All Comments on 'In a Class of His Own Ch. 10'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
goodwritingfangoodwritingfanalmost 7 years ago
like the series

But this is the first story where I like the protagonist very much yet frustrated and annoyed with his obtuseness. He doesn't really have a strong reason to let go of Nina. As you write it, she is as special as a woman could be for a man. She was made for him. Yet the only reason he is willing to let go is because he won't work in the states? Or does he really think he is entitled for more and better chances for love in his life?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
idiot again

he know he love Nina, she tell him she love him... but I guess that is still NOT enough for him.

he is living in a toxic work place.

he is "in love" with a girl?

DUMBASS

this is not a growing story anymore if after all this time he learned shit but how to eat pussy and know when a girl like you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Got a bad vibe

from Danuta for some reason. Was it intentional or i'm totally wrong? Can't wait to find out in next chapter.

cyberwraithcyberwraithalmost 7 years ago
Sister is off limits

I never understood why a sister would be off limits. Nobody I have ever known has thought that way. If somebody is good enough to be your best friend, wouldn't that make them the kind of person you'd want your sister to be with?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I don't get it

In my opinion Chris is not a likable character. He thinks just about everything in terms of sex or looks when it comes to relationships. The story seems to be a little of his sexual encounters. Why the world would you start sleeping with coworkers in such a small town? Let alone a student's mother?

Chris is written as an extremely shallow and selfish person. There is little that is described as making him a likable person. I don't get the praise. Maybe it's for the descriptions of his encounters? Im pretty sure that most stories that get high scores have excellent character development and plot. This seems to be the exception.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 6 years agoAuthor
Reply to I don't get it

You're certainly entitled to your opinion

You seem to have missed something, at the beginning: the title.

It's only partly a story about a young teacher starting out. The real meaning has to do with the fact that Chris is inexperienced and utterly clueless about women, sex, and relationships. He is a student in a class of one.

Moe offers to be his first tutor. The irony here is that she doesn't know what she's doing with her own life.

Chris is going to make mistakes. Real people make mistakes, fail to learn from them, and make the same mistakes again.

A story like "Boy meets girl, boy makes all the right decisions, they live happily ever after" would be fairly dull - at least I think so.

Basically, I meant for this story to be a variation on the 'You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your Prince(ss)'. It seems that, in your case, I failed. Sorry about that.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 6 years ago
He is a coward

The love of his life has asked her to come to her multiple times. The reason he wont seems to be around us educational system? Each district is unique, just like canada. Some are good some not. Seems like an excuse so he can stay safely in po dunk canada and pine for her. Cowardice.

BangbangLaDeshBangbangLaDeshover 5 years ago
All my friends are heathens!

Take it slow..

What a fun romp if a story. Enjoying every chapter.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Hi Xzy89c1 The US education system is pretty bad. Especially when you think about creationists etc...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4331 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES