All Comments on 'Trick and Treat'

by pheacock

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One, two, Mary Sue

These people are more than a little bit improbable. Perfect work lives, perfect love lives. They're like dolls you put through their paces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

This is a lovely story. So romantic and family based. Please keep uploading. 😍😍

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
fantastic!!!!

5 stars is not even close to this story, I wish there were more stars because this deserves way more than 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good job

Very sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great job

Very nice story even if the characters were a little too good to be true. I really enjoyed reading it even tho it's on a liberating site bit doesn't contain much sex. You should publish it on other sites too

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

This story made me laugh , cry and got me horny in turn, 5 Stars and a very wonderful job

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 6 years ago
WOW

An amazing read: so well constructed. It brought laughter and tears, but the further I read, the more I knew that I was reading a classic. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry

But I can't give more than 1.. The name suggests something related to Halloween, but i am total disappointed by the story, not a romance, nor sex, i am not sure, what to say. The ending seems to be forced, just for adding it to literotica. I never find any issues regarding reading a story of 20..even more pages. But for first time i feel like wasted my time. I even skip paragraphs because it doesn't worth reading, i think you started writing something without knowing where it's leading and how to end it. Literotica should have some editors, to decide whether the content is publishable or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Less Narative

First let me thank you for your posting this story. you obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this piece. That said I didn't rate it because I couldn't finish. After half a page of continuous narrative I got bored. It isn't that what you were saying was dull but rather it felt like an oral report on a subject that hadn't grabbed the presenter. I noticed on later pages you had more dialogue but you had already lost me.

The problem is that what makes a great story is it's emotional impact and that is hard to achieve in the third person. Pauli prom experience did touch me and left me wondering why you bothered to as much time on it as you did. The best stories are those that grab the reader's attention or emotions early on.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Agree

This felt like it was all over the place. Hard to read, to much going on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great happy and sad tale

One of best stories I've read erotic and emotional wanted to get too the end to be sure the 2 where happy but didn't want it to end

Thank you

CochettaHDCochettaHDover 6 years ago

It was a great love story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sadly one of my least fave....

Never really connected with the Characters of the story as they got lost with all the narration. Timeline is all over and it seems Ash was push to the side and got forgotten. Too bad you're one of the writers I bookmark as your past stories are highly rated and understand why it was... got curios why rating are slowly going down on this one... now i know. Too much build up of the career and means of coping from Pauli that seems you got yourself in a tangle web and dont know how to get back.

Too bad... seems Pauli and Ash can be a wonderfull characters... there was just no connection it just on and on.

CS

hanna_ahanna_aover 6 years ago
Why do there ...

have to be so many unexplained abbreviations? For example "prepping for LSAT", "GRE exam", "GPAs of 4.0", "SPCA", "Connie's IRAs" ... You despise the Non-American readers who do not understand these expressions immediately, do you?

I do not quite get why this is supposed to be a Halloween story.

I do not like anonymous comments. But I think, some of them do have a point. So much narrative that does not lead further. Why does the reader have to know such a lot about Pauli's legal cases?

maxx308maxx308over 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing

Though not sure how it was a Halloween story it was a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disagree

I liked the story just exactly as it was written. It was written just as it could have occurred. The overworked junior lawyer was exactly like my overworked junior accountant daughter numerous years ago. The narrative was necessary to paint the picture as it really was. The acronyms are so common among those with a college education that they should not need further explanation-that might detract from the flow.

If I were to criticize anything about this story, it was that it was too perfect. Life is never this even. This friendship leading to mutual self discovery encountered few if any of the normal challenges to be conquered in real life. But, readers deal with all those challenges themselves, so why not enjoy a light, happy read that is uncomplicated?

pheacockpheacockover 6 years agoAuthor
Hot and cold

It appears that this story was either liked or not. Thank you for your comments. I do not despise non-American readers. One of the joys of this site is getting to know other cultures. I can't recall the number of times I have stopped reading a story to look up a word that is used in another culture. When I started posting here all my writing experience was in scientific papers. I used the contest schedule as a guide to force me to broaden my scope. There will be more postings coming including a novel length (75+K) story. I also want to finish up projects that working.

Keep reading and try writing and posting.

pheacock

BigGun44BigGun44about 6 years ago
Great As It Is

I think the story stands well as it is. As with any story, if there's some term in there I don't understand, I just look it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have the same last name

Nicole2023Nicole202310 months ago

I enjoyed it and the high marks suggested others did well

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous