All Comments on 'What I Learned From Anony'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
ttom76ttom76over 6 years ago
Fun!

Being a history buff, and having a daughter with a Ph.D. in ancient history, Rome was quite a bit more complicated than that. For example, if a woman had 4 children, she could become emancipated, if you will. (She'd still be married but not under her husband's control). Generally speaking though, you're right.

I enjoyed your 'myth' of the romantic love that would protect you from all other temptation. Both men and women are susceptible to looks and personal intimacy.

So, how to we protect ourselves? Easy, don't get into compromising situations.

Notice how many of these stories start with the wife going out dancing and drinking without her husband. Just plain stupid. True love is supposed to protect your wife from being judgment impaired by alcohol while sensuously dancing with men who want into her pants? Not likely!

Ditto for men. We now have a term, work wife. That's a perfect way to start an affair. Many were offended by VP Pence, but his policy of not having lunch alone with a woman not his wife, is very smart.

One last thing, where did the truism, "once a cheater, always a cheater" originate? The world is replete with idiots going through a mid-life crisis who cheated, then never did again.

Regards,

ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Interesting

But you ignored the fact that most cuckold stories are thinly veiled repressed homosexual fantasies. The author wants to be like the naughty wife -- getting fucked by lots of well-hung men. But being in denial, he also feels intense shame, hence the inclusion of the wimpy cuckold husband character who either watches the fucking or frets at home while the merry wife is out on dates.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
cheating as a crime?

Not such a new idea, as the old African-American proverb says:

'A liar will steal and a thief will kill.'

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Thanks

Very thoughtful. Did not expect this here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Boo

Damn, I feel like I am back in college in a English Lit class. What about ending your Truth series?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
to forgive adultry is to throw out the reasons for a marriage

if one is a cheater, has cheated, then everything on that list is ended

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Our Divorce Laws Are Not Equal

If a husband is the guilty adulterer, he is raked over the coals, drawn and quartered, and his life as he once knew it is now over. If the wife is the guilty adulterer, the husband is raked over the coals, drawn and quartered, and his life as he once knew it is now over. Adultery should be a felony with the guilty parties, the spouse and the interloper, subject to remuneration to the victim spouse and a certainty of incarceration. Based on the number of years taken from their spouse to be served behind bars by the culprit spouse and co-defendant. And today's courtroom decisions to demand marriage counseling are designed to favor the wife. All court costs and costs for counseling should be paid, not by the husband, but by the third party that tore apart the marriage. Why is the third party totally guiltless? Also, I firmly believe that a husband who walks into his home and finds another man having sex with the husband's wife should have every right to fatally shoot the interloper, without any legal recourse to himself. If a man breaks into my home and tries to steal my TV, I have no problem with shooting him or bashing his head with a hammer. Is my TV more valuable than my wife, my marriage, or my social standing? Absolutely not. If a man wants to have sex with my wife, that's fine...as long as he is prepared to die for that privilege.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
small correction

'women reach their sexual peak at 40'

i'm sure many people use this butchered version.

it's more like women in their 30s get their first big hit of testosterone.

and add their ovaries are screaming at them to have kids.

add to THAT women aren't taught at ALL in today's society about this.

they are taught the opposite, "men are horny dogs, women are in control"

it's a recipe for disaster with monogamy. men get their first real hit of estrogen around this age to boot.

what you have is women acting like horny teenage boys and the men acting more like emotional love based teenage girls.without any introspecting, or societal influence these two 30-40 year old lovers may cheat. acknowledging your flaws, strong moral references, healthy communication....these can all thwart biology. but the biology is clear, gender hormones start to reverse a bit (not a ton) by that age.

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago

Men cheat far more than women. There would be hardly any extramarital sex if men could just keep it in their pants. If you talk to older woman who tried to have it all most say if they had to do it over again they would never do it that way again. Most women who are currently working and have a family, when asked, say the would be a stay at home mom if the could afford to live on hubby’s salary. Most can’t. Sure women cheat but most have a lot of marital problems before they ever do. Usually the marriage is on it’s last legs anyway. ‘Lovin wives” section just pure male fantasy not reality.

justbobkcjustbobkcover 5 years agoAuthor
@Timriv

Thanks for your comment.

Men cheat more than women. True. And it DOES take two to cheat, no doubt about it.

But the studies/polls I've seen all seem to indicate that the cheating rate differences are now approaching parity - if not quite there yet.

My article wasn't posted to specifically blame women - it was to "blame" culture more than anything else. Culture that historically (since the Middle Ages) romanticize sex/marriage with "true love" but also recently does a lot to trivialize faithful marriage and almost supports infidelity - especially by women. Because women are in the getting/even catching up with cheating men down thru the ages stage.

In the political/power aspects of human sexuality, it might help to remember the vast majority of prostitutes are women and the vast majority of "Johns" are men. There are many reasons for this and basic nature is involved, as well as "culture". The most basic "nature" fact is that women get pregnant and men don't. A lot cascades from that simple biological fact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ewwww!!!! I regret that I read this!

I sometimes get mad at postings and their authors... But, after reading this, I just regret wasting my time. Very boring, conservative super-narrow minded person. You havent learned anything from anony. You are just spouting your conservative rubbish

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyabout 5 years ago
There are no

moral phenomena; only the moral interpretation of a phenomena; so, in effect, that god approves tying a woman with man even if he is an abuser; this is romanticizing the patriarchy, and the cave man. Please. Marriage is a conspiracy against woman. All women need is equal participation in science and education, even that were deprived to them by the patriarchy by some patented bullshit like how women's brains are smaller than men's; well, proportionate to the body size, theirs are actually bigger, and they do use it. Someday a woman will become physically as powerful as men are, and that is the day I want to see what the patriarchy is going to spout, citing the usual, god, trinity, heaven, hell; sheesh. You can't create love out of commitment or a solemnized relationship; it is logistics; it is about foot, shelter, and clothing when women were forced to remain indoors, forced to remain illiterate; the things that men did to women will take at least 100 million years of atonement. A wrong repeatedly drilled down doesn't become right; that's exactly what the patriarchy has been trying to do. Women have faced death with more equanimity than men did. Joan of Arc. A prostitute can be a good mother, but a womanizer and abuser can never be a good father.

notredame43notredame43over 4 years ago
hmm

interesting take. Here's my two cents about why in most cases in the real world im not in favor of reconciliation. I dont expect people to be perfect but i do expect them to be grown adults, who consider the consequences of their actions. Also im pretty strict on keeping your word. if one cheats on a marriage, especially a more than once happening, its pretty much done. I dont think its unrealistic to expect absolute fidelity from a husband or wife. And when that isnt the case, its not just the sexual act thats the problem thats just the final nail. Its every action, fib. deception. all the consideration and the planning that is what shatters the relationship into a irrepairable mess, from that it, to me is impossible to go back. just my two cents

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Thoughtful essay with good points. Personally, been married for over 25 years. It hasn't been an easy ride, but, no infidelity. Wife came to me at one point and suggested "we need to do something, or we won't last". That resulted in couples and individual counseling. One thing, in retrospect, that I think has kept us together, beyond our commitment, is the transition from "eros" love to "agape" love earlier in our relationship. I suspect that one of the reasons relationships fail is that the transition doesn't occur. The transition is not something that just happens as "agape" love is a choice - it isn't fueled by endorphins as "eros", or, romantic love. I'm sure there are volumes written on the subject.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What bullshit are you spouting, somewhatniceguy??

RodzzzRodzzz9 months ago

What I got from the story?...............Women can't stop spreading their legs. Yes. not even our very own true love.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The problem with this is isn't everyone on the internet pretty much "anon"? I don't think that if I go to the Yellow pages and look up "Just Bob in Kansas City" I'll find much.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My take on true love is the one feeling, the one commitment, and the one emotion that remains in virtuous people, men and women, when the heady fire of initial attraction fades, and the intensity of sexual attraction is tempered by familiarity and time...

The inability to betray the one person you promised never to betray.

If you both have that as a fundamental principle, nothing will have the power to interfere or destroy.

The rest of it is just the mechanics of infatuation and/or greed, and shows those who succumb to be the weak-minded fools that they are. Doesn't matter if you're an emperor or drive a garbage truck. It all fades into meaninglessness when your personal life is destroyed and your soul ripped apart... while even the most humble of virtuous couples will go to their deathbed contented and loved.

Nothing else matters.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

The Author wrote: "My article wasn't posted to specifically blame women - it was to "blame" culture more than anything else. " 100% THIS!!!

Unfortunately, the resulting change in culture has had a devastating effect on the social fabric of our society. Nowhere has the change been more evident than with women and their traditional roles within the family. These traditional roles were absolutely necessary and were in many ways more important than the male's role in modern society. Without women rearing and raising children, guiding them, nurturing them, educating them, and training them, we end up with the declining society we see before us. Generations of children being raised in single parent households, families with both parents working, or children being raised by other family members who are not their parents. Any of these models "can" find success, but statistically are less likely to do so. Sadly, women have been convinced that their traditional role was subservient, discriminatory, or oppressed. What an absolute shame. Having successfully been convinced that they are "missing out" if they aren't perfectly equal to or better than men in every single thing, is one of the greatest travesty's in human history. Both sexes are uniquely equipped to fulfill specific roles within the family. Both are equally important, but are each equipped differently.

As always, YMMV BRB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous