All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 05'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 783 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

A good story but sorry, I find Honor completely without honor. He is an arrogant self centred, narcissistic asshole, who thinks only of himself. I know people like him who think everything is about them. A totally dishonourable man who should take a good look in the mirror. His wife made a huge mistake but his handling of the whole thing was absolutely unconscionable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I'm done, why were you included in 'legends day'? First chapter great, but down hill ever since. There's a reason why it sat unpublished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
TTT this is excellent

You always were a good writer and this story is among your best. Your characters are human and they are flawed, but they try. Sort of like real life. It is what makes your stories well worth the read. *****

thank you

DarkPulseDarkPulseabout 7 years ago
God dammit

Fucking hell. Just fucking hell. First chapters harped on the hesrt strings but now you're just playing a damn symphony. We knew Honor was flawed, Beth extremely so, but with this new revelation with the drugs and blackmail... God dammit. Makes one wish Honor, or, well... Arnold, would track Fred and put him into a coma. Or grave.

Both man and wife are a bit to blame here although the latter deserves most of it. I'd still say that whole damn town owes him an apology, and good fucking riddance to them even if they do get their collective heads out of their asses. Beth seems to have come to terms with it all now, Arnold almost so. We can only wait and see how this collimates and concludes. If they can come together, or finally burn that last bridge and walk away.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverabout 7 years ago
Remarkable

Just freakin remarkable. What wonderfully flawed, very sympathetic characters.

If he could bend just a little, they could live happily ever after. If she had trusted just a little more, if she had been just a little less child like, they could have lived happily ever after.

TTT, you are a master at this and I can not express how good it is to have you writing again in the LW category. Jeeze, what a story!

I understand that the LW category has become toxic, and the scores no longer reflect the value of the stories offered, but there are a lot of us that are very grateful to those authors still willing to offer their work. The number of comments and favorites may be the best way to gauge real reactions, along with the content of comments by those you trust to be honest with you (other authors and fans that show a penchant for constructive criticism). For those authors still willing to post, many of us are grateful.

Wow, what a remarkably good story. One of your very best.

Francis_Toliver

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Now that, is a story

Thanks TTT. You lived up to the billing. This put everything in its proper perspective. I have no idea how you're going to keep the rest from being anti-climactic, but I know you'll find a way. I would have written myself out of a story here, but you'll pull it off. Top-shelf writing. Maybe the best chapter yet. Randi.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
It is disgusting that people are actually accusing honor of being being Twisted & self Centered

Let's go over some basic rules for the fucking idiots out there . If your spouse is working too hard before you go off and fuck somebody else 40 times like the wife did in the story you are required to talk to your spouse and tell them that you are unhappy.

This is especially true if there are very young children or babies involved.

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Most of this works for me

She outlined her reasons for cheating and being extremely upset at him. I don't understand why she felt she had to mimic his hike, but hey, women. So I buy that.

She has good reason to angry at him. This is not to say she is justified in her cheating actions, but just because one is a cheater doesn't mean one can't be wronged by the cheated upon. His abandonment was understandable, but immoral.

As to why she cheated. It is your story. You know the characters. You know their inner thoughts. So if you tell me it was drugs, I am forced to believe you. However

I. DON'T. BUY. IT.

You had her bouncing on a cock, enjoying life in chapter one. Did I hear about clouds of reefer in the air? Did I I read about a blunt between her lips? Am I to believe that super mom was going to get DRUNK and HIGH in the middle of the day with KIDS coming back to her house...and expect her husband or her kids to detect any of this?

You say it's true. It flipped my suspension of disbelief switch to 'off'.

The writing, the details, the emotions, the reasoning (sans drugs, of course) were all first rate and we are FINALLY where I want this story to be, dealing with the huge emotional issues raised in chapter one and left languishing for the next three chapters.

One little nit pick. I happen to know a bit about camping as well. What Arnold is engaging in is 'effete power walking', dependent on cell service and stores to meet his needs. He might as well be 'camping' in NYC the way he is going about it.

Still, if I had to walk the Trail at my age, I would probably do something similar. But I wouldn't run down people who did it a different way. Sir 'Runs between Stores' sounds a bit of an elite snob.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
If you are going to blamethe husband.... THEN

Please try make the case of how Honor actions are worse and more destructive to the marriage the town and the kids done with the wife did. I love to hear that sort of reasoning.

Saying that his actions are worse than her actions or unconscionable is not good enough. You have to State how and why his actions are worse.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
As far as the story itself goes this is Master piece

The Shenandoah Valley scene including the sex interval with that thunderstorm really well done. It's believable it's realistic and I could see that these two people who at one point loved each other very much or having one last night knowing that the marriage is over.

But more impressive is the entire conversation.Honor is set in hisways.... It's either black or white right or wrong for him. Yet even though he is strict on a personal level he is not an asshole he is warm considerate and kind of other people until this happened to his marriage.

Beth Still doesn't understand exactly what she did wrong or how she got that way. For example SAYING you fuckrd the other guy three times when it turns out to have been 40 times ....is the epitome of the problem. Simply because she WANTS to think it was only three times even though it was 40 time ....doesn't make her argument anymore valid. 40 x is 40 x and no amount of wishing can change that

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Harry

Who said they were worse than the wife's?

Shooting a person dead is murder. Shooting a person and hurting a person is a lesser crime, but it is still a crime.

His actions were not as bad as his wife. But they were certainly sadistic, manipulative, and hurtful ON PURPOSE. He admitted as much last chapter. He knew she couldn't keep the company afloat. He knew she would be the most hated person in town. He knew his kids were hurting from his absence, he knew the town would die without him...and he is spending his time gnawing on the lips of a red head half his age and drinking like a fish, not caring a bit.

Yay him! Let's give him a medal as his kids cry themselves to sleep. As the children of his workers watch their parents die a little every day for a lie of omission which would ruin their lives.

I understand his pain. I am not excusing the OTHER results of his choices...and neither is TTT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One of the

Best stories I have read on LW!!!

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
Harry is wrong

This is a great chapter, and I don't know what story he read. It wasn't this one. I read not one word of "his actions were worse than hers." Her actions precipitated the whole crisis. Nothing she did was acceptable, and TTT said no such thing and made no such claim.

Surely his actions of bailing on his kids can't be seen as anything less than reprehensible, but none of that excuses her. I can't imagine leaving our kids for that extended time for any reason. He screwed the pooch, there, but it is understandable to some degree. He was looking for clarity, he just did the wrong thing to get it. Honor becomes human. Full marks from me.

lonelypappalonelypappaabout 7 years ago
A GREAT S8TORY

THIIS ISNT thie end........not yet anyway........again a 5 from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

The first comment said he was worse than the wife.

That aside, he couldn't handle being betrayed by his wife, his best friend, his mother, sister, and basically the whole town and bailed for awhile to get his head together. Not the actions of a perfect father, but it was also temporary. He's back now, but even while he was gone he supported his wife, children and even his mother financially, and once he got the DNA results, called home every day.

His wife's accusations of total abandonment are exaggerated, and pretty rich considering he had to track her down because she wasn't coming back.

Cog

P.S. Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellently written...but off enough to seem strange...

As a previous commentator mentioned, it seems...upsetting that for all the hemming and hawing going on at the beginning of the 'tall tale' (pun intended), you chose the drugged up route as your rationale. Necessary, I suppose, in order to protect Beth's fragile grip on sanity, but still upsetting. The only other option would probably have been either suicide or psychiatric incarceration.

Also, what bugs me the most is the last line detailing his supposed loss of 'Honor' according to him and the soon-to-be ex-wife. THAT, more than anything, is a real slap in the face to your readers. Sure, he may not have handled things well, but HIS response to betrayal is rather justified, whereas HER response to abandonment before the cheating and after he left were, in a word, NOT. Thus, the percieved loss of 'Honor' was in her terms, not his, and he deserves very little of the responsibility given him. Still, good job on such an emotionally packed tale, and while I disagree with the presented reasons, will anxiously await the welcome conclusion with Jane and his new family.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Ain't Tolkien Bout ' Love ! Excuses, excuses alternated along with inane alibis: how Tx Tale Tales bernie madoff-ed himself, his singular talent and the Loving Wives audience

This flatulent and bloated epic could have conceivably displaced WWWM series and DanielQSteele1 as an all time addictive read . But noooo . Tx Tall Tales has the talent to that. No doubt . But this is where he went wrong as in Heaven's Gate, Waterworld , Battlefield Earth wrong.

The POV completely centered around Honor was too limited in scope for all the multifarious characters and activities. This story is basically an inept version of " The Return of the King " by Tolkien . Aragorn was not the exclusive centerpiece and in fact was a supporting character. Fred and Dale's parts should have been amped up to the Nazgul and Sauron.

Pick one of the wise old heads in Newfoundland for Gandalf the white. The POV should have been 3rd person omniscient to skip to various skirmishes. The supreme ring would have been represented by Honor's latest invented brainchild that allows him to return to his hometown in triumph and depose those who would profane the sacred Shire.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
He has a black and white view of right and wrong...

But so what? EVERYBODY knew that about him. They could have chosen not to be in his life, or not to work for him, and to not be subject to the consequences of doing him wrong in his eyes.

His only real mistake was going so far away from his kids. He could have pulled the plug on everyone who stabbed him in the back without leaving town at all.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
ON THE WAY OUT IF YOU CANT LEAVE EM" LAUGHING

take the EZ way out , up and forward, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Cuckboy

Don't bother with another chapter, fd45 is even commenting like a cuck,never would have thought that of him.he must have decided to leave the closet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Speaking of "flatulent and bloated"

I think that's a perfect description of Puppy Lord. How apt! The most moronic and bloated ego on the site, coming from someone who has yet to write one word, other than said flatulent comments.

Do you imagine that anyone has any respect for you or anything you say, Puppy Lord? Go pimp MM and xleglover and leave the rest of us to enjoy a story that you couldn't have written in your wildest dreams. TexasTallTales has credibility and respect here, you don't. I know at least three authors have started just deleting your ass. I wish more would. Great story, awesome chapter.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Excellent

Great chapter. No amount of drugs could be blamed for her behavior. She did it, she knows it, she fucked up. Everyone and everything. Business included. Now just a matter of time before his new love becomes a permanent part of his life. And his Canadian family who won't betray him. One last thing, in an earlier chapter my comment mentioned him using his real name, Arnold, to be able to move forward. Triple T, I'm glad that occurred. This sounds to be all downhill from here. Excellent work.

Five Big Stars

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
Great story!!

So well written TTT!! Another 5 *s. Can hardly wait for the next chapter.

I really dislike the negative personal comments made to you...or any other writer and most especially those made by non-writers.

I think you have very great talent and are a brilliant story teller. Write On!!! And thank you for the great read.

Vincent0901Vincent0901about 7 years ago
Reconciliation

After death of his father he tried to be good to everyone but him: mother, sister, whole town. That is the reason he sees the life in black and white. If he will move with Jane it will be the same Honor. I am sure TTT will surprise me

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
This is a very good story, and...

This is a very good story, and this is the best chapter until now. I just saw a very little issue: when he said: "I'll be a lot pickier about who I hire."! How is that possible if the whole town worked for his previous company? Only if he hired outsiders...4*

icebreadicebreadabout 7 years ago
Yep still bloody good.

Looking forward to the final chapter. I think I know how it will end but feel free to surprise me..

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 7 years ago
like its has been said all through life

it's harder to the live and do the right thing, fucking up is easy. I find it funny how the blame keeps getting shifted to honor for doing the right thing.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
Ruined a great story

The drugs made me do it is a shitty deus machina - and does not fit the plot, so everyone in town knows about the sex, but not the drugs? BS on steroids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The world

The world is not black and white it is many shades of grey. Put a workaholic in a family situation and you end up with a shipwreck. Now he will give up being a workaholic and live the life he should have led

Danger09Danger09about 7 years ago
Don't understand the high rating

The story kinda suck'd. I still got the feeling that the blame was being shift to honor. There was a million excuses, he worked too much, I was lonely, I was high, maybe he drugged me... Oh, please. I just don't think honors reaction to finding out his wife is a whore is normal. First off why would he leave his kids with this cum slut alone? I didn't feel Beth was taking any responsibilities, things got tough she ran away, just like when things got tough at home and instead of her getting a JOB she ran away from honor, her vows & her children to Fred and dales dicks. Him going back to the town/people that watched/helped his wife betray him is not normal, looking for a runaway slut is not normal, sleeping with the slut is not normal... The story was lame‼️ 5 series of nothingness. What about his mother and sister, the sister that hates him? This story just didn't do it for me. The storyline is just bullshit. I didn't like any of the characters--honor included.

Alfonso435Alfonso435about 7 years ago
Loved it!!

Can't wait for the next chapter. I think the introduction of drugs were a bit of a let down but I am damed if I can think of an alternative reason for her cheating.

Hurry up with the next chapter.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
I Hate Reconciliation

However much I deplore the raw stupidity of reconciling with a cheating spouse and continuing the marriage I think that is what he should do here. Running off with some fantasy girl is a big mistake. She is his escape from a shitty reality and he is her meal ticket to the big time. Stupid. Then there is this:

"Tell me, Honor, how honorable is it to run away from your two children who did nothing wrong. Tell me that!"

She is right! Just because someone punches you in the face, it does not justify hurting other people! If he really believed his wife was a stupid slut, why the fuck did he think he should leave his kids in her care? She was using drugs and having fuck-fests in his living room. I get throwing her out, using his power to get full custody, and breaking the backs of everyone who fucked him over while rebuilding the business with new people in a more business-like manner.

"Honor" is a pathetic character. He is a weak emotionally undeveloped man. Beth is similar in her small town trashy way. Janie is a hick at best and a gold digger at worst. Not much good can come from a mixture of any of these characters. Much like the news stories of cheating gone really bad - the players are ALL scum. So, "Honor" might as well take Beth back, try to raise his kids in an intact household, rebuild his company, man up and pay back all those who deserve it. No need to make amends with his mother or sister. Remake his life in a way that suits him and protects him from bullshit.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 7 years ago
This has the juices flowing, but

I am having a problem with the ease he drops his wife, and how after a few drunken nights, he has become infatuated with his cousin, and I still think she's his cousin. The finality of their last night together was depressing to me. The idea that a girl, (cousin?) he parties with a few times could become so important to an overachiever like him is hard to accept. I understand how much readers hate reconciliation, but it seems that guys that dump the wife and find a better woman (cousin?) at the next family get together are pretty common... in fiction. In reality, not so much.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Secrets

In the story it was said that secrets couldn't be kept in that small town. If that was true, then why wasn't he told what was going on or why didn't he over hear the talk about what was going on. Little weird huh?

Looks like both grew up a little in this chapter. However it is another childhood romance dead and buried.

Too bad you gave Fred an easy out.

Nice movement forward in this chapter.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 7 years ago

Why are you making him the bad guy? His wife is a cheating bitch and he believes it's his fault? That's just terrible writing.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

I think that showing honor as being part of the problem is realistic, Hell you take your woman for granted and stop doing the little things that women like and you open the door for trouble. Married or girlfriend, dont matter if you dont keep up your A game, Some asswipe guy will fuck her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hummmmm

Glad you dumped the name of Honor, so far he does not deserve it.I agree with Sugna, take her back and build a new life and marriage, I have seen first hand how not doing so after an affair continues to damage lives for years to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Two different things

One thing is the talk about the state of their marriage. They can split the blame if you can. They both made mistakes.

BUT... the talk about HER cheating is a different thing and she should own it 100%. His traveling, not being around, or whatever you want is realted to the first problem, not the second. He has no blame at all for her cheating. It was her decision. She was the one who let herself get into that, because deep inside she wanted it. I buy half of her excuses even if she was drugged. SHe put herself into that situation, not once but three times, She never trusted her husband about it or about the state of their marriage. She is the only one to blame for this situation, not him.

Still a great story, turned a little bit soap opera to me. I'm glad they're not heading to reconciliation, to me there is no way to forgive what she did. They relationship is dead.

In any case you're writing a masterpiece here, hands down one of the three best stories around, I'll let you pick the other two (I don't count WWM because the bastard DQS1 never ended it, and I don't vote for incomplete stories).

Great work, justs bring it home.

The Reviewer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wasn't into the ending

Honor's whole trip was distracting to me, and kind of confusing. Who is family? who isn't? Must have natural talent to still be that good on guitar. It seemed too sudden and unlikely. And for such a great man he seemed to abandon his kids pretty easy. I get Beth crushed his world, but he picked up with Janie pretty quick. I get not all stories end with reconciliation, but the last couple chapters just dragged it our; it was made obvious he was leaving Beth. Guess it does show the risk of marrying the only woman he thought he loved at an early age, without knowing what else is out there. Even though I did not care for how it developed, it is you story to tell which you did well. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Finally honor gets a reality check

Say, honor winds up with jeanie. Who's to say he won't put his business first, like in his first marriage ??? if he had learn his lesson, why not stick it out with bb ?? Thr kids, years, memories......

what's stopping him from building a new life with bb...

Lets not forget, everything takes two to tango.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
Kimi and FD45

The very first comment in the feedback section is by an anonymous poster who makes it very clear that's the reason all this happen is because honor it is a asshole and disgusting piece of shit..... How you can go read the comments then claim that nobody's actually saying that when the very first comment says that..

. It's beyond me.

Next time pay attention kids

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks for this great effort.

All a bit telegraphed though and I do find it annoying how the victims of betrayal invariably then find the true love of their lives so often on this site. So yes reservations but well done none the less.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 7 years ago
Back on track *****

Chapters 1 & 2 are awesome. I am a huge fan of your stories but chapters 3 & 4 was a shift in gears that took the drama out of the first two. Now having finished chapter 5 (which I enjoyed very much) the story is back on track. I know the character Beth did some really stupid stuff, but after reading chapter 5 where she is fleshed out as a real person, I feel bad for her. She messed up and she knows she messed up. I wish there was someway for a reconciliation. Not likely I know...but still Beth isn't evil.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Beth becomessage a sympathetic character again

Not that she was ever a succubus, but I find myself kind of pulling for her again. I prefer morally flawed characters, as they most accurately describe the true human condition. Quite a conundrum you're building to. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

He's dumping her, no wait he's fucking her in the ass, no wait he's dumping her

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Great story

Yeah, the characters are mostly flawed people. That is what makes the story interesting. Interesting comments as well. I think the writing is excellent and the plot is compelling and this is TTT's strongest writing to date. Five stars for sure. In terms of plot, I think he will end up with Janie and I don't think she would ever betray him.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
It's starting to sink into LW cliche

The new romance while he's on the run and the convenient confession that Beth was drugged were disappointments. Honor needs to realize that he's having a rebound infatuation with Jane and getting away from his gone to shit life and that his focus for now needs to be on his children, not a new country, business or partner.

And the drugging of the cheating wife needs to be revealed as BS created to manipulate him into returning to be the gravy train for the town that has no respect for him or common decency..That'd probably be another cliche, but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Big improvement on chapters 3 and 4 which were way too slow. Honor was being self indulgent and it seemed to affect the author!

Honor is a hardass and is now seeing that life is more complicated than he thought. But it would be unrealistic for them to get back together now.

Gomez333Gomez333about 7 years ago
Against the trend

A bit like JohnTCooksey I've got to say I'm leaning towards RAAC in this instance. No way I can account for this, just the way the tale has left me feeling. But then I am a cuck Brit........

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Loved It!

“I felt like shit, for a whole slew of reasons.” – Stop blaming yourself!

“I'm going to find BB and drag her ass back home." – Let her go, you’re better off without her! Fix the company, set up the bi-lateral companies and divorce her for abandonment!

“Did I love her?” – Of course he does!

Oh, no! Don’t go there! “Oh, she was drugged! She felt guilty; she couldn’t talk to him.” I call bullshit on that one! The FIRST time he came to her door after the first screw she should have kicked him in the balls, not allow him in!

“Do we have a chance?” "Probably not. I'm sorry. There's too many lies, too many betrayals, too much deception." – Thank God! Stick to it!

"Like you have room to talk. You disappeared for months. Hell, you weren't much of a father for the last couple of years” – Um, he had good reason to leave, and left the kids with their MOTHER! And he was building and running the business that supported his family, the town and their extended families; excuse him if he couldn’t be everything to everyone! She saw what it was like trying to be a mother and run the business!

So, SHE’S just human and makes mistakes, but he isn’t allowed to?

“I was hoping to get away from it for a while on this hike. I need to get rid of the stress” – She talked about HIM “running away.” He was just doing the same thing!

“Terrible thoughts.” – Probably what many of us were thinking, that she was considering suicide.

“Betray the town hero, break his heart, and see how many friends you have.” – She had plenty of friends until she was discovered, they were all covering for her.

I hope he sticks to this being their end. Before he commented on it I caught her calling him "Arnold."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Ximand

It's not that he wasn't WORTHY of being called Honor, it's that it was the link to her childhood connection with him that is now severed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Not a song lyric in sight, or sound, or whatever. A much better chapter with lots more motion in it. People moving around and character development as well. Thanks for not having Beth kill herself. It would cut off the story, badly. Speaking of that, isn't it time to address the serpent, Fred? Also, if he's gotta be Arnold, she ought to be Liz. She has become a more complex, yet much less likable character. I agree that this is among your best work. (I still have a warm spot in my heart for Alex Hamilton!) Thanks, again, for the story! JPR

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Ximand Apologies

I re-read the ending, and you were right, it does say that the name no longer fit him.

Richie4110Richie4110about 7 years ago
Another great writing effort

Worth the wait and looking forward to a powerful finish. I'm still open to a conclusion that could go either way.

HavonareHavonareabout 7 years ago
disappointment

I have to say, I saw this coming.

Honor being blamed for his wife's infidelity and no one can tell me that's not what this chapter did. He should not have left his kids but would she have allowed him to take him.

This whole thing was her fault and only her fault. Cheating is not a cause and effect. It's a choice like any other and there is no justification for it. This chapter gives that and once again, I am left feeling angry trying to make me sympathized with the female.

Let's play a game called switch the genders and we will see how much the people praising Beth would say. I think im going to end the story here as I know what is coming next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honor and 'Doody'

Put this thing to resr already.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Thanks For The Update....

....on Beth's "reasons" for turning into a cheating slut. At least it wasn't a brain tumor. I guess drugs explains part of it; being pissed at Honor for working and traveling all the time explains part of it; being pursued by a predator explains part of it; trusting Fred, Honor's cousin and best friend explains part of it; the threat of blackmail explains part of it; but it seems to me that the sledgehammer that drove the stake into the heart of the marriage was Beth's inner slut coming out the first time she had sex with Fred. Drugged or not, she LIKED it, and she LIKED the drug highs, and she LIKED coming back for more. Here lie the bones of her marriage. R.I.P.

As others have noted, it would be satisfying to see Fred hung out to dry before winding this up. ;-)

Thanks for a great story! I'm looking forward to the rest.

bear2readbear2readabout 7 years ago
Waiting for the finish line

So now we're at the finish of this story. How will it end?

1. Honor leaves the town (remember the title - A Town Without Honor). No mistake that will happen.

2. He will return to Newfoundland at some point and try to make a life with Jane (who we will find out is like a second cousin, OK, that goes over well).

3. He sings in the band and they do a recording and then get a major contract with a recording company and he hits the big time. Beth will be in the crowd at his big Tour concert! How will Jane react?

4. He leaves his kids with Beth to raise, and they are miserable without him. Or he divorces Beth and seeks custody of the kids and takes them to Newfoundland.

5. Beth either commits suicide or she is killed in a car wreck, and Honor is left with the kids and much grief.

6. His mother dies of cancer and his sister dies of an overdose, all due to guilt.

7. Honor's new company in Canada is successful, but once again his family screws him with embezzlement issues.

So there you have it. A bad ending all the way around.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Staying to the end

I will read on. Havonare wants to quit but he will read the rest. I don't understand his objection. She laid out her lame excuses and tried the blame game but after hearing herself speak, she knew it was over and it was her fault. They had to have this talk but it was inevitable that they were done as a couple. Now they both can move on. Him much sooner than her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A reason is not always an excuse.

When I was in the Army is was common for one to respond "No excuse Sir" when one screwed up. And give no explaination. I thought that was stupid, because I wanted to know why some one screwed up. By putting the screw up into context one can possibly avoid similiar screw ups in the future. In this case "Honor" created the situation with his ego, and need to be admired by others. While she violated his trust, it appears that it was his humilitation before others not his lost of trust in her that prevented the reconciliation.

A very good story that contained a hidden theme. MORE!

doofus67doofus67about 7 years ago
Not what i expected tbh

Still enjoying the story regardless, but some of dialog between Honor and Beth was really annoying.

I agree Honor should apologise for lack of contact with his kids but that's all! He was working as hard as he was for the family and for their future... and she was being a slut.

Beth blaming him really annoyed me and as for the drugs excuse, well, i suppose it adds to the story but it in no way excuses her behaviour. The fact she admitted to enjoying it shows she is beyond forgiveness.

If Dale's explanation of events is indeed true then i wouldn't blame Honor for doing a Liam Neeson on Fred's ass.... when i find you...

The parentage of their kids is still an unanswered question in my book but i don't expect that story to go any further tbh. I am however somewhat concerned that there might be another reason behind Beth's need for the countless bouts of trail sex. I wonder if she's still on the pill???

Regardless, outstanding story TTT. Looking forward to the conclusion. I don't usually leave in-depth comments on this site but his tale has certainly had me chomping at the bit.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It Still Fits

There is nothing in this story that diminishes the man or his honor. I can feel the tremendous weight carried by all the characters in the way you've written this story. It is difficult to know how anyone would react to such a complete betrayal as this. His nickname however, still describes the man. The fact that she didn't use it was a perfect touch. Perhaps she never knew honor, or Honor as well as she thought.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Two sides to the story

Thanks for presenting both sides of the story, Beth’s and Honor’s

I don’t agree with Beth’s rationale for coming back for more..

I agree with the comment made by ‘boatbumm’, “Drugged or not, she LIKED it, and she LIKED the drug highs, and she LIKED coming back for more.”

In light of what Beth ‘confessed’, I wonder if Honor is better off with the devil he knows over the devil he doesn't (Janie).

In either case, wonder who he’ll be building a ‘new’ life with

foolscapfoolscapabout 7 years ago
It's on "autoplot" now and cliche's abound.

Including not giving up her ass to them. The only question is how long it will take for Arnold to man up and take sole and complete responsibility for this nightmare and work out a compromise where he services Beth and Jane and they like it as long as he promises to not be perfect and to quit working so hard.

Yawn

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Ugh..

Painful and awful!!!

Extremely well written tale!

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Excellent Chapter

Much tighter than the previous two. The fact that Beth is angry at Arnold does not make her complaints sound. She is just giving her point of view. It almost looks like those who seek the last word in an argument are right... they are not just petulant, they are right!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just plain sad... Damned sad

Where do I begin? So many thoughts keep surfacing.

I found Beth's behavior at the end of this chapter to be both cold and passive aggressive when for the first time ever, she called him Arnold. She did it to hurt him.... to turn the knife in his heart. If the roles were reversed, would she have done anything different? Would she be able to just forgive and forget?

This chapter we learned the situation was a lot more complicated than we originally knew. Beth being manipulated and drugged does complicate things. But how can anyone come back from this? How do we recover from all the hurt and pain? The public humiliation...

Should have Honor ran like he did? In a perfect world, no. I understand why. When we have that much hurt and rage, it is often best to remove oneself from those causing the pain. Was it right to leave the kids who don't understand? Of course not! At the same time, I don't see how Honor could have done anything different.

Should he hook up with the Newf cousin? When she said she would wait, but not forever... was this just another manipulative move? I think it would be a huge mistake to go down that road.

As for the partying, drinking, rediscovering playing music and getting to know his extended family on his father's side.... It was what he needed to let go of some of those demons and hurt he had been carrying since that dreadful day Honor discovered his marriage was over. It was how he began mourning for such a loss.

TTT, I have enjoyed your work over the years and this one is definitely one of your best. Thanks again for all the hard work in creating these tales. I can't wait to read the rest of the story. Silverwolff

laad4e08laad4e08about 7 years ago
I agree with Sugna

With all that has happened and been said, they should reconcile. It will never be the same but it doesn't have to be over. They need to take care of the kids and take the trips they wanted to. If she likes some crazy sex now, they can explore that together. He has the money to just focus on the family. If you have them done in your outline, please write the alternate ending.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 7 years ago
Now that's more like it

No more fucking song lyrics, and moving to a conclusion. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm MAD!

The longer I read this the madder I get. Here are two people that are BOTH to blame and they REALLY need to get their heads out of their collective asses and rebuild a life together for their children.

I realize this is fiction and well-written, but enough is enough!

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
Good Story

Hi Tx,

It's been a long time since I've seen so many comments on a chapter. That should give you a sense of how popular this story has become. I won't comment too much on the characters, I think that's been really done. I gave you 5 stars as I love stories that are stories and not just about cuckolding and revenge. Yes, there is that element, but not nasty.

Thanks for story. Will be looking forward to the ending.

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
Harry

Please excuse me. I thought you were lambasting TTT, not some anony-mouse.

My point remains about wrongs done and comparisons thereof. And another anonymous-mouse was correct: it was incumbent on her to inform Arnold about their problem.

ardee56ardee56about 7 years ago
Reconcile ?

I hope you find a way for them to be together. I like both of these characters. Great job.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
Unfortunately, a realistic reaction would have made for a shorter and dull story

He divorces his wife, estranges himself from his mother and sister and moves out of town, but stays close enough that he can still be in his kids' lives. He walks away from his company full of backstabbers but instead of crashing it by making a gift of it to the cheaters he sells his interest in it to the highest bidder without regard for how the new owners will run it and treat its employees. He shops his patents to other licensees for income. If he decides to start another business, he puts all the people from his old one on a "do not hire" list. He waits to start a new relationship until he knows he's ready for the risk.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 7 years ago
Finish the Damn story or the teddy bear dies

Stephen King

tompo296tompo296about 7 years ago
Thank You

I am loving this story! I think that I am more of a romantic than I would like to confess to.

I would hope that Honor could see passed Beth's failings and realise that he has his own issues. When he gets into his new business venture the chances of the same level of commitment will arise and Jane will be on the sidelines and the possibilty of neglect will be there!

StormKing33StormKing33about 7 years ago
5* Excellent Chapter

The last chapters were wimpy whiny Honor crap.

The interaction in this chapter between Beth and Arnold was most excellent.

I am usually a BTB Advocate, but in this case Beth and Arnold need to get back together. They both fucked up. Janie is a young girl who was a nice substitute for Beth so Honor could get his head out of cowardly ass.

gordo12gordo12about 7 years ago
Oh no, not the Teddy Bear!

I know someone like Honor in life. So black and white & so "you have to be honest."

He's never been a success because he can't see past the issues and find compromises.

Being right is a powerful position but needing to be right ALL the time can kill everything. 4*

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
My apologies, Harry

I was under the impression that you were attributing this "blame Honor" idea to TTT. Perhaps your typing skills, or rather lack thereof, contributed to my lack of compression. My humble apologies.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 7 years ago
Ouch

I like these guys. It's a fantasy world, but that's ok. Beth calling him Arnold felt like a stab in my heart. I guess I'm an old softy....

Please keep it up, TTT. And thanks a bunch for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honor & Beth....

I want Honor & Beth back together!!!! I actually had to skip to the last page before I could read this installment, to make sure he wasn't back with Janie at the end because I didn't want to read about the two of them together. Ok, who else thinks she's going to end up pregnant after the camping trip? Surely she hasn't been keeping up with birth control while running away & hiking. Please end it with them back together!! Honor can still do his music while married to Beth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great start, great twist....then way too predictable

Arnold (not honor) is a weak character who allowed his marriage to fail and refused to fight for it. While she was more to blame, he took a punch to the gut and folded like a bitch instead of trying to figure out why and how and really punishing those responsible. His leaving crumbled her world but she tried to stick it out for the sake of the kids and the employees. She is stronger than he is. He only gave fred one punch to the face?!?

I take the words written as the way it is. If she was trying to end it and it was drug induced as written then there should be a chance for reconciliation and Fred should wind up in a shallow grave in the woods.

I blame his character more than hers. People are weak. Had he treated her the way he treats his cousin she would not have cheated. ( No vacations. Going away alone on business trips. Long hours at work. ). Worth millions but neglects the woman he loves more than life and his kids. He could have taken her with him on trips at least.

He needs to figure that out and attempt to reconcile. They both obviously love each other and also have the kids to worry about. If he outright hated her i could understand the no chance for reconciliation, but he doesn't.

Those who believe he holds no blame must have some lonely women women at home (or women looking for emotional support outside the home).

I. Believe the people who hate the thought of any reconciliation are probably people who have been dumped and just enjoy reading about other people being miserable because they are.

I probably wont read the last chapter because it has become to predictable.

An interesting story would be a prequal about fred and other women he has manipulated and what his ultimate demise turned out to be (hoping for the shallow grave, he holds %75 of the blame).

Great beginning, too much self pity in 4 and 5. Its already been determined that he will not try to work it out and will instead hook up with the cousin. Why bother with any more?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Again 5-Stars & Thank You

I enjoyed reading everything in chapter 5 except this; “Thanks for sticking with me this long. The end is near. TTT”. If you have the stamina, this story could include many more chapters. I hope you’ll give it some thought. Let us see them rebuild their lives, their business and bring stability to their children. The best part of your story is the emotional turmoil of the characters and coping with the day-to-day challenges we all have to face.

When my ex-wife suggested reconnecting like Beth & Honor did, after what I’d learned, I knew I couldn’t ever get it up with her again. My second wife (her former best friend) graciously told her we’d pass. I was left to finish raising our youngest and in this age of disposable everything I think her abandonment of the kids is what sealed her fate with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Her memory's a little too good if she was so drugged.

I mean if she was as out of it as Dale and she claim she was, would she really have such a vivid and detailed memory of everything? I would imagine there would be some holes, but her explanations to Honor in previous chapters didn't really have any of those.

<P>

In addition, regardless of why or how she cheated on him, that means nothing to what the town, what his family, did. Nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Different strokes

When you screw up what you got, you don't get it back, you may get something

better but don't count on it. This is not the time to judge, its time to reflect about my

behavior and how I have handled my screw ups. Good story well written, thanks for letting me enjoy it. jr

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
"My ass, Honor," she pleaded. "One last time."

How do you come up with this shit. Just read the first and last page. Even that is too much. Reading this make you want to shoot yourself. No hope chapter after chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Arnold vs Honor

Arnold is certainly the more appropriate name. Beth was virtually raped and blackmailed. She was slipped ecstacy and other potent drugs when she was drunk and even thought she was having sex with Arnold (sorry Honor) and was later blackmailed and given ecstacy and other drugs again by Arnold's best friend. Arnold left Beth alone and vulnerable than when she gets taken advantage of by his best friend and he learns she was virtually raped and blackmailed Arnold does not have enough honor to overcome his pride. I thought he was being outrageous holding grudges against a whole town but to not accept responsibility for causing the situation to a very large degree proves that he really is an Arnold not an Honor.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice twist, running and not knowing the reason for her slip made this a long story

The drug angle could work, forgiveness is questionable. But his absence from the home and thinking as a workaholic screwed up his family life. If anything he should still be best friends with his wife or x. And save the company and be a dad to his kids.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
She was running away ?

Or was she going up to find a place to end her life. She like honor is walking away from the business that was to be their future. She knew that honor would take care of the kids and also knew she had lost him, after seeing the videos. When the say 'do not try and find me' is a statement used when people want to be come left along to die. 'Take care of my kids ' is another sign. I am sure the she felt she would never see honor again. Even tho it looks like I thought before DIVORCE was what will happen, I am not so sure now. Honor may have honor for his family , now that she knows there is no hope for them. He now has the the chance to change it all and pull his family togeather, take her back and see how it goes. Keep up the fantastic writing You are one of the best in the field.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
I like Honor even less

So Dale tells him his wife was drugged every time. There's a name for that...rape. Yet this inconsiderate, hypocritical, narcissistic moron doesn't look at it that way. I'm not condoning any actions BB took voluntarily, but he still believes he is in the right. What a Jackass. Running away like a little bitch, crying on a regular basis, and avoiding your duties as a parent is without question the best course of action. TTT, fantastic story to illicit this kind of a response out of me!

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
Wow . . .

. . . intense. Please, let them both forgive each other and live happily ever after. They've both suffered terribly - let their relationship emerge strengthened for both of them and for the sake of their kids. No more heartbreaks, please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sorry

But the more i read, the less I liked Honor. By the end of the story, I thought he was a major asshole, a far cry from what he was presented in the first chapter.

The final nail was when he got all holier than thou when she told him she tried pot wayyy back when. He couldn't trust her because she kept it quiet because she knew he'd go off like a prick grenade is she told him?

What a sanctimonious prick. She was no saint, and admitted as much. He assumed she was perfect. How fucking thick is that?

That boy needs help as much as Beth does.

Geon54Geon54about 7 years ago
2 things...

I am enjoying the story but two things sort of stood out for me in this chapter:

1) Contraception. I hope a third child isn't on the agenda. If either of them even thought about it, I missed it.

2) Drugs. OK, that helps to explain her behavior, but it seems a little late in the day to add that to the mix. Small town, everybody knows everything (and they were seen in public if i recall correctly) and NO ONE thought drugs had anything to do with it or saw fit to bring it up before? Possible, of course, (especially since Honor wasn't too interested in anyone's opinion but his own) but the revelation still struck me as a bit clumsy.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Ugggghhhhhhhhhhh

Drugs have to be the very worst plot element a LW story can have. So frustrating. Really brings the entire story down a few notches in my book. I'm sure there will be a thunderstorm baby in the mix as well now.

And not taking your spouse back after they've betrayed you with your own family isn't an example of black and white thinking. Just normal good sense I would think.

Glad the story finally got moving again though and I'll definitely check back to see how it wraps up. I'll admit to not liking Janey at all. Honor would be wise to have an iron clad prenup if he hops on that crazy train.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yes he finds Beth

and a NEW relationship has started... But Man what about her have a STD?? was a 5 until then Now a 3

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Also

The very first time Beth ever brought up that she had a problem with how the work situation was going Honor was already working on a solution. Bringing up how he wasn't around as much as she'd like is rationalization after the fact.

The only thing he had to feel dishoner over is how he left his kids behind in the months he went walkabout. Totally inexcusable, but he was also in an EXTREME situation. Betrayal by family results in fucking murder in the real world. Better he go on an epic bender than wind up in prison for twenty years.

And Beth calling him Arnold after all this time and everything he's done is just a plain bitch move.

MrmacjrMrmacjrabout 7 years ago
Could be start of the next chapter of their lives

You have several possibilities of the future for the main characters and the Business. I saw a few negative type comments but so far I have enjoyed your story and look forward to several more chapters...

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 7 years ago
dc6370 -- give it a rest dummy

you wrote "so Dale tells him his wife was drugged every time. "

Lets assume you or anyone" buys" the drug excuse complication -- Even if that is the case Dale did NOT get around to telling Honor until just Now.

In Fact the wife did NOT now that she was !! All this time Honor clearly did NOT know about this yet stupid fuckwits like you are blaming him for acting the way he did even though he had no knowledge of the drugging

dude were born this stupid or did you tale a course?

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Well it looks like Beth's suicide is off the table.... But that night of tent sex could create another surprise. It was easy to know how the town found Honor was back <24hrs - his Mother/Peg - BIG mouth meddlers. Or the Secret PA meddling Auntie!

As she stated how she felt while doing Fred - ya she was drugged. I'd give her a break the first two times but not a whole week while he was in China. She never TRUSTED Honor enough to come to him for help/confession before getting caught. She burned her bridge, even for me, too much too late.

The town finally took on Fred & Dale, why did it take so long? They deserve their job losses/bankruptcy.

Sure Honor is stubborn and black-n-white, but he had all the burden of a town on his back. She was upset but never came to him to counsel/discuss the problems before sh looked for another shoulder. Honor spoiled her by doing what a leader does that trusts his wife while overcoming all the burdens.

I can see Honor setting up the new company in the USA but making Newfie his corporate HQ with his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

The score shows that the vast majority of people agree that this is a very good story. For some reason, most of the people who have commented seem to have no idea what honor is.

Probably the people who claim to dislike Honor are cheaters, themselves, so sympathies wit the cheating wife. Having lost all moral direction they now want to be forgiven for being scumbags. They feel the need to blame the victim and justify the perpetrator. That's okay, anything to make you feel better about having no soul.

It's a good thing they are the minority in society, and on this site. They are just the most vocal. Keep lighting them up, TTT. This is fun, listening to them whine..

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20370 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories