All Comments on 'Morning News Ch. 03'

by dispatcher59

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lost one of your gals

I'm a little heartbroken one of your muses moved. Great story as always.

dispatcher59dispatcher59almost 7 years agoAuthor
To heartbroken anon

Such is the world of small and medium market TV. The older talent seems to stay forever, the younger ones move around a lot in search of career advancement. My understanding is she sent a demo tape to the station she started on out of college, purely on a lark, not expecting anything to come of it. They hired her, so off she went. Good for her-it gets her a lot closer to her home town, but doesn't help the story any. But maybe there will be a reunion at some point-nothing in the works on that, but these things sometimes turn into a story after the situation stews in my imagination for a while. Meanwhile, Paige and Laura will keep me busy for a while. As they say, stay tuned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Zzzzz more disbelief not suspended. Sorry, not happening.

"Paige is gorgeous," said one new guy to his friend.

"Don't get your hopes up," I told him. "Yes, she's gorgeous, and she's the nicest girl you'll ever meet, but don't let the fact that she seems like a ditzy blonde fool you. She doesn't take any crap from anyone. Don't get the idea you're going to get a piece of her any time soon." The kid looked at me like I had taken his candy away. "Just be cool, be nice, and maybe in a couple of months you'll have a chance." He got really quiet after that. I probably saved Paige some heartache, but more importantly, I knocked him out as a contender for her attention, at least for a time.

So why is it this guy is deterred?? If she's so damn smart, why would this guy have a chance anyway?? And why would this self serving monlogue deter him??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Excellent submission, dispatcher59! Any plans on additional chapters/expounding the storyline? Paige getting together w/the 2 rookie camera men would be a good one....

dispatcher59dispatcher59about 6 years agoAuthor
To Anon on 02-17-2018

Paige and the rookies is an interesting thought. At the moment, I don't have anything planned on that particular topic, but there are ideas kicking around in my head. I am working on another chapter involving Paige and Laura. If I can work out details, I have an outline of a story with Laura and her current beau, Steve, and a three way where he and I have at her. That's a way off, though, and I have not started anything. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdispatcher59@dispatcher59
724 Followers
New Yorker with a predilection for older "Girl Next Door" types and Weather Channel gals.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES