All Comments on 'Mrs. Carter'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 256 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More would be wonderful

It would have been interesting to have seen the other side and a continuation of the story to some point. The ex and her lover his wife did not suffer or offer any contrition, just tried to get the ex-husband to accept it.

Those three got off easy and it just seems too simple in that regards.

Interesting story otherwise.

Thank you

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 7 years ago
Considering he was still married

Technically he was cheating on his wife by fucking other women. And since he's such a moral, upstanding man, I'm sure he didn't justify his actions in any ways shape or form.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

ALWAYS okay for the hubby to cheat, only the wife is a cheating slut if she cheats, HE was cheating if still married.

Storm113Storm113about 7 years ago
boring

This was rather boring, really nothing to it. You are usually better than this.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Good lord

Lmao at the folks trying to lump him into the same slime pit his wife is in. That's just flat out ridiculous. Rule lawyering run amok.

As to the story, it was pretty standard fare. Nothing wrong with that and I enjoyed reading it. Due to your intro though I thought you were going to try and spice it up somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just bad

BigGuy33 usually tries to stir up some controversy and get a ton of comments. This is so boring I doubt it will get the job done. I gave it a three for not being a cuck story. At least it was better than the rest of the shit posted today.

Since Legends' Day it seems like more non-cuck stories are being written. That's good, but this isn't.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Was It For the Greater Good, Or All About the Money ?

It would have been interesting to know the nature of Mr. Carter's vocation ( politics ? ) to ascertain if Patricia had a larger altruistic motivation then career considerations for stepping outside of the bounds set by her marriage vows. Yet I enjoyed the story in its own right. It was a little dispassionate, but essentially correct in that approach , because the shock of discovery had ebbed.

The author committed fully to telling the landmark events in retrospect , not showing them. He did so efficiently and with minimal strain. Authors might enjoy this story a bit more then LW audience .I thank BigGuy33 for sharing and yet selfishly hope he doesn't repeat this sort of Masterpiece Theater storytelling in near future. This was a just a bit too Downtown Abbey-ish for me ( Sopranos fan ).

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 7 years ago
Ground that is always fertile

I too have always wondered about that rational that is put forward here in this section so often . I realize that these tropes of " its only sex " , or " you weren't using it at the time " ( nod to JPB there ) , or the old faithful " but you're the only one I love " are all LW standards , and that these are works of fiction , BUT , Bullshit to all of them !

Are their really people who actually believe those excuses ?

So , BG33 , I for one appreciate that you tackled this story device , I mean its kinda the actual blueprint for some of the very best stories in this genre , IMO.

I guess I'm greedy though , and I wish you'd actually made this into a real story instead of just a really good scene .

But , still I enjoyed it . Thank you for sharing with us.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Interesting perspective

Trish's side would make a nice complement, especially after the epilogue, or a few years later. Maybe as a chance encounter with Leah or the ex. Thanks for sharing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Husband oblivious of the wife's work

The "cheating" was enabled as the wife never informed her husband of some of the issues with her boss even before she became the solution. Thus she was already putting the boss ahead of the husband. Part of a full relationship is hearing of the gossip from a partner's work place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

these morons are too dumb to be true.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Bullshit

Funny thing, he never really called bullshit on Mrs. Carter. "How would you have liked it 20 years ago when you still liked sex?" "How would you feel in my shoes?" "Do you think a reasonable person would think that what you all have done is acceptable in any way?" - These stories always have a nightmare like quality in the distortion of reality and logic that is completely irrational and illogical. It is also unbelievable.Cheaters know exactly what they are doing and how bad it is, they do not "love" their spouses. "Love" is caring about the welfare of another person. Spousal love means caring about another persons welfare More than any other persons welfare. It is that simple. She didn't love her husband, she didn't repeat him, and she was not honest with him. Three strikes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
All the same

Cheating sluts are all the same. Try to explain everything away. They should just eat sh*t and die.

fifteen16fifteen16about 7 years ago
Liked

Liked this, could have longer telling of hubby's emotions on being told of the affair and whilst collecting the evidence. Although carefully explained by Helen would have liked to know the wife's version of events. Easy for me to say i am not the one having to take the time to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pretty much follows the trope line

Guy finds new woman right away who loves him. She is of course better than the cheating ex and gives him everything he needs. Adding the lovers wife as a co conspirator was a different angle

Points for that and for being well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It was ok

It was an ok story. Nothing earth shattering, slightly boring with no twists or turns to entice the reader.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Twist

Ok story. 4* for the different angle.

okonz25okonz25about 7 years ago
The one thing that Trish denied Henry

Trish and the Carters tried to maintain normalcy with Henry, to deny him nothing.

But.did deny him of one thing,CHILDERN, as stated in the epilogue. BG33 should of

had Henry point that out to Mrs. Carter. That would of been an emotional shot.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
An interesting take on this theme

I wonder how many times this has happened for real, with people so stuck in their own weird mindset that when a normal person says: "Hey! You can't do that!" they get all butthurt?

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
Good story, but it has an important flaw...

Good story, but it has an important flaw as I see it: It was almost impossible that the boss and his secretary wouldn't develop strong feelings for each other, even more when she went to live with him. This means that soon his devoted wife would be devoted ex-wife and he would marry his secretary as soon as her divorce was final. Then his stupid wife would understand why he didn't want a casual fuck from time to time, and he was always looking for a steady relationship, that would replace the relationship he had with her. Only then Mrs. Carter could understand her big mistake...finding herself living alone, she would be the only Burned Bitch for having allowed and helped all that to happen...4*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Enjoyed it

The affair did cost him something...children. Her career and travel for work put having children on the back burner. Her career and travel being largely due to the affair.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
People Can Rationalize....

....damn near any pile of BS to make it sweet and pretty and logical, but it's still a steaming pile in reality. The fatal flaw in their elegant plan, of course, was that hubby would never agree to such a hair-brained scheme, so it all had to be carried out and maintained with the highest level of secrecy and deception.

One has to wonder if Henry was so oblivious that he never noticed the slipperiness of "sloppy seconds" or an "interesting" smell and taste when he went down on his lovely, freshly-fucked wife after one of her "afternooners" at work.

And I agree with others that the biggest betrayal in their so-called marriage was to deny Henry the gift of children. There's no way the cheating skank would know who the father was without a DNA test....

Well told from an interesting angle, thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

@Whackdoodle - I'm not familiar with the law, but since they were presumably legally separated and six months into the divorce he said they weren't committing ADULTERY, he didn't say he wasn't cheating. But do you honestly believe that he wasn't fully justified in doing so?

@Anonymous 03/30/17 Re: ALWAYS - UM, she cheated first, and he didn't cheat till six months into the divorce proceedings. He did not cheat on a healthy marriage, she did.

Old comment, if what she was doing was so good and noble, why not come to her husband FIRST and explain what she wanted to do and convince him to sign on?

Until Leah appeared, I was expecting him to ask, how wold Trish feel if HE took a lover? You can bet she would say, "No way!"

FD45FD45about 7 years ago
I liked the story

However, I had a hard time believing in the wife.

What kind of an idiot doesn't realize that she needs to stop fucking around to have a prayer of reconciliation? Essentially zero women in America.

I can understand a woman lying. "Oh honey, I will quit my job and never ever see him again." Then she wanders off to do a quickie behind a local diner.

I can see a woman swearing that she will stop fucking him...but really, the family can't afford to quit the job...

I can even see a brutally stupid woman asking the husband if she really needs to quit or if he is open to maybe opening the marriage.

What was needed here was a 'benefit'. I understand the couple had a problem. Not a BIG problem but a problem. (nothing a few tickets to Bangkok wouldn't fix, but hey!) I can see the wife being sympathetic to them and even seeing this as a way to 'fix' things for people she liked (stupid and selfish, but understandable)

However, she continued fucking him DESPITE the enormous costs she would face as a result from husband, friends, society, the work place, her reputation etc.

What was her quid pro quo out of all this? Without that, her actions seem either

incredibly stupid or unbelievable.

I went with the later because she wasn't described as stupid.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Mrs. Carter

One good thing with the Carter's: Quite often the cheating wives have justified their cheating that because women are physically able to have to more sex than men that they are justified in having outside lovers.

I have commented that you can bet that the wives wouldn't buy that argument when their sex drive dropped off. I guess I was wrong, with Mrs. Carter anyway, though I'm sure that she's the exception!

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
Meh

Even flash tales are supposed to have a point. I'm not sure what the point of this story is supposed to be. This couple didn't seem to be in love, and their marriage didn't seem to be that important to either of them. The fact that they didn't have children shows a lack of commitment. The fact that she fucked her boss behind his back shows that she didn't care about her marriage. And the fact that he was so unemotional about the whole thing, and immediately married the next woman who came along, shows how little he cared.

If none of these characters cared about this marriage, why should we?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

He wasn't cheating at all and his wife is a dumb selfish whore. She knows her husband and that he would never go along with it but she did it anyway. If your doing something that you can't tell your spouse then you know it's wrong and will cause your marriage harm. The other couple as twisted as it is were good because they tried all options, made decisions together. Trying to convince him is crazy . Glad he kept his balls and kicked the cunt out . They had no kids which made it easy.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 7 years ago
Original

I haven't seen a story where the cheating wife's lover's wife tried to explain or justify things before. Good job. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@swingerjoe

He was so unemotional because he had already emotionally detached himself from her and had her replacement already. I'm quite sure that his emotional state was far different when he first found out!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Further Thoughts

So, she's "like a daughter" to them? Doesn't that make their relationship quasi-incest?

"She insisted that this was the only solution." - Or maybe she just wanted to cheat, and saw this as an easy way out! Once she made up her mind to do this, she should have gone to her husband and asked for a "open marriage." If he went for it, great! If not, she either drops it, or gets an amicable divorce and is free to fuck whomever she wants!

"The key, we realized, was to not alter those things in any way." - But you DID alter them! They extended their stays on trips, I wouldn't be surprised if her time in his office got longer and/or sounds leaked out.

"She loves you to distraction, Henry. She needs you." - But not enough to give up Mr. Carter! When you love someone it is expected that you will give up all others, no matter what; if you can't, or don't want too, then you don't enter into a committed relationship.

HE'S supposed to love her enough to be "understanding," but she doiesn't love HIM enough to stop!

"losing you for good will be positively devastating." - It doesn't seem that she was all THAT devastated!

"Helen Carter's reversal of opinion eventually yielded the desired result" - Did she really reverse her opinion, or just agree to relay his answer?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@johntcooksey

I think her side was made abundantly clear!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/30/17 Re: "Husband oblivious"

Excellent point! Very convenient that she NEVER mentioned her bosses "problems" or her part in "helping" him, even before her personal involvement.

Not to mention, since when does a boss talk to a subordinate, even an executive assistant, about his marital sexual problems? Frankly, the first time my boss brought it up IO would consider it HIGHLY inappropriate, and would wonder if he had some ulterior motive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Pointless? Seriously?

Very creative! And "the best relationships have trust and respect, especially self respect" is a fair point that seems unacceptable to some.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@sugna Re: "Bullshit"

You're 100% correct! You can bet that she would have cut off his balls if when she enjoyed sex that he "helped" his assistant with HER sexual problems!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Impo_64

Another excellent point!

I'd like to see a second epilog with her going to Henry apologizing, crying about how she lost her husband, with or without a divorce. Frankly, I would prefer that they DON'T get divorced, that she gets shunted off to the guest room while Trish spends her nights in the master with Jim.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 7 years ago
This is like a VERY abbreviated version of Revelations

by Alex_Lover.

The stuff with Leah at the end detracted from the story. The time lines are wrong. A year from Henry's finding out is too long for Mrs. Carter's visit. This should have happened within a few months of Henry's discovery, and ended perhaps with a final meeting between him and Trish.

All just my opinion, of course. Its still a pretty decent flash story read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It had possibilities but really peterd out.

Just not much of a story. All the cliche's packed into the wife's explanation, then of course we have the wronged man having no problem finding someone he loved and getting remarried. The end was extremely typical.

It seemed like a lazy effort at a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Times they have changed..

I remember those golden days of yesteryear when it was socially expected and condoned that a man with money would take a mistress. A widow or a young woman NEVER a mans, of equal or near equal social status, wife that was not done. The attitudes that are receiving all these negative comments are old fashioned and from what I read the Carters are old so Mrs. Carters viewpoint might be the result of the times that have passed, but I also know that a woman of that time would have given her husband HELL for taking a married woman whose husband they socialized with. I gave the story 5 stars and suggest some of the older commenters think back to their youth pre WW II.

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanabout 7 years ago
Good Story!

I enjoyed the story. It was a different look and obviously provoked some discussion. I cannot see his becoming engaged as cheating in anyway. He filed for divorce, then waited a year before he began to see his secretary. He was not already divorced only because of the various legal wranglings of her lawyer. She does not and should not have the right to hold his life a hostage. His hands are clean both morally and legally. As to the comments about her not taking away from his life, I agree about the lack a children. I would add though, time as well. They extended trips to spend time together. Time she could have spent with her husband. Trish time and again was more concerned about her bosses emotional and physical needs over her husband's. Choosing to act as mistress, knowing he would not be happy about it, meant she chose the happiness of her boss over her husband's. A continuation of some kind would be good. I like the idea thrown out of Trish pushing the wife out, maybe even coming to despise the wife. Maybe seeing her ex-husband happy with his new wife and baby, triggers some resentment toward her. Interesting to see another conversation with Mrs Carter in his office after she is replaced. Just a thought.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanabout 7 years ago
This is still a nice story

Hi BigGuy,

I agree with some of the reviewers that this was typical in the outcome, but still a nice dialog and story. That's why we come here to read. So thanks for the effort as I really enjoy your writings.

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

"Mrs Carter, thank you for the explanation. From your perspective, spouses should place the welfare of their counterpart first. You certainly have striven to do so with your husband. He was willing to do so apparently and go without sex as well. My wife had a choice between the interest of her boss and her husband. She chose her boss's interest. She did it knowingly, because otherwise she would have discussed it with me. You hypocritically encouraged and supported her in behavior you wouldn't have engaged in by your own beliefs. Regardless, that was the end of the marriage. Once a spouse puts someone else's needs above their partner's, they have chosen to walk away. You should understand that, and your contribution to the destruction of our marriage. "

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanabout 7 years ago
Another thought

I got sidetracked by a phone call while writing my last one and left a thought out. No mention of suing the bosses company, or anything financial or social impact. Once divorce is filed, assuming he listed adultery as cause and he did not see like the type not to, details of wife and her boss would be public knowledge. If it was me, I would really want to make the SOB and his wife pay for bustiing up my marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

I found it funny that the wife tried to explain his wife's cheating. Interesting take and I can actually understand her point of view. A couple of points. Since most states are "No fault" Trish wouldn't need to sign the papers for the divorce to go thru. And in most states you can't get married for 6 months after the divorce is final. Otherwise, a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Even in years past

It was never acceptable to engage in a relationship with a married coworker. If & when these dalliances were brought to light the individual and/or company was usually "black-balled"; even if it was hypothetical by other companies or individuals with similar practices. Again, some mention young, unattached or widows would be the best/preferred acceptable recourse.

When preferences are made (like this) that don't make the spouse a priority over the boss; expect the worst possible outcome. They should be lucky that he didn't go public; airing all the dirty laundry. They would end up the pariah of businesses​ and social circles; other men would no longer trust him with their business or near their spouses.

Nice story; though, I sort of wish he would've gone postal and burnt the bastard & bitches. Or, at least in epilogue after a few years ex-wife sees the ex-husband with new wife pushing stroller and, suffers extreme regret that might affect the bastard to his original problem in the first place and, he winds up "getting" none. And, the three could be stuck together in misery...

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Better than most, but

Still a wife too stupid to breathe story, which is especially a problem because she's portrayed as a professional career woman. What woman with that kind of brains and status would carry on an affair like that and think that her husband would just forgive, especially if she's still carrying on the affair? None. Since the cheating wife isn't real, the impact of the story is lessened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice story

Why Trisha cheated knowing her husband would never agree to such a deal, then not wanting too sign the divorce papers after getting caught. Was she so wrap or warped in her head that she thought he would buy her deceit. An intelligent women with no logic. Weird .

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Yup. Not realistic in the least.

The wife, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Carter, are all sub grade morons and shallowly depicted.

The angle is the only interest in the story.

Would be interesting to get an in depth version with far more plausible, if not probable, characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
why did be not sue?

He could have made big bucks.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 7 years ago

Consider if the Carters had a money problem instead of a sex problem. They are good people but find themselves with a reversal of fortune. Let's say they find a way to get some gold out of Fort Knox. They leave no signs of the gold's removal and, so far, there is no audit to show the gold is missing.

If no one knows the gold is missing, does that mean the Carters are not thieves?

Now let's say the gold is discovered missing but no one has a clue as to who did it. Since the Carters have not been caught does that mean they are not thieves?

What the heck, there is lots of gold in Fort Knox. They only took a little. it didn't mean anything.

The Carters donate to their local charities and go to church weekly. They treat their employees and business associates well. They are good people, right?

All the justifications are are garbage, People who justify their actions like this are delusional. If they were honest people they would have approached the husband and got his acceptance and approval. They didn't do that because they KNEW what they were doing was wrong and unacceptable so they just danced around it.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
good little tale 5*

how would the carters have liked this arrangement if either of them had been the unknowing dupe?

this was fairly original so would have made a good longer story.

Anyone ever fancy writing a really dark tale along these lines? getting the husband to "accept" often seems a little comedy farcical to me "oh honey its just sex" makes light of it, how about some brutality, blackmail, coercion "don't make waves cucky or you'l be sorry" kind of a captive husband tale. with a good BTB of course!

i can't write for shit or i would do it.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
Wow. ??

This is an interesting story. Please continue

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Good Flash Story

As usual BG seems to provoke controversy. Here the wife seems to forget that she has pushed her husband's desire of the map. Thus subordinating him to her career.

Basically her career became fucking her boss. The fact that she never stopped clarifies all...

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
stone cold

Good story, good end of a stupid woman's marriage. Sorry there is no revenge to the boss and his wife. Well maybe a total loss of respect is enough.

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directorabout 7 years ago
Not used to getting quickies from you

Kinda feel like a valet parking a Lamborghini. Yeah, I drove one; but it's not the same as driving one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Re-Issue??

I'm certain that I read this same story a couple of years ago??

likeboblikebobabout 7 years ago

Nice little flash story, thanks. I agree with other comments though in that this does seem familiar.

rooster1rooster1about 7 years ago
It didn't cost him anything ?

How about the fact that they were staying away an extra day on every trip, that seems to be a price that he was paying for them to cheat.

I think that I would have informed their customers that this was how they treated the families of their employees, those customers might have been wondering if they could get more loyalty from a company with more open & honest ethics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really??

Really Big Guy, his lawyer couldn't sue the hell out of Trish and the Carter's? Sure seems like a shark would have jumped all over that!

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Swingerjoe

Really bizarre comment from you SJ. No kids equals no commitment? That's ridiculous.

Their marriage didn't seem to be important to either of them? You could level that at ANY story in the LW section if you take the approach that all cheaters don't care about their spouses. I thought you knew that wasn't true though.

How is this story any different than the flash story you posted recently? What was the "point" of your story? Other than to entertain, which I thought it did.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 7 years ago
Thought provoking.

If their state has alienation of affection laws, the Carters and their business are open to a lawsuit from hubby. Not to mention the federal sexual harassment laws, but I suppose if wifey sticks with the Carters that might not fly. Yes, pre-WW1 Europe was a different time, but those people are all dead.

These types of cheating wives stories always hinge on this question: "Can sex be separated from love?" Always the answer is no.

This is a Kafkaesque nightmare. Hubby (and we) get a glimpse into a completely alien moral universe, inhabited by wifey and the Carters, in which everything is turned on its head. Mrs. Carter is very convincing and soothingly reassuring--yet completely wrong. That's a sign of evil. How did hubby not recognize that facet of wifey's personality before now? Perhaps it's because he shares some of it himself. After all, he engaged in a sexual relationship with a co-worker while still married to his wife, other circumstances notwithstanding. Good job, BG33!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Nice short story

Henry - Trish is falling apart without you - WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP! Yes perhaps she was but with her tiny brain rattling around in her head she'll get over it real soon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yeah, as you stated, it was a rehash of the old themes, it meant nothing, you never gave up anything, no harm - no foul....

....sort of the "Been-caught-narcissistic-cheaters-lament" storyline. While not novel in any significant way, your writing is enjoyable, the dialog mostly realistic. I might have made more of the place in the overall timeline where this event takes place, it would help to establish his attitude and position better.

I guess bringing the "wife-facilitator" in to share her position on things and her back-story might have had more positive potential, but there really wasn't anything new to the argument. It might also have had a greater impact, if hubby had stated categorically that he was taking a mistress and see how wifey liked that idea.

My own experience was bizarre beyond the pale. She had an arrogant, almost derisive attitude that there was no issue with her fucking anybody she wanted....until I said well, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander!". It took a full-blown explicit explanation for her to get it.the punchline that I was starting up with my PA the very next lunch hour (she being a hot little lady 6 years my junior and built...well you get the idea), wifey came unglued as son as light dawned.

Having read most of the stories along this line and lived one version of it...well, I just can't make it work, by any logic founded in reality. They seem to think they don't deserve consequences for complete, calculated, cold pervasive, obvious and callous betrayal on all levels for any close relationship. And yet if the table are turned, even if just to make the point, they act as though you'd just shit on their dinner plate. Then comes the howling, the anger, the tears and the claims that "you just don't love me!".

Sadly. I think people like that are simply broken at some fundamental level that affects their moral center. I cannot to this day fathom how any reasonable person can talk themselves into that line to belief and all the bullshit that follows.

In a better world, such things would entail legal summary execution....or a duel.

Just sayin'.

Thank you. I'll look forward to your next contribution with anticipation.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 7 years ago
@ Obo1

My comment about their having no children together was perhaps a little poorly-worded. It happens when I type with my thumbs and want to conserve energy. Having no children together doesn't mean a married couple isn't committed to each other. However...if a married couple isn't sure whether or not their marriage will "stick", they often (rightfully) decide not to have children.

There was no evidence in this story that this couple ever loved each other, aside from Mrs. Carter's secondhand account from the cheating wife. The protagonist (as we nearly always see in these types of stories) expressed zero emotion whatsoever during his long talk with Mrs. Carter. He didn't shout or swear or cry or even get a lump in his throat. A year had passed since he left his wife, so maybe he got all of that emotion out of his system. It just seemed to me that he couldn't care less about his soon-to-be ex-wife -- at least, there was no evidence of caring in this story.

As for the wife, we didn't even get to hear her voice. She wasn't even a character in this story! If we assume Mrs. Carter was telling the truth, and she really did love her husband and wanted him back, continuing to sleep with the boss-man was certainly a funny way of showing her love.

I'm not sure which of my stories you're referring to, but if it's my most recent, the "point" of that story was simply showing that you can use open marriage as a ruse to get your revenge against a cheating spouse.

All of the "action" in this story took place a year before the story began. The entire plot was introducing us to yet another LW cheating wife begging for her husband to take her back and the always-stoic husband refusing to do so. We've read that story a million times in this section, so that's why I asked what point was trying to be made. I suppose the "twist" in this story was that the begging and pleading came from a third party -- the lover's wife. Which brings me back to my original comment: meh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5*

Entertaining and a thousand times better than the other three stories posted today. Need I say more?

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
The irony of ironies…

I give full marks for the effort. It was a good challenge to undertake.

I got lost a bit in the circular logic (or was it intentional illogic?). Mrs. Carter on the revelation that a member of staff revealed the affair to the husband: “I'm ashamed to say we were initially disappointed and angry at the lack of loyalty the staff showed before we realized how hypocritical that was." Thus, she fully understands how disloyal the affair was.

A few paragraphs later we have Mrs. Carter commenting on the ongoing (yes that’s right, the still ongoing) affair while wifey is separated from her husband because of the affair: "It means nothing. It's a biological function, Henry. They both have strong libidos and rely on sexual release to deal with stress, and this situation has been very stressful."

I think I get what you’re trying to do... For me, the ironical inconsistency is really that Mrs. Carter was able to recognize the irony of the employee disloyalty, but still is seemingly blind to (and remorseless for) the continuing disloyalty exhibited by her, her husband, and wifey. It’s the irony of ironies…

I’m not sure if I’m critiquing your story or just baffled at the inconsistent logic of Mrs. Carter – which is a fairly common human trait by the way. It’s sort of like the cognitive dissonance one must employ if one loves the game of football (the American version that is) but abhors the brain damage it causes… how else does one continue to support that beautifully barbaric sport (one that I love and hold dear)?

Good effort. It worked pretty well. I would encourage you to delve deeper with similar characters.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 7 years ago
Mrs Carter and Trish

Mrs Carter said that Trish was 'like a daughter to them'. The implication being that she was, at least, in some sort of emotional relationship with Trish. This was why she accepted the arrangement and did not want Trish to leave them.

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

I think the comments are spot on.

Well written, even fun to read for the angle, but really not realistic.

* Trish isn't falling apart. If she was falling apart, she'd be doing everything she could to mend her ways and reconcile. She's still living with and screwing her boss.

* Trish is like a daughter/pupil. Well then that was a horrible betrayal of both the power relationship between employer and employee and between mentor and pupil. While this sadly is a regular and real theme in life, it would be hard for the wife to come and justify the behavior.

* It is all quite reasonable and business-like if you just consider it as a therapy for the poor husband/boss. No, otherwise it would be open with the protagonist from the start.

* Apologies for reacting with anger at employee blowing the whistle. Implies they may have some legal issues with employees. Was there termination without cause at play too?

It really isn't clear what Mrs. Carter expected to accomplish. When doing sales, you need to have a goal and know what the client is either in need of or fear of. She didn't really propose any value prop for taking back the wife. Moreso, in the end separate from the wife, she had to know from the start that encouraging her husband and a married subordinate to sleep together was selfish from the Carters' standpoint. For a 'safe' sexual release on his part, they violated and put at risk the employee's marriage. It might be less convenient, but if it was really an issue, pay for the escort or some professional sex surrogate.

Wasn't plausible in that context, but certainly was fun for a quick, quirky read.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
5*s

Fun quirky little flash story well written and well paced. Personally I would have liked to see it developed more and have the scales balanced but then again I would like a lot of things I don't have or get. Good work and write on BG33!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wanted her cake and eat it too.

It's obvious his wife was really enjoying fucking the boss, and probably was glad to have an excuse that in her mind made her betrayal less grievous? The wife had simply become complacent and felt entitled to do her boss this favor, since she was being fucked when unavailable to her husband anyway. All justifications to make her cheating somehow OK. If the husband has now moved on and not only has found a decent woman for a new wife, but is going to have children as well, then the husband should thank the asshole boss for revealing what a selfish thoughtless stupid woman his first wife was.

Not a really dramatic or compelling story, but a decent discussion of the It Was Only Sex excuse for becoming a whore instead of staying a wife. Good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thoughts on the future

So, the ex-wife made the Carters' her new life. However, one must ask: what kind of life is that? Even though I don't remember seeing any ages thrown around, one can assume the Carters are probably mid-to-late fifties, with the divorced couple behind them by 18 to 20 years or so. This means, conservatively, that Trish will get about 25 or 30 years out of the arraignment, which puts her around 60 when it ends. No decent man will probably want to remain with her for long if she decided to date, which it appears she won't. So when all is said and done, she will be sixty and alone, with few if any good prospects for companionship at the end of her life. No kids, either, unless of course Jim allows for it. All to save another's marriage from crumbling down around itself. How sad for Trish, not to have even a chance at such a fufilling existence.

chytownchytownabout 7 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/30/17 Re: "Nice short story"

"Trish is falling apart without you." - I guess she recovered pokay!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@swingerjoe Re: Obo1

While I understand your criticisms, I think you're missing a few points:

Children - No children was HER decision that he simply went along with. That's why there were many comments about how one of the things she denied him was children,

Emotion - As you yourself said, this is taking place a year or so after the separation, and even then he was holding his head in his hands as Leah came in

You make an excellent point on how her actions in continuing the affair argue against her breakdown at the end of the marriage.

This is strictly my personal opinion, I haven't spoken to BG, but I think he had a deliberate plan to NOT show all the suspicions, investigations and confrontations that we have seen dozens, if not hundreds of times, but to simply show the fall-out, with the added twist of the frigid wife of the lover supporting the affair.

You're right, we've read this story a million times, so why are you upset that BG isn't making us read it again?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@MitchFraell Re: "Mrs Carter and Trish"

"Trish is like a daughter to them." - I think I mentioned this in another comment, doesn't that make the relationship quasi-incestuous?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Wyldcard Re: Power Relationship

Regardless of how willing Trish might have been, the implied coercion from superior to subordinate is classic sexual harassment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmmmm

I liked it a lot, but definitely way too short of a story. But despite the length of the story, it was really good

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@nancyharpman17

I have to add my salute to your comment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OK

Okay story. Does come off a bit flat. Credit due for a different approach. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So much promise, so little return

You are a good author, you stories have good plots, characters w/potential, but you just never deliver. This story could have been so much more with a multiple story lines and character development. I enjoyed it, but it left me wanting someone else if necessary to flesh it out, take these characters with potential and expand the story.

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
I liked this until you brought Leah in

Wronged husbands falling into the arms of new partners happens so often in LW stories that it's become a cliche. In real life, it's just a really bad idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You spoilt this story when you introduced Leah...

I was ready to give this a 5.

Now with him banging Leah ....

it's sooo easy for boss to f*uck his subordinate isn't it....as easy as the wife did for her boss?

hypocritical much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I have to agree with the previous comment.

I ran a successful small business for years and, during that time, I probably had a dozen different secretaries. With the exception of one, every one of them let me know that they were available for me to fuck them, the very first day of their employment. I never shit where I eat because it's bad business but I could have had a beautiful smorgasbord. One of them I did fuck but that was after she left and had spent a year at RIT. She saw me at a restaurant, came over and stated that she'd always thought that she and I would be good fuck buddies. She told me that her husband had a great job and was a big earner but had a low sex drive, rarely wanted sex and never satisfied her. She skipped classes that afternoon and she was right. We set the Holiday Inn sheets on fire and then she came so hard that she doused the flames. She was my regular lover for fourteen years and her husband was totally clueless. When she got pregnant, she took my DNA and asked her Dr. to do a DNA comparison/verification. Six months later, we had a son. Two years later, a beautiful daughter. Her Husband has never suspected infidelity or questioned the parentage of the kids.

EXPERIENCE has taught me that...

Women are whores at heart. They're quick to drop their panties and fuck their boss (bareback... repeatedly.. no questions asked) because he has a position of power but they won't let a co-worker touch them. (even with a condom)

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Damn

Before I continue with my comment, I want to state that I haven't read any previous comments. Now, here is my question. Who was the bigger cunt, Trish or Mrs. Carter? The latter of course for trying to justify the cheating to her husband who, until he discovered the truth, thought he was married to a loving, faithful wife. As for the new wife, he was well justified as he did nothing before the revelation and then married. I could say more but there wasn't enough details in the tale so I just give it Five Stars for a betrayed husband who stood up for himself.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Ha

I've just read the comments and now I am laughing my ass off. Especially coming from some respected authors and others who just never can understand why a couple breaks up over cheating. Damn, that's one reason I don't read as much anymore. Too much bullshit out there. Thanks, BigGuy for no bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
?More?

Seemed like a chapter of what could really be a great story. Leah's addition ruined it for me. Mr Carter need a good beat down or three to teach him some respect and to leave married women alone. Or BTB...Burn the Bastard!!!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 7 years ago
does not compute

If she loved him so much and can't stand to be away from him:

Then why would she stay another day on all the business trips to have sex with the boss instead of hurrying home to the husband she claims to love?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Absolutely stupid brainwashed cheating cunt

I have met a couple of women like her so I won't say they don't exist, what I don't get is how he never figure her out. The mean that were with those women opened their eyes very soon, because they can't hide hwho they are for long. Only fail i see in your story. A self-centered cunt like her can't hide who she really is for long, at least he was blind or not paying any attention to their relationship.

Good story, not great. I would have like an update about how she ended. Too much emphasis on the cheating and not on the consequences

Tiger27Tiger27about 7 years ago
Lawsuit

Should have filed an alienation suit against the Carters as well as divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not bad but short of being great

Lawyers can only delay so long, especially when no children are involved. But why didn't he sue the Company and Jim Carter? Why didn't he record the meeting with Helen Carter and use it as leverage? He could have retired on the money from those lawsuits. I never like to she betrayers get off scot free. And that's what the Carter's and his ex-wife are doing. Getting away with no consequences. Not good.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE CAKE AND EAT IT TOO

plus take all the presents, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
there's a new way

Alienation of affection is only a case in 6 states.

Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress is a real possibility however.

They did not care enough to not do something which they had to know would hurt him.

Their indifference to his feelings is the key.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 7 years ago
How about the Press?

Let them know how good old Jim Carter broke up their marriage by sleeping with his assistant. Maybe the old fart would have a heart attack or stroke. The Carters wanted to avoid publicity, bury them in it. Mrs. Carter won't be able to show her face in decent society. Trish won't have a job, a dead man doesn't need an assistant. She will have to leave town as the only job offers she will get are to be rich guys' mistress. Revenge will be total.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 7 years ago
Story too short

I thought the story was too abrupt. It could have been longer. Or perhaps not...maybe Helen gave the story in as much detail as she could. But it seems that Trish's thoughts on the adultery needed more explanation. I don't really know why Trish was so dead set on "helping" Jim, knowing what she was doing to her marriage. In other words, why was screwing this guy so important, even knowing that it would break up her marriage, even knowing her husband's opinion on her actions.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 7 years ago
She cheats, but it's ok

Then he cheats, but it's ok. These two deserve each other.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 7 years ago
Agree with Scorpio!

Publicly smear them and then move on.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
The same old arguments

Told from a third party point of view.

After reading a few of these stories I am almost convinced couples contemplating marriage should be required to answer a few questions:

. Do the wedding vows require monogomous exclusivity by both parties?

. Does the act of physically having sex mean anything emotionally, or is it just sex?

. If you have had a limited number of sexual partners will it be ok at some future point to try out a few more because you might become curious?

. Is there anyone in your past who, if they were to come back into your social or business community, you would feel compelled to reunite, no matter how many years or children we may have together?

I'm sure there may be more but if your answers differ to these questions, walk away now.

luedonluedonalmost 7 years ago
Only "almost" convinced, Rightbank?

You must be 'absolutely' convinced, Rightbank. There's no place for the half-hearted in the LW commentaries. Considered doubt will get you nowhere.

Lue

Justgr8Justgr8almost 7 years ago
Hmmm

While I love this story, that asshole and his business needed to feel some pain...... 4****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3103 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...