All Comments on 'Englishman's Rose'

by sirwoodcutter

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I really liked it!

Nice job. W1ll we be greeted with a chapter 2? It appears there may be a few loose ends. Like the rest of his vacation. It appears that it will be short lived due his return to the UK?

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
Kentucky

We Kentuckians all know how to please, Y'all come back now, hear?

DavidinKentDavidinKentover 6 years ago
Great story. Haas a few lose ends that could use another chapter.

Being a competitive shooter and CCW instructor myself, I enjoyed those references and the "Condition Yellow" mindset that the main character has. Just wondering where a UK resident, even one with military background, would get the opportunity to possess the specialized firearms much less practice enough to be able to compete in the US but that is just me. Other than that, great story needs a follow up.

sirwoodcuttersirwoodcutterover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanx DavidinKent

Hi David, thanx for feedback, I'm still a learner when it comes to writing so like to know a story is appreciated.

You wondered how I got to practise in the uk before competing in the US. I arrived in Kentucky, borrowed a pistol & holster, shot in first pistol competition for 19 years, an ipsic match. Wasn't saying it was 19 years since I had shot a pistol, that was only five years, since in Orlando in 2012 I had a few hours with a glock22 and 100rnds, and before that in 2000, so its not like I could claim that I hadn't had any practise.

Thanx

Sirwoodcutter

sirwoodcuttersirwoodcutterover 6 years agoAuthor
True stuff - Loved Kentucky

Whats not to like about Kentucky. Regardin the story, I had shot a multigun competition, had been ready for the rock, and was in north west kentucky, I did have the pleasure of a waitress called "Heaven", she could have been an angel. kisses to u HR

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great story

enjoyed the story, gentle and loving .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous