All Comments on 'Last Call Pt. 02'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
kage440kage440over 6 years ago
Definitely on the mark

You're definitely on the mark with the emotions for both of them. Starting at the end of both chapters. What other twist do you have for the finale.

I hope we don't have to wait a year for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nahhh, doesn't fly

She wanted some strange and got it.

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
Surprised she was willing to give him another shot

And he shouldn't be so worried about her wanting another one night stand, seeing as how she waited three months for him to get his head out of his ass AND filed for divorce before deciding to go out for the first one.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60over 6 years ago
Does she come clean?

She went out and got strange, does she tell her husband? They are/were still married, let's see that "double standard" at work. If, the husband stepped out there would be h*ll to pay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I don't like these people. Stop here, please.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 6 years ago
Unions?

Ahazura, you chose to put your whining about unions in your story. Apparently you don't know that the unions, along with the GI Bill, made the heart and soul of this country, the middle class. Now the Republicans have destroyed the labor movement and access to higher education. Hows that working out for ya, and the country?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A load of shit

1* for the cuck story. If I could dock you 5 for your anti union bullshit I would. So I give you the 1 which is more then this shit deserves.

AhazuraAhazuraover 6 years agoAuthor
RE: unions

LMAO I wondered if i would catch any grief about my union comments. In real life I worked at a factory for 10 years and was voted in as a union steward (it was the Teamsters, I am not gonna give local chapter due to privacy concerns) I am about as pro union as you can get. In my opinion they need to make some adjustments but over all I think a strong economy depends on a strong united labor force. Again, that is all personal opinion which matters naught.

However my characters are not me. I am not a Warlock, nor am I a rich steel magnate, I am just a guy who tries to write to entertain himself and others. Jerry personally likes the union and the stability .... but how many union men have you heard bitch up one side and down the other about the steward or the business manager?

Peace!

TL:DR - I don't always write my opinions into my characters

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nope

Could not get past the lack of PARAGRAPHS. Editing matters.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Okay, as Ahaz says, each story is from each point of view, with the truth somewhere in between, so I accept his story that his porn fixation was born from her knockbacks.

But even he admits that it was a bonehead decision to reject her.

His excuse for not calling before the three months was up is lame. How much does it take to make a phone call.

I guess if they both want to make it work it's okay with me, don't know if I need to read it.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
As I said in part 1...

As I said in part 1, only the writer knew his characters and only he could tell how this would end...We can agree or not with the end but the choice was his. This is a story that could go both ways, but we have to accept that this end had 65% to happen, as they had a long life together and that has a lot of weight...In the whole, a good story...I was going to rate it 3*, but as today was a very sad day in LW with 6 really bad stories, some horrendous and even racists, I have to rate this 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Story hope to see more

While I was a salary worker, I agree with you about the absolute need for unions for this country (and others as well). Only today a story ran about Foxconn's wanting to bring jobs to America (from China) but, their Manufacturing Model is to have workers toil 60 hours a week for $2.50/hour. The government of China supports building the factories and housing dorms next to it and guess who gets taxed to pay for that? Labor protests over there are rare or quickly quashed and we hear the current resident in the White House talk about American Workers Competing (do you wonder what standard he is talking about). The husband in this story was being a self centered ass in his marriage but the wife didn't need to make one attempt and leave immediately. There is room for a reconciliation in this story if they both attempt to see each others point of view.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Well

Definitely appreciate the continuation but was still left lacking.

He felt to much the cuck wimp and it doesn't feel fleshed out or balanced.

Thanks anyway. I thought her actions at the end of the last story warranted a far more complex and volatile response.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 6 years ago
not an ending

Sorry but this just wasnt an ending. All you did was write what we already knew. Just maybe not being shut out. But still he shut the kids out and her out. And what about her lover she says she just wont give up? Lots of unsnswered questions. Sorry I thinknyou just wanted to cuckold the poor husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Yawn. just a rewrite of what you'd written, why bother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Didn't take four dates with the other guy...

Your married until your not! Don't get fucked by someone else until its done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I can see the reconciliation but I'm not sure if I could handle the fact that my wife fucked another man. I would feel she was still doing it . He also did something dumb but it's not bad to me only because she had some guy be with her physically. She got the taste of new meat and the felling of first time sex , will she be able to get past that now ever things are going great ?

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Wasn't supposed to be an ending

This truly is what I think you attempted; telling the story from the husbands point of view. It does flesh out his character to fill in why he was being a bonehead, and I can sort of understand where he is coming from. The one thing I will never understand is why some people avoid talking about an issue. Maybe in the heat of the moment, you walk away to avoid saying something you'll regret later, but you still go back and have the conversation. Anyhow, thanks for sharing!

RNebular

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Interesting.

Different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks for trying. Kind of quaint, and lame.

Pride is a poor substitute for love and respect and trust. He had legitimate issues to discuss with his wife, but when she proposed doing just that he went AWOL, for months.

Its a coin toss if they make it, and who cares. It looks like she has better options.

driv2u2driv2u2over 6 years ago
Granted

As like some husbands , football , drink , baseball , , not got a wife but a cook and cleaner . He got lucky she gave him a chance , lots just line up another guy , then bail out

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingover 6 years ago
Wasted effort

Should have left this one alone if all that was gonna be done was recap the story from the male PoV.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

I was really pissed at the first episode because of no ending. You say you wrote it just as a writing exercise. May I suggest next time you want to exercise you not publish it. Wasting time reading something like that pisses people off. I have better things to do than waste time reading an "excercise."

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the second chapter and thought we would see what happened. I was wrong! Evidently this was another, "exercise." I gave you one star for this and went back and gave you one star for the first chapter. I did it as an exercise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
divorce

marriage is supposed to be meeting half way, just cut her ass loose

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Query

Where did the fact that she had a young buck come from.

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
@ annonymous re: Query

The reference to a young buck is in response to the guy she had sex with in the hotel just before receiving hubby's voicemail in part 1 titled Last Call by the same author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DIVORCE Her

He should just get a friggin divorce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
this story is a Rorschach test

closet cucks brazenly self-identify in the comments

OPrimeOPrimealmost 6 years ago
Wait a minute.

There was not much work on her part to stay together. I would have sent her an email that said if she fucks around we just divorce.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Hope

Hope they make it. Shame to waste what had been a good marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wake up call for OPrime 07/02/18

Now that you've left your embarrassingly stupid comments, go back and read the WHOLE fucking story and see WHO was trying to save their marriage. It sure as hell wasn't HIM. If you'd been smart enough to read part one, you'd never have left those ignorant, fuck headed comments.

You fucking halfwits remind me of my ex. She wasn't even involved in our conversation when my atty. had finally had enough of her uninformed interruptions and said, "Kathy, you shoot your mouth off with the least amount of information available to you of anyone I've ever met in my life." AMAZINGLY..... she shut her fucking mouth and didn't say another word for the rest of our conversation. He was a high price atty. and I owned and ran a successful business and she's telling US what's what and how to. She got fired from every job she ever had for doing the same thing. Give her a grain of sand and she'd build a BEACH.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Divorce her ass...

Hell she sure as hell jumped on that strange dick real fast... Not even officially divorced yet !!!

But he forgives her.... Hey buddy, every time you kiss her lips do you still taste that other guys dick ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hey there...

..,what more was she expected to do? She was most reasonable in her approach but was not even met half way! - in fact she got no joy inspite of her pleading for his attention. Stupid twit deserved what he got - and at least she did get herself some satisfaction from her one night stand! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Well, at least we’ve heard “The Other Side Of The Story” now. Seems like maybe they just need to learn to talk to each other. I almost said “learn to communicate”, but I hate that damn phrase. It’s such a catch-all BS cliche that it really means nothing any more. So now we’ve got two thirds of the story, is there a final make-or-break chapter? I hope so.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Hmmm

Yeah he begged for the trouble and she did wait till they were all but divorced but...does he really want to be married to a one night stand kind of girl?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Probably

Ought to both get STD tests. He should keep getting them about once a quarter if

he’s going to stick with one night stand girl.

Artie88Artie88almost 4 years ago
IDIOT HUSBAND

No absolution here. He is still an idiot.

But that is the character created for these stories.

Why is he so unbending... because he probably sees only what he has done and lost.

Not a sympathetic character at all.

Too bad for the victim in this story, his wife.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago
Again

Glad they're back together. It takes work.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Nobody

Interupts the vikes vs pack game. Jk....couple of hard heads. Good story,5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Women make the demands and men either fall into step or get kicked to the curb.

Notice that she doesn’t apologize or even care about the casual sex.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

management91399management91399over 3 years ago

Two people who talked when the other wasn't listening, terrible timing, Jerry should have DVR's the game and worked it out with the wife the first night because seriously, she asked to do everything she said no to earlier. Well done, honestly she seems a little smart for Jerry but Jerry did bust his ass all those years. Nice work, enjoyable change of pace, a palate cleanser from the evil bitch heroic man stereotype

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 3 years ago

I love this. This brought the good kind of closure while still leaving it kind open ended.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
not for me

Once I learned she had that ONS I would let the divorce go through. If she still wanted to date me maybe we would but being the dick I was to even get in this situation I don't see how I would all of a sudden be so kind and forgiving. I mean my male pride left me out of touch for 3 months in part 1 so how would my pride accept her having that ONS sex? I mean she said they had a quickie and then filled 2 condoms.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

The guy is still a shmuck

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Well, sounds even then.

She gives up fucking strangers and he gives up porn.

This is some gay shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Quite a good story concept but let down by the author. In the first chapter the author says they were just writing the story to test out writing from a female perspective. Which I think they pretty much got right.

This second chapter is pretty much a cop out to finish the story. There is so much more to explore in the story from both Jerry's and Shannon's perspective. Jerry let the marriage fall apart he made no real attempt to keep the marriage alive. The author could have explored the reasons why the marriage failed and why Jerry never made the effort to woe Shannon back before she reached the point of filing for separation.

Sadly there are marriages out there just like this one where neither partner makes an effort in the marriage and the marriage goes stale.

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago
You did a pretty good follow up story

I know you are partial to reconciliations. But in this instance, I was expecting a tragic regrets story, with the shack up being a deal breaker.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You go boy !

premshankerpremshankeralmost 3 years ago

Your story has been turn into biggest "Family Incest"

Hope one else take the 'thead'

Hayley18Hayley18almost 3 years ago

Yeah, a satisfactory ending about what I expected.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

actually, the story was good, but the HERO is a ZERO.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - Sorry this reply does not cut it. RAAC without a good reason is not a solution for a bad marriage.

She already sampled the other guy and seemed to enjoy the sex, why should she even consider his message?

Once again - TOO little TOO late. He loses.

She would be better off without him.

perpusperpusover 2 years ago

*5 for Shannon

and

happy masturbation Jerry

Donovan7777Donovan7777over 2 years ago

So what am I missing? She goes out and fucks some guy , he masterbates. Do those two act seem equal? Fuck the cheating wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not rating this because I didn't read this. I'm going with what the author wrote at top. If the author didn't think of completing this story, why publish it? Insofar as telling Jerry's side, even if I take off half of what he did, he's still as stupid as a building block, but those blocks serve a purpose.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestabout 2 years ago

What a sad pathetic fuck Jerry is. I'm not talking about taking her back after she fucked another guy. Frankly, he should have dropped her there.

But all those months he could have saved his marriage. All it would have taken was a phone call and some willingness to work on it. Now, he'll live the rest of his live knowing his wife banged another guy and he could have prevented it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

No winner in this one and no feeling of support for either side. They both lose.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Shrugs. He was dumb. Women can always get laid. She gave him 6 months to do anything to save the marriage. The people whining that she cheated, no she really didn't. She served him papers and he STILL didn't call. Please spare me.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Didnt really add much. Honestly there was no point in this, I put more effort into a good growler than was put into this story. Part one would have been excellent if he hadnt pulled the worst fucking cliche there is at the end.

Btw not_a_viking_honest this was fucking funny " I'm not talking about taking her back after she fucked another guy. Frankly, he should have dropped her there." You do realize they were just about divorced right? Separated for months and nothing from him. How fragile a male are you in RL? She should have kept going and not looked back. At that point his claim to her was all but dead and gone. And lets be honest,as the betas here go, if the roles were reversed no ones panties would be wadded up over the husband getting some strange. Thats a fact, its literally why I cant help but slam the idiots.

I love the pathetic misogynists, and yes, many of the cons that read and write here are exactly that, and its funny how those same little boys get upset when someone correctly uses that word...much like the racists cry when you call them racists.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffover 1 year ago

If you look in the dictionary under dumb schmuck, you'll find a picture of Jerry. Shannon is far better off without him. This is coming from someone married over 52 years to the same woman.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Thank you! After reading part one I was really sad at the ending and hoping there was a way forward for this couple that should have never put themselves in this situation. I've been married for 53 years come February. Communication is the key to keeping the love in a marriage. Shannon chooses the wrong time to have THE TALK and Jerry chose to not sit Shannon down and have THE TALK when Shannon was proving to herself that she could be more than just a worker bee. The absolute worst thing for the male ego is to be put off because the spouse is too tired or it's the wrong timing or whatever. It makes you question your ability to please the other person. Stubbornness and pride are the two worst things to let govern your reactions. Great story, great ending. This way I can finish the story in my mind the way I want. Happy ever after. They both step back from the abyss in time to put it back together and learn to communicate honestly to each other. Halmark eat your heart out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So what I don't get is why she did not move back? He finally got his head out of his ass, they are in counseling, the divorce is "on hold", she is not going out alone and screwing other guys. What is the point of not being together? How can you work stout when you are apart?

To me, if she enjoyed being single and getting laid (she proved there are guys interested and she enjoyed the sex) then continue with the divorce and if you want to date Jerry have him take a number. Otherwise just get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Jerry is a loser...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To quote Marcellus Wallace, "....dat's pride fu*kin' wit you! Well, fu*k pride!"

.

Pride, arrogance, and stubbornness can kill as easily as a bullet, though the suffering is longer and the fall is farther, with more time to think on the way into the abyss.

FireFox59FireFox5912 months ago

Shannon should have moved on.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The husband was a loss. Shannon can do better. He can play with his porn. What a sad sack loser. She did nothing wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

He had no desire to be married. I don't understand the pleading almost 4 months after she gave him her narrative and asked him to read about her feelings. He simply didn't care. She should move on, he doesn't deserve her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure why she took him back and not sure why he took her back. His fault for sure but he needs to have her test for stds and move back and then he needs to buy time with a whore to in some way get even. Only then can you start over. But she wouldnt agree.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didnt bother with the follow up as soon as at i thought it would be a rec. No story can be finished until all involved are dead but i thought you went far enough in part one. It was a wake up call to people hooked on some of the BTB tropes that are written here.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Soiled goods, no return policy

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lol. To previous commenter: why soiled goods? She probably wasn't a virgin when rjeu first met. She filed papers after the 3 month separation. She gave him many chances to even meet her halfway and he acted like a child. Not to mention his live sex show webcam, before the filing. The only problem is if she wants him back or not. It appears she does. Honestly reading his and her story, he comes as the one who needs to make the effort.

MarkT63MarkT632 months ago

I agree with anon about soiled goods. She cheated,even if they are seperated...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous