All Comments on 'Changed Redux Pt. 05'

by china-doll

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Regarding your opening statement about editing

I'm sorry but your opening comment about how you don't use an editor because you're too "attached" to your characters sounds silly, overly defensive, and just a poor excuse for not working more on your craft. If you don't want to use an editor, fine, don't, but at least self-edit your own work. At any rate don't come up with excuses about why you don't especially if the excuse doesn't hold water. Editing doesn't reduce your attachment to your characters, it shows that you care enough about both the story and the readers to put effort into it. Thank you for allowing me to comment. Criticism aside I do enjoy your story and would like to see it continue. Thank you.

china-dollchina-dollover 6 years agoAuthor
Response

Thank you for your feedback Anonymous. And no, I don't mean that in a snarky way, you'll notice I leave up all feedback, good or ill. I do appreciated constructive feedback and your comment is constructive, painful, but constructive.

You are quite correct in your statement that not using an editor is limiting me and a poor choice. Many would also agree with you that my reasons for not using one are silly. Perhaps they are. Indeed, when viewed from the outside, a lot of my life is probably quite silly to others. Many consider my clinical depression silly, or my countless anxieties silly, or my shockingly low self esteem silly and my almost total lack of friends silly. Probably most of all, many would consider my being a middle aged purveyor of smut to be the silliest of all.

I don't tell you these things as an excuse, merely an explanation of who I am, an insecure person who finds their refuge behind a keyboard. I have no illusions of ever being a professional writer. I write erotica as an escape from my real life. An escape from being me. I tried to go the conventional route previously and used editors years ago and I failed. My mental issues, anxieties and phobias eventually ran amok and it turned me off writing for years. Witness the long hiatus in my submissions. Apparently some of us just weren't destined to play well with others. Perhaps some day I'll work up the courage to try again but until then I will continue to do the best I can within my own fragile mental limitations.

I also didn't mean to imply I don't edit at all. I scrub every story through several grammar checking programs and reread and edit what I've written Goddess knows how many times in the days and weeks it takes me to finally work up the courage to hit 'submit'. Then I spend several nights staring at the ceiling wondering what I missed and dreading getting trolled.

I was trying in my foreword to give a simple explanation for what is really is the complex and convoluted problem of being me with all my issues included. Being attached to my characters isn't the only reason and perhaps it's not really the main reason, but it seemed like the best way to explain it. Perhaps it wasn't and perhaps even putting it in was a mistake. In rereading my foreword you're right and it does read as an excuse and not an explanation for that I apologies, it wasn't really my intent. Anxieties and phobias often defy normal logic and explaining mental issues to an audience who doesn't experience them can be challenging at best. Perhaps I failed again to explain it. Sometimes as a writer I fail but I'm working on it.

~CD

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done.

You have captivated me, keep writing please. If you would like a proofreader not an editor just respond, it might help with some anxiety.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great work

I look forward to a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Dude holy shit

Can I just say this is amazing??? Because holy shit dude. It's soooo good. Keep up the good work! You're doing just fine editing too btw. There are a few mistakes but we are human, it happens. The guy who criticized you can fuck off you're trying your best

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 6 years ago
Verrrry...

well done!

Thinking back on the original led me to rereading parts of it. By the time we got to Tony's part, and the seduction of the joggers, I remember thinking that it was getting a bit formulaic. This redux wiped that out like gangbusters.

I was worried when you brought Kazorra into the scene. Competing deities sometimes can cause human themes to get lost in the loftier and broader ambitions of immortals... or maybe it's just me getting lost. Anyway, that did not happen. You kept the story on Mary's level, and on human love and lusts that I can easily relate to.

As far as the editing thing goes, I'm with you. You and all the authors are, in my opinion, are wonderful. You dare to share your gift of storytelling, and you share the skills of that craft which you have cultivated over time. Thank you. I'm awful at remembering names on cue, but there is one writer on Lit that includes in the Introductory comments that they only do one edit and think that's fine, after all, they don't get paid to produce professionally edited smut -it's free.

Whatever our challenges, each of us must find our own ways forward, and as long as they work for you, more-or-less, well, there you go... forward.

Thanks verrrry much for sharing this wonderful upgrade to an already hot story.

JackSilverJackSilverover 6 years ago
More please

When is the next chapter available?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More!

I just reread you series again, and it's absolutely great! I really hope you are continuing to write. Don't let the critics get you down! I for one love your writing style. You have a good plot that I'm looking forward to see where it's going. The "action scenes" are very nice... Just the right amount of detail... Eager to see what will happen now that there are two powerful women in play!

NormthegreatNormthegreatover 6 years ago
I read it for the plot

Corruption is the best fetish. All the goddess stuff is whats making this story stand out and I was a bit disappointing when the ritual for Mary to devote herself to the goddess of women was skipped. Maybe there wasnt anything there to write? I just want to see how it all clashes, please keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great!

I really enjoy your stories and this is actually one of my favorite series on the website. The longest gap between your chapters has been 2 months, but it's been 4 months since this story was published at the time of me writing this comment and there hasn't been any more. Is this the final chapter, or are you just keeping us waiting?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Need a new chapter

Please don't say the story is done. It has been way too long for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More, please!

This is an interesting story, and I'm anxious to see where you take it next. There are elements of the original version I like better, but also elements of the new version I think are improvements. I'd be happy to see either one taken forward.

china-dollchina-dollabout 6 years agoAuthor
Still working on the next chapter!

Apologies to all who have been waiting for the next chapter of this story. Up until a few months ago I did most of my writing while riding the train to work. Unfortunatly, my job changed and I now have to drive. As a consequence this next chapter is taking much longer to complete but rest assured that I am still working on it and hope to have it completed soon(ish)!

Thank you to all who read, comment and especially vote!

~CD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Eagerly waiting!

Great to hear that you are still working on this! Was a bit worried there for a while... Keep up the good work. Stay awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I hoping for more soon!

I'm happy to hear that you're okay and still working this magnificent story! Please bring us more of this fantastic tale!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Next Part

Any kind of update on the next part? I really like this series and can't wait for more!

brianpchbrianpchalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Couldn't put it down, excellent reading.

Excited to hear you are working on another chapter.

JackSilverJackSilveralmost 6 years ago
Great

The ending for this was great. Hopefully some more seductions are on the way

TSreaderTSreaderover 5 years ago
Yummy!

Very yummy and hot! I love it! Thank you!

EugeneSelfishEugeneSelfishalmost 5 years ago
Great!

Excellent chapter in an excellent series!

JacktheBlackJacktheBlackabout 3 years ago
Best yet

This just keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to more!

skygod2skygod2over 2 years ago
Better

This chapter is way better than previous, and that was not an easy thing. I will read the next ones impatiently.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous