All Comments on 'Brooms are for Cobwebs'

by tungtied2u

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
jd4georgejd4georgeover 19 years ago
The poem doesn't quite earn it's title...

...and the image in the title offers awesome possibilities. While I found some nice, hard images and phrases throughout, I also found myself suspecting the emotions were getting in the way of your heart.

I'd really like to see this poem in another 3 months!

Maria2394Maria2394over 19 years ago
ohh, I see spiders

and an abused mom and/or wife. I do think your emotions play a huge part in this, but I tend to like emotional poetry :)

BlueskyBeautyBlueskyBeautyover 19 years ago
funny choice of words maria used.

were we not just talking about them critters last night??

tt, there's nothing more i can add to what i've already said..cept maybe ty!

someday i'll try writing this, we'll compare emotion 3 months from now ~grinzzz~

xo

Vampiric_MirageVampiric_Mirageover 19 years ago
Great Imagery!

"Words black with venom

hissed through serpent lips"

From the first two lines you caught my attention. This is an excellent poem dealing with a very sensitive issue. I agree with jd4george (to some extent) that the title doesn't quite seem to fit the poem in spots. As for jd4george's idea that "...the emotions were getting in the way of your heart." Don't the emotions reveal what you feel in your heart? Isn't poetry supposed to be emotional?...Anyways, thanx for sharing this with us all & well done!

tarablackwood22tarablackwood22over 19 years ago
your poem

is mentioned in Tuesday's reviews.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
*

Ouch, Tung, this one is so vivid in imagery you can feel it.. it hurts. Nice work.

TathagataTathagataover 19 years ago
I like the way

It plays out...I do agree it's almost like two poems.

One deals with the physical...one the emotions.

I don't see anything wrong with it...probably because I tend to write that way too.

: )

Some great word choices and images...

That last stanza is a powerful one.

Nice work

LilDarlinLilDarlinover 19 years ago
Grabbb~!!!

Wow.. This poem reaches out and Grabbs ya.. Love the whole thing. Flow is smooth as silk. Imagery is insightful. Loved it..More Please~~!!!

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

An incredibly powerful write of the victims of abuse and their need to escape, to heal and finally, begin again to live life.

LeBrozLeBrozabout 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 34,000 poems.

----------

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous