All Comments on 'In a Class of His Own Ch. 09'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43almost 7 years ago

I like your writing, but your protagonist is an idiot. It is hard to accept that he is letting Nina get away as the perfect woman is not that easy to find. Never the less, he seems to be perfecting the fine art of letting her move on. I get the impression that you are going to try to convince us that Sarah will be the one, but she will always be a second choice and that is not good.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 7 years ago
Agree with Sidney43

Chris is an idiot, or blind, or both. He should follow Nina to the end of the world because you can't let something that good go.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
same as above

+ stop being a tease, let his sac drop and ask Sarah out

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just Keeps Getting Better

Love the journey you are taking us on. Looking like Sarah might be the one and you have provided clues about her a few times. However, you do like to tease the reader so we could get a surprise. Thank you and I'm sure many readers can't wait for the next chapter. 5 stars all the way.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Sidney 43

Agreed - Chris isn't very bright (hence the title, and his habit of making the same mistakes over and over again). It's all about learning, and he's a bit slow to catch on.

But I don't think of Sarah as 'second best' at all. She has the best qualities of Moe AND Nina - at least, that was what I was trying to do.

As for following Nina to the ends of the earth ... that's very romantic, but not very wise. But when you have two people who love their careers, and their homes, it's not such a good idea for one partner to give everything up to be with the other.

Anyway - Chris still has things to learn. Thanks for the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's a good thing he didn't propose to Nina

He clearly doesn't love her enough to be married to her. Otherwise moving would not be an issue.

I'm still waiting for Chris to grow up. It seems sex is the priority in every aspect of his life. Whether it's who he can do at work, who he is doing away from work, when and how he can do Nina and previously Moe, and now he is thinking that way about Sarah.

That's way to have a meaningful relationship.

Sarah is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of him in maturity.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 6 years agoAuthor
Reply to It's a good thing

"It seems sex is the priority in every aspect of his life"

Umm ... this IS the Literotica site, isn't it?

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Jeeze

What an idiot! THE love of his life, his perfect woman, Nina, invites him to move to Phoenix with her, and he whines he has to stay in canada to teach! IDIOT!! There are many great schools in the states, and he could have got certified easily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Jeeze

Dude, have you paid any attention to the non erotic portions of the stories?

Yes, you are correct, he could have easily obtained his certification to teach in the US...if he wanted to take a 30% pay cut. The author has noted in several places that the reason he does not want to go to the US is because of how badly teachers in the US were paid at the period the story was written in...and in some cases - STILL ARE. Teachers here in Canada are by no means paid what they are worth, but they are (still) paid more than their US counterparts. My sister's friend started between 40-50k thirty years ago. US teachers at the time were being paid something like 25-30.

jra13jra13over 1 year ago

Follow up on below comment. Some teachers in OK are paid less than $35k now. And have to buy their own supplies including printer paper because the office doesn't supply it. USA school system is horrible. But yeah. Lets live on food stamps and government assistance just so we can get married?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

the main characters are real, likeable and easy to care for and root for. Aspern Essling gives them room to breathe and be. Thus, this isn't the typical formulaic story - where the greatest fantasy isn't the sex, it's that the impossibly good (heart, mind, career, competency level) guy gets everything that society can offer - after enduring his trials to enter the promised land. This story is less predicatable and more interesting -- about people living their lives and doing the best they can.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4320 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES