All Comments on 'In a Class of His Own Ch. 01'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
KerbouchardKerbouchardabout 7 years ago
Thank you for the trip down Memory Lane

AE, thank you also for your previous stories, I have greatly enjoyed them all.

Winter of 1973 found me in Europe for a couple months as a much less sophisticated version of “Chris”. Unfortunately I never found a “Moe”, nor had ever had a successful date before finding myself losing my virginity to an Amsterdam prostitute at age 20, (grins), and I didn't experience “Carol” until I returned to finish my BA at college. If I had a nickel for each time I heard the dreaded “nice guy” label, I would be rich. I never really learned female “signals” nor appearing “confident” to women. I did stumble on to my wife of 35 years who has no clue about that stuff either. Thanks AE, I look forward to following Chris

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 7 years ago
Great Stuff!

So looking fwd to of main character's next adventures. As a volunteer editor, it also pleases me how your writing is virtually error free from a proofreading standpoint. So often the well received writers on this site with marks in the same range as yours, persist in presenting sloppy editions of their work. But I do understand the lack of incentive to over self-edit or motivate voluntary editing from others when payments are non-monetary. So we readers thank you for what you do - payment in full marks.

*****

Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A Love Story

Oh I only hope there are more chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Glad you're back!

Hope you enjoyed your break

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 good story And be thankful annony won't rad any more of your stories

Even if he knows he will again and again. He's insane

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
Really good read........

....looking forward to reading more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blown AWAY!!

Beautiful, erotic, tender, and one for the good guys. I look forward to the next chapters.

AaroneousAaroneousover 3 years ago

Romance, sex and a little extra. Well worth the read. All the way to the last chapter.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

A very good start to what I expect will a very good read. 5*s as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Golden stars to a new favorite author...!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What the, Before Sunset?

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Good start, enjoying it

rayironyrayirony4 months ago

After some time,just did a 2nd read through.

Still an unequivocal 5 stars

AardieAardie2 months ago

She was American and apparently he isn’t. I went back to see if missed you saying where was from and didn’t see any mention. Is he Canadian?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

IT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL that "women are always sending signals" or that "most of the time,it's the woman who initiates contact"!WOMEN DEFINITELY AREN'T "ALWAYS" sending signals,but ONLY SOMETIMES!And IT'S OBVIOUS that FOR THE LARGE MAJORITY OF TIME,MEN ARE THOSE WHO INITIATE CONTACT,not women!STOP WRITING such TOTALLY UNREALISTIC NONSENSES!

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 1 month agoAuthor

Reply to "It's not true"

You're anonymous, so I can't respond to you privately.

There are a number of things you should consider. First, the character speaking those words is a 20 or 21 year old college girl. What are the odds that she understands everything there is to know about life, the universe, and how to pick up women?

Second, there's the possibility that the opinion expressed by a character does not necessarily represent the author's own views. Third, the use of capital letters in a comment. It reads as if you're yelling. Why are you yelling? (And why are you yelling at a fictional character?)

Fourth, did you read what follows from Moe's comments? With her 'signals', she unintentionally attracts the attention of a boorish lout named Ted, who wants to fight Chris. Surely that's a bit of a hint that Moe's 'signals' don't actually work all that well?

SPOILER - It's going to take several more chapters for Chris to figure out that Moe doesn't know what she's talking about. Did you happen to notice the title, by any chance?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Also,I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND why someone says that "she was American and apparently he isn’t"!IT'S VERY CLEAR that HE IS AN AMERICAN,TOO!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4326 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES