All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 075'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great Job Again Tef

Actually I think this is one of your best chapters. The amount of detail covered off and sub-plots closed is impressive. Not to mention the foreshadowing. Last but not least, excellent character development.

I trust you get the positive feedback this deserves.

The Othet Dave

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
Great job.5 stars

One of my favorite Chapters ! I always give bonus points when innocent good people don't have to die :-) . Was worried about how both Tashana & John & crew would react if her fears caused a heavy battle loses , the guilt would have haunted them all. Already pacing the floor to find out how she'll slide into the team & what lies in store for our intrepid crew .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Third!

I wonder what you have in store for is next, Tefler? Will they be visiting the Ashanath, or the old space station, or chasing leads on the Mael'nerak? Also, I kind of dislike how quickly this arc was finished. I feel like you utilized a Deus ex machina to win the war, and could have taken another chapter for the end of the insurgency and Tashana's joining the crew. Other than that, beautiful job again and a five star rating for you.

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonabout 7 years ago

The wait is horrible but well worth it! I was so emotional when they caught up with Tashana! So glad to see her getting healed. And the sene with Irilith and her mother was smoking hot!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
The Psychological Understanding

Of where Tashana was immediately after her failed attempt at suicide was outstanding. Once one gets past the emotional imputus to do the deed, the decision for life is just as powerful a motivator, if not more so.

And Tashana's initial decision to not join the crew was very consistent with her persona until she realized there was another, evil progen running around the area. Then her immediate change of heart was EXACTLY spot on with her personality and belief system.

And I applaud you finally gave the initial FTL, thruster, engine, and heat sink upgrades to all the Maliri. Been calling for that for some time. It only makes sense as John wants to keep his flock safe with him being gone so much dealing with Galactic scale crises.

I am constantly impressed with Tefler's understanding of psychology btw. It shows up in so many subtle ways, both in and outside the story.

One note, it has been several weeks since John has contacted Sensae. I am thinking it would be very cathartic for him to be involved when they go after the master assassin. Perhaps a death scene where he gets his revenge and the peace he so wishes for? It would be a fitting tragic moment in the story as well that would not involve one of the primary characters, but one that can still emotionally capture the hearts of readers....just a thought.

Finally, I know there have been hints of the ranges of each of the weapon loadouts and their relative strength to original equipment. But could we get a summary by anyone who has the time to research it or perhaps from Tefler? If Tefler prefers to just post that on his Patreon Page that would still be wonderful. BTW: LOVED the Invictus before and after sketches!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
Innocent

I would say that perspective depends greatly upon your social environment and the age of the person. Children, due to the nature of their immaturity and inability to comprehend the differences of good and evil are then, by definition, innocent.

The invisible line then becomes can the person discern between good and evil. Having worked with the disabled and those from twisted social fabrics I can honestly state I feel even some who have reached adulthood are truly innocent. However: that means one who is choosing good consistently is not so much innocent as just a person of good character.

I am thinking good character is much more difficult than innocence...in a desperate world.

AccuracyVsGuessworkAccuracyVsGuessworkabout 7 years ago
Sisters two, Grey Dawn, More Pilots?

Note: in the preview this all seems to come out in one paragraph, hoping that's not the case as it would be harder to read.

Loving the story, looking forwards in fear towards the finial chapter, that is a real problem but you have other stories in the works for when that happens right?

We don't have to go into detox or anything.

Well looks like the fiery princess will soon be joining the crew, it is a sad thing that she as to leave behind her memories of her true shipmates but it is what she needs to heal. The mystery of the mirror will have to wait till you reveal it of course.

Seeing how similar the sisters were in response to John, fighting till the very end until giving in it is going to be fun finding out just how alike they are when they get to share John for the first time together.

As others have said her reactions fit the trauma she experienced. To the loosing it watching the game being played to the suicidal attack.

The Drakkar are going to be a handful but what is Legacy? A weapon a store of information, both?

With Dragons still preparing John looks to have a lot of work in the next chapters.

In the refit there was the second hanger.

Now Just the Raptor is a force to be reckoned with but if he had more ships like that. I can only hope to imagine what Dana would be able to create and what she would call them, probably an innuendo as 'release the Fuck Ships Up squadron' would be a bit awkward to say in the middle of battle.

But the pilots being brought in. That would require special dosing, as the engineers have already tasted the benefits.

Now how to chose them, if there was one from every house, a small contest could be held to find the best of the best might work. There is still the chance of some waiting at a space station as he returns to Terran space.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good to have the "regular" again!

After the last two chapters back with the action!

1. Mother-daughter scene

A++, really really liked the sex talk

2. Edraele's plan

Just go show the rest of the girls might have genius level intellect, but it can't compare to a century plus years of experience.

I do hope you'll deviate with mostly adding "girls" characters / personalities to the more experienced sort (since physically looks wise it makes no matter) woman, as she shows she has so much more to contribute.

3. Jade

Well here is where you slipped IMO.

To quote Alyssa "You spent most of the last three weeks either acting as a very tasty straw for John's quad, or blown up like a deliciously curvy, cum-inflated balloon. I doubt you'd have had time for anything else, sexy!"

As she is the number one girl with tons of history (see #2) she is definitely not getting enough "screen time" (an no, the mass seeding scenes don't count).

I'd really like to see some development with her :(

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
Clever way to avoid the Malari Battle

Glad the wayward sister has been reclaimed and healed. Five stars are not enough for this series!

gregsjlngregsjlnabout 7 years ago
YESSSS

Nicely done, you put that together expertly, now I awaiting the next level of intrigue and suspense in the lives of John Blake and his beautiful companions.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
'release the Fuck Ships Up squadron'

LMAO: I am thinking the BARFSUS. Bad Ass Really Fuck Shit Up Squadron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent

I'm so glad it was not necessary for Tashana to die. Once again, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great way to end the conflict and wrap up this story arch

Loved how the crew was able to end the battle without any loss of life. John seems to be gaining a lot of foresight with giving the Maliri watered down versions of the tech upgrades they have acquired. I am hoping humanity can become a bigger ally to John in the future as well.

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
Tefler

excellent chapter, a thoroughly supreme Sun Tzu war, and much entertainment. I did wonder how we managed to slip past Edraele in a human shower experience in just a few words. I thought from the lead up with the Milari shower a few chapters and a refit back some entertainment was implied to be coming.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
@AccuracyVsGuesswork

I cannot decide if small fighter drones or manned fighters are best.

With the manned versions you have the risk of loss of valued women (assuming white haired Maliri of course). The inertia negation device makes their agility differences non-existent. So one has to balance the risk of loss with the ability to act indipendently.

Having seen what a Nexus server AI can do with a fleet of 50 ships, I am thinking smaller drones whose loss during a battle would not be as bad as losing a Maliri pilot. I am thinking Faye or advanced VI controlled ships would be better.

Thinking a plane of 4 beam lasers side by side with a shield generator, progen power core, a Trankaran engine, Maliri avionics and fire control packages, proprietary coms unit, Trankaran thrusters and progen computer package straped to the top of them in an oval (or possibly flat bottomed egg shaped) 12 shaped Crystal Alysium prism with both sides festooned with 2 gimbal mounted pulse cannons each and the top with 4 pulse cannons on gimbal mounts.

The smaller ships would mean more could be packed into the hangar, thinking two wings of 5 each controlled by Faye. Jade can pilot the Raptor while 10 of Faye's personas could pilot the drones. Faye Primary could man the pulse cannons while the 12th Faye could watch over the cyber security.

texanguy1texanguy1about 7 years ago
wow

First Tefler, that was a hell of a throw back to the movie War Games. When they made Joshua play tic tac toe over and over​, I thought of the whole senario.

I can't wait to see what Dana was working on.

I wish I could write like you, but damn, that would take me away from reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
breeching charges

Is John's ship immune to breeching charges now because that would be hilarious when the locked onto his ship and blew the charges and the looked at the little dent they made.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 7 years ago
Would you like to play a game?

That was lol funny. I truly heard that in the Computer's voice in my head instead of Faye's voice as I read it.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeabout 7 years ago
Re: Would you like to play a game?

Good catch. And let's not overlook the nod to Starship Troopers when Faye asks during the game, "Would you like to know more?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bravo! Bravo!

Wow! very well done. I knew it was coming however I definitely wasn't expecting to get a bloodless AWESOME display of new power along with his newly cowed allies! expertly thought out. I laughed out loud when they tracker beamed a message in the asteroid field. that is why you rock!

still lots of new foreshadowing in this chapter to give me plenty to be on the lookout for and other things that could be self inflicted wounds for me to shake my head asking WHY. hahaha.

loved it, superb work! keep at it.

cheers!

keith

AZPTRAZPTRabout 7 years ago
Tremendous

Great writing. The resolution with Tashana was well thought out.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanabout 7 years ago
Awesome work!! Exited for more LORE!!!

first i want to say thank you for the best current story in literotica. its amazing how great of a story is this compere to the average here. i am a very emotional person and i almost gave up back on ch.50-52 but i stuck to it and i don't regret a thing. the world you created is so amazing and rich in lore i can see a lot side-stories can come up from this.

now that tashana is officially part of the family i am hoping a lot of new lore to come and we can learn a lot more about the progenitors. and why they are the way they are. i have the theory that the progenitor come from another galaxy far far away and they are whole galaxies where a progenitor rules. i think they think of themselves as this awesome conquering race that when they discover a new galaxy the send a baby progenitor to conquer it (dbz sayan style) but something went wrong with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wormhole

Hi,

Thanks for this wonderful series and all your coming awesome wonderful series.

Now that John and team has some understanding of wormhole working are they going to try to jump from on one point to another point(universe) in coming chapters.

And you have mentioned that the John's ship colour is white and other Progenitor is black is it delbrate attempts to show them as black and white (good and bad)

Pamm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A Thought...

I see no reason we can't Upload Athena to a Progenitor Server... and then install it in Genthalas Station.

hpinghpingabout 7 years ago
So what is next?

For I forget: Thanks Tefler for this chapter, I enjoyed it.

Now to business:

Refit & rearming & rebuilding the Invictus has had his obligatory destruction of a asteroid-field, now having two targets: test the weapons and next to get the rest of the Maliri to follow John. The fine point is that the Maliri under the influence of Edraele do not have the upgrades the game tells them they have. Speaking of playing a bit of poker with high stakes.

Tashana has done her task by rounding up all the other houses. Nice to do for her, but she was now rescued and cured, thus forcing the final "curing" of Edraele and Irilith of their memories about their "bad" behavior. Bad between qoutes because it was the normal way when it happened. Note: As a reader it is easy to apply "moral" labels to actions, just as prosecutors and judges seem to do when prosecuting and/or sentencing people for actions they took in a situation without really investigating if their (that is the prosecutor's and/or judge's) action is reasonable considering the actual situation.

So there are new problems showing up. John and his crew suspect that the Ashanath have hidden some things from them. We know that the Ashanath were created by Mael'nerak, but what their task was is still not known, so maybe Tashana will provide some facts, hard but presumably soft, indicated by some finds about what Mael'nerak was up to.

I wonder what the secret of the Ashanath is? Maybe a weapon for Dana to examine and to incorporate into the design of the Progenitor ship whose building plans she show with Irilith in chapter 73? If they share those plans with the Maliri they can start cranking out squadrons of those ships, building up a fleet that will be a major force, even with a weapon loading of conventional - that is not improved or shared by Dana - firepower.

I suspect that John will receive the message of the Ashanath in the next chapter, when he is testflying his ship to visit Calara's family, or even vice-admiral Charles Harris on Olympus, to see what has happened in the Terran Federation after the destruction of the Kintark fleet.

Still I want to know who was the strange man with the Kintark emperor, who was the commander of the Progenitor-ship who killed admiral Lynton, where admiral Norwood is hiding ( may be he is impersonating the real admiral Norwood??).

Still there are a few more treads to be dealt with.

I'm hoping that the next chapter will be up soon.

GriffinCri7GriffinCri7about 7 years ago
A suggestion in political alliance

Let me just say that once again I am thrilled with the progression of the series so far. It really has been a privilege to contemplate your work.

Now as John is solidifying the government of the Maliri Regency, he is improving there tech. I would suggest that as he stabilizes more governments, he gives each, let us say a (liberally controlled) group of texts for tech upgrades.

This will allow him to maintain his hard won advantages but also to work to succor his own position and that of his allies.

Now I agree that giving the admiralty of terra what they wanted has the potential for disaster. However giving them nothing is also a very poor plan for all involved. That being said, grouping the "friendly" governments into a Self Defense Agreement and None Aggression Conglomerate might be worth consideration.

Sincerely GriffinCri7

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RE: A thought...

Athena isn't an AI so John can't just upload her to a server. She's just a progenitor guide built for Alyssa that resides on the Astral Plane

-TheDesirable0ne

PS: Great job Tefler! Keep on pumping out these awesome chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Another brilliant chapter looking forward to reading much more of your work. Thanks for sharing this story.

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
what's next?

@anonymous (Re: uploading Athena to server)

If they're going to do that, they still need a mechanism to download her from the spirit plane first. Although, a thought just occurred as I was typing this: Irilith accesses the ship's cyber realm via what appears to be a standard spirit walk, followed by projecting herself into her console's access ports. Would something as simple as that work for Athena? Timing for saving Athena is going to be critical (in general, regardless of how). Too soon and they risk stunting Alyssa's psychic growth, too late and Athena may have already merged.

I'm eager to see where the Invictus will go next. We know that a call for aid is likely coming from the Ashanath, but John & Co. don't yet. The conversation between Alyssa and Dana about sensor range suggests that the long overdue visit to the Brimorians may be coming. Over the short term, no doubt they'll finish the non-combat portions of the refit, as well as completing the "recruitment" of the other fourteen Matriarchs.

Relatedly, I can't help thinking that if John plans to heal all the Maliri of the skewed gender ratio, he needs a more efficient plan than twenty-five way blowjobs. Dividing that out by billions of Maliri would mean the fix would take an absurd amount of time to reach everyone, and no matter how much John enjoys blowjobs he would be profoundly bored of them by the end. Anything short of million way blowjobs (which is an image that just boggles my mind, not to mention one that doesn't work with John's getting to know everyone approach that he's used so far) is going to take silly amounts of time. Even at the volume John produces, dividing it a million ways would come to almost nothing on a per Maliri basis. If he's just planning to heal some and let the cure work it's way through the population, that's also going to take forever. He's approaching 1000 converted, but that's still going to dilute the gift to (literally) one in a million across the general population.

In this case, even though John's plan is undoubtedly the most fun (for John anyway), Rachel would seem the best qualified for the major effort of curing the Maliri. We have already seen her do absurdly fast genetic analysis and rapidly develop cures for very serious injuries. This seems like exactly the sort of thing that she would be up to her elbows in. The downside is that a medical cure wouldn't forge a psychic link with the women cured. On the other hand, she was also attempting to study the psychic link at one point. Maybe she could create the cure in such a way as to also create a psychic link, either directly as part of the cure, or separately formulated and given as a two in one injection.

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
double post (bad jlmn!)

Remembered two other things I've been thinking about:

First, what color will they use to identify Tashana when wearing armor, since she and Irilith are twins? If I recall correctly, Irilith was established to be white, following the hair color convention. Maybe go with blue instead, for her skin tone? Related to that, how do they differentiate Calara and Rachel since they both have brown hair? Since Calara rarely goes on the away missions it hasn't come up yet, and it was glossed over during the fight in the unclaimed wastes, when Calara was along.

Second, John's reaction to lay low when dragged into the demon dimension is reasonable, but I'm hoping that he'll start to become comfortable with his wards and go exploring. Maybe he can find out something about the dimension, why he is being brought there, what it might mean to the upcoming confrontation with the BSP, and how it fits into progenitors generally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The best!

By far the best SciFi series on Literotica. Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very interesting

This is such an awesome story. I love it can't wait for more.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
JLMN

"Relatedly, I can't help thinking that if John plans to heal all the Maliri of the skewed gender ratio, he needs a more efficient plan than twenty-five way blowjobs."

It would only take about 3 generations for things to be noticibly better for the Maliri.

The real change does not happen through the women. It happens through the males. This assumes John sets things up so the male offspring will override the genetic predilection to female children..

At 1000 women having say, 4 children, you are talking about 2000 male children of breeding age in 25 or so years. Each male child having about 108 male children a year (Just 4 a month, which in a target rich environment is just a rediculously low number), in another 25 years you would have 2,700,000 new males in the population or approximately 108,000 additional males per year for another 25 year period. When those additional 108,000 males per year come of age, the male population explodes exponentially.

Now this scenario is overly simplistic and assumes no attrition from death/illness. But I think you see the point.

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
PLRus

I was using chapter 55 (middle of page 6) as the basis of my thoughts on the speed of fixing the gender ratio. When John is talking to Rachel about fixing the gender ratio, Rachel supposes that the skew is enforced by the egg, not the available sperm. It isn't much more than a guess, but Rachel is rather uncanny with her guessing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Athena needs to go

The cast is big enough and John needs to fail at something... maybe a few things. He needs to retain some sense of being flawed and being in stuatuions where he could ultimate die strengthens the story. Love the concept and I love how you keep the sex to a minimum. One hot steamy sex scene per chapter is more than enough! Hahah

jlmnjlmnabout 7 years ago
Three other thoughts (still Re. PRLus)

I was also assuming "normal" genetics (which, yes, is possibly an unsafe assumption) where (simplified) a trait is only passed on 50% of the time.

In addition, the 1000 repaired males in your example are still competing with more than 100 _million_ unaffected males, and to the best of my recollection the repaired males have no selection advantage, unlike the white haired women.

I also think your children per mother (or per father for that matter) is rather optimistic, but there's no way to know how the Maliri population will act if/when the males are more readily available so that could go either way. Ceraden at least would appear to be trending strongly monogamously, as well as desiring to be involved with his children. Neither is typical in historical Maliri culture, but we don't know if that's what the men want or because of the previously toxic culture towards men. If the other men tend to follow Ceraden's path, that will severely reduce the rate of propagation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
gender vs extinction or is there too much blue in the world

To repopulate the maliri worlds - and does one want to or would it be better for everyone to have more space - all is needed is artificial insemination; throw John's sperm into the mix and make it a proper lottery. Alternatively or as part of the solution polygamy would work but surely that skews the power between the sexes badly the other way.

What is really the easiest is to get rachel on the case: given her track record not a single mouse will be harmed in the instant cure - but surely a cure would also stop the fatal attraction to long white hair which however would be an inevitable by-product - so hair dye is going to be the next big thing and I for one will be bying shares.

And yes, keep the great man and us readers a bit frustrated. Athena should meld - the odd tear is good for the soul - and Faye can only have cybersex... I'm sure these things could be solved in some amazing way but it would be a shame.

Still an engaging series and I'm in awe of your work ethics, Tefler.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeabout 7 years ago
So, when and how...

...did John learn to read Maliri?

He glanced at the sign, "Ralomoire" written in sweeping lettering, and raised his eyebrow in appreciation.

This is on Genthalas station, which is exclusively Maliri except for John and his crew. There would be no reason for signage to be written in any other language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So, when and how...

You question him reading a sign when every alien in existence speaks the same language as everybody else?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is so cool

haha Tefler they played "Homeworlds" in there own spaceships.... and had to battle the main boss...... and its so cool they made the game in only a short period of time, those kind of games take years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
This is so cool

Fire probably took a long time to make a few thousand years ago as well. Pretty easy for us now though!

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
Brimorians?

Will John & the girls need to visit the Brimorians now or can they get the info they need from a captured Kintrak ship with their new up grades . We've seen in the past that they usually don't share their top military grade tech , John has been able to "negotiate" better deals to get it but maybe Dana can do with the standard commercial tech & do her own up-grade. Would save time but we'd miss out meeting a new space species . Just wondering while waiting for next Chapter

big65dawguwbig65dawguwabout 7 years ago
Healing the Maliri

No Dr. & not sure how Tefler ideas about how John's sperm works but it seems that a small dose of it allows him to repair the damage Mael-nerak did ( their eggs over producing females) . Even given his prodigious production he can only do so much so fast & eventually the unchanged dark haired females (who vastly out number males & activated females ) might turn on them in jealousy if became common knowledge .Seems like the hair dye idea might be a way to cover it up & even encourage a style change & introduce a

few redheads, brunettes , honey blonds , even a few purple or blue .

As to repopulating the Maliiri worlds with his children , normal humans produce 200-500-million sperm in an ejaculation & John probably more & since (like they say about NFL draft ) it only takes one , artificially he could knock up most of a planet's females but would it be a good idea genetically . He hopefully has a long life ahead of him & maybe it would be more practical to stretch out visiting the various Malairi worlds & choosing select mom's , rather than trying to father a whole race .

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
ONE Potential Issue

With John donating sperm for pregnancies.

The children will all be Progens! With all his baggage! No wonder something is holding him back...

MyFlogMyFlogabout 7 years ago
Great Chapter

Tashana is a legitimate hero. Granted she was misguided but she fought to save a society that shunned her, a mother and sister who banished her, against a foe from her deepest nightmares. All this after being raped, tortured, and disfigured. Ballads should be written about her, Poems, books, they should build fucking statues to her! But this leads to a problem. Sure John can wipe her memories, sure he can do the same to Eredele and Irrilith but he can't do it to every Maliri. This solution doesn't seem like it would work even in the short term.

That being said, fantastic chapter. Impressive story to date.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Best chapter since battle of Regulus

Loved it. Tefler has excelled again. And now we wait till Ch 76... x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Answer to Brimorians

Like all the other races, their shield tech won't be as perfect as the Progenitors' but Dana has also unlocked a whole series of knowledge & schematics from looking at the old progenitor ship. They may not even need a visit to Brimorian space. However, considering the most recent references, we may still be seeing a visit there along with a large-scale conflict with the Kintark. Looks like John has more saving to do in Ashanath Space as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I am so glad you let Teshana have a life.... and how the dynamic of twins and Edraele will all come together...

I'm curious how she will fit in now... Pyrokenisys....hmmmm.. Better have good fire extinguishers on the Invictus...

John was behaving very dense for a guy as perceptive as he and Alyssa are.. I guess he's like most guys... brilliant and dumb.

1handslapping1handslappingabout 7 years ago
perhaps

donating sperm for pregnancies isn't what is required, perhaps a pill with a handful of sperm suspended inside could act as a psychic antenna. and all John has to do is push a psychic wave out to all those Milari on a planet who have taken one at the same time to take the block on 9/10 Male sperm out.

maddictmaddictabout 7 years ago
Asteroids, I never had enough quarter's to be very good. (1979 atari)

Of all the weapons available, fear was the most powerful almost destroying a entire civilization. I thought malifica had great potential but swaying the lesser houses was a bit of a stretch.

You do redeem yourself however with a grandmothers love of her unborn offspring. Her desire to send half of their dna off with a kiss thru my ball sack, priceless. This adventure is still loads of fun

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 7 years ago
We need a sarcasm font

"Athena needs to go

The cast is big enough and John needs to fail at something... maybe a few things. He needs to retain some sense of being flawed and being in stuatuions where he could ultimate die strengthens the story. Love the concept and I love how you keep the sex to a minimum. One hot steamy sex scene per chapter is more than enough! Hahah"

As the Joker says, "Not sure if serrrioussssss"

horned_lizardhorned_lizardabout 7 years ago
Everything went better than expected :)

> Brandishing glasses of whiskey

Odd word choice. I would have gone with "fortified" or "armed with".

> "Just think what it'll be like, when I get the rest of the Progenitor tech," she said, with an acquisitive gleam in her sky-blue eyes

hungry gleam, I picture sparks as a shark, always alert for new tech and ready to sink her teeth into it.

> I will do, thank you,* she replied, sounding touched by his concern for her.

Unfinished sentence?

=-=-=-=-=-=

You're still using too many commas, they are supposed to be slight pauses in the sentences. Read some of the story back, but consciously be aware of what it would sound like if you were reading it out loud. Multiple pauses where they shouldn't be is discordant and throws off the readers' groove. I won't mention this again unless you /really/ go nuts with it.

I like the way John handled the fleet confrontation.. Use of a dynamic combat simulator right after the Invictus combat power demo was an excellent way to diffuse the situation.

Tashana was finally seen as hysteric by the Matriarchs she tried to use at just the right time. I thought she gave up to Alyssa a little too quickly, at first, but she really didn't have any other option. I felt Alyssa should have mentioned that John is only /half/ progenitor. That would have been a huge point in his favor.

Design of the Invictus just keeps getting better and better. I'm so tired of seeing battleships with command decks exposed on the hull for the sake of a window. Watching things from there is pointless when the scale is so big. Combat bridge and rapid-armor equip was a sensible precaution, as was having weapons on the bridge and the secret passage to the hangar. May I assume a new ship acquisition is in the near future? Something along the lines of a troop carrier? A bunch of Maliri commandos would do wonders for their combat potential. Each squad could be led by one of the girls, if need be.

Drones controlled by Faye would also be an asset. With no life-signatures, they could be positioned in stealth. Beam laser right up the 'ol engine block will put 'em down quick. Perhaps sparks could mod them to assemble into a huge gauss cannon in an asteroid field for a surprise attack against the progen ship.

Over all, very well done. I thought it felt like two weeks waiting for the next chapter to come out but it was only 3-4 days.

fitter469fitter469about 7 years ago
This is your roller coaster

Wow Tefler!

This is your story and you tell it so SO well. You have a way of tolerating those of us that comment. Thank you for that.

This is your tale though and gosh. Thank you.

I have mass to say about how I thought about how you would handle the twin. what you did was both weak and strong. there was a whole story that could have been told - again.

I am totally happy with how you did the Inviticus. I am happy about your whole story!

I hope your own RL is on a course that you are satisfied with.

Living RL aint the same as... (shrugs) Well done and thank you.

fitter469fitter469about 7 years ago

Too many thank "yous" in a row?

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: horned lizard

Hey, thanks for the feedback!

Re: brandishing glasses of whiskey.

Try googling it, I didn't make up the phrase. ;-)

Interesting alternatives, but "Fortified" implies they were already drunk, and "armed with" makes it seem they needed the drink for Dutch courage.

Re: hungry

Acquisitive is like hungry+, meaning an obsessive interest in obtaining material things (in this case technology). I thought about using hungry when I wrote the sentence, but I'd used it elsewhere in the chapter so went for an alternate choice.

Re: unfinished sentence

I'll search for that when I get home, thanks for pointing that one out!

Thanks for the commas feedback. One of my editors went a bit nuts with commas when editing this, and I scaled some of it back. I'll go through and cut the excessive ones.

I'm glad you liked the simulator resolution to the battle. I thought it might be an interesting way of handling the confrontation peacefully. :-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: fitter469

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear you're enjoying the story!

RL is going well, thanks for your well wishes. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Re: horned lizard

I'd go with Tefler's phrasing. He makes good choices - that's why he is a popular author. I'm all for correcting mistakes but you want to change his words

TeflerTeflerabout 7 years agoAuthor
Re: brimorians

The Invictus is still using the original Terran shields, albeit boosted by a Maliri shield modulator. A visit to the brimorians is definitely still on the cards! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fantastic!

I'm wondering if the Maliri (Regency) is the inheritance the Ashanath spoke of? That may mean that Mael'nerak is John's father/ancestor. Hmmm... Technically wouldn't Terrans, Tranakans, etc also be his inheritance? Maybe the other progen is trying to steal from him.

- a fan of your series

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Inheritance

The 'inheritance' is 100% progenitor john/ his knowledge and power

Like 100%

FatherSinFatherSinalmost 7 years ago
Apologies accepted

I knew it was going to get ugly.

I normally try to help spot comments that could use an answer within my share of information. If I can help reduce reader management so Tefler can write instead that fills time between edits. Tefler was asking for attitude with the handling of Tashana.

It was very simple. She needed time or else she would go meltdown, as a surface level, kind and gentle strategy. Give her a chance to settle in. Thirteen hard years away. It takes more than two or three days safe at home before she is likely to calm down. But without talking she was at risk of spinning out and she did. You can't really fix a crazy person. You can only help them fix their own confusion and fears, and step one is let the chaos settle to stabilize them.

A rubber room is a last resort because it is an escalation. A sane person can freak out if they are thrown in that type of confinement.

They saw evidence that her psychic powers were her default get out of jail response. Her tumour could be aggravated and kill after a major Psychic episode. They did not want to provoke that.

I knew the comments were going to be brutal, so I stayed away from them last chapter, with only one quick look to confirm how bad they got.

Tefler sent you on a trip. Glad you're all coming back.

TravelFastTravelFastalmost 7 years ago
Brimorians

I've been looking forward to the Brimorians since back in chapter 30 or so. I always loved shield tech in Sci Fi stories and movies and can't wait to see how theirs works. I've been reading close to as long as PLRus just haven't commented that often due to college. It's great to see how large a fanbase there is now

Avenger0201Avenger0201almost 7 years ago
First Time

Hi Tefler.....

Its my first time commenting on your chapter.... Lets just say it was awesome...I have been following you since chapter 25 of TSM and there is not a single day gone when I don't check Lit for any update of yours. Though I know that we can get all the juicy stuffs at Patreon but sadly I cant have it juat now. So just wanted to say Dude... Just get it on Man.... And just a small inquiry.. When do we get our next dose of TSM..Ch.76....???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thank you.

Although I have been following the adventures of John and his four balls since almost day one, this will be my first comment. I just wanted to express how much I have been enjoying reading and look forward to the next chapter. So, thanks, Tefler. Keep up the good work.

P.s. you should consider, when this is finished, publishing this, or an improved and rewritten version of it on amazon as an e-book, just saying, i'd buy it.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all the comments!

Apologies for not replying to them all individually, but I did read them all! Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to leave feedback.

My keyboard finally died on the weekend, so I lost a couple of days getting that replaced, and I've been scrambling to make up for lost time!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Travelfast

I'm hoping the jaunt into the Brimorian Enclave will be fun. I always like fleshing out a new species!

It's great you've been following the story for so long, and I agree, seeing the fanbase grow has been fantastic!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Avenger0201

Thanks for leaving your first comment! It's always nice to see new faces (figuratively of course!).

I've been adding more bits to Patreon recently, with sketches of the Invictus, deck plans, and loadout discussions. Hopefully you'll be able to find your way on there eventually. :-)

As to Chapter 76, you're in luck!

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 76 is finished!

I just finished Chapter 76 a few minutes ago, and I'll be handing it over to my editors in a moment. It's 30k words, and Tashana finally reveals more about the Progenitors!

I'm hoping to have it up on Patreon within a day or two, then it should be on here by about Wednesday next week, all being well.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Precautions and Athena

I was just thinking...

... When it comes to progenitor John, the crew could take more precautions. For example, John recently changed the nature of the bond with the girls so they don't have to obey his commands. Why stop there? Athena is never going to go all evil, so why not make it so that John has to follow Alyssa's commands? It would only be used in desperate situations, but why not? Maybe Tashana can come up with the idea once she gets over her maliri cum/crack binge.

Also, if Athena is going to be saved or killed, please have it be a badass moment/battle either way! If you save her, make it by the skin of her teeth! Have the crew scrambling to find a way to save her from the astral plane monsters or something.... Which gives me an idea...

...you know how John gets nightmares when a new girl gets added? Well, I was just thinking, with Alyssa becoming a progenitor and all, maybe the crew gets all confused when Tashana doesn't cause a nightmare, only to have it happen to Alyssa! If Alyssa gets attacked and wounded by the astral plane monster and Athena is the only thing stopping the monsters, it would be interesting if Athena's life ends when John realizes that he can't gamble with Alyssa's life for her sake. Not only would it be interesting for John's character, but it could also highlight insecurities in the group overall especially in Rachel and Tashana.

Point is, that astral plane army of evil mofo's aren't going to be disposed permanently by those shields. Eventually there will be a showdown.

Also that's a reason why John can't impregnate anybody just yet. If you think the nightmares NOW are bad, just wait until he's actually creating new life instead of bonding with existing life. That would be a massive shitshow.

MuledriverMuledriveralmost 7 years ago
Re: Precautions and Athena

Couple of problems....

John can affect the girls bonds, but the girls can't affect the bond with John. Yes, Alyssa is a Progen, but there has not been a way for her to "hair tonic" anybody. This had been discussed several chapters ago. One potential, was through breast milk. But as of yet, she does not have any way to make a bond with anyone.....

It is not that John CAN'T impregnate anyone yet.... It has been stated that it is a CHOICE. So far, John has chosen not to impregnate anyone, because of all the current galactic turmoil they keep finding themselves embroiled in. Has doesn't want to knock up and run. He wants a safe place he can relax and raise kids.

Interesting ideas though.

I have no clue whether Tefler has a save Athena solution. She might get absorbed, or he might pull something out of the far arm of the galaxy and save her.... We shall have to wait and see what he has in his new keyboard...

Draco9881Draco9881almost 7 years ago
The Trough.

Hi Tefler! Given the events in this chapter I think, now, that the trough in your story was not as deep as I felt it was. Anyhow, superb job as we expect from you.

Can we have an update on the number of chapters there is expected to be in the finished product? Early on you said that you expected it to run to around eighty chapters and, unless I have overlooked the relevant comment, you have not posted an update on that number.

Once again, thank you for sharing your story with us.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
About the Weapons:

It Now boasts 64 fast-tracking Pulse Cannons in place of 48 Gatling Lasers so there is an overall improvement in firepower of (3*64-48)/.48 which is a 300% increase in firepower with about twice the range of the originals.

All the medium range Laser Cannons (24) were replaced with with Beam Lasers that are roughly 12 times more powerful and long range while also on fast-tracking turrets.

Gauss Cannons. Sixteen in total on fast-tracking turrets "They hit twice as hard as the Terran version, and fire three times as fast," so these are equivalent to 16x3x2 or 96 Gauss Cannons and they are on turrets so a broadside move is not necessary.

The six pairs of Heavy Cannons hit about as hard as the old Mass Drivers and are light enough to mount on pivotable turrets so going head on to get mass ordinance into play is no longer necessary. That is 6 times the firepower of the originals with more maneuverability.

A pair of linked Nova Lances, with a forty-five degree front-mounted fire arcs....no comparative number but they can now fire every 30 seconds...I believe that is twice the rate of the original beam lasers and orders of magnitude more powerful.

Then there are the singularity mass drivers which have 3 times the range, and approximately 60 times the fire rate.

The Invictus is incalculably more powerful in its armament and has a much healthier balance between mass and energy weapons.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
One thing everyone has missed:

Rachel had an epiphany when they were talking about Maliri women not being on birth control which was not revealed. I am thinking it has to do with making Athena and Faye each a body.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re: plr

I thought it was that ordinary birth control wouldn't work on the girl's altered physiology, maybe john not wanting them to conceive is all that's keeping them from doing so

Draco9881Draco9881almost 7 years ago
@ Anon re Birth control

Your surmise is correct when we are talking about John and vaginal sex. However, if my reading of PLR's comment is correct then we are ,looking at sex between the Maliri males and females. A completely different kettle of fish.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
Hello Draco and Anon

I actually had 2 posts. The first dealt with regular Maliri Females and the Male offspring of the genetically fixed females as it relates to fixing the skewed male/female ratios. It is entirely possible the 'fixed' sperm of the male offspring will override the unfixed females. Someone said 4 children a month for the young males was a bit of a stretch....If I was 20 to 40 years old (roughly equivalent to 20 to 100 years old for Maliri) and I had cart blanch to have babies....that would be EXTREMELY low. Up until age 30, twice a day was average...up to 40 once a day. That being the case, 30 babies a month would be very doable...lol.

The post just above has to do with something else entirely. Rachel is looking for a way to make Athena and Faye a body....and stem cells, etc. are the easiest route to that end. Thinking Rachel had an epiphany on how to make that happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I hope you will submit ch76 on literotica by Monday tefler so we can read it by Wednesday or Thursday depending on how much time moderation takes

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stauker

Great job, as usual. The only problem I am having is that I have forgotten the hair color of some of the characters, and am missing the intimacy of the first couple dozen chapters. Besides that, the only thing holding you back is the minor detail that, without​ phsycic help, nothing in John's weight class could produce that much semen.

Along with feretta, you have provided a great amount of inspiration.

...

Hope you have someone special to treat you like the malari treat John 😸

IrreverentRevIrreverentRevalmost 7 years ago
Athena

Been doing a good bit of thinking about Athena. I know that John wants to save her, but I think this is one battle that he will have to lose. When he turned Alyssa into a Progen, like himself, he created Athena as a guide. Athena has already told him that she is part of Alyssa, and is being absorbed. When John first touched Athena, it seems to me, is when Alyssa started to act a little different. (Snarky remarks seem to be less) Athena seems to be getting more of Alyssa's personality. I think if they do figure out a way to save Athena, then they will discover that it will be like giving Alyssa a lobotomy. As much as John wants to save Athena, he will not allow that to happen. The only way I see that they can save Athena is to clone Alyssa and give Athena control.

Just my thoughts.

btw 5*

Keep up the good work. Love reading this epic.

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumealmost 7 years ago
Minor quibble

There's this:

It had only taken ten minutes for the Invictus to return to the Epsilon Aquarii system, and they docked at Genthalas while John's burns regenerated as he slept.

And, once he's healed and awake, we have this:

"They aren't my slaves," he replied, with a firm shake of his head. He gave her a reassuring smile, as he continued, "When we get back to Genthalas, just talk to anyone from House Valaden."

Benefit of the doubt, as he'd just awakened, that he didn't know they'd already returned. But I kinda doubt it. I suspect this should read, "Now that we're back at Genthalas..."

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumealmost 7 years ago
On a more relevant note...

Tashana agreeing to have her memory of her time in the Wastes expunged means that she won't be asking for justice against the Enshunu, as Rachel did against the people responsible for her mother's death. John isn't as likely to seek to punish the Enshunu on his own, methinks, in part because there's no evidence that he's aware they exist, and Tashana won't be able to tell him. Alyssa may know, though.

However, the Enshunu have a hard-on (pun intended) for Tashana because she dared to incinerate one of their Grand Poobahs while exiting slavery. They really, really want to recapture her, so we may well not have seen the last of them.

I rather suspect the Invictus is ready:

She gave John a wicked grin, as she added, "But now they hit about as hard as our old Mass Drivers! I've customised their shells to punch through armour plating, and to detonate as soon as they hit the hull beneath. The effect on a ship's armour should be fucking brutal-"

"-allowing us to strip reflective plating off a target's hull, and leave them vulnerable to energy weapons," Calara finished for her.

Coincidentally(?), the Enshunu have bright, shiny, silver ships. And, they've just re-occupied and re-awakened the ancient, alien defenses on Underworld's station. I hope to see a battle royale between the Enshunu and the Invictus once the Brimorian shields are added and souped up by Dana.

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

No update on ch76 tefler ????

When are you submitting it ?????

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Chapter 76

Chapter 76 hasn't gone onto Patreon yet.

I'm waiting for feedback from one of my editors, and as soon as I've got that, and have made those edits, I'll post it up there. It'll probably be up on literotica by about Friday.

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: gnomedeplume

Hey,

Thanks for the catch on the returning to Genthalas bit. I cut some scenes around there, as part of the editing process, and missed that, so cheers for pointing it out! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Mistake in Chapter 21

I don't know whether you check the comments in old chapters, so I figured I'd put this here. This line:

"Very much." Dana purred. "I wish you could stay inside me all the time!"

comes before Sparks reveals her new name, so she should still be called Sparks there.

ojanziojanzialmost 7 years ago
Solving the Maliri population problem

So like everyone else I have been contemplating this for a while, how does John make enough cum and service enough women to save the Maliri populace, then someone mentioned stem cells, Boom!!

1.Is Rachel smart enough to create stem cells, why yes she is!!, Hypothesis:While working out how to make a body for Faye/Athena, Rachel learns how to make uncoded(stem) cells, after this discovery the embark on making a few hundred weight, but oops, during one of their celebratory orgy's the whole lot is contaminated with Johns cum,instant cum bath, on discussion with the powers that be they decide to dispose of it in the Genthalas main water system(the Maliri showers being the perfect delivery system) Yes John may have a shit fit, but you could imagine Rachel telling him to "pull his head in", if he wants to have anyway of saving the Maliri, this is the only way to do it while all the warships are there, also opens up interesting possibilities into cloning not only for Faye and Athena but also if John brings in a troop ship, with his own shock troops,

Now next question; which race has the "black hole engine tech?, Could Dana create a sensor for black holes?

andyaandyaalmost 7 years ago
baby boom ?

Its not just getting boy/girl rate back its also getting them to treat them better

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 7 years ago
@ojanzi

Interesting idea about the water supply. Only one issue: What happens when a few thousand Miliri have three doses a day? John will be on constant Etherial Plane watch.

And, I am thinking John would not be interested in shock troups or manned fighters, he would feel too responsible for their deaths.

So that leaves drone fighters or missile batteries for the hangar bay. I am thinking drone fighters because they would be more useful and play multiple roles rather than one shot and done missiles.

The drones need a set of beam lasers, Trankaran engines and thrusters, gimbaled pulse cannons (at least 6) a shield generator, computerized avionics, a Progen power core, a FTL drive (for bouncing around and flanking a large fleet in 1.5 second bursts) and a frame to mount it all on.

Thinking 60 in the bay, two levels of three rows of 10 each. Something about a quarter the size of the Raptor would be about the right size I am thinking.

We know the Progen Server is capable of handling 50+drones. That would be a force even more powerful than the Nexus AI Fleet all by itself...much less with the Invictus and Raptor Mark 3s. The drones could act in flights of 10 each and put 20 beam lasers/30 pulse lasers on 2 targets shields and then let the Invictus pummel them from 3x range with the singularity cannons and eventually with the heavy cannons. Two flights against two ships with two other flights as flankers taking out ship shields while one flight as a backup/flight replenishment/3rd flanking group.

And as a last ditch effort to inflict significant damage against the BSP, they could overload their power cores and ram the black ship. 50 power core explosions, one after the other, in the same spot/hole on/in the hull would HAVE to do some serious damage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
re : drones

Drones would be cool, so far Dana has only modified existing things, would be fun to see how awesome of a ship she could make from scratch.

Also need to see what Dana can make with the stealth suit she captured. Best way to keep the girls safe is if no one can even target them.

ms904191ms904191almost 7 years ago

Tefler they will be up on the site by Friday or you will submit them on Friday ??????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Re:Drones

Why put lasers on the drones? Why not use kirrix Neutron beam cannons on them? & when are the other girls going to get there powers?.

ojanziojanzialmost 7 years ago
PussyLickerRus

I'm not sure I agree with you about any of the Maliri being able to get a triple dosage of John juice, it would be like shock-dosing your swimming pool with chlorine, it would take effect quickly, but would be over just as quick and with the entire Maliri regency present at Genthalas, they would deplete most of the water stores in a matter of days if not replenished and as of yet none of the engineers have had any effect on John

I also believe that it's up to the Maliri Recency to change their society, not to expect a third party like John to do it for them, no matter how omnipotent he may be/seem, it's the age old argument of nature or nuture

On to Athena/Faye, they are opposite sides of the same coin, Athena cannot be downloaded to an AI server because she is a spiritual and psychic construct as much as Faye can be given a human body, However; through the use of stem cells and cloning a body may be able to be grown for Athena; And Rachel with Dana's help could construct bio-robotic bodies for Faye, they could be Faye-bot's, no need for drones, and I think John trusts Faye by now

Think the final step in ship-board security, nano Faye-bots!!

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 76 status

I've finished editing and just posted it to Patreon. I'll submit it to literotica in a couple of days time, so it should be up by the weekend!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ch 76 (via Tefler's Patreon site) is a cracker

Well done Tefler.

Your writing keeps on getting better. So many unexpected twists.

Now looking forward to Ch 77 in a week's time. Worth every $.

BruceWoBruceWoalmost 7 years ago
Ch 77 due on Patreon on Sunday

Yippee

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanalmost 7 years ago
why keep changing up times???

last week you said by wednesday the new chapter would be up in literotica now is weekend make up your mind.

tefler love the series but i hate when you lie about this if you are not sure about when then DONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE SURE aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
So I saw you reached your patreon goal

I really appreciate that you're writing this epic story. I was a reader since chapter 1; I started for the sex but stayed for the amazing story. Thank you very much for giving me something to consistently look forward to for over a year.

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Jokatusan

Unfortunately one of my editors was busy on the weekend, so was only able to get their edits to me on Monday. I went through those and released it to Patreon. I had some more edits to do last night, so I only actually fully finished editing yesterday.

I'll submit chapter 76 for moderation on literotica later today, so all being well it should be up on here by the weekend.

When I give you an estimate for a release date, it's just a best guess, but sometimes there are delays that I can't control. I wasn't "lying". :-)

Tefler

TeflerTefleralmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: anon

Yeah, hitting the Patreon goal was crazy! I'll have to think of a new one now. :-)

I'm pleased you've stuck with the story right from the start! I hope I can keep you entertained right through to the end!

Tefler

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6795 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES