All Comments on 'Surefoot 08: The Walking Wounded'

by Surefoot

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
SurefootSurefootalmost 7 years agoAuthor
From the Author:

This was a more serious subject than typical for my Surefoot stoties. Call it a Very Special Episode.

I wrote this on the crest of a wave of posts in my social media channels about Suicide Awareness… a reminder of how close I came to ending my own life, years ago, when I was in a series of bad places and self-destruction became an option in my head. That thankfully is no longer the case, but I rightfully remain haunted by the thought of what would have happened if I'd given in to my voices, and how I would have missed out on the wonderful life I have now.

If it leans towards the preachy, my apologies, but that’s in keeping with Star Trek too :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Preachy!

I don't think so but brilliant, yes! This story is a masterpiece and I say again, get this shit published and take my damned money! This chapter was beautiful and I was bawling like a damned baby! You are a true author and I don't say that lightly. I am a voracious reader and a rabid lover of the written word so I know pure genius when I see it. This chapter touched me so deeply and it showed the depth of your storytelling even more by the constant devolving and developement of each character. Kit's balls joke was awesome! I say to you, thank you! From the very depths of my literature loving heart, thank you for your magnificent contributions to the written word!

FYI: your series isn't placed in order of how it should be read so I was all over the place in reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The topics you tackle...

And the pearls of wisdom ... mixed with raunchy humor... kudos to you sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
wow

This legitimately made me start sobbing. Surefoot you are truly one of the greats.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago

Hey. I've been binge reading Surefoot again - I got caught up and set it down for some time in order to have more new content to read when I got there.

I just want you to know that this episode was so very well done, and so tastefully handled. Not to mention that the writing is masterful.

You've really nailed this one, and thank you.

nahnahnahnahalmost 2 years ago

wow. well said/written. I wish i could give this chapter more than 5 stars. and yes, tears were definitely shed reading this chapt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written and very moving. This is a great series with shading and colour and events well balanced and well expressed. Thank you mattmccloskey7@gmail.com

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous