All Comments on 'By My Side'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just wondering

What happened to their respective Exes? Perhaps a possible mention of their fate in a sequel? Really hoping for a sequel.

jaybird8100jaybird8100about 7 years ago
Perfect romance entry....I hope there will be some more chapters on Emma & Gary

Your story flows well and characters are believable. I pray that you continue this series with Emma & Gary's lives. Would be curious to what happened to Marlene & Todd's case. You are an excellent writer and I urge you to continue with more! Thanks, five stars and great read! "_

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nope

I've liked all your other previous stories and they were great. When I read this it just seemed out of your style.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 7 years ago
Sometimes,,,

,,,It's refreshing to read a feel-good story. This one is well written. I agree with jaybird, there's a lot left in their story, and in what they left behind.

fixer43fixer43about 7 years ago
Forget the ex'es

Marlene gets knocked up, Todd stays in jail, or she recants, they get married and end up living in the small town doing menial jobs...

Girl (or guy) next door stories are always romantic, especially if well written. Everyone else sees it (it's about fucking time...).

Another chapter about 'life in the big city' would wrap it up nicely.

Dusu68Dusu68about 7 years ago
Good, but not your best

Your Ben Shephard series are the best I have read here on Lit.com. This one is a sweet story, like you said in your intro. I do look forward to more stories by you.

xxxDaveFreemanxxxDaveFreemanabout 7 years ago
Very nice

I loved the story, thank you for writing it.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 7 years ago
Sweet - and that's a good thing

Nice story about two good people and sometimes good things happen to good people. I'll look forward to another chapter of their new start in life. Thanks for a nice innocent story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awwww

What a sweet romance! I can see the future ... He becomes the CFO of a major company, she opens her own fitness franchise, they have two beautiful children. Meanwhile, back in their little hometown, the old girlfriend and boyfriend become drug addicts and regret the day they lost the best people to ever happen to them. Loved the story.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 7 years ago
Not a Short Story?

Considering most of your stories range from 15 to 30 pages, I think this 6 pager can be called a short story. Again, like your many other works, the main characters were built up quite nicely. The romance was there, the struggles of friendship over love over both was nice. I hope there will be more for these two.

ZigmysterZigmysterabout 7 years ago

Again! Another top notch story. 5 stars!

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
a girl next door love story

very romantic.

thanks

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years ago
Sweet

Well done, nicely told, 5 stars all the way.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Perfect!

Perfect story, what really is a youthful romance, with a promising future.

Perhaps the author plans a sequel in the future?

As another comment indicates, it would be good to know how their future relationship develops, the work that each of them achieve, if they get married and have children ... you know, everything that traditional romanticism implies (I am an Old romantic :)).

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

WitchfanWitchfanabout 7 years ago
More please

I agree it does warrant many more sequels!

arrowglassarrowglassabout 7 years ago
Really sweet love story with a perfect ending!

You are my favorite author...and this just reinforces that!

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 7 years ago
Masterful as always

Yet another tour de force. Bravo!

My only point of criticism is that "Francis" is the masculine form of the name. The feminine form is "Frances." :)

DestinyReaderDestinyReaderabout 7 years ago
great story

Hope to see this continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Do not continue, good as is

This is great as it is. They have professed love for each other. After being lifelong friends they need to be lifelong soulmates. If you do a follow-up you will throw pain into their lives and i will have to hate you for doing it!

jetpacksamjetpacksamabout 7 years ago
I liked it

A sequel is in order.

Minor problem though, they both were witnesses, they wouldn't be allowed to leave without a promise to return, When you write a sequel, you should cover that, namely how Gary and Emma tell the truth, that it wasn't rape. I like it very much.

dreamer3366dreamer3366almost 7 years ago
Stop

This was a wonderful love story so be done with it and let us remember them as a happy couple starting out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I would like more

But please don't ruin a love story by adding kink like a threesome which proves there was really no love there or cheating which proves the same...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Hope to see more of this story but I agree about no threesomes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Highschooler advising accounting?

Does no one else find it unlikely that a high schooler would be advising multiple business owners on accounting? Other than that the story was cute

audovoiceaudovoicealmost 7 years ago
Good story!

It was a nice story. I can see how it is the start of a new chapter on their life. If it got kinky and if it doesn't I think has more to do with where the plot goes and either way would be fine.

To the one person who didn't think his work relationship was believable. I don't think it is that odd for a math wiz who wants to get into accounting would help out some small business he is also working at. A lot of people are terrible at math. Plus it fairly common for the protagonist to be really good at something in particular. It is not like he is a crack marksman or blackbelt. He is just an aspiring accountant who is a diligent worker and amateur musician.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another great story!

A love story we dream about and wish we had! Thank you again for weaving a tale so beautiful to behold!, David

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
EXCELLENT!

A wonderful story with amazing potential for even more. Thank you for sharing your talent and hard work.

WaahooWaahooalmost 7 years ago
Nice Story

unusually short, when compared to your other stories. Well written and enjoyable. thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really?

You write men who are absolute idiots. Your characters couldn't ever function in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Awesome

Loved this story and would very much like to see it continue into a series. There are so many different directions you could take. Until next time.

Cra$h73

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well done

Regardless of whether you choose to do a sequel to this or not it's a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sequel Plz

Great story. Would be nice to see a sequel for this kind of story. Usually doesn't happen, but I always wonder what it would be like for childhood friends after becoming lovers.

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 6 years ago
Good storyline but not great yet

For me this story had too many gaps in it and it definitely needs a sequel to answer so many questions. As pointed out by others what happened to their ex's? How and what did their parents say when they told them that they were going to the big city together? Did they just take off without saying something, I think not. Did they actually achieve there chosen career paths? Did they eventually get married and have children? The list goes on. This story is far from finished. This is not a 5 star story yet but it could be.. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ sorry you could only pushed my imagination so far..

LucivarSDLucivarSDover 6 years ago
Sequel

If a sequel to this ever does come out, I hope it's tied into Natalie's Valentine. It'd offer a ready made workplace and cast of characters, plus it's a good story.

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Great story

I actually enjoyed this. But then I am a sucker for a happy ending!

It very much begs a sequel!

cantgetenough2cantgetenough2over 6 years ago
Sweet mild story

Great mild story with a nice long buildup. It worked very well. Thanks.

It is a nice start. Fun to imagine two friends in a new city learning all about life and sex together.

FeyGranddad95FeyGranddad95over 6 years ago
Where's The Sequel?

This could go on for many chapters and it really should. The next one can fill in the blanks about their respective families' reactions, their settling in and new jobs. You have created charming characters and you do so much with your continuing story of the Shepherd. If you're not going back to that, then this could be a new series. In fact, it should be anyway. I like the idea of a tie in with Sonja and Natalie but I don't see these kids being in New York. Maybe they could meet through Emma doing some modeling - catalog work since she's not described as a runway model. Are they even in the same era? I really want to know more about these characters as well as the others. It's the usual five stars but sequels could be 10 or 15 or more.

Thanks for sharing,

Jack

slm59slm59about 6 years ago
More Please!!!

I loved reading this one and would love to see you continue the story. Thanks!

EasyReader44EasyReader44over 5 years ago
Who are we kidding

All of BR`s stories are so very well written that every single one could have multiple chapters. Thank You BR for all your excellent writing.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 5 years ago
Consistently one of the best!

Leaving everything else aside... there is just so much heart in what you write that you can't help but feel personally invested in the tales you tell.

This is truly a rare gift.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 5 years ago
I always enjoy girl-next-door stories...

mainly because I married one. We met in grade school and dated through high school. Having a mate whom you've known nearly all your life is incredibly satisfying.

Great story of best friends turning into lovers. Thanks.

TennisGalTennisGalalmost 5 years ago
Absolutely Brilliant and Heartwarming!!

Words aren't enough to enthuse how much I enjoyed this tale and all the others from BurntRedStone! I will admit I have not read your sci-fi and non-human stories but I absolutely cannot get enough of your stories in the other categories.

This story really tugged at my heartstrings as did the "Shifting" stories and Shepherd series. I really am hoping there will be continuation to this story and also the Shifting series. Really cannot get enough!!!

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 5 years ago
Love reading your stories again and again!

You never fail to put out top notch tales!!!!!

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Beautiful and Touching

Absolutely perfect story of young love.

BlueRocket126BlueRocket126almost 5 years ago
One word...

A-MA-ZING seriously this is another perfect example of why I love your stories, keep them up as they are brilliant. Your talent is special and a gift which not many people have.

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501almost 4 years ago
heartwarming

So predictable yet so nice. Characters that you care about. Well told. Thank you for a nice ending to a traumatic evening.

KappachinoKappachinoover 3 years ago

Damn it's so predictable. Not the worst but yeah...

Ginger630Ginger630over 3 years ago

Soooooo sweet! Love this!

More please!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good english.

no obnoxious ´of offs´

no typos that i remember.

one the few writers on lit that knows the diff between the verbs to lie and to lay.

that´s all i remember.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding needs a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic. More chapters please.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very nice story! So enjoyable. Thanks

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

Short but very sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The love making between Emma and Gary doesnt feel earned. When the twist of a story is already a foregone conclusion you have to make it worth it once you hit the climax.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

It was a short but very good story. Im glad i took time to read it. Enjoyed the characters and the premise. Would have loved to hear more about these 2 young lovers as life progressed.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice American fairy tale...

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

A lovely sefcontained story, and if you continue it I will read it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ANOTHER WEAK WIMP MC, GARY

shayneoneshayneonealmost 2 years ago

well done looking forward to part two be well and happy a fan shayne

BlueFellowBlueFellowalmost 2 years ago

Loved it, now for the sequel.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 2 years ago

A truly poignant story. Written well with a lot of emotion. I loved it.

anubeloreanubelorealmost 2 years ago

Wait...so because Todd was an unmitigated prick, it's just fine and dandy for him to go to jail because of Marlene's false rape claim? He was on drugs too. Otherwise truly lovely story, but that bit, realistic though it is, really bugged me. He didn't rape her, she's a slut and he's an empty-headed, thuggish jackass with a penis for a brain. But she gets to skip away, while he potentially gets raped in prison. Justice. Not.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

You’ve been busy it appears. While not my normal genre to stalk, I do stalk your stories. Beautiful start and I can’t wait to jump to the sequel. 5*

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story! So glad I waited to read this until after you published the sequel! Thank you for this terrific story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

I love all of BurntRedstone's stories, but this one I waited until the next installment came out before I began reading it. And, of course, it was a truly wonderful story, however I noted that one commenter opined that while the idiot Todd is getting charged with rape, the manipulative slut, Marlene, gets off, but he was always going to screw up his life at some point, hopefully this way he won't drag a relatively innocent girl and/or any kids down with him. (I do hope that the fickle-finger-of-fate matches Marlene up with a boring, older, Accountant). And I agree with what many other commenters have said, it was beautiful! Thank you and more please! ;-) TTFN

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICalmost 2 years ago

What a beautiful, touching love story. I had to smile after finishing the story. BurntRedstone, did you have a date and location of when and where the story took place?

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 2 years ago

I first read the second part which is fantastic if you want to know! I would say the second is better than this one and it is good. Well written, excellent characters and dialogue all around entertaining and a pleasure to read! I couldn’t ask for more if I paid for it!!

I see a combination of stories in the future that would make an excellent ebook. I know this author has several and I have purchased a couple and plan more when I get caught up with my reading! So many books to read and so little time!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

This is so lovely ...... And knowing your partner since growing up togehter, walking the fields, running the classes and stepping the stairsof adulthood, that sound fabulous ...... And the respect the knowledge the magnetism is already settled

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Noting like a wimpy beta male love story I wonder who she'll cheat with first?

GreWulfGreWulfover 1 year ago

xhristianj

At least he's not in jail snuggling up with Bubba.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gary's father was a real piece of shit!!!

Emma is a skank loading and Gary is too wimpy to see it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

As usual your stories are excellent. I reread this one so that the next part falls in place as it should. I've not been back at Lit for a while so I was pleased to find more of your stories posted. I'll catch up on yours before I look elsewhere. Anony Mouse

tsgtcapttsgtcapt7 months ago

So much loving fun! Thank you!

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Excellent story no matter how many times around! 5 BIG ASS STARS and another thank you to the best Author here at Literotica.

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

Ha, I was the last one to comment and here I am after finishing the story once more! Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS once again! Funny thing happened, I received a comment from an Anonymous reader who tried to tell me about how wrong I was about the dot dot dots, I know what they are called but I have a question for the Chicken Shit Anon who left me no way to defend myself. I taught College level English Literature and I was an Editor in Chief for a well known Publishing Co., and a Field Editor for a well know World Renowned Hunting Mag while living in Fairbanks Alaska. My question to him would have been, how many dot dot dots do you find in any Novel that you purchase from the shelves to take home to read? How many compound words would you find in that Novel? Only at Literotica will you find such dribble! So to the Chicken Shit Anon, Piss off you Amateur commentor, you don't know shit!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story. Well written. From best friends to lovers going int o a new life. The second story is even better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

How fortunate to find each other through trial and error. Not much time was lost in living and loving each other also. It's fiction, but the fairytale story reads like lucky young 'soulmates'... plus the 'country mice become the city mice'...

chasbo38chasbo3812 days ago

Reads like the script for a Hallmark channel story but with a sexual ending rather than a closed mouth kiss !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9769 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories