All Comments on 'The Myth of the Four-Hour Erection'

by Gaucho

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
meh

I'm with you on the idiocy of ED ads (isn't cialis the one with the 2 folks in bath tubs.. took this man a few 30second blocks to figure out what problem they were pimpin a solution to ;)) and the bigger/longer aint necessarily better but you lose me on the narcisism and patriarchy bit.

I suppose it all depends on your situation in life. I really don't see much of a patriarchy existing in America these days except a wholly constructed one that benefits certain groups (it usually isn't men either). I know a lot of guys who have no problem going down on a gal and don't mind foreplay. I also know a lot of guys who aren't really satisfied by their partners.

Anyway, I really think you're making too much out of it in that regard. The pharmo corps. are using sex to sell pills that will make them lots of money. Its one of the oldest selling techniques in the book. Face it, people are generally stupid when it comes to that thing called...sex. The hormones take over and we lose our brains. We need to fight the viagra pimps with common sense, one person at a time. Bleh.. or something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Bravo

A wide ranging and well written essay. I don't agree with all points but it was a pleasure to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Family Values

Interesting essay. Why are we paying for drug companies to both attack family values and suck more money from us into the health care system? Behind this essay are some very interesting questions about modern US mores.

juicylipsjuicylipsover 19 years ago
Excellent points!

You made me think and laugh. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well said!

I just want to add, as someone who routinely has four-hour (and four-day, and four-week if I wanted to) erections, that they can be more annoying than helpful, and don't really amount to that much most of the time. (Once in a while they make day-long sexfests possible, but a whole lot of other things have to be Just Right for that!)

No, I don't have priaprism; I have a penile implant, as I'm one of the 50% with ED on whom the drugs don't work (something the commercials, of course, don't mention). I've got a squeezeball pump (with a release valve) in my scrotum and bladders in my penis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks.

Speaking of big and long, did you know in Fiji, they call a man "long pork"? The Koreans eat dogs. Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Insight?

I seem to be one of the few who found your insights almost as shallow as the male and marketing mentality you complain about. I normally resist criticizing someone who's taken the time to write, especially if they write as well as you, but what are we to learn from pointing out what's wrong? I for one would prefer to know what is right about male enhancement drugs.

Sure there is male stupidity, we all know that. And so what if the makers of male enhancement drugs play the market to make the most money? We all know that's how business works, so no surprise there. (By the way, having tried all three products, for me nothing beats Viagra . . . all I need is about 1/16th of a pill to stay sexed up for hours.)

What is GOOD about the male enhancement drug, which readers might find interesting here at a sex forum, is what it can do for a sexual relationship. If you like spending hours playing sexually, the drug can really, really add a lot to that. As a lover, I already was holding off my climax for hours so I could give my lover lots of fun and climaxes, and receive all her hot attention. We both can't imagine a more fun morning or afternoon or evening than to spend it in bed playing sexually. What the male enhancement drug has done is increased my "heat" throughout that time, increase my penis size about 10% just from being so hard, and allow me to get ready to use my cock when I want to do that.

It hasn't made me ONLY want to hump her, I still love eating her sweet pussy for as long as she can take it. I like to fist her too (because she loves it), which doesn't involve my penis. Hell, I like just looking at her when she is dressing slutty.

So I say, if you are a good lover, the male enhancement drugs can definitely help you have more fun and be a stronger lover. And if you are lousy lover, which I suppose most men are, then take some lessons and listen to people here who have lots of fun with sex. But why complain and ridicule the state of things? I don't see the benefit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Bigger and harder is better, sorry guys

I beg to differ with this article , exept for one thing, the part of foreplay.... men think because they tittle your clit for 2 seconds squeeze your tits for another two, then the ol 2 minute pussy lick your just dying to go.... I would play with a long hard dick for hours, thats what they make lube for, plus most men jack off anyway to finish so why worry about getting down, I never saw a man have a problem wrapping his hands arround his own dick.

Plus im sorry the " is it in yet"? doesnt do a thing for me im not saying you have to be king kong but most men sorry to say have smaller or average cocks.... so guys if you have a small cock i hope to God you can eat good pussy .... cause we adore our pussy's just as you live by the cock we live by the " cum lick my pussy"

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Next, we'll have to pay for all the heart attacks

Very well written, funny, and incitefull. I can't believe the stupid Cialus ad hasn't been branded pornagraphic. Of course, the religious right has too much stock in the drug companies to say anything. I'm quit liberal, but the way that slut talks about "My man" . . . geesh .. low rent sleeze. LOL

Thanks for the laughfs and the food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
The 4 hour ramble

The only thing more pathetic than the 4 hour erection is your 4 hour ramble.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
so smart........

so smart, i love women, & actually more so , respect them, friends and lovers both. this hit a nerve, a good one. narcissic, unpleasable women definitely need more time,not foreplay, but hey, can do.lol. it is selfish to expect too much, and i honestly think MOST, not all, women do. thank god i need no one for reinforcement, sexually or otherwise & glad i do'nt meet a woman like the first complainer.let's face a non cynical, above 35 realization for men. i care not for most women, most HONESTLY are wanting the material world first, go past that guys, get to the few good ones . they are there, just rare.if you do need AN ED medicine, save it & your time for the few who deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Hilarious

Funny as hell. I havent tried any of these yet but will keep some of these points in mind if and when i do.

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
Brilliant

Thanks for the laugh!!

I'll never be able to hear the word 'Viagra' without laughing now LOL

Great job!! ;-)

Tarot BarnesTarot Barnesover 19 years ago
Great

Funny as hell and so true, especially 'birth control is not a basic right of the American female' but a man's ability to sustain an erection is.

I guess it makes sense for the drug companies to try and target people other than the unfortunates with erectile dysfunction but are people really stupid enough to fall for this? Selling Viagra to healthy men is like selling water next to a lake <shakes head> wait, they do actually do that.

And for all those who think it's a good idea for young healthy guys to take this, I only hope you can afford the heart attacks and other healthy problems unnecessary use of this drug can cause.

Thanks

impressiveimpressivealmost 19 years ago
Wonderful!

What a gem. Entertaining and very well written. Thank you! ~Imp

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Did you hear the part about seeking help?

Actually, a four hour erection is a legitimate medical problem and can lead to perminant disfuction. (IE, you'll never get it up again.)

Seeing that people are sooooo good at reading instructions before taking medication in this country, and people would never consider suing a drug company because they didn't read the fine print, is it really all that surprising they push that "If erections last over four hours?" crap down our throat?

Our doctor made sure my husband understood that before she perscribed him viagra. Because apparently some guys are so damned stupid they think they should continue with a four hour erection, not go to the hospital.

It wasn't "Bragging rights" it was "Let's again avoid a chance of idiots screwing up and expecting everyone to give them a million dollars for their mistakes."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wow !!!

wow what a REAL look at the way most men think and maybe women feel today if all of the covers were torn off of our brain washed minds!

playboymaxim251playboymaxim251over 6 years ago
Excellent, and relevant

Excellent, thought provoking article, and relevant in light of the recent birth control issues

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A 4 hour licking is earned

I'm very OK with eating a woman, but too many (including every one I dated in my life) don't reciprocate. There are lots of promises, but no deliveries. So I stopped.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent article!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous