All Comments on 'Authority of Head of Household'

by RedBottom1632

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great satire

Funniest lampoon of a stupid misogynist I've read this year!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I am hoping you believe the opposite is also true

What if he comes home drunk and verbally abusive, or maxes out the credit card on some trivial item, is impatient and gets a dent in the car, does that mean the wife can administer corporal punishment for wrongdoing? My husband and I have been married for 40 years and neither have hit the other for any reason. I would rather poke my eye out with a rusty nail that physically abuse him, and I believe he would think the same. As for "50 shades of grey" I would not read that garbage if you paid me. Ha Ha if I suddenly "craved" a spanking I think my husband would suggest I seek mental health counselling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You write well in the technical sense but...

As soon as you brought up the 'Wouldn't it be nice to go back to the 1950s...' rhetoric I had to stifle a gag. I have mixed opinions about feminism. Additionally, thinking that somehow rewriting history regarding feminism will make the world today any better does seem a bit misguided. The past is the past.

The 1950s are long gone, and thank God. There was far too much restraint at that time. Wanted to go and get educated at a college or university? Good luck trying if you didn't come from a rich background or make a killing from available employment, or happened to be a woman.

Want to live on your own as a single, childless man or, especially as a childfree, single woman at whatever age from young adulthood and beyond? Good luck dealing with being branded 'incomplete' or 'flawed' by other individuals and the society of that time.

Not every woman has desires to be spanked, especially by the hand of a man. No matter who you are, please remember that you don't get to speak for every female on the planet.

Anyway, you write well and I respectfully commend your determination to post such a direct view. But I hope you're not surprised with copping a bit of criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ghostwritten

Droll. Must've been ghostwritten by Mike Pence's wife.

Loki_DarksongLoki_Darksongalmost 7 years ago
Nice Read!

Despite the flack that a few anonymous replies have done, your article has many good points, RedBottom. While I support the original Feminism out of Europe, the American version is less about a Woman's​ right to be in control of her life and her decisions and more of being in control of other's lives and not being held accountable for anything that they do. Small example would be that they can say anything they desire and you are not allowed to bring an opposing views to them.

It is ironic that if a Woman chooses to be a homemaker it sets off the wrath of the US Feminist who seem to want to deny said Women the choice of whether or not to be a homemaker. Plus it was the US Feminist who were part of the reasons why my folk, The African American Community, are having issues due to the split between Black Men and Women that they helped create.

One thing though. The 1950's was not the peach that you may believe it to be. Politically and Socially it had many many problems. But that should be viewed on a country to country basis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
DD works well, but is not one size fits all

I lived this lifestyle with bdsm play tossed in to spice things up and it created a wonderful marriage. We switched roles for bdsm, but I never punished him. Truth was, he said he hated punishing me but did it because it worked. I had introduced him to the lifestyle while dating.

He had final decision making responsibility which took a lot of pressure off of me. A couple times when I was complaining, he offered to switch roles on this and I did not want that. It helps to have one who gets to be the tie breaker if you cannot agree. 2 chiefs do not work as well as one. That said, we consulted each other on all major decisions and most minor ones. He trusted and respected my opinion. My marriage was stronger because I was spanked if I was disrespectful or did not take care of my responsibilities without a good reason.

My man worked at least 60 hours a week and sometimes as much as 80 to support the family, yet he always helped around the house even though I worked about 20 hours outside of taking care of our kids. He was amazing. Playful and devoted to being the best husband he could be. We had the kind of marriage most people dream of. I really wish he had not died.... we could have made it for 100 years had we lived that long.

What I dont like about this piece and others like it are the very defined lines that are drawn up. For some, a female led relationship would work. For others, drawing up rules with consequences that both were subject to would help. It is important to always follow through and remember that although spankings are often a part of the consequences, things like being grounded, writing lines or essays, extra chores, naps and early bedtimes etc can also be very effective for behavior modification.

Oli72Oli72almost 7 years ago
Seriously?

Going back to the 50s?

So what you say is we should waive about a decade or two of our lives? Improvements in life expectancy that were achieved also thanks to women entering science in much greater numbers?

But then, you seem to have a peculiar concept of the world, believing to be "natural" what appeals to you - rather than what is documented as natural through empirical evidence.

That, in fact, is a little bit the common theme of your arguments. You speak of "Christian domestic discipline" when such is antithetical to the very core of the Christian faith.

And that, I'm afraid, is the core failure of your essay - it's pure "What must not be cannot be". It tries to fit the facts to your ideology, rather than actually understanding the core reasons for changes in modern society (hint: the aforementioned advances in healthcare are a primary factor). If you look at countries actually following your idolized model, you will find them far from the idyllic paradise but rather in all regularity torn apart by strife, violence and corruption following out of substandard, sometimes abysmal living conditions. On the other hand, there is ample evidence for a more diverse work environment to be more innovative and more productive.

HatracksHatracksalmost 7 years ago
I agree

I agree with your essay. I too think we should go back to the 1950s before the women and niggers got uppity. When the queers knew they had to keep hidden if they wanted to stay alive.

It's strange that you've chosen Literotica as the venue to express your views on this subject. If I believed as you do, l'd want to make it clear it was a matter of deeply held principle and not creepy sexual obsession.

RedBottom1632RedBottom1632almost 7 years agoAuthor
1950's & Context of Message Correction

Pay attention to the context of the 1950's sentence. I'm referring to rewriting history in terms of the feminist movement. While there are good things about the feminist movement there are negative aspects as well, which is what I am referring to. Again, this is an opinion piece, and readers were warned from the beginning. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. ONE LOVE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

While I won’t necessarily agree with this essay, I have found that many women of all stripes secretly enjoy being bent over a man’s knee and given a good ol’ fashion spanking. The psychological and psychological response is almost guaranteed to make a woman extremely aroused, and then great sex can ensue. The author is correct when she says your bodies were made for it. Even if you and your partner are not interested in domestic discipline or bdsm, try making spankings a part of your sexual play. Most women, in my experience, love it.

Oli72Oli72almost 7 years ago
"Context of message correction"

You say "Pay attention to the context of the 1950's sentence. I'm referring to rewriting history in terms of the feminist movement. " but that supposes you can isolate such things when in fact, social change is massively interconnected. As I pointed out before, a lot of the advances we made in healthcare are not the least due to women entering science not just as exceptions like Marie Curie but en masse.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 7 years ago
I Disagree with Almost Everything You Wrote . . .

Especially the part about spankings which are just painful! There is nothing romantic or arousing about being hurt deliberately by someone who is supposed to care for you.

Ugh! I am so glad I don't live in your world. Yuck! Thank goodness we've movd past "Might makes Right".

SubmissivenatureSubmissivenaturealmost 7 years ago
A personal choice or need?

Appreciate getting a better understanding of the domestic household of the 21st century. I personally love to be spanked and find it highly arrousing but never fully understood why. I am currently single and will self discipline when I would much prefer a man's firm hand.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
High!

You're high and obviously suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Go get help.

secretsubmissive23secretsubmissive23almost 7 years ago
Love it!

I completely agree and hope that when I am married one day, I have a husband who will do this to and for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
ffs

lmao typical lazy, entitled cunt thinking she can appeal to men's boners for submissive women so she doesn't have to work and generally conduct herself like a functioning member of society. pull your weight, you dumb bitch. or move to the middle east.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Play Acting" or the Real Thing?

There are a lot of worthwhile points raised in that article, but there is still too much focus and attention given to women, their needs, their wants, and their interests. The interests of men, of their children, to say nothing of those of the larger society, gets lost in the shuffle...There is still too much feminism (disguised as traditionalism) here. Women want to restore all the advantages of being a traditional woman but retain their 'equality" when it benefits them too. NO double dipping here!

It is absurd for men to attempt to regain our authority in the household now when the law, media (both news and entertainment) and social opinion favor women-and woman's equality-at every turn!

Acknowledge that the so-called "progress" of women in the past century or two was a serious mistake. Let women give up the vote, pro-female "affirmative action" in education and employment, the "tender years" doctrine,(supporting automatic woman's custody of his child(ren) in the event of divorce, and "no-fault" divorce itself... Then we'll talk!

"Traditionalism"? Going back to the '50's? How about the 1750's or 1850s, NOT the 1950s!

RedBottom1632RedBottom1632over 6 years agoAuthor
Response to 9/2 and 9/17 comment submissions

9/2 anonymous: I actually work full time and make an excellent living. I am well educated Am a mother of 3 and love coming home to a man who is lovin and dominant. We are also business partners and have an excellent life together.

9/17 anonymous: I can only speak from my experience as a female. I value your feedback and will consider it for my next article. This was written as an opinion article and is stated as such as a Forward to my article.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Demented

Seriously, an indoctrinated person. This is all Bible BS. Just as many men are passive non-leaders as women who are born leaders. If we had more people like you we’d be in the 1950s again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yeah, right.

There are no "natural" gender roles, psychology is a science without definition. What do you know about every woman's or man's desire? Have you conducted a global research including all 7.6 billion people?

This way of thinking, this generalizing of desires, behaviors and personalities according to gender, is a major problem in this world even today. Human psychology is not something you can categorize or dictate.

What if a couple wants to be in a equal partnership? What if someone is polyamorous? What if someone is a switch, wanting to be both submissive and dominant? What is they just want vanilla equality? What if someone just dont even want a relationship? And they can be anyone in the entire gender and sexuality spectrum. Are you saying that they can't be in a good happy healthy relationship or have a successful life?

You're entitled to your opinion and conducting your life the way you want to, but how about you not generalize that thought process, which frankly is disturbing and disgusting to a lot of people. Share your story if you'd like, stop implying that everyone should agree with how your thoughts.

And I for one do NOT get aroused by the thought of a "man" opening the door for me, or spanking me, or the DD lifestyle. Authority of Head of Household is just crap and shit to me. So yeah here you have one lady that'd rather learn from life and with time than mould myself for your definition of a man or let go of my responsibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This lifestyle is natural and works for us!

My husband is kind and good hearted and a natural leader of our family. He is a good father to our three young children. I strive to keep a clean and orderly house and care for him and the children. We are fortunate that his income is enough for us to live simply but comfortably. We are equal but different in our abilities and what we bring to the marriage. My vocation is different than his. I birthed the children; he could not. He leads the family. For my part, when the children are in bed and we have time together, my greatest joy is to please my husband with my mind and body. There is NOTHING I withhold from him, and he takes it all, all of me. Sexually, there is nothing I won't do for him. In return, he provides security and love to me and our children. Yes, he occasionally enjoys spanking my bare bottom but my body is built for it and I can take it...easily. Is it sometimes painful? Yes, but it's a good kind of pain that arouses me and arouses him. Girls...learn to accept a spanking from your husband. Learn, too, to perform fellatio on his bare penis until he ejaculates in your mouth. Become an expert! Don't be squeamish about his semen, but welcome it into your body wherever he chooses to put it. Swallow it, savor it, and ask for it without him asking you. In return you will have him forever, and he will gladly return the favor to you without YOU asking for cunnilingus. At least that has been my experience. I know my husband loves me and will never cheat on me or leave me. Priceless! (PS: I have a masters in public health and formerly worked full time. My full time job now is wife and mother. I love it!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT BULLSHIT

THIS IS PLAIN BULLSHIT TAKI IT DOWN U DICK

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wtf?

You are misusing this website.

FarnorthmanFarnorthmanabout 4 years ago
Loved it

Brilliantly written and while I don't agree about the 50s, my mother was a high maintenance bitch and made my fathers life hell, I see a lot of truth in what you've written.

You did wind up a lot of trolls with it and it's always funny seeing liberals proving they're not. Thank you

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 3 years ago

Some of what you said did resonate with me. However the first time my husband tried or did spank me would be the last time. It isn't sexy. It isn't a turn on. It is humiliating and degrading. I was spanked as a child. I would not accept being punished by by husband because he is not my parent. He is my partner in life. Spanking me would lead to divorce!

I have trust issues. I would have to trust my husband a great deal to allow him to make decisions for me. I didn't trust my parents to have my best interests at heart and for good reasons. They didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You don't need to TRY to take back anything. Just be men and the control naturally falls into your hands.

REDtheRed77REDtheRed7711 months ago

As a Christian, yes, Christian; I believe that both Men and Women ought to submit o each other because we are both equal with different roles. I do believe that if a man is not treating his women right and not being what he's supposed to be with bad behavior, he ought to be disciplined by his woman. Discipline has broad meaning but must be mutually agreed to. Submission does not mean lordship, dictatorship, or any other tyrannical form. Submitting means giving over something. That something is LOVE & LOYALTY. If a man refuses to submit his LOVE & LOYALTY he is not a real man and is not truly in love.

There are men that are Fake Alphas that really are egotistical monsters pretending to be something they really aren't. Plus the whole Alpha concept is a false dichotomy anyway. all of this 'FALSENESS' has been the spark of the War Between Men and Women. Go back and read the Bible it states that 2 become one and that they both become one flesh. A man is not superior in any way to a woman because even he was a creation of God himself and thus the same. Mankind has not created anything, men do not own women. God owns us all. God created the soul of a woman and thus women are property of The Creator.

This is where the Fare Extreme Right of Christianity is so wrong they are borderline blasphemous, but more so in apostacy. Men ought to treat his women like he treated his mother and nothing less. When certain cultures teach that when boys become men that they can abuse and mistreat women because they turned a certain age is insanity and not Godly. America is just as full of this disgusting ways of culture as the rest of the world.

Both Male & Female need to submit to each other. Both need to teach their children if any how to respect each other. Men and Women need to set an example of what it is to truly love each other to younger generations.

You can see I have not used references because when you speak Truth you don't need crutches.

END THE WAR BETWEEN US ALL. STOP THE IGNORANCE & FALSE INFORMATION. JUST SIMPLY STOP IT.

Men have roles and ought to be responsible and the same for Women too. Both roles are 100% Equal in VALUE.

Just some thoughts of Truth.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

you're so funny :D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous