All Comments on 'The Story of A Button: Epilogue'

by outofshadows

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

messy boring wordy shit.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 6 years ago
Great story...

... of a believable human struggle and tragedy. Thank you for finishing your tale.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A good effort at a needed followup.

Less contrivance and more wit would have been appreciated. Just too many lame plot devices, under cutting a sound plot idea. Anyone who commits suicide is a coward, or mentally ill. So its hard to have any sympathy there. And Rita was failed first and mostly by her parents when they failed to bring rape charges. The justification you concocted was so lame I'm embarrassed for you.

Keep at it, and get some help with the logic and plausibility. The foundation was sound, but the finished structure can barely stand. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I really tried

I really tried to read this story. I mean i suppose i am too shallow but this went on, and on and on and well you get the picture. Maybe i should not comment at all, since i didn't read the story in total. I tried, i really did.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Good story despite.......

The addition of unbelievable foreign intrigue, spies and other nonsense.. A plain old fashioned poisoning would have sufficed......

msocaltimemsocaltimeover 6 years ago
Very well written!

Only an anonymous reader has a poor reflection, have some guts and post as a real person! I enjoyed the deep intellect and intriguing spin in this completion of the story. Only brave when anonymous huh... Keep writing and know I will keep reading it, very well done!

ribnitinribnitinabout 6 years ago
Wow

Some parts were a little difficult to follow, but still, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very good and thoughtful story

Excellent job!!! Inciteful, thought provoking, powerfully real in emotion.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very good

Much better than part one. What a.tangled, but fascinating plot. We now.know Rita's motivation and the pain the original prank caused. Really good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This story is an IQ test

The LW readers scoring this mostly failed. This is an easy "5" based on the imaginative plot and the generally technically excellent writing (except for using "weaved" instead of woven" in the penultimate paragraph,which is a glaring error). I'm impressed.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Better than the base story

Both parts were too wordy, too much emphasis on vocabulary. He’s supposed to be the former bad boy pussy hound mechanic; not a scholar. Aside from that, the Epilogue wrapped perspective around the story. Instead of a bunch of crazy horny vengeful women, tearing neighborhood apart through infidelity, and an unspoken ‘debt’; the Epilogue explained the debt, and gave motivation to Rita’s inexplicably bad behavior.

It would have been better to write it as one story; maybe from multiple perspectives; with less emphasis on vocabulary. Ditch the write-an-ending challenges, focus on solid story writing.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 4 years ago
Intricate, complex and completely riveting

This is as dark as anything I've read here and still manages to end in hope and reconciliation. it's beautifully written and compelling throughout. Five stars is too few. It's not a pleasant story but I couldn't put it down.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Too messed up.

Convoluted plot but I can't get past the core relationship issues.

Willa was going to murder her husband, unborn child and all her slutty friends?

She was at least intent on murdering her husband, child and commiting suicide herself.

You don't bounce back from that.

Infidelity? Maybe.

Getting knocked up by her lover? Probably not.

Attempting to murder your husband, succeeding at killing your baby and attempting to kill yourself?

No fucking way.

The back story on Rita made her sympathetic but was way too convoluted and filled with Shakespeare level betrayal and tragedy to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The walking and talking cunt murdered his child. There's no way to get around that. The fact she still has ovaries and a uterus as the story ends is sickening. Those should be removed with a dirty blade before she gets the chance to take more innocent lives. Better yet, take her vagina, labia and clit too. On a positive note, then she wouldn't be called "cunt" anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very dark and convoluted tale. Flawed but interesting and original. Needs a good editor to take it to the next level.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry, folks, have to give this last LW posting from outofshadows a QuickMagazine 5. A very dark, very noir, tale, but with a wonderfully brittle re-commitment at the end. Really, the whole thing is such a tragedy, but must say the author erred a bit by Jackson noting it started with a button. Because it all really started with the high school pranking (Rita first, then Becky et al). Were it not for that, the button would have stayed on his jacket, Willa would never have touched Ashton, their third child would have been born. Outofshadows clearly hoped for a "Just Once" kind of thing with this, but no one took her up on it. Probably for the best. This "epilogue" makes a lot of sense, doubt anyone else would have come up with anything this good. And that 5 is for both parts. And now...Part Three?

inka2222inka222210 months ago

This had the makings of a good story, until I realised that the only truly innocent person in all of this was Ashton, and he's the one that died, while the cheating crapheads survived and are now happy.

Also, too bad that none of the football team had any destruction on them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous