All Comments on 'Slender Man Ch. 04'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thanks

I have enjoyed all the crowbar series. As long as you keep writing them, I will keep reading and enjoying them even though I am probably not observant enough. ;-)

Roger4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Creek ??

Twice in this tale the phrase "Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise" was used but did you know that it was not a waterway about which was being referred but the Creek indians . . .

"By 1812, aroused by the Shawnee warrior, Tecumseh, some members of the Upper Creek were in open revolt. In other words, the Creeks were rising.

When Hawkins was asked to return to the nation’s capital, his response was always, “If God is willing and the Creek don’t rise.” If the Creek rose, it was his job as the Superintendent of Indian Affairs to deal with the uprising and put an end to the rebellion."

https://idiomation.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/god-willing-and-the-creek-dont-rise/

One Day at a Time,

The Ol' Man

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Creek!

Yes, I know about the Creek Indians, and you'll note I capitalized "Creek"...

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 7 years ago
Creek

I didn't know that. I wondered why you capitalized it. Another great one dubya dubya.

666iceman666icemanalmost 7 years ago
Could not see the trees for the forest comes to mind.

WW you really did a good one on this, after a quick second read of all posts I noticed that we were given a 'red herring' making me think along the SB etc route. It took until page three before the twist came. Then the first clue I got was not any foot prints (really tall 8' type tall means stilts) I missed that one. The electricity up the arm and the cameras all going blank was easy to see that this guy had some form of power-pack, so had to have some form of electrical background. Once again at the cabin no footprints, so points to stilts yet also a tall person. (Try walking on stilts and the shorter the stilts the easier it is to get around). "One John Claymore and one Larry Lance." suing the IC now Lance must have push his friend Claymore thus taking Don's mind elsewhere! I missed that as well. The "And Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise... we'll put a stop to it tonight." I feel is just the saying and is in hope that the Craig/Wadell crap stays silent long enough for IC to complete the "Slender Man" case, so he can then 'circle his wagons' before they start their real attack. The one thing the IC always tries to do is stay at least half a yard ahead of his enemies. I will also bet that there are many more clues for future stories in this series as there are many road junctions crossroads (avenues to follow other tales) Yep one of the best WW and another max score. Pleased that the IC gave his ex wife and the Sheriff a pointed finger (hope warning is heeded). No one who enters into law enforcement goes into it to make friends. As you WW stated through Calli so well, they all (police officers) have family who worry at home when they go out to work, sometimes they do not return. In one way your stories raise awareness to those who serve to protect and yes as you show there are those who are bad apples as well. Keep writing and I will keep reading. Iceman ;~).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another great story!!!

Yet another terrific story from WW. I have to admit that I don't always follow all of the intricate plot schemes, but I always enjoy a great read!!

Thanks WW.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Comments on the comments

Thanks for the kind words. The Creek Indians also appreciate it, I'm sure. ;o)

I wasn't trying to trick nor mislead anyone, but the early part of the story did cover the eugenics material that will become more important later on, so it was in there. Then I settled into the Slender Man story, which was fun to write. Slender Man is awesome.

As to footprints... because weight would be concentrated on one smaller area, stilts should leave obvious and deeper impressions than footprints... so the fact there was nothing at all at Police Headquarters and on the Cabin deck is a mystery yet to be understood.... (*insert Bowser howling here*).

Okay, the next story is in progress, and I hope to have it out soon.

grriz1grriz1almost 7 years ago
The fire is back

As you wrote this I found myself really looking forward to the nest segment. As a couple of days went by, I found myself checking to see if you had written then next chapter; once it was out, it was quickly read and the wait started all over again.

Good read, keep them coming.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
A COPY CAT PERP

before the original is incarcerated or Who Is He. TK U MLJ LV NV

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Once again, what appears to be a relatively simple one-off side story leaves the reader with another feeling that nothing is what it seems. Must admit I've heard of the Creek rising but did not know the meaning behind it as it's changed to tier or water here.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum9 months ago

When is Jack M going to make a honest woman of Tanya? Got the clue to the kidnapped children were divorced parents. But not which one. Good writing WW

chytownchytown8 months ago

*****Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
2170 Followers
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Slender Man Series Info