved), I do not see the point of the betrayal being so over the top as to be laughable. If anything, a single affair would be a more interesting moral problem to deal with, more subtlety to it, leaving some room for uncertainty of outcome. Now, the nature of the betrayal is so total, so complete, that the options for dealing with it are limited.

RePhilRePhilabout 7 years ago
It's ground hog day all over

Easy answer, every day he shoots her in the face. He will have daily satisfaction on the cheating shut. End of story...... thanks for writing see ya next story

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
I had to read the entire story over.

There are things I either missed or did not understand first time through. The power enema seems much more reasonable after reading how the guy beat the living crap out of him in one encounter. His wife's lover beat him badly in his own home, in his bedroom and in front of his wife. That would make a guy look for a little payback.

The wife is having some bad days as well. Her lover pounded the husband she claims to love so badly he was severely disfigured and then the husband spurned her help. On another (the same) day, he humiliates her and her lover before blowing his brains out. Imagine explaining that to her friends and family.

The other interesting part of the plot is how she believes that she loves her husband even as she humiliates and berates him to her family and friends. A bit of a paradox there.

It is not often that you can read a story in the first person where the protagonist kills himself and continues telling his story. Pretty cool!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
another film precedent

A lot of mention of Groundhog Day.

A good SF film using the same idea is "Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow" with Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent story!

It took a few chapters to become clear what was going on, and a lot of readers don't have much patience, so I suggest you ignore any negative comments from the first two chapters. I look forward to the next chapter. Thanks for posting.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
This is a growth/transition story

The 'He-Man/Women Haters Club' sees no room for growth. Shoot her in the face and be done with it!

Groan

Except, Genius, what happens when God finally gets the Time Transmission fixed and Jr Millionaire faces tomorrow with a wife shot in the face? AWKWARD!

So he is learning to make money. He is getting his scraps of flesh in ways where he doesn't face tomorrow. He gets to make his list of enemies and 'not friends' and think about what he will do to them when Saturday finally shows up.

I like watching growth stories. Wallow stories I am a bit more impatient of.

This works for me

FD45FD45about 7 years ago

Excuse me. He is getting revenge in ways where he does not FEAR tomorrow

green117green117about 7 years ago
A bit late... I too am a bit disappointed...

I was travelling, and found I was not auto logged in from the hotel - and, of course, I wasn't going to do such things at a hotel. So... a day late:

Your characterization of the wife is a bit over the top - years of serial cheating, and everyone knows. That tends to narrow the options of the protagonist, and make the antagonist less sympathetic which leads to simplistic plotting. The loop scenario is strongly protagonist centered, but also allows him the "time" to profoundly understand the other characters in the story.

I will read with anticipation, but think this choice may be unfortunate. We shall see - it could be you will do something with "character in extremis". You might make the story a bit more life affirming by having him become very sexually talented. But really what you have to do is to get him out of his loop - and that is a metaphor for the trap the BTB types are in... they want to detach, but their pain keeps them involved. If he detaches by violence, it of course either doesn't work or leaves him as a totally detached psychopath. I think you need a detachment driven by something else - and that is what I'm hoping to see.

Thanks for the effort, looking forward to the next piece.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Remember chapter 1

As of the end of this chapter, chapter 1 is still in the future for Sam. So while he says that he wants a rematch with Dr Dick, you have already changed Sam's ultimate decision in his way of handling the rematch. But you leave that chapter open ended so you can still have a great deal of maneuvering on the story. That being said, I have read some other comments here and I hope you take into consideration these things. Personally I like this story. I'm not trying to read more into this than what you write, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the thoughts of your readers. So I respectfully submit my thoughts for your consideration.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Julie

Oh Julie. Why are you such a bitch? I've been thinking on it more and you really did a good job with the previous chapter and making Julie a very likable character. Now how to square that with the truly vile things she's done? How can she make it right?The only thing I could come up with is sacrifice. She needs to make some kind of huge sacrifice to get Sam out of the loop.

As to the folks wondering why he's bothering with all the money making? Well, when and if he ever escapes from the loop he'll be rich.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
One more comment

I wish there were more authors doing this type of story. Basically a "classic" LW story but with a sci-if twist.

Reminds me of a comic book I read a ways back called Beauty. The plot revolved around a new std that made people more physically attractive but was ultimately fatal. In the first issue the main protagonist catches the disease from his wife with the obvious implication that she cheated on him. Did she do it intentionally to catch the disease? Was it a normal affair? We never find out. That plot is basically tabled in favor of some less interesting terrorism stuff. Would've really loved to see that play out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please continue, and hurry!

I think I have read nearly every worthwhile LW story on the site. I can appreciate BTB, although I tend to lean more toward reconciliation. Can't stand a cuck/sharing story - I read this stuff for stories that have emotional resonance for me, and unfortunately, that usually means the more painful, the more resonant.

This story has humor and inventive narrative, but with this last chapter, you've struck an incredibly painful chord that has really drawn me in. How he can live through this shit day after day is beyond me, and I can't wait to see how you bring this full circle. I'm hooked.

I look forward to your future stories, as well. Keep it up, kublicon, and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Somethimg to comsider

If Sam went BTB, Scorched Earth, on her and gave old Dr dick an up close and personnel discussion. Sam could repeat it over & over and get repeated satisfaction.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 7 years ago
Sorry to be obtuse

Chapter one is bothering me. The loop works only as long as he is alive. He can kill others and they will emerge alive when time loops back to the beginning of his day. However he cannot kill himself and rely on the loop to rescue him. The second he is dead it is all over. There is no person whose day is repeating itself.

Help me out here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
re: green117

Congrats. Very good idea: the time loop being a metaphor for the BTB trap, recycling 'revenge' endlessly without any closure. They're stuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
4*s

Really,so very good.Gave you🌟🌟🌟🌟😄.

I must say kublicon, in "Groundhog Day" Bill Murray spent years in the same day. Learning to ice sculpt, play piano, save an old man's life. He learned the complete lives of thirty or more persons. Including enough to nail two different women. Not counting his co-star at the end.

My point is you have so much material available that you could write dozens of chapters,lol. That brings us to a question.

So the time loop in the movie didn't end until the main character completely changed his personality. He stopped taking advantage, built an incredible skill set and used it selflessly. Then the Andie McDowell character fell in love (bed) with him. Then time move forward for him.

Where is your Andie McDowell , in this story kublicon❓

Look forward to the rest of the story, thank you👏👏👏👏.

AMerryman

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Great Transposition of Art from one media to another.

Plenty of space for creativeness. This is really great,

rnebularrnebularabout 7 years ago
Enjoying so far

Meant to comment yesterday, but had some issues with the site. That said, I agree with BigGuy, HDK and Ohio, that this series is great. There are so many things that could happen, it's fun to read. I will say that waiting sucks, but understand that writing takes time. I would love to see him actually use the repeating day to confront her, even though it might have been painful at first. Now he sounds resolved that she is a cheating slut, and shouldn't be as bothered to get some info from her. Anyhow, can't wait for the next chapter.

RNebular

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
You got me curious

So I took the entire first page of this story (1 Lit Page), copied it and transposed it to a Text File.

One Lit Page = 20 k = 12 pages of Word Document.

I assume you meant plain text since anything else is even smaller.

I am hoping that 8 k was a typo, since half a Lit page isn't enough to split in half.

Now if it was 80 (eighty) k, that is four Lit pages. One could arguably split that into two chapters.

Granted, *I* would not make that argument.

I am hoping the next chapter is not a vicarious offering of torture porn.

kubliconkubliconalmost 7 years agoAuthor
From the author

Pt. 04 was submitted yesterday,

To FD45- I read a discussion on the Lit bulletin board about story length. The general consensus was that a Lit page is about 3000-3500 words. I've found that to be close. It depends on several things, like word size and spacing.

Pt. 03, which ended up being just a hair over 3 Lit pages, was 11.2k words.

kubliconkubliconalmost 7 years agoAuthor
As soon as I hit "post," I figured it out

FD45- I'm pretty sure I'm counting "words" and you're counting "characters."

That's why our numbers are so far apart.

FD45FD45almost 7 years ago
That makes a lot more sense

I get a bit nit picky about this when I submitted a story which was 8 Lit pages long...for one chapter.

That...was bit of a surprise.

So now I pay attention a bit more attention to these things.

Honestly, I am engaged and can't wait for this to continue. So of course I want more faster.

MacDapperMacDapperalmost 7 years ago
Nicely done

Excellent story. Well written. Good pacing, engaging, funny and long enough to savor. I don’t have a problem waiting for more installments.. but will feel some regret when the story is over just because its been so much fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Superb 5*

Keep up the good work!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Alright

Now that we know the deepness of her betrayal, it's time to get some payback. But to get real payback would mean going back to the beginning. Before they were married. Well, this is fiction, isn't it? With the likelihood of that not happening, I look forward to how this turns out. Fucking cheating cunt. And all her fucking friends and family. Damn.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Sorry but the repetition is becoming repetitious.

45+ "day"s later and it's longer and less entertaining than the movie.

At least Bill Murray learned from his experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

The story keeps revealing bits and pieces of the puzzle. As the last paragraph states taking you in unexpected directions.

Great story that gets better and more intriguing with each chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I have to disagree with Rightbank.. It's getting more interesting with every page!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Getting good

More interesting each chapter. Like NetFlix, these older stories don't make you wait for next chapter.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago
Re: rightbank

"At least Bill Murray learned from his experience."

Harold Ramis said that Bill Murray was stuck in his time loop for 10 years... So 45 days for the protagonist in this story is still really early days!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Can’t

Three chapters in and the story is going in circles. I can’t do any more of it. I wasn’t that crazy about “Groundhog Day” either but it least held my interest. I totally lost interest in this half way through this chapter. There’s no way I can do three more chapters of this. I...Am...Out!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Without doubt,

this must rank as the second worse story I've ever TRIED to read, here in Literotica. And other one also dealt with this "time loop" BS. It's also pretending to be very clever but ultimately it's just as stupid and going nowhere, as this likely will also happen.

EDGE OF TOMORROW, etc. are okay and fun only when it is done for the first time, if it is NOT over-done, and especially when it is done well.

but when you keep writing the same BS over and over, from chapter to the next, back and forth, back and forth.... it becomes really boring, trying, and annoying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Just Have To Say

This story sorta has the same premise as the movie “Groundhog Day”. I didn’t care for the movie and I pretty much see this story headed the same way. I don’t think I’ll read any more of it. It’s just not my cuppa tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Second time through

Absolutely love the story. Incredibly imaginative and witty.

calflashcalflashabout 4 years ago
Unbelievable

Not much makes sense in this story. Especially his realizations of his shortcomings and steps to overcome them and yet no Improvement in their sex life. Dosen't make sense to go through all that explanation with no results.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"I was a lousy lay. I couldn't satisfy her in bed." - It's been a long time since I've read this, so I don't know if I've said this before, but if he was SO bad in bed that she was cheating even before they got married, then why get married?

"She didn't want to make me angry or shame me." - No, she'd rather cheat on him.

"If our sex life was a deal breaker, she shouldn't have said "I do." She had options. Break up with me. Try to help me get better. Or live with me as I was." - As I said above.

I disagree with him on the "exclusive" issue. Exclusivity isn't assumed. On the other hand I think you should be exclusive before you have sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
this is crushing

I'm not sure how much more of this I can read.

I five starred this again, because to be blunt, this is some compelling writing.

But it's killing me to read it.

At least he didn't go all pity-party, I wouldn't even be writing this, I would have just 1 starred and moved on.

I'll give ch. 4 a try... mostly because of the compelling character story, but also morbid curiosity!

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great!!!

You are an extremely talented and thought provoking writer. I really look forward to Sams resolution!!!

johsunjohsunabout 3 years ago

This is a seriously intriguing story. Can't stop reading it.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

No follow up by cops?? Not realistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

welll aswhole ,,,, dam this is really good story....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear lord, this is worse than according music, at least more painful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a really good story but jeez I hope the next chapter finally has the confrontation I've been waiting for lol

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

so is the solution the end of the first part where he ills himself or maybe he can't kill himself since it just ground hogs day over and over again? On the part 4

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Somewhat better, at least it follows a straight timeline (really?).

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Enjoying your build up in the story. A great telling of this fictional tale. I am enjoying this read. Thanks for your writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous