All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 084'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments
jslashjslashover 6 years ago
Yahoo!!!

Another great chapter!! Not that I like waiting but its always worth it!!

Thanks Tef.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Seriously?

I don't normally mind cliffhangers, but this one is just ridiculous. Deliberately revealing information to all of the characters while withholding it from the reader is such an awkward and forced way to create suspense, especially when you have two entire pages left to address the information and choose to ignore it instead. Excellent chapter otherwise, though.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Wow, just wow!!

Well that was thus the end of a crime-lord, may he receive his justified rewards as he was expecting them...

Okay, the Terran Federation has now a bad case of justice visiting them. John and his Pride has shown the 'Powers that Be' that he is not a small kitten, but the real Lion which has a real stopping power to back him up.

I think that now Athena is merged with Alyssa, we can have some interesting conversations, and also some training of John because he has his PG-John to merge.

The problem now is that I do not know how many lose threads are safely woven into the tapestry but one thing is certain, the Terran Federations can be remade into a part of John's empire. I just wonder what they will say if the origins of the Maliri will be made public. With Jehanne preaching - like Joan of Arc maybe - opening a possibility of whole new Empire - Maliri, Terra Federation, Asanath, Trankara, and possible Drakar (and/or Kintark) which will get John a navy that is maybe strong enough to withstand the roaming Progenitor...

Going into wonder-mode to wait for chapter 85

Thanks Tefler for this major update!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hot Damn

Yea um Tefler, u writing is the shit at the moment. Ain't nobody gonna fuck with the Lion. I bet it was Edwin who hired the assassination.

Keep up man

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another Awesome chapter

Thank you very much

Its well worth the wait, reading n re-reading past chapters to absorb the finer details

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback guys! It's great to hear you enjoyed this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it. :-)

I actually planned out the assault on the base about a year ago, so it was very satisfying to finally be able to write up Mikaboshi's grim fate. I made a number of changes to my original plans based on suggestions and feedback from several people, in particular tying in a kidnapping and then Calara's response to being captured. The interview at the end was another scene that developed organically from feedback from a prolific comment writer here!

So, a big thank you to all who contributed!

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done

The state of the base..well done... the story...also well done. Thank you for writing and keeping this story going. You still show a ton of passion for this story which is wonderful to see, so sincere thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
you rock

I just wish that literotica would stop waiting so long to moderate your stories the last 3 all took right at a week to 10 days to moderate

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 6 years ago
Just plain awsome.

And I would love to see the final word count after you have finished. (In twenty years or so.)

Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Whoa!!!

This may be the best chapter so far, Tefler.

I am glad to see that Faye came to her senses, although I predict she will carry on a bad conscience for a while, until she gathers enough courage to talk it out with John.

Those Admirals are seriously massively stupidly paranoid. There can be some trouble there in the future. Deveraux needs to be taken down a peg or two. she is a bit to scheming for my taste. And Buckingham, Mishra, Weber and Caldwell needs a serious asswhopping. Especially the three men. Mishra may be swayed to see reason. I was starting to comment on how the women always seemed to be the voice of reason in this story, but then I remembered, Pre John Edraelle and Harris. and that Maliri fellow i dont remember the name of. Sorry about that.

Back to Sakuras swords. and the fact that Ninjato is fictitious. I am not making a big deal about this. Even though Ninjato even as fictitious, is considered a poor quality sword. But If you need short Japanese swords, then you have the Chisa Katana and the Kodachi. And neither of them are connected to ritual suicide. I would like to see a matched set of Chisa Katana somewhere in this story. That is basically just a short version of a Katana, made the same way.

So Calara didn't get her super powers. I though that would happen, so she could help rescue herself. But its good with a litte variation. Maybe for once, they will activate in a peaceful manner, and not in intense battle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
As good as Battle of Regulus indeed

So much fun. I'm looking forward to the next bit.

Terrific pace.

The reactions and posturing : very engaging to read.

Reading 83,84 without a break (or a total re-read) is something on my list.

I've changed my guess keeping with Tefler's unpredictability. The person who hired Mikaboshi: Admiral Harris. (I can't convincingly argue this except that it would be shocking!!!)

Matt.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 6 years ago
Rare and inbetween

There are few stories here that have managed to keep my interest over this many chapters; I'd be hard pressed to name even one other.

As you spin your yarn and add a little more intricacy with every twist, I wait for each chapter with my patience fraying even further.

No criticism from me, nor suggestions, just kudos for work eminently well done and the hope to be able to continue enjoying your story for a long time to come.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Layer upon layer

You sure can spin an intricate yarn, Tefler. Will be keeping an eye out for possible purchasable version when completed. This story is something I would be proud to place in my bookshelf next to "Silmarillion" and the complete collection of "Lord of the rings". You have a similar gift for storytelling, Tefler. Tolkien would be a rival to you, for best author of the past 200 years, in my opinion. Carry on the good work.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
I'm not an editor...

...and I barely write complete sentences, but one of John's statements didn't ring true to me.

"John rose from his chair, replying solemnly, "We show everyone what happens when you fuck with the Lion and his Lionesses."

There's understandable bravado in that moment, but to me John has always been the kind of guy to deflect and redirect to build up his crew. I think John would have said "We show everyone what happens when you fuck with my Lionesses" or "Everyone sees what happens when you fuck with the Lionesses!" I don't know if anyone will understand the distinction I'm trying to make, but there's my two cents worth.

Thanks again Tefler! Once again you've surpassed yourself.

Hillcountrycowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re: Layer upon Layer

I agree with your praise of Tefler. Perhaps in the realm of fantasy, none will ever surpass Tolkien. But in the realm of science fiction, and creating an entire universe and culture, none have surpassed "Dune."

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
You read the last sentence

And you just know whatever it is they are going to do, it will be very, very, stupid (unless they get attacked again first)

gregsjlngregsjlnover 6 years ago
bloody awesome

Hey Tefler, this would make an awesome anime series

acupacupover 6 years ago
Cliffhangers!

Now I'm going to be thinking about it all weekend. I hope you asked for this to be posted on Friday. Those Monday posts were driving me nuts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fucking. Outstanding! Love this series.

This is fucking incredible!! By far one of the best in the series. Excellent cliffhangers and great drama. Keep up the good work Telfer!

doofus67doofus67over 6 years ago
Outstanding!

*shuffles into room, takes a seat on an uncomfortable wooden chair, slowly opens mouth and announces*

"Hello, my name is Rob, and i'm a TSM addict."

Another outstanding chapter Tefler.

I just love how you switch scenes showing another character's perspective before, during and after the bombing, with each scene having it's own mini-cliffhanger. Same with the hideout siege... awesome edge-of-your-seat reading.

Keep up the good work and hope your "full-time" writing career is working well for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
On the admirals

At this point, the issues the admiralty face are all due to their misconceptions. They are attributing ulterior motives to John and not taking him at his word. He clearly states that he is loyal to his allies (including the Terran Federation) but will destroy their enemies. Because they fear his power, they are assuming that the message of the telecast was directed to them. It only applies to them if they become the enemy. At this point, there is no clear information that states that John is aware or their plotting. (He's aware they were unhappy when they left the reception but not the plotting.) So their misconception is leading to miscommunication due to their misinterpretation of John's actions, motivations, the message and the circumstances which lead to the message being delivered.

I am also troubled because Charles, his friend, is not voicing support that John is loyal and a man of his word.

That's my two cents. We shall see how this plays out along with Jehanna's role as the story continues.

-G333

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
Now, that's fitting retribution!

Another amazing chapter, Tefler! My awe at your talent continues to grow.

I commented on the previous chapter that "... I'll be very disappointed if the retribution isn't on a scale that befits the Invictus' crew's status as the demigods of the universe."

On the retribution scale, you did them proud, and then some. But I can't help but wonder whether Alyssa compressing two assassins into a big cube doesn't reflect John's comment from the battle of Regulus: "It'll be easy. Like squashing a bug."

Too bad that the crew didn't take some pics of the carnage inside Mikaboshi's fortress before the vaporized it. (Or DID they?) Those would take the wind right of the Fleet Senior Officers' sails when it comes to trying to seize the Invictus.

dapidapiover 6 years ago
@doofus67

Thousands of people in the audience at Tokyo Budokan reply " Hello Rob."

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Superb story!

I had just finished re-reading the whole thing when I saw this..great timing! Can't get enough of this and salute you for an evolving story line. An epic...for sure...with all that is going on. Feed my addiction please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sweet

I always feel like a kid on Christmas morning when a new chapter pops up. I want to thank you for an awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not Good but Great!!!!

This was a really great chapter. I was worried you were going to draw the kidnapping out over several chapters but you did not and I know many of your fans appreciated that. I did.... This was one of the best chapters in the ongoing story which I really hope you will keep going for a long time to come.

Thanks for your efforts and the hours of enjoyment it has provided to me and all of your other fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cold revenge

Yep. Although for quotes, I think it still prefer Ghandi, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world (universe?) blind." :D

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 6 years ago
Nietzsche said...

Is it better to out monster the monster or be quietly devoured.

Great job sir, looking forward to John's payback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sweet pole-dancin' christ on rubber crutches, Tefler!

That was yet another kickass chapter!

Thank you!

GnomeDePlumeGnomeDePlumeover 6 years ago
OK, in the "Who paid for the assassination?" sweepstakes, my entry is...

...Seb Mortimer, the mine owner on Karron who lost a hand (and a crapload of mercenaries) when Dana joined the crew waaaay back in Chapter 10.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
well

you'd think it's either Seb or Rupert Grant, being the only real enemies John had made way back then, and also two of the few early chapter characters who could afford it.

sailandoarsailandoarover 6 years ago
Masterfully . . .

. . . . conceived and executed . . . WOW!

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Hiding_in_Portland

It'll be a bit over 2m I suspect, then I'll start the sequel. :-)

Glad you enjoyed the chapter!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Whoa!!

That's great you enjoyed the chapter.

Regarding the ninjato - Mikaboshi was playing at being a ninja, so he wanted all the classic equipment to go with it.

Tefler

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Ordering a murder...

I think that the (wo)man who wanted John be killed must be wealthy and well known into the political and/or economical who-is-who.

Seb Mortimer is a mine-operator, who runes one of the Karron mine-operations. He is on Karron a player of some importance, but he did show having knowledge of what he was doing as John outbargained him on the first meeting. Maybe he has now gained some power, but he wants to be the man that pulls the trigger at the end.

Rupert Grant has knowledge of the criminal world as he was a front for pirates, but has he collected enough money to spend, because he has also provide for his hiding, as he is wanted for his acts when assisting the pirates.

A new one is Henry Voss, Rachel's father. He is rich, knows the economy and he is ruthless enough to "protect" his interest in Rachel as a potential bride for his heir to his company. He may think that John is not the person to be the next CEO of his bank, and wants to eliminate him, so he can "sell" Rachel to the man he has selected.

I do not think that Harris is the right candidate, but admiral Norwood would be a nice one as he has just lost his position due to the treason he had committed while dealing with the Kintark.

Well I think that Tefler will tell us in time about who was planning this act in the next chapters, as the arrests are going to create a huge impact on the Terran Federation. Also the retribution payed by John out of the coffers of Mikaboshi will be make the headlines under the guidance of Jehannes reports.

The coming out that Sakura was a victim of Mikaboshi and that she was successful in killing him after Johns rescue (the manner how he did this will never been told outside the those-who-need-to-know), also her past as a victim of Mikaboshi will be swept under the rugs will guarantee that - until something else makes the headlines.

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: anon

It's great to hear you thought this chapter was as fun to read as the Battle of Regulus!

Both types of combat are very different to write, with massive ship battles more about balancing the forces on each side, whereas ground battles are often more about timing.

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: tenraclesforall

That's great you've still been finding the story engaging. I'm hoping that the tail end of the story will prove even more exciting as the stakes are raised and battles become more epic!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: layer upon layer

I don't think we'll ever see anyone like Tolkien again. He pretty much invented the fantasy genre and his imagination and creativity were incredible. I believe he actually created an elvish language!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: hillcountrycowboy

That's an interesting observation. I toyed with different ways of phrasing that sentence, but he was actually referring to making an example of Mikaboshi with the plan of making the TFNN interview at the end. He's the "frontman" from a PR perspective, which is why he referred to himself that way. Otherwise he would have just said "us".

Glad you enjoyed the chapter! :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Admiral meeting

And Charles is absent /not invited?

Weber seems especially distraught.

Hmmm! Food for thought?

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: gregsjln

I'd definitely watch it! :-)

Tefler

shyqashshyqashover 6 years ago
@hping

Can't be Henry Voss or Norwood, because Mikaboshi gets lhe contract at the end of ch20 and by then they haven't saved Rachel yet and weren"t after lhe traitor. My candidates are Rupert Grant (he's on lhe run, but he certainly had most of the credits he made dealing with the pirates hidden) and Seb (aldo I don't know if he has the millions needed to hire Mikaboshi).

@ Tefler

How is the Tehran Federation ruled? A military junta? Or a political government?

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: doofus67

Thanks, It's great to hear you enjoyed it!

The bombing scenes in chapter 83 were actually quite complex to write. The whole battle takes place over about thirty seconds, so the rapid switches in perspective were to try and capture what was happening at the correct point in the sequence. As you say, switching between them helps increase the tension. :-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: shyqash

The Terran Federation is ruled by the military, with High Command being the ultimate authority.

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: GnomeDePlume

I'm glad you enjoyed the retribution in this chapter and that it lived up to your expectations. I've always personally enjoyed a good revenge story! :-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: sailandoar

Thanks! It was satisfying to wrap up Mikaboshi's story arc. :-)

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Who hired assassin?

Anybody else think the other Progenitor hired the assassin as one more way of keeping John busy? After all between the wars and the Mikaboshi kidnappings John would be hard pressed to upgrade his tech to Progenitor level. My other thought is it's John's father who knows he will be able to handle it and come into his powers fully, since John (or his girls usually) seems to need to be in danger for his powers to manifest. Craziest Plot Twist: the old guy John gave the Fools Gold to. Reasons might include old man being John's dad or he's pissed John got rich off the original ore John picked up on his tip and all he got was a lousy spaceship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great chapter

I really enjoyed it keep up the good work tefler, I can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome

It's just consistently excellent.

I've read every chapter more than twice and i'll read them all again at some point.

PEASE continue writing!

I'm especially excited about Faye's future.

Thanks

medrosakmedrosakover 6 years ago

Great job on this chapter Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Snake

The snake in the grass is Charles Hughes.

How did the mine manager find out how much John was paid ....... Charles

Who sent John back to the mine through space occupied by pirates( ex military) ......Charles

Who sold a decomissioned cruiser on the cheap - weapons still in place - to fly through pirate space who operate old military vessels. ....... Charles

Etc.

From the beginning a shill for the enemy.

echo29echo29over 6 years ago
excellent last 2 chapters

Due to ollness over the last month, hadn't been able to read 83or 84 until today...what a great ride Teff...Thanx again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yet another great chapter

Great work again. I am in awe - writing, editing and moderation of a chapter in less than two weeks - incredible.

But one problem - Faye needs to reprogram the maintenance robots - washing should be laundered and pressed - not the reverse - if Alyssa's standards of dress are to be maintained.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
I don't think

Charles is a possibility (in answer to the Anon poster). for one thing he didn't send them back to the mine through pirate infested space, it was their own idea. and for another, Calara and Irrilith have been through his communications to check if he was dodgy and if they could trust him during the Dragon March Traitor search. and they didn't find anything.

If I had to place money on it, it would be Rupert, he's the only suspect with real links to the underworld. Seb the mine owner is a possibility, but he's really a nobody on a nowhere asteroid, so if he needs killings to take place it's mercs and gang members, rather than expensive hitmen ( 9,000 hits raising 300 million, thats an average of 33,000 creds per hit plus expenses)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
also

Don't forget Dana's gang rescue,... they made a threat as they were running for their lives, also heavy into cybernetics. they could have called in a favor in lue of credits. also john wasn't a somebody then either. he was just entering the public stage then.

that adds a whole new group of potential people. anyone hurt by john smashing up the pirate raids. maybe even a business interest trying to maintain control of the shipping lanes, "only our space lanes are safe from pirates".

if you cast the net far enough you could get anything,... even that Armstrong guy. he is vain, and his position is threatened by this up and coming reporter chic getting all this good press from the lion.

I am expecting something either from left field or one of the first couple bad guys who managed to live. no one after john got his lion title is likely because the hit was already placed then through failed attempt after failed attempt it consumed more of the assassin organizations time and efforts.

just my thoughts. outstanding chapter,.... as always!!! love the story, keep it going.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Anon on Charles 'Harris'

Actually, John told Zeb Mortimer (the mine owner) himself after Zeb began his attempted hostile takeover. This was part of their interaction where John corrected Zeb on the going price of Tirrenium ore in an attempt to really rub it in and get Zeb angry enough to do something stupid...like ignore the spinning up of the point defense lasers.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
More on Zeb

Zeb found out the original going price for the ore through another trader between John's first and second visits to Karron.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
The relevent Seb lines

"You shouldn't have ripped me off you little shit." Seb gloated. "Yeah, I eventually got word of how much Tyrenium is selling for... fifty times how much you paid me for it!!" he said, his voice quivering with rage.

"I got over one hundred times the buying price actually." he said helpfully to Seb, causing the man to growl furiously through clenched teeth.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
I'd rule out

the diablo's just on cost grounds. You would think that they wouldn't be able to put the cash together to afford the expensive hit man. If they had that much spare cash sitting about, they'd be living somewhere better, to show off their gangs status, if for nothing else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ onehandslapping

"9,000 hits raising 300 million, thats an average of 33,000 creds per hit plus expenses"

I think your numbers per hit may be a bit off here. How much does a customised battle cruiser and a secret base cost to buy and run? Let alone buying Maliri cybernetics...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I gave five stars for the first chapter of this story and every chapter since has just got better and better, thanks for giving us this story long may it continue. When it does come to a conclusion I hope there will be another story to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Peter Koeman a cyborg?

Hello Tefler,

first of; i am a big fan. Thank you for this fantastic story. Well done. Brilliant. Nothing but praise. The turns and twist makes it well worth reading.

Just a small question. Since everyone is dead it doesn't change the storyline, but i am just curios.

Sakura Honami, born on the 12th of February 2684,

Kidnapped New Eden, operated on and a CPU implanted in brain at age 22-28 (so year = 2696-2702)

Chapter 84: The CPU "was sold to a Peter Koeman, ... a precious stones dealer in the Theta-Serpentis system."

The year is 2779:

Chapter 36: Peter Koeman "a jolly looking man in his late forties" offers reward for saving sister to John (= trap)

so my question is: Was Peter Koeman a cyborg, living in the Theta-Serpentis system?

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I'm usually late to the party on the speculation sweepstakes...

when ever Tef does this to you lot. This time, I seem to be a bit more timely.

I have a different reason for my cast into the pond: Rupert's the slimeball who ordered the assassination.

Why? Cause Tef named him 'Rupert'. It was his subconcious making the choice of the name for his long term villian, based on the real world antics of our present day Rupert, Rupert Murdoch. A 21st century slimeball. About the only thing that meglomaniac hasn't been caught doing IS hiring a hit.

So, our dear author was metaphorically filling in a gap in 'our' Rupert's litany of offenses with one from 'his' Rupert.

GeoD

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Re: Peter Koeman a cyborg?

Short: Peter Koeman the second (or the third) who inherited his father's (or grandfather's) gem-trading shop?

Long: Currently there are a number of families who name their first-born son after the founding-father of their family. In normal use the generation is not named, but it is during official meeting when there are more people with the same name present. Peter Koeman did not want to impress John, he wanted to trap him so he used the informal use. Was he really sincere he would have given more details about him.

Ramjet75Ramjet75over 6 years ago
I agree

I'll put it this way. By my questionable choice, as I don't read all the categories:

This is currently the best story on Literotica and I hope it keeps going a long time.

Tefler; My hat is off to you, You have made an epic so grand I do not know of it's equal and Yes, I've read the 2 big classics. I am a voracious reader, I read the average book in a day. Your Story is currently the best I know of. There were contenders but the Authors let them die unfinished. There is one more I need to catch up on, "the Big Blue Marble" is also good but was unfinished when I last checked. The Fate of Terra was good until it died. Several Werewolf stories are very good but not as encompassing as your story.

All in All, VERY WELL DONE and I hope you continue for a long time.

I know, every story has an ending and I suspect I know what pivotal event will conclude this one. PLEASE, don't stop cold there like some authors do, Give the crew a long pleasant ending afterwards. We have come to love them, each in their own way. That brings another point to mind. Very Well done fleshing out specific personalities for each character. They are all unique except where John's personal preferences over-ride some minor aspects, yet the personalities remain even after that. Again, Very Well Done, I know lots of thought has gone into each one. You sir, are a master at making a solid story. You will likely be Published if you can do it more than one time.

vikkkenvikkkenover 6 years ago
goood

one of the best stories i've ever read and it just keeps getting better and better

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
Anon

"I think your numbers per hit may be a bit off here. "

as I said 33,000 plus expenses. secret bases Milari cyber-tech, custom battle cruisers, hologramatic mountains etc, are going to be pretty large expenses (although keeping most staff in the fridge is going to cut the wage bill)

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaoneover 6 years ago
Great

I am enjoying this series very much..thank you

MeerlockMeerlockover 6 years ago

In regards to who hired Mikaboshi, John's use of the word "bastard" would imply a man. Mikaboshi was introduced long before the group of admirals really knew who John was, so I think they are out. The possibility that it is the other Progenitor is intriguing, but John wouldn't know him by name, would he? Similarly, I don't think he knows the name of any specific member of the Diablos, unless I missed that revelation from Sparks. So, to me that leaves Seb Mortimer and Rupert Grant (I actually forgot about Rupert until others brought him up), and Rupert is more likely to have connections to Mikaboshi, since Mikaboshi seemed to operate mostly near the core worlds I believe.

For Tefler:

Calara and Rachel are both still active military officers. Can't the admirals just order their transfers to get them both off the Invivctus and away from John? They both have years of required service remaining before they can leave the military, right?

And of course, great work! Please keep it up.

RedsherryRedsherryover 6 years ago
Me

Hi everyone, thanks Tefler for keeping tsm on lit. I'm enjoying your story greatly. Ok I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and say, I don't see Rupert as being someone with enough brains to be the bastard. I see him as a lackey for someone higher up in the chain of command. Someone had to have tipped him off for him to go into hiding so quickly. Someone with more clearance than him to see the report John made to Charles. Seb could still be in the running as I got the sense it was more about ego than money that kept Mishatobi ( or how ever you spell his name) going after John and the girls. I also think there would have been more of a reaction than just that bastard if it had been Charle's name that John read. As Charles is really the only Terran left that John has any real close connection to, ie they were the only survivors in a battle that wiped out their unit. But maybe that's just me the reader not wanting it to be Charles. All other connection are secondary through Calara or Rachel.

npnumptynpnumptyover 6 years ago
RE Meerlok

Rachel is permanently assigned to the invictus and Calara has an indefinate leave of absence

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's PLR

PLR and the rest of the patreon's are paying for the hit. They found it was a good way to help Tefler advance the story. I have to say this chapter is probably my favorite. Good show, folks! ;-0

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Do not forget that the fake ninja was not the firt contract on johns life ..... The mercs where the first

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Your work can be described in one word:

Stupendous!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
@ Anons

"It's PLR!"

Shit! Maw! Grab the bags, we gotta move! LOL

"Do not forget that the fake ninja was not the firt contract on johns life ..... The mercs where the first"

I seem to recall that John put out his own contract on the Mercs rather than the Mercs on John. The Mercs were all about the kidnapping and killing of Rachel's mother several years prior. I went back to check and the head Merc asked John why he attacked them...and Rachel introduced herself before killing him.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Merc Contract:

If you are talking about the hired thugs during the second visit to Karron, that really doesn't count as a contract since they were just thugs...not really Mercs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Sci-fi Story and Questions From a neo-shadow

Though I am only on chapter 37, I can already tell this is an amazing story that you put a lot of love into.

As a techi and astronomy loving atomic physicist, I really apprecaite the detail you go into sometimes. (Remember KISS though) I have some questions for you below. As thanks, I saw the cervex penetration comments and wanted to share something you might like. Technically everyone is right you cannot penetrate a humanity an cervex, but if you are a pig then can! http://scienceblogs.com/clock/2006/07/07/friday-weird-sex-blogging-crokscrewing/

Whose to say that John wives' have nonhuman cervex? Maybe they have a longer and more muscular one like a pig, but with out the corkscrew shape.

-Have you posted a map for this novel? If you have not, I strongly recommend holding off on it. the map of exoplanets and even the stars and nebulas is changes every 1-4 months. This is because of Gaia satellite and exoplanet research boon. We are getting really good with our prediction of Earth-like planets as well (within 15% error). I even made my own interactive exoplanet map based on the results. If you would like to have it, I can share you the link via mail.

-Will the crew ever get an astophysics or astronomy expert? Or is that Alyssa/John's job? :3

-I was curious; where did you get the inspiration for onyxium? As a person who dabbles in solid state quantum mechanics and atomic physics, I know there "are no new elements only phases of matter and states of particles"; however you description was so good I figure it's based on at least something real.

From neo

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ch 85

When are we gonna see ch85 tefler ???

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Neo

Concerning the human cervix: While it is not normally possible, I have witnessed two different situations where it is. First, my ex wife had an issue where her cervix opening had dropped to the point I could penetrate it. Second, I have seen women who practiced and developed the ability to 'present' their cervix for penetration. So: from personal experience I know this is possible. However: it has been stated by the characters, within Tefler's Universe, that John physically manipulates his women to be able to take him into their cervix...so that is a non-issue as far as the story goes.

"Will the crew ever get an astophysics or astronomy expert?" As you suspected, Alyssa has memorized every star/navigation chart she has ever seen. Like Dana, she has a photographic memory. She is so good, she can navigate from memory alone and determine, to the minute, the best routes and transit times. However, Jade is taking over those responsibilities and is almost as good as Alyssa, though she does have to refer to charts.

As for maps, Tefler has a Patreon page which you can access (the url is on his information page) which has some very basic layouts of the major races, drawings of the Invictus (both before and after the last refit), professional artist's renditions of the characters (an ongoing project), and a LOT of very good commentary of the chapters. The chapters posted there post about 10 days before anywhere else as well.

FatherSinFatherSinover 6 years ago
Real estate values are melting!

It is a waste to zap the base in a way but it did make a serious statement.

Any serious buyer will want to redecorate anyways so having the plot levelled off saves demolition costs.

Should they plan on building something here or just sell it into the compensation fund pool? Any opinions?

Too depressing a location for an orphanage for example.

andyaandyaover 6 years ago
real estate

Yo Dadsin

that planet is a failed terafofmed test not that good a planet

and that base is on top a mountain apart from looking at the stars and maybe base jumping only other thing is people want to visiting to see it as the 'Lion' been there.

but than again anywhere the lion and lioness go the crowd will follow so he's week or two skiing should get crowded

CeruleanBlueCeruleanBlueover 6 years ago
I try and I try...

to ration out a new chapter as it arrives on our virtual doorstep. I mean, with the lengthy moderation wait of late it's only logical, right? Then why do I binge the entire chapter in a single sitting?!? Arghhh! Now comes the interminable wait for the next chapter. Tefler, you're doing a fantastic job! Please keep it up.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 6 years ago
So far I've resisted the compulsion...

...to check if chapter 85 is out yet. I honestly haven't gone back to the submissions page a single time. I'm chewing gum, smoking cigarettes, and slamming tequila, but I haven't looked for chapter 85 yet. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

hillcountrycowboy

PS. Thanks Tefler!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
Tefler: I second Ramjet75's comment below:

I know, every story has an ending and I suspect I know what pivotal event will conclude this one. PLEASE, don't stop cold there like some authors do, Give the crew a long pleasant ending afterwards. We have come to love them, each in their own way.

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
just thinking

with the addition of the latest crew member, we now have enough to fill all the seats on the Raptor. (if we leave no-one apart from Faye on the Invictus)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 6 years ago
John needs to find Norwood and his Dreadnought:

He should take it as a war spoil.

I mean, imagine something 4 times the length of the current Invictus being able to move like a fighter with the equivalent of an entire Terran Battle Group's firepower? Add in the ability to jump in and out of Gravity wells using their FTL drives, their standoff capability with the large number of Nova Lances and the Singularity Drivers that can now defeat shields? That thing could be using Beam Lasers on turrets that were each 72 times more powerful than Terran Beam Lasers as point defense lasers! LMAO!

And with 6 feet thick Titanium Armor Plating...replaced by Maliri Crystal tech to make it equivalent to 36 feet of Armor Plating...you would have unlimited hard points for hundreds of Gauss Cannons and MK II Photon Lasers each. Not including a set of Nova Lances for each set of current Beam Laser emplacements (I seem to remember there were a dozen such emplacements). A DOZEN Nova Lances on one Dreadnought!!!!!!!

The thing already has a dozen Terran power cores....so just replace them with Progen power cores of the same physical dimensions and you have all the energy you would need to work all the weapons and power the ship. Heck, the two that power up the Singularity Drivers could be split and one run a couple Nova Lances AND the Singularity Drivers! The other can run the rest of the Nova Lances while you split 6 more among the Photon Lasers, Gauss Cannons...etc (Not by sector so if one goes out the ship doesn't have a 'blind spot'). Then use the remaining 4 to run the ship, power the shields, and power the engines/thrusters. Use massive Progen capacitors to smooth out the power flow and provide the reserve power for peak usage times and you have one massive gunship. Have four Maliri with Calara's targeting skills manning the weapons, a pilot with Jade's skills, and a Captain locked in to Calara for instantaneous tactical awareness.....holy holocaust Batman!

I would put the Nova Lances on turrets...they may not be fast moving, but they really don't need to be. Would still be better than the current static emplacements.

Zues: Meet the Amaterasu...restrooms to the rear are available for cleanups.

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Why a dreadnought?

Dana has already the basic plans of a progenitor vessel, weapons and engines are not yet included, but all the rest is a given.

Now she and the Maliri can start - with Alyssa and John as the main supplier of the "special" materials - buidling it. She has a lot of data from the remains of the Ashanati wreck of Mael' Nerak's battleship she can utilize to enhance it.

Yes, she will increase the firepower, but what she also will do is enhance the Raptor with a nova-lance (maybe two, just to be sure and safe), and some heavy guns - as if a nova-lance is not enough for tyhe moment. That will surprise a lot of ships, in a fun way for the Invictus, who can deal with the "big" ships...

Combine that with a fleet of Maliri-vessels, which have a Ashanti crew for the communication in battle, each also upgraded with progenitor-grade engines and guns, such a battlefleet will create havoc with enemies of Terra, Ashanti an Maliri.

Maybe the battlefleet can support an army of Drakkar-marines and groundtroops, after John has tempered with some aspects of their behaviour, so that will be having a specialist-race for an invasion.

Trakarans will supply the mining for the raw materials, to be bought by the Maliri and/or John.

I do not know if the resulting empire was what Mael'nerak had in mind, and maybe there are a few more races to be included of the races he has created...

If that happens the unknown progenitor will have some problems I think. All races contributing their specific strength to support John and Alyssa, so it will be the crew of the Invictus against the single enemy.

Do I have a deja-vu of remembering a plot-line in the Eddings-saga of the Belgariiad and the Malloriad? Maybe to much writers whose stories I have read...

texanguy1texanguy1over 6 years ago
re hping

I have read all of those in the series three times. I agree. It does look like that. Also would like to point out, it does seem like athalus as well. Even has his own Emmy the cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

No update on ch85 tefler ????

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Did you know that the Lord of the Rings books are a total of about 450k, the Harry Potter books are 1.08m words, and you are looking at over 2m? Damn man, you rock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

@Tefler

https://rltierney.com/2017/04/18/is-patreon-a-good-source-of-income-for-writers/

They list you in a top ten earners for patreon. No matter what qualifiers they put on their, you are still doing great. Keep up the writing. Also I would not mind if "Setting Sail on a Black Sea" were to cross paths storywise with TSM. In fact I think that having all of your stories coexist would be amazing. I have been reading since your chapter count was in the 20s. I originally read your stories for the Sex, but upon reading them I decided that the plot was more entrancing than the sex scenes. You are more consistent than the other writers here. "A Loner Mentalist" has been off for months. You are an amazing writer and I wish that I could support you on Patreon, and I am surprised that you have not moved over fully to patreon.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 6 years ago
cybernetics for Faye

I sort of second Carla's attitude about recycling Mikaboshi's cyber assassins for Faye . Edarele has already captured all the black market merchants & their goods & since she is the Matriarch of the #1 House she doesn't really need the black market to get the very best of any Maliri cybernetic's for Faye .She can just say it's a reward for sweeping in to save her daughters & Jade . The very best advanced hardware (until Dana can supe it up ) for our Faye with no bad juju or blood on it .

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: CeruleanBlue

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the story! :-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: Hiding in Portland

Someone did a wordcount a few weeks ago and I was up to 1.7 million words! I'll definitely hit 2m before I wrap up the story. :-)

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Re; Anon - rltierney article

Thanks for that link, it was an interesting read. :-)

"Setting Sail on a Black Sea" is intended to exist in the same universe, but I'll eventually pick that one up once this story has finished. I've got a sequel in mind for TSM, so it'll probably be a bit of a wait!

Tefler

TeflerTeflerover 6 years agoAuthor
Chapter 85 - Status update

I've just submitted chapter 85 for moderation, so it should be up by... some point in the future!

I'm about half way through chapter 86 at the moment and there's a 5k word preview up on my site.

I also got the art commission back for Jade in tiger form, which you can find in the usual place. It was painted by the artist whose work inspired me to create Jade in the first place. I think she did a really nice job. :-)

Tefler

hpinghpingover 6 years ago
Chapter 85

Thanks for the update Tefler.

Normally it would be two days but now it seems to take at least seven or more days to get into the queue for publishing. I follow another author who has sent in a new chapter of his story on July 22nd, but that is also not in the queue yet...

I am wondering what is going on with the moderators because in the forum of LitErotica there are a few threads about this subject, but no further info has surfaced yet.

Thanks for the story, and over to the waiting (a.k.a. reading) game in SOL and LitErotica besides all other things to do...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
As per usual!

What a gifted writer with an enormous imagination! I have delved into you favorite authors and have found some real gems with a good sense of humor. Please don't stop this series any time soon. A very loyal fan....

1handslapping1handslappingover 6 years ago
1.7 million words

at the rate you've been going thats writing the Lord of the Rings every 163 days.... continuously and it took Tolkein 17 years to write just one.

you're over halfway though your fourth. in less than two years.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6795 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES