All Comments on 'Consent is Sexy'

by asraidevin

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

No HE can't fuckin kiss me, wish you writers would STOP using this crappy writing style. It's just lazy writing.

trigudistrigudisover 6 years ago
Where's the romance?

You've written an erotic scene, one scene with FEELINGS conspicuous by their absence, not to mention background and backdrop, Minimalist fiction has its place, but not in a romance story. This belongs someplace else. Just where, I'm not sure.

RunblesRunblesover 6 years ago

I really appreciate this story, to the point that I made an account so you can provide a reply if you're so inclined.

I don't know if it's intended, but this reads to me as if he's autistic, or at least on the spectrum, and wants to be sure he doesn't step out of bounds (or miss an oppurtunity) due to not noticing/understanding cues (and it reads as very caring to me). Is it actually intended, or a happy coincidence?

And it's a bit personal, but are you by chance on the spectrum?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That's not autism, that's consent

That scene is the definition of how to practice good consent. If you think your partner might prefer nonverbal cues, the only way to find out is ask. Most stories posted here seem to be rape based, and that's not what I want to read, so thank you for writing this. I thought the writing was a good deal better than some other pieces I saw, although I agree that the romance category might call for a little more context and story surrounding the scene.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I agree with the last comment! Good consent is all too rare to find, so thank you for writing this! Good communication makes everything sexier, and it's just a happy coincidence that it also makes everything more accessible to those on the autism spectrum.

Honestly, my only serious critique is that there are some parts of this that could use *better* communication, and fewer assumptions/expectations about the partner's body and desires.

I disagree with the commenter who deemed this is a "lazy" writing style - just the opposite: it is a lazy (and unacceptable) lover who doesn't prioritize their partners' consent, and a lazy writer who doesn't want to take that into consideration. Writing about true consent takes true talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ignore the flack you're getting. Your story is one of the few unquestionably consensual one's here.

Please ignore the flack you're getting. Your story is one of the few unquestionably consensual one's here. I can't tell you how many non-consent stories I've read at Literotica® with unaware and unconcerned protagonists that stalk, harass, commit assault, abuse, and rape with impunity, never concerning themselves with the POV of the victim. If these stories were rape fantasy where we saw or heard “victims” plan entire scenarios with willing participants and were shown how hot this was for them, that would be one thing. However, a disturbing number of these stories read like a police blotter: criminals plan their attacks, carry them out, and either brag about them or pretend consent without the voice of the victim ever being acknowledged. Or the POV of stalkers, abusers, harassers, and rapists alone (usually men hurting women, but not always) is considered the hot part. Projectile vomit at your discretion.

Folks, rape, incest, and power differentials aren’t hot without the establishment of consensual context. Show how the submissive and more vulnerable partners in a consensual scenario have negotiated or given consent, and I'm right there with you.

Do better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Erotic consensual sex! Yes!!

Sexy, hot, smart, and consensual! What’s not to love? Great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Consent is sexy, but it would be sexier with romance

I like it somewhat... but its distinctly lacking considering my expectation from its label.

Lacking in that this is just two bodies. There isn't personality. Go into more detail, what about this guy is so amazing? How did he capture her heart? Why does this lady mean so much to him? How did they meet? What were they doing before? How sweet and respectful are they to each other on their dates? What more than their bodies are involved? Who is she, how did she catch his eye? What unique flair did she unwittingly show that charmed him?

You are writing all about the lust, and while I appreciate that, I want more if this is to stay under the romance label. Its a solid firm yes for consensual though, unlike some other things I encountered in the past under that label on this site. I am glad I gave this site a try once more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous