All Comments on 'Breaking a Good Man'

by Hopelesslylust

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WRONG CATEGORY

These type of stories should be in fetish section never in L.W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hate people who threaten suicide...

I can't stand people who threaten suicide to manipulate others. If he was that kind of man, then it's no wonder she list respect for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
fetish

wimp story -1*

MARC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well, isn't that just a sad, sorry tale of woe

Would've been better for him to man up and arrange the lovers apparent mudder/suicide. With letter from wife that she is so torn she has decided to kill her lover & herself so they can be together forever.

Suicide is just a permanent solution to a temporary problem. She is only 1 woman there are way too many out there to pine away for the 1 that doesn't respect & love him enough. Better to broaden his horizons and explore ALL those other lovely options.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 6 years ago
finish it

Finish it after she got home and knew. Now that makes it complete. Come on finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This is so gay and terrible.....seems this was written by a democratic.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Meh

I don't care how much she "cares" for her husband, she loves someone else and doesn't care for her husband enough not to cheat on him, so she should at least be honest and ask for a divorce.

I hated the final letter. Even if he didn't mean it, he should have written that he would HATE her for eternity!

I know this is 1st person, but I would have liked to see what happened to her when she found out. Hopefully a deep, deep depression!

ManoBlueManoBlueover 6 years ago
One of the most Pathetic...

He was so weak willed that it offended greatly, it's just laughable how bad this was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That was rubbish

I wish he had topped himself on page 1, it would have saved me reading pages 2, 3 & 4.

Total dog shite story.

Please dont write anymore.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 6 years ago
Threatening suicide to attempt to control someone is just sick

Sure, she was an absolute bitch BUT if he tried to emotionally blackmail her by threatening suicide if she cheated, then he deserved all he got. Plus, to transfer all the assets into her name, plus have the life insurance payable to her (and indirectly, her lover) is just a wimp of the worst kind. Yeah, he sure showed her, didn't he? That wasn't love... he became a doormat for her to scrape her and his shoes on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hilarious

The least you could have done is have him commit suicide in her car..to be discovered when returning from lover boy.

I chose to consider your story a comedy not meant to be taken seriously...

The wife obviously did not care for husband though you tried to convince us over two pages

She wanted out of marriage for years and he knew it

Then again maybe suicide screwed her up for life

Tough to imagine her not feeling guilty next time she saw lover boy

But then she was hearless to begin with

Having access to numerous computers I will so enjoy repeatedly scoring 1 for story until your average score is substantially below 2

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Agreed, meh

I think if you were to finish this tale, it would be fitting that he faked his death, and is living happily somewhere. She would be an emotional wreck for a while, but if she were true to her character, would eventually get over it. She loved him, and perhaps at one time it was enough for her. Obviously that is no longer the case, or she would never have brought up the idea of another man, let alone texted him again after the fact for more.

Thanks for sharing, and keep trying.

RNebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yep a lot of readers will not like this story

But this type a situation does happen in too many cases. Thus, in my opinion the presenter as set forth a real life drama. Like or not this does happen. For this reason my vote is a 5

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 6 years ago
An interesting first story

The pain your protagonist felt was very real and you depicted this well.

I think the story could have been a little shorter, but that's a minor quibble.

I think it would be nice to see it from her point of view, next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Actually, they both deserve to die!

Including Trevor.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Pretty good but

Killing yourself will hurt her greatly, and is a form of revenge but an unsatisfying form if you aren't there to see the aftermath. Better to fake it so you can see that she is devastated. She will be shamed when others find out why. Trevor will move on long before a funeral even takes place. He wouldn't want some woman in mourning. He texts show him to be a very callous creep. She will never be happy again and will soon join him.

Why hurt yourself over a disloyal cheater. Move on and find a better woman.

Dawgbite38Dawgbite38over 6 years ago
A good man

Well written. I would really like to see his wife and his wifes lover get some sort of pain for the utter disregard of the husbands feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Incomplete story

Life is never one sided. Yes, from the husband's view, it is over. But, the reader is not husband. The conclusion to the story needs to be written. As a reader, we need both sides. Namely, the wife's reaction. We have some of the wife's reaction in the story that gives her viewpoint. It is almost point and counterpoint. This last part only gives the"point". Now we need the response to his action to complete the flow of the story.

wonder203wonder203over 6 years ago
What happened???

You need to finish this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Story

I agree needs a follow-up; obviously, she didn't take him serious enough after 15 years or more being with him how could she believe that this would happen

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyed your first story, but it needs a sequel

I enjoyed your first story immensely, but I agree with the three Anons below - this begs for sequel from the wife's viewpoint. While the husband's reaction to his wife's betrayal may seem wimpish or unbelievable to some, I see it as a realistic possibility for a man who's been so seriously wronged . Your writing made us feel the husband's pain. I'd love to see the effect the husband's suicide had on the wife. (Another possible scenario - the husband is spotted by a concerned citizen, and saved, and then has to deal with his wife.) One nitpick: I believe the idiom is "get PAST it" (in the sense of go beyond it or put it behind you), not "get PASSED it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a bunch of cuckold/wimp crap!!!

Thats a story??? Try it again with more enthusiasm and lifelike dialogs!! Your crap is only a guidance for true losers and cuckold/wimps!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Having worked the suicide hot line, and being trained on the psychology of suicide ideation, this story, no matter what the story line, is disturbing and far from entertaining, as stories on this site are supposed to be. Real or imagined, this is an unhealthy script for anyone to read and could possibly lead someone astray if they were to experience such a situation in there own life. Suicide is far to prevalent in society and this story no matter how seemingly benign, could contribute to someone modeling this characters behavior and taking their own life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
He left town

changed his name and lived happily ever after

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 6 years ago
well.....

not too entertaining, but very disturbing. Too dark for me

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Her side after the fact

Like to hear how life went for her after the fact.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
If a man catches his wife cheating and

kills her and her boyfriend, readers think that it is an extreme, but somewhat reasonable response. The husband went temporarily insane. If his extreme reaction is to harm himself, rather than others, he's just plain nuts. The point is that cheating can have all sorts of consequences. This was just one of them. Readers feel this guy was weak because he didn't harm anyone but himself, but the guy that shoots the wife, the lover, and the family dog is merely a strong, but upset man, doing what needs doing. It seems that many consider it weak to harm yourself, but strong to harm, maim, or kill unarmed people that really piss you off. Like Clint said in the Unforgiven, "We all have it comin', Kid."

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 6 years ago
WTF ??

She cheats and he kills himself? Not happening...

He blows up his car... burns the house down... takes everything and disappears but

kills himself? Not fucking likely... Now, killing himself and contracting someone to kill both of them... NOW THAT I CAN SEE HAPPENING... it would drive the two of them fucking crazy... it would almost be worth it in the long run... NOT !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry

Insurance will not pay, taking enough pills to kill yourself twice over is a obvious suicide. Gave it one since unfinnished. One thing for sure your first letter pretty much puts wife and lover in position where everyone they know(friends, family and colleagues) will blame them and will pretty much run them out of town.

Shit they'll have to leave the bloody state. Learn to finnish a story.DB77

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Dark Dark Dark

What a sad tale. The marriage was over when she told him. If your going to kill yourself, why not kill "Trevor" also? Agree with HDK- different people react in different ways. It was a well written story that got an emotional response from me . 4 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

What a sad man !! He knew what was happening before it did.Why did he not take steps to burn the pair of them ?? Seems a really stupid way to finish things.She is so into her lover that she wont feel any guilt.What a silly waste of life.I know its only a story but really!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Re: Faking It

@rnebular, @ScorpioJJ, I like it!

It reminds me a little of "A Circumstantial Case" by jake60, where he faked his own murder and framed his wife and her lover for it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
aftermarth

needs a conclusion of the slut and her man whore's reaction to all this

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Would love to see a continuation

Maybe from her perspective, possibly with some clue that the protagonist faked his death. (Which is just my hope, fits the story better if he actually kicks it)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why don't you people understand the dilemma

His life is her and her happiness. He cannot live without her. She's the air he breathes, the sun that warms his skin, the reason to wakes up and lives a new day. She's now in lust with her lover and her lust won't stop, on the contrary after the hot night of sex, it's stronger. He doesn't want to destroy or hurt her or him. She made a choice, her choice was to open the marriage and make him a cuckold. That shows him she wasn't totally happy with what he had offered her as a man. The sex she had with her lover was something far better than he had ever given her, and she logically she will continue wanting to experience the hot and tender sex with her lover, in fact she's now willing to cheat and is lying to him to be able to keep cheating. He doesn't want to live without her love and without the feeling that he makes her totally happy. It may be flawed, but that's the dilemma he faces. He doesn't want to live with her if she's not totally happy with him physically and mentally, and he's not willing to live his life with the knowledge she has needs he cannot properly satisfy. He won't be happy sharing her or losing her to her lover, so he decided to take his life erasing his pain and allowing her to explore a future with her lover. The price is that now she knows her actions made him take his life. Now, her happiness and pleasure will be tainted with his death. Can she live with the guilt? Who knows? May she can, may be she cannot. It's not his problem any longer. He didn't want to live with the pain he's feeling, so he got rid of it. Not everybody is willing to live at any cost. We choose to keep living, but we can also choose too to stop living at any time. He was happy with her for twenty years, and may be he had more happiness in those years than many other men in a life time. He didn't fear or regret death, if death erases his pain. His pain is real for him. Some say, "Suicide is the absolute response to the inability to want to live the next moment".

Richie4110Richie4110over 6 years ago
Unusual story

I realize that the threat of death has been used before I can't remember it used just this way, ending with a suicide note. I found your treatment unique, dramatic, and emotionally charged. I loved it and gave it 5 stars.

I hope you will continue to develop new stories for our pleasure. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Where is the fantasy value here?

Lirerotica is supposed to be fantasy not stark raving mad insanity. Horrible ,horrible,horrible story redo or burn it but that can't be the end or is the just the next unending chain drivel nobody can seem to finish anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 star!

The husband needs a hobby! No one should ever make another person responsible for their happiness! This guy should have bailed.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
I THINK HE IS KILLING THE WRONG PERSON

there are 2 more deserving of their fates, TK U MLJ LV NV

WhenilikeWhenilikeover 6 years ago
Tragedy but good story

People may be mad that he ended his life, but that is what makes this story compelling. I admit I was hoping that by the end and with a sequel we would find out that he takes his death, but as I thought more about it. The story does need to end as it did from his point of view. I don't condone suicide, but I Consider this a morals tragedy. We see a wife who was selfish enough to over look her husbands mental instability and focus in her own desires. We see from the story that this wasnt a short term affair, but the emotional cheating that was ongoing. The husband saw what was happening and tried to stop it. But it was too late. The wife would have gone through with her plans regardless because she packed the ability to consider what her husband was going through. Now she will have to live with her choices.

We also have to consider the individual and couples history. Even with a streesful.event like this. Suicide is not the go to answer for any person for a one time event. He probably had a history of depression or prior trauma that led up to him considering suicide. She was just too selfish to consider what am event like this might do to him based on their history which was supposedly great.

I think the ending needs to stay as it is, with his death. However I would be interested in a sequel from her point of view and the repercussions of her affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Let that hoe go!

If she doesn't want to be with just let her go. To threaten suicide to keep someone is crazy. I have heard of a broken heart, but to kill yourself?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

another cocksucking WIMP posting dumb cuck SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Husband was insane

Wife was a self centered bitch. I would like to see an additional chapter where the wife finds that the husband screwed up the estate and she winds up with nothing. Her lover Trevor was just looking for a quick slut experience and leave her after he finds the "love of his life" and settles down for a life long marriage. Let's see how she handles the aftermath of her greedy slut experience.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Not bad

Suicide, the last refuge of those incompetent to deal with the circumstances of their life. Driven there, evidently, by being totally dependent on his partner. Not my way, but hey.

On another, less depressing note, something to be thankful for. Westerns, by dozens of the most popular writers in the top lists from all the categories. How does that grab you, partner? How about three of the top five, all-time? Those who dominate the top-lists here? Oshaw, Qhml1, HDK, JPB, DTIverson, Patricia51, Amyyum? More? Writers from other categories, such as Silkstockingslover, AngelIone, Burntredstone, Lostboy, TXRad, and more? Cowboys and Cowgirls dusting off their chaps and riding out to write some great stories. Does that lift the dark cloud of depression a bit? Stay tuned!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Think I'll go out and take some pills, after that.

How pathetic can a character be? If you don't love me, I'll just kill myself! Interesting idea, but I'll pass.

@Randi

Damn, girl, Literotica ought to hire you! Sounds like you're bringing out the big guns! I'm one of those who wanted you to go past loving wives. Will you be writing a story, and when is it going to be? Sounds like this might be even better than the Legends day deals. I'll be looking for it. RPL

mmk778mmk778over 6 years ago
hello

how fool is he he kill him sell for what for a slut of wife just a simple fool why don't hi just kick her out of house and see a women how relay love him

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
About the story

Could you follow up on the wife? It's sad...and interesting at the same time. I just can't see her and her lover ever having a life together. Please find it in you to continue

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I can see Randi's vision for western LW stories!

I was branding steers when the fire went out. The boss sent us home early, but as I approached my cabin, I saw a strange horse in the corral. My stomach churned as I snuck in the back door only to find the town smithy pounding away on the wife. I didn't have a camera or a phone since they hadn't been invented, so I pulled out some paper and quickly sketched a pretty good resemblance of the action, although I may have made the wife's tits a bit too big.

Then I snuck back out and went to the local saloon to think. In our territory, there were no divorce laws. The general rule was the sonabitch that was left standing got to keep whatever worldly possessions the other man had, as well as the cheating slut. The smithy was big and good with a gun, so I needed an edge. I finally decided to leave my sketch where the deputy sheriff would see it, so I slid it under the door at the jail and went back to the bar. Twenty minutes later the jealous deputy took off and I followed. By the time I arrived home, the smithy was dead with a bullet in the heart and the deputy was badly wounded, so I shot the fucker dead and dragged the the wife back to bed. Women are damn hard to find on the prairie, so we never let them go to waste.

HighpikeHighpikeover 6 years ago
Thank you

Congratulations! You have stirred up a lot of negative comment but explored some very important thought processes as well. I don't have much time for people who hitch and say x should have done such and such. The author decides what his/ her characters will do. We rate a story on that, not on how we might have the plot go if we were in charge. One comment asked for an epilogue or sequel to describe the wife's reaction. Actually, I think that will be a story in itself. It has certainly given me an idea to write about, but it won't be posted.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Wife expression of concern

Another story released today is "trying it out" by sbrooks103x where we see equal treatment expressed back to the wife that just had to get some on the side. The husband in this story is mentally imbalanced and the wife finds this out as she is preparing for her first date with Trevor so why does she try so hard to keep her husband from harming himself? She goes to her lover has the best sex of her life and then after telling her husband how much she loved doing it, she professed to not straying again. At this point she knows what will happen when she decides that she is going to continue on with Trevor and the husband finds out. Why does the husband not change the financials after finding her treachery? If he is going to kill himself (which is a sick ending) why not just do it at home and leave her a note saying that he'll see her in hell? You really need to finish this story with the wife finding the dead husband the the follow on events of her life after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a fucking idiot

What a fucking idiot!!! And so are you for writing this stupid shit, and I guess I am to for wasting my time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What ugly and nonsense story

The author did a tremendous poor job on this pathetic story. In fact it seems the author has some serious mental illness mixed with some cuckold issues with gay issues that were transported to this bad story.

This story lacks of creativity, nonsense, shallow, low context, poor written and it is not even hot nor sexy story.

This story is not enjoyable and it is such waste of time reading all the way through.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Bitch!

But that is my third person reaction. This seemed to me like a one-act

play and I was more than ready to applaud the actors and the author on a

brilliant performance.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 6 years ago
Need more

I agree that you need to expand on your story.As she told him what she did (at his coxing) she should have known that to say everything would have just prolonged his choice. I would like to see where instead of pills he drives his car off a cliff or something to fake his death then slips back into his house and haunts her till she goes off the deep end. A little cock snipping (Or a lot) to Trevor would be nice also. Good luck in your next endeavor.

chytownchytownover 6 years ago
Well Written Story***

Crappy story line. I call this a dumb downer!!!!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
It is one thing to have a sick fantasy

Quite another to write it out, this was pure drivel from the first page to the last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

There is a complete disregard and misunderstanding from many commenters here about what depression is, suicidal ideation, and general mental health. He was not in his right mind and his wife should have realized that. Commenters should look more at the psychological aspects of this story rather then the actual cheating. This is a character study of someone dealing with extreme emotional issues. Other then not knowing the husbands history, you get a good story displaying his psyche as he reacts to what's happening.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
You expect empathy from the LW commentariat, Anonymous?

Women are evil and untrustworthy, so men must be strong and unforgiving.

For a 'wronged' husband to show any emotion other than rage and a thirst for revenge is to display unacceptable weakness.

Lue

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
A disturbing, unsatisfying and patheic tale, based on a bad version of romantic Love

Probably sickening to write.

BUT just fucking genius on so many levels.

Pearls before Swine. Kudos you sick wimpy advocate of undue devotion and retreat from retribution.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Good riddance to the wimp

There is only one answer to a wife doing that. I don't have a BTB mentality but that would be the end of my marriage. That he would commit suicide shows how weak he was. 3*

BTW you need to learn the diff between passed and past. You're using them incorrectly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Did not enjoy it all

Terrible theme and story line. Delete it and try something else

sggylvrsggylvrover 6 years ago

Very believable. I can see how he felt there was no way to recover from the injury she caused to his pride. I do enjoy a story that gets out of the typical LW rut, and you have done so with this effort.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
This story didn't answer a big question...

This story didn't answer a big question: How would he react to her sudden death (cancer or car accident)? Would he killed himself? Or would he keep living mourning her every single day? Why is this question important? Because her cheating meant the death of their marriage, exactly as if she died...Also this story has a lot of issues already noted by other comments...The suicide by pills, the final note, and why the need for the exchange of sms if they worked at the same place? So 2*

Rocco1960Rocco1960over 6 years ago
Wow

Finally a tale that delves into the dark side of betrayal in marriage. It's very dark and disturbing, but I've seen this almost happen before. Realizing the depth of the betrayal, that his entire life, the life he had devoted to her, was all thrown in the garbage like a like a rancid piece of prize meat. That could very easily destroy the strongest of men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story

Possibly a little long. Would like to see wife's reaction when she reads the letter. Obviously the husband suffered from depression, which is a serious medical disorder. H did not act rationally making W go thru with the date. His killing himself is entirely plausible and could be from what he said or a desire to punish her, which is more likely and probably succeeded. If H loved W and did not want to hurt her he could have figured out a way to do it without W knowing. So the BTB crowd should be happy with this. What could be worse than knowing you killed someone especially if you loved or cared for that person. There were two victims here and hopefully three, the boyfriend, although as written boyfriend will likely not give a rat's ass. Either a 4 or 5. It could have been less wordy.

anon.1

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
No, No, No, Impo. There's no comparison

Having watched friends in both situations you mention, death of a spouse and death of a marital relationship, I feel sure there is no comparison in the most common emotional responses from the bereaved partner.

To have someone taken from you by circumstances beyond anybody's control is tragic, but nowhere near as shattering to the ego as having a partner betray what you have seen as an unbreakable trust.

We see it with husbands and wives whose spouses have decided that somebody else can provide something better than they can get in the marital relationship.

(We see something similar in parents whose children decide they no longer want to know their mother or father. We see it in adopted children who go on a search for the biological mother who for some unknown reason 'abandoned' them.)

To have somebody who you saw as having the responsibility to love you be attracted away is shattering. Unlike the spouse taken away by death, the betrayer is still there, apparently enjoying himself/herself, while the abandoned spouse is grieving the lost loving relationship.

No comparison, Impo.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not satisfied with the end.

Good story but.....

Why did you not end with her reading his letter?....So 4+

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "About the story"

I don't know if it could be much more than a flash story, but I'd like to see her break down at the news, drive her lover away and live a miserable, lonely life; maybe even have a total nervous breakdown and be institutionalized.

Or take the opposite tack, with the lovers toasting each other, laughing at him, amazed that the wimp actually did it, and now they can be together!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@luedon Re: "No, No, No, Impo. There's no comparison"

While I see your point, I wouldn't say that there is NO comparison. He can't live without her. In both cases he has to live without her. If the seeing her, especially with the lover, is a problem, then move away, treat it as if she died.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 6 years ago
This DOES happen

Just Google Phil Smith. He was UK businessman who did this in late July. I was in London at the time and read it and thought, wow that's out there. Then I read it here and it doesn't seem as out there knowing it (or the conclusion, anywAy) had happened in real life.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x

I have to go with Lue, here. I have seen stuff like this. We can all concede H is suffering from emotional illness. They are not all the same. You can be depressed without self hatred (some younger, more pc than I would say self-doubt). You can also be depressed and blame yourself. That self blame can be more easily treated in a natural cause or accidental death than an abandonment, for fairly obvious reasons. But when that self blame has some, hoverwer large or small, basis in fact, then the self blame can become a personality disorder and not only a chemical disorder. The former are MUCH harder to address and more likely to result in self harm. This is a story, but the medical issues are genuine and not just "move away". Shit, if "move away" worked, a whole lot of mental health professionals would be much kind more successful. Emotional illness, especially personality disorders, or tough stuff. I think Lue knows this, and she was right. Respectfully,

Nonethewiser

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Knowing he was mentally ill, she never got him treatment?

And worse she knew cheating again would kill him.

So she wanted him to die.

Needs more. The aftermath etc

What happened to her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

No person who has zero respect for you no matter who it is is worth shit. First he should've drained everything and given it annonomus to a church or something. Then if it's that bad where he needs to kill himself over than why not kill them two or at least the scum who gets off on fucking married woman . If it was my wife she would never had made it to the first date because I would have hunted him down and broke both his legs then liquidated all money and home refi. There is no way that his cunt whore cheating dirty bitch of a wife deserves his money to spend with a guy who destroyed their life. Not to mention she works with him they never will stop fucking. He could start with heavy cash a bunch of new woman and the satisfaction of her suffering

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Excellent!

Have to leave the house to be on time for an appointment. I get how he feels but not how she feels. I would have killed her lover and would have to divorce her. I know how it feels to be betrayed and abandoned . Felt like I was dying . There was a big hole in my chest, an empty spot an ache I couldn't heal. Time does dull things but that hole has never filled tho I have a good woman now. I'll never know the whys of betrayal or understand it. I lost trust in all areas of my life....but it goes on...and not with out some joy.

C_frommnC_frommnover 6 years ago
Great Story

Like a lot of other's. I would like to see him fake his death and Watch from the Side Line's. as the Wife either Regret's or Rejoice's in her Freedom. Like Janis Joplin sand Freedom is just another word for nothing Left to Lose. But to get back on point it would be a nice finish to see what his actions do to her.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
A Late Reply to HardDaysKnight

HDK, I just scanned back through the comments and indeed, as you say: "Women are damn hard to find on the prairie, so we never let them go to waste."

I think that has to be the unique selling proposition for Randi's LWW concept (Loving Wives Westerns). Beyond that, it's hard to break the standard LW template. It's just a matter of what causes you to come home early and whether you find a strange car or a horse in the driveway when you get there. Everything else is much the same.

But I still think that cactus should make an appearance somewhere in the story.

Lue

Ps: Next; LW in the Sahara? "There weren't many dates to be picked at the wadi so I came home early and there was a strange camel outside our tent."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Seems fairly familiar

I've read a story very like this at one time. A striking tale but too depressing for me. Once read is enough. ****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What of Her Post-death Feelings?

You left too much out.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
There seems to be a misconception going on

I am NOT talking about a LW event. Some of the stories will indeed be LW stories, from the writers who prefer this genre, but the ones I have seen are decidedly not. There will be romances, EC, First-time, Mature, Sci/fi or maybe even a gay or lesbian, IT or IR story. I am not asking for a certain genre, only that they be Western themed. Only the LW stories will be posted here. If readers want to find the stories across the categories, they will need to do a "tags portal" search for "Story for Literotica Writers Go West." HDK knows this and was making a joke. Don't want to foster the wrong impression.

Sorry author, but you might enjoy the stories, too.

eightytuneseightytunesover 6 years ago
When Love Is Not Enough

Again a cheater gets caught and the injured suffers. BUT, the SEQUEL could spell out her fall from grace as well as Trevor gets his due; because they tempted fate. Maybe MIRACULOUSLY another motorist sees the car and gets him medical attention? wishful thinking, BECAUSE he is a GOOD MAN.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Really good -- Would enjoy a follow-up

Actually, another author on here wrote a somewhat feeling-based, prosaic story of a wife who basically starved herself to death after her husband left (and later faked his death). If anyone wants a followup to this, read that story and pretend it's Meg from this story. The woman's guilt in that story is actually more appropriate to this situation.

Personally though, I'd prefer it if she didn't lose her mind . . . that's the easy way out. I'd prefer she end up shunned, but that not mattering because she's in self exile, living life alone, never dating or remarrying . . . pretty much seeing the world and life as a wasteland, which she has not earned the right to exit. (She'd eventually get somewhat better, but be forever changed.)

She might even arrange to kill Trevor, letting him know why, and telling him it doesn't matter what happens to her now. Or perhaps he actually grows a pair, realizes his role in what happened, and goes away, avoiding married or committed women in the future.

More likely she simply avoids ever seeing him again, any memory of their sex now completely corrupted by superimposed visions of her husband's dead body. Attempted sex with anyone in the future yields similar visions. Her husband's writings go viral, and anywhere she (or Trevor) go they are despised and avoided. Most people they once considered friends or colleagues can no longer stand the sight of them.

Very good BTB story, if she has any kind of conscience.

So many possible scenarios . . . just thought, one interesting option would be if she met up with Trevor, but suddenly realized she couldn't go through with it, even if her husband were never to find out. She rushes home . . . too late. Now that's tragedy!

Want reconciliation . . . she rushes home, calls the police, they do get to him in time, but he's in a coma for 2 or 3 years. When not working, she sits by his bed every day, never doing anything but talking, singing, reading to him. She learns what real love and true loyalty is . . . almost, but not quite too late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The woman appears to get away with,what is essentially, murder.

That bitch needs to pay dearly.

just as dearly as he did.

Who knows? maybe his vengeful ghost will return and drive them both to suicide.

Hey, just because he said he would love her forever doesn't mean it will actually be able to. Some acts of betrayal are transforming.

In my version, loverboy gets his dick ripped off by an invisible entity, and shoved down his throat while Meg watches helpless. Then Thomas appears, an enraged look of hatred on his face, and he says to her in a vice as cold as death: Run, bitch. You're next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh God Damn !

Got to the end of page 1 , almost puked there !

I'm kind of coming to understand this humiliation fetish these gay deneying fags who write this shit have , but it does not make it any less of a fucking mental illness .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
standard wimp cuck story

featuring detailed description of amazing sex with wife's lover, useless sissy husband, etc...

user110user110over 6 years ago
frankly, i liked it

i have always been an advocate of suicide for people who want to kill themselves. in this case, i am particularly satisfied because hubby's co-dependent nature should (and did) result in his inevitable self destruction. good riddance.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Really unlikable characters"

Suicide makes no sense? Of course it doesn't, to those of us who aren't troubled enough to do it!

Unfortunately, there are people for whom it DOES "make sense," otherwise we wouldn't have suicides!

DieAlteRomantischeDieAlteRomantischeover 6 years ago
Thank you

You're a powerful writer. Please continue to share your works with us.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 6 years ago
What a debut!

You put us in the mind of a man who can't face life without the love and respect of the woman who won his heart. When we hear her description of her passion-filled night and see her reaction to telling the story--even though she doesn't want to upset her husband--we can't escape a feeling of foreboding as we finish the story. Please continue writing and letting us read your stories.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
ugh

sorry to say im not impressed. leaving and taking all the money is more likely by far than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WOW!

Extremely well written, you held me captive until the very end. the end to my mind could have been a little more, like what she did next. Well done and thanks for sharing,

maninconnmaninconnover 6 years ago
I get it

Readers on LW are tough critics because the are passionate about the things our characters do to each other. Some of us want love to grow at all costs. Some want intense hate to replace love after a betrayal. Yet there is a class that sits in between. Some just don't know what to do. If the betrayal kills the love, simple it's over. But that may not be the case. There are those who forgive, believing forgiveness is key, it's cheaper to keep her, or it was a one time mistake. I don't know what to do can also be coaxed into anger, revenge, or a kick to the curb just as easily, especially if the cheating partner doesn't approach the aftercare with respect, remorse or tender loving care. But what of the guy who sums it up with "can't live with her, can't live without her?" What if he truly can't, and the pain is f rejection is as real as the love he still feels. A bottle of pills, as extreme as it may be, may indeed be his answer. Well done author.

kdcee79kdcee79over 6 years ago
Thomas - a sad person

Great LW debut, well done. I personally can't relate to Thomas or his method of dealing with Meg's final cheating; he says his love is forever & yet he plans the ultimate revenge on her - I'm sure she'll never recover. My score for this is only middling as even though you've written a powerful tale I didn't enjoy it all that much. 3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Broken along with him

So many comments! You captured me, and tho it was painful, I couldn't stop reading. That's what good writing and storytelling does. I felt a hole in my heart as I read. You were breaking hearts all over Literotic, and they didn't like the way it felt. We'll Done.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 6 years ago
What about Trevor

You never stated wither Trevor was married or single. If he was single and had such a big cock he would have had women all over him and had no time for Meg. If he was married how would Meg and Trevor ever end up together?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A true wimp, or less. But he was a good dog.

Love is not about giving, its about sharing, and respecting. What a dog gives you is not love. Oh, it appears to be love to some shallow people, but a dog has too little intellect and no soul, so a dog can act loving, act loyal, a dog can give its life for you. But a dog cannot love you. The husband in this story was loyal and faithful and in the end sacrificed his life for his wife's happiness, just like a dog. But also like a dog, he did not respect himself or his marriage, and did not demand that his wife respect herself, and her marriage. So he treated her like his master, his keeper, the human who gave his life purpose. Just like a loyal faithful dog.

So the wife came to disrespect her husband. Yes, she cherished his timid self-sacrificing enabling manner, his permissive forgiving behavior, and, of course, the comfort and companionship he provided. Just like a good dog. But she did not respect his strength, his righteousness, his self-confidence, because he had none. And in the end the wife wanted more than the slobbering simpering attention and affection of a good dog. The wife wanted a man. Over the years, the husband demonstrated that he was not up to the task. She will be better off without him.

And he is correct in thinking that eventually she will see that her husband's suicide was his final and last act of dog like slavishness, and cowardice. Her husband was inadequate not because he loved her too much, but because he loved and respected himself too little.

The wife may end up with Trevor, but only for a while, if at all. Reflecting upon her husband's final desperate act, and her behavior leading up to it, she will come to see that for Trevor she was just a piece of ass, a great fuck, a free whore. Trevor did not care about her husband, did not care about her dignity or reputation, did not care about her beyond the length of his cock. Trevor did not first suggest counseling, then divorce, before he and she could pursue a true loving man/woman partnership of equal respect, love, and dignity. He just wanted pussy, and was very very skilled at one thing, seducing and sexually satisfying women. How long before she realizes she was just one more trophy cunt to mount on his mental wall. Of course he took photos of their first night, which she conveniently did not tell her husband about.

So this ends up being a very sad story about a dog and his owner. How the owner put herself in a situation that prompted her dog to kill himself. Not saving her from a fire, not saving her from danger. The dog ended up killing himself to save his owner from his continued existence. That's not an act of love, that's an act of stupidity. What a poor dumb animal.

Very powerful and well written. A sequel might be interesting, but that is a different story.

TnexTnexover 6 years ago
Closure

Good story. I think the ending would have been better if you would've continued on with her finding the letter and the police knocking on the door. Then go into how her life was total shit after that.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Wimp

He should have off'd himself in the third paragraph and saved us his wimpish drivel. Great portrait of a loser

ju8streadingju8streadingover 6 years ago

what about the aftermath?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
Many readers seem to feel that

committing suicide over a cheating wife is wimpy and a crazy thing to do. Killing the wife and/or her lover could also be considered a sign of insanity in some societies, but apparently, at least in this genre, the men that go insane and harm others are infinitely preferable to those that go insane and kill themselves. Its difficult for a person to control which route the insanity will take them, except in fiction. It's just more satisfying to the reader to have the wife and boyfriend suffer than it is to see the victim remain the victim to the end. It seems to tip the scales too far in one direction.

itsayouitsayouover 6 years ago
Finish it

Would like to see the aftermath when she finds out. Ask a cop and they will tell you this does happen

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous