All Comments on 'Almost Pt. 07'

by danoctober

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
A surprise in every episode!

Oh the possibilities...LOL!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome!

This story is turning out to be one of those rare gems, that I have to search for a very long time to find on Lit. Thanks for your efforts and I'm looking forward impatiently for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Keep those chapters coming!

This is the craziest romance story I've ever read. It's strangely entertaining in a perverse way. You're juggling a funny collection of characters mixed in stupid situations that I find myself wanting to know what happens to them next.

TigatronTigatronover 6 years ago
Keep it coming

Great chapter keeps getting better, now just fire the tramp and its perfect.

Personally I think Ben cheating would be out of charector, throwing himself at his wife's mercy wouldn't. Would love to see Jacklyn put Sharon in her place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great, where's the next chapter? Hurry please.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years agoAuthor
Keep in mind.

I understand this is a completely ridiculous story that is going to push the boundaries of reality, political, racial, romantic notions, and most importantly (for me) humour. I make no claim regarding the factual truth of any science or technology included in this story. It's all nonsense.

I mostly read stories in the Loving Wives and Sci-Fi fantasy. This is the first story I 've written that I posted online. Hence all the comments that I need an editor. And I wholly agree. The inspiration for this is all the terrific writers in my favorites.

The catalyst for this story was another in the LW's section titled, 'You Can Go Home Again' by blackrandl1958. The story in essence is about good people who make mistakes. That's over simplifying a very well written intellegent story. My apologies for that synopsis blackrandl1958, but I love that story. Another one was, " Escalation " by FinishTheDamnStory". That 4 part story is like Quentin Tarantino directing the movie, "War of the Roses". Totally over the top. Both 5 star work.

That's what I am shooting for here. A mashup of a nice couple of young people finding their way to each other and the total nonsense of highly improbable situations that "Almost", .....well....let's wait and see what happens.

Many thanks again for all commenters and to Literotica for allowing my gibberish to post here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
best chapter yet

It's a really fun read. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Probably

the most discerning insight into the modern condition. Hugely entertaining and the best parody I have read for some time. Should be in Humour & Satire though. Definitely a 5 star read but will Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones forgive you??

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
I usually wait ....

....until a story is complete, and then read it all at once. I guess it's an instant gratification thing, but I'm also afraid of losing track of the story, especially one like this with so many plot lines. However, something got me started reading "Almost", and now I'm hooked, and waiting in high anticipation for more.

I enjoy your style, and I'm interested to see how you plan to interweave all the plot lines. Dan and Sam, Brian and Cheryl, Jeff and Will, Ben and Jacklyn ...and Sharon?, not to mention all of the tertiary characters. This could grow into a pretty long and complex story. You have the beginnig of something really good here. All 5* from me so far.

My only complaint is that I had another book I intended to spend my Sunday on that I've managed to set delay for "Almost".

Thanks for sharing your talent.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Loving it

Keep on going and we'll keep on following.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Despite the grammar...

I do enjoy this, despite the awful lack os self-editing. My one gripe in this chapter is that you brought in this infidelity of Harrison and his PA. This is in Romance. I know you didnt do it with the protagonists but still I'd rather you don't pursue it further. Thanks.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years agoAuthor
I feel your pain...

@ previous Anon commenter...

I get it. I really do, but what I want all readers to understand is that all these characters are essentially good people, who might at one point behave foolishly. Please keep in mind I am not shooting for anything remotely connected with reality. All situations will dovetail into one another. Also, I know editing is just terrible, I understand the complaints. As I am writing this I am in contact with an editor. Hopefully, she is the one that will clean this messy story up that I will post as a novella. A silly one. And honestly, this was (1) my first story (2) In my mind at the time it was going to be a one-page flash story. That's about it. After the first chapter, I was going to try a LW's story. I do read all comments and take any suggestions or criticisms in consideration. BTW - I have no clue what is going to happen next until I am typing. One sentence to the next. I don't take this seriously and neither should anyone reading this. So if you want to continue reading this junk, see you later. If not, I'm cool. And as for ROMANCE? This is a romance between Dan and Samantha. Anyone else could be collateral damage in this magic kingdom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
PKIU ( please keep it up)

Looking forward to the next chapter from the magic kindom.

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Please don’t do this to US.

I read ....Perfect Marriage before reading this and became a fan of your story telling. I know now that you’ve added Ch2 to HTDaPM. I am reading it next. I can only hope that you will get to a finish worthy of these two ultra fine stories.

Thank you for your effort to entertain. You get full marks so far. Best wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very entertainiing story.

I came to this story by way of your LW's one, "How to destroy a perfect marriage". There are so many characters in this story but somehow you've managed to keep them moving along and still make sense. danoctober, your writing is strange. I like it, but it's loopy. Seriously, I am looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Well

this doesn't seem to fit in the story but ok, it IS Literotica. Let's hear the rest of Dan and Sam's story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Continuation?

Is the next chapter coming?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Heheh I like where this going

Another Harvey Weinstein...at least this one won’t get in trouble for doing what powerful men we meant to do to those that serve them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I only recently read this series of: ALMOST. All though there are a few minor incongruencies, I'm going to forego listing any of them. All in all, I really enjoyed the entire series except:

Before launching off on a follow-up series, add two or three chapters to bring this one to a GOOD completion.

Before part 8, add enough narrative pertaining to the meeting of Dan with his girl's parents, paying more attention to the mother's role.

Then wind-up the series with the two kids coming together, both sides, as a completed future twosome.

Don't pursue the relationship of the father with his secretary as a part of this particular series. Leave that for the second series.

Also, as pertaining to the girl with the: Gift, if you expand on that, you should probably make that a totally possibly third series. it could be a good stand alone subject.

Since I am not currently a logged on user of Literotica, if you answer these suggestions, just refer to me as: RLW.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yeah

no. The sub dom bs did not fit in this story. I suggest deleting some of page one and all of page two from this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WRITING ......... I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Feels like

I stumbled into a different story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very disappointed with Sharon and Ben's office hijinks. Their sexual tryst does nothing for the story and is totally out of character and brings the rating down to a 2. Delete this chapter and add the beginning to the next one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdanoctober@danoctober
383 Followers
Wow! What a time to be alive. Hope everyone passing by has everything going their way, with all good and no bad. Positive vibes from me to you.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Almost Pt. 06 Previous Part
Almost Series Info