All Comments on 'Home'

by Han_cg

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
murphysd2004murphysd2004over 6 years ago
Two Great Peoples

What a beautiful story. Thoughtful, sexy, and well written. George Bernard Shaw said that Britain and the United States were two great peoples divided by a common language.

Kait is a woman from Texas. No woman in Texas speaks as she did in the story. If you are writing a character in an American voice, she should sound like an American, with American spelling and idioms.

Emily should retain her British idioms and spelling. Thank you again for a wonderful story.

rml65rml65over 6 years ago
Absolutely outstanding!

You did a amazing job with this story! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us all!

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Really enjoyed that. There's room for a little more drama especially in the early stages. It's a little disappointing that they dance and "just" split up, especially since Chatlotte saw them dancing... but hell I know I'm being picky. It's just that you have a great storytelling gift and it would make for an even greater read... While I agree each should have their own idioms, I disagree about UK v US spelling etc. Keep up the good work. LNCO

AlegnaRHAlegnaRHover 6 years ago
Great story

Agree with the other poster about how Kaitlyn wouldn't speak that way being from Texas (I've been here over 30 years so this I know). Also, Puerto Rico is in the USA even if our idiot President doesn't know that! I loved the characters and the story. Can't wait for more of your work!

Han_cgHan_cgover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks

First off, thanks for the feedback.

In hindsight I probably should have put more thought into the voice of Kaitlyn. Being English myself I just wrote how I knew how to and didn’t give idioms much thought. I got an idea and ran with it.

Being a perfectionist I’ve been mulling over this all day and I’ve come close a few times to removing the story all together an rewriting it. But, I do this as a hobby. I have a full time job and write in my spare time.

So, in summary I’d much rather you all focus on the story than the details if that makes sense. I’ll focus on the details next time. As for more drama, I genuinely wrote that chapter differently but didn’t really find it necessary for the plot so I got rid!

Thanks!

Hannah.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
good story

but for me it was too long, sorry I stopped reading at page 5 and skipped to the end, I really liked the way they came back together after all those years apart, it felt like the time did not matter to them, but the one think that puzzles me how come in almost every story, when they order out they order Chinese food, but other than that I though it was a good story

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Good Read

Thank you for this wonderful story. I love the Kait and Emily characters, each with their distinctive personalities. Just a very entertaining story with a happy ending. Probably lots of happy endings for these two!

MyWordIsMyBondageMyWordIsMyBondageover 6 years ago
A tiny nitpick

Puerto Rico is in the United States, Puerto Ricans are American citizens. Otherwise a stunningly good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I loved it!

This story was a really a great one and the play of emotions was great. And I do appreciate the slow build because just meeting someone and jumping in bed isn’t all that should be in a story...this was one of the great stories I’ve read and the chemistry between the characters was the best part! Thanks for such a wonderful story and please keep this up...would be looking foreword to next of your stories :)

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
TTFN

You didn't mention afternoon tea. Great story; thanks, and a lovely way to show true love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

As someone said, Puerto Ricans are Americans. Not ok.

tygztygzover 6 years ago

Marvelous story!

A couple minor issues because you're not American (do you have an editor? I'm sure*someone* would be happy to fill the role, hint hint), but easy to overlook in the face of such a wonderful book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing!

You are fast becoming one of my favourite authors!! Absolutely brilliant. I didn’t want it to end. Please, please keep writing stories like this. Many thanks and much love.

stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
Couldnt put it down

Another great story. I love your writting style.

Please write some more soon .

I really felt for kait and emily

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

I really enjoyed this excellent story. You have a lot of talent and hopefully you will share some new stories with us. Thank you. 5 well deserved stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved this story

Thought the characters of Kait and Emily were so well drawn, being British it will always be football and not soccer😉 Really enjoyed reading about their relationship. Cute and very sexy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

Absolutely brilliant! Well done!

Loved the story, how you brought these two ladies to life, and the morals and such they both had. It's a beautiful story. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So touching

I work in a hospital and I've been on some gruelling shifts this week, and my girlfriend has been a pain in the arse, so reading this on my day off was beautiful. It was so well executed and the characters were perfect. (Also insanely thankful certain intimate parts were very tasteful and not crass at all.) Im going to start reading your other story once ive stopped gushing. Even more so id love to read any future books you might write. How will I know?! You may have to make an announcement. That would've been easily one of my favourite books if it was a full published novel. It's my favourite story on here. Actually made me want to tell my girlfriend I love her.

How does a story make you want to know the author?!

All the best.

G.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

Your stories are bloody amazing 😊 your way of writing captures the reader

Can’t wait for the next story

Crystallised_TearsCrystallised_Tearsover 6 years ago

This story is absolutely beautiful!! I was not expecting it when I decided to read some quick fluff piece before bed, and instead found myself still awake with the sun rise. I simply could not stop reading. The slow burn of their relationship was torturous in such a delicious way that when they finally got together it wasn't just a huge relief, it was a burst of joy! As soon as they got together I found myself smiling constantly for almost the rest of the story- minus when Charlotte and Elizabeth appeared. I expected it to be over once they got together as well, how these things usually go, but I thoroughly enjoyed getting to experience their happiness together, it's rare to get a glimpse after the 'and they lived happily ever after', I was very pleased!

Your writing is a joy to read! Detailed, grammatically correct, easy to read...I feel privileged to have witnessed such a gorgeous story.

Thanks!

bhill8671bhill8671over 6 years ago
Just beautiful

I have read a lot of stories here but this is the absolute best one by far. Well done, well done indeed. 100% beautiful!

Bridget69Bridget69over 6 years ago
Home is where the heart is

Great development from the shaky introduction, separation and reunion, to the courtship and romantic relationship that I can only dream of having with a woman, minus the jealous ex and snobby mother, of course.

Maddie624Maddie624over 6 years ago
OMG

I LOVE this story....I do believe that it is now my favorite. :)

LiveCatLiveCatover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Loved this story from start to finish. Sweet tale with believable and lovable characters and some steamy sex rolled in! Eagerly awaiting your next submission.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Oh My God!!!

What an outstanding story! Wow, I can't say enough good things about it. I thoroughly enjoyed reading every word of this story, and will even forgive you for your slight misses (IE: no Puerto Rican girl from Texas, living in New York, says "whilst", and to Americans, elevators are always elevators, never "lifts")

Very great job! I'm looking forward to reading your next story!

evelynsuwilanjievelynsuwilanjiover 6 years ago

Lovely, just lovely. You have no idea how excited I get when am notified that one of my favorite authors has posted something new. I can't wait to read more and more from u👏👏👏

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Puerto Ricans are Americans

If you had ever seen any American TV since Hurricane Maria, you would have known this and edited the relevant portions of Kaitlyn's backstory. Otherwise, a wonderful love story.

flbifemflbifemover 6 years ago
Great Story

I found that I couldn't stop reading. With all the ups and downs I wanted to know what was coming next. Just feel so happy that they stuck through all the bad times to makes their lives complete.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 6 years ago

My excitement has turned to disappointment especially after reading page 6 cause it is worded almost verbatim in some parts as Han_cg's other story The Reunion. Some of the same endearing gestures like rubbing noses, putting their foreheads together mimick the characters in Han's first story. The characters have changed names but the "formula" is still the same. To preserve my first impression of the author and his or her first story, I stopped at page 6. Despite my disappointment, I wish the author continued success and I look forward to future writings

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Some people nitpick about everything, don't they? Who cares, it was a wonderful story. Beautiful.

SarahS97SarahS97over 6 years ago
Wonderful Slow Build!

Absolutely loved how you took plenty of time to gradually develop their relationship and focused on emotions and passions instead of just sex. <3

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Had to read this one again. I love it so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Puerto Rico

My only problem with this story is that citizens of Puerto Rico are US citizens. It is a territory if the United States and not another country. Kait's parents would already be citizens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Succint, Pleasant Authentic Delightful Tale

It truly was such an hgonest, refreshing account, left biograpgical.

You should work this tale into a novel.

You have beautifyl flow.

Yoyr plot was erotically clean, 🤗a rare purity eventhough rhe genre tends to bend on vulgaroty (though there was a bit of excessive religious cussing / blasphemy earlier on).

Great work, Ill read it again.

Thank you

Writer-To-Be-Soon

TE999TE999about 6 years ago
Enjoyable!

This was an extremely well written and quite enjoyable story. The character development and the way their relationship evolved held my interest until the last word. The descriptions of their lovemaking were both sensual and yet refreshingly restrained in terms of detail. Sometimes, less is more. You have considerable talent for writing and I wish you good fortune in your future efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Great story with excellent characters with a delicious slow build. Thank you.

rndmsrnmrndmsrnmabout 6 years ago
11 out of 10

I wish I could mark this higher than 11 stars out of 10. It is, by far, my favorite story I've read on this site. Thank you! I loved it and I hope to read more from you in the future.

roveroneroveroneabout 6 years ago
VERY very nice...

impressed how well you got the tone and attitude of a Yank if you're in fact English, unless a transplanted Yank living in England-aside from the numerous "whilst"

-I lived with and worked with an international crew with lots of limeys, kiwis, aussies for years so quite aware of the subtle differences in language.

I did love Em and Kait.

The one slip-up, about Puerto Ricans, what with so many now living in the States after the hurricane, and commented on by another about them all Americans already, caught my attention too-minor...gave this a 5 and 'fave'.

gpond49gpond49about 6 years ago
Wonderful!!!

What a beautiful story! Definitely a favorite, which says a lot because, after reading exclusively on this site for over 3 months, this is only the second time I've posted a comment--after the second time I've read it. You are an accomplished author. All the characters--even the minor ones--are so real. Thank you!! Don't ever stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
❤️

You’re writing moves me. I felt my heart hurting when Kait & Em couldn’t be together. I felt how much they loved each other once they found their way back to each other. Beautiful! Thank you for this.

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoabout 6 years ago
AHahAHahAHH . . . Wahwahwahhh

The Good: A really wonderful story that had me back-and-forth between smiles and brimming eyes.

The Bad: Possessive apostrophes.

The Ugly: No sequel (but . . . none needed).

Truly lovely. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

such a wonderful story. I've read it 3-4 times now and certain parts more than that. Although you said there would be no sequel, I don't think anybody would gripe if one was written. Great work and look forward to reading more.

silverace1silverace1about 6 years ago
AMAZING (I say echoing others)

It is hard to express fully how wonderful this story is. Twice now I have read it and then realize I have done this before. It speaks well that it seems to get better each time. I have this feeling I will read it again AND still be impressed! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love!!

Wow!! This was fantastic! I love their moments together as a couple, you really captured those little moments together very well. I also did a mental fist pump when she brought food to Emily at the hospital!!

BlistexbicBlistexbicabout 6 years ago
Simply amazing

I have read a lot of stories on this site. Some are ok, some are good, and some are great. But this is still by far my absolute favorite out of the hundreds that I have read. Simply amazing.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 6 years ago
A warm story

This is a first-rate story, Han, and is filled with the warmth and humanity that I'm afraid was sadly lacking in "Junkmail". Emily and Kait made lovely protagonists and their decency was nicely balanced against Emily's unpleasant mother and her ex (I'm sure that most of us have encountered an Elizabeth or Charlotte at some point in our lives). Fully deserving five stars.

luvinasianluvinasianalmost 6 years ago
Copy?

Is this a reposted story or copy? I believe I read this story before like a couple of years ago. It’s exactly identical.

CliterateDykeCliterateDykealmost 6 years ago
By

All the nitpickers about Puerto Rico being an American territory fail to mention that they do not have the full rights afforded to all other US citizens. Just goes to show that too many people in the US know very little about the country they inhabit.

Hannah, your story was absolutely brilliant. You weave such detail & richness into the beautiful narrative. This is first rate fiction & I gratefully thank you for gifting us with such a loving, engrossing & beguiling story.

You melted my heart. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
blah blah blah

They're naturalized citizens that aren't covered by the bill of rights, yada yada yada, they can always vote for Statehood.

Thumper3340Thumper3340almost 6 years ago
5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I love this story!! I’ve read it before and came back to reading 📖 it again. It is so nice to read such a great love story. Keep up the great writing ✍️

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 6 years ago
Absolutely Fantastic Story!

This is one of my all time favorite love stories (and the sex is quite fantastic too!). Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
😻

I have read countless stories, but this, is by far my favorite! 😍😍

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

This is the first time I've read any of your work, and I HAVE to say I loved it. I don't often leave comments but this is an exceptional piece. Thank you for sharing. I'm now going to read more.

Ella35Ella35over 5 years ago
Beautiful

I absolutely love this story! So beautiful and well written. I look forward to reading more of your work.

DeschileDeschileover 5 years ago
Loved it!

I could feel all the emotions they felt. Really great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absolutely beautiful

I actually had to read this in 2 parts because the first half had me on tears thinking about somebody who I love but can't have which made it very real for me. I hope one day I find the happiness with her that Kait found with Emily. Thank you for such a fabulous love story x

bravebombadierbravebombadierover 5 years ago
SoooooooooooooooGooooooooooooooood!

Was totally captivated.

This is the first of your stories I've read, looking forward to reading more.

slfoxxslfoxxover 5 years ago
Wonderful story

The characters are very real and the emotions as well. The missed years are a painful reminder of life’s difficult times but the storyline is good and the ending superb.

Looking forward to more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I love this story!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absorbing tale, but hardly perfect

I'll probably just be labeled a nit-picker, but there are just too many issues for me to give this story more than four stars, and I say this after having read the entire piece through twice. First, there are far too many mechanical issues; in particular, punctuation errors/omissions occur by the dozens on nearly every page. Second - and this has already been addressed in other comments - Kaitlyn comes across as more of a Brit than an American of Puerto Rican heritage. I went to school in the NY area and knew a number of boriquas, and Kaitlyn sounds and feels like none of them. Third, if you're not a native of the States and intend to write a story set there, try to at least do some basic research. I'm not talking about spending hours, but very basic fact-checking that would take you a few seconds on Wikipedia, such as Harvard being in Massachusetts and not in Connecticut (to cite one of numerous examples). These are all issues that could have been solved by a competent beta-reader. Please take these observations in the way they were meant: as constructive criticism rather than as "nit-picking" or "hate." If you're serious about your writing, readers who gloss over obvious issues and tell you your story is "perfect" won't help you become a better writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the best I’ve read on this site EVER!!

I love your story

Great writing

Thank You So Much

Please keep writing more xx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very sweet story

Both Emily's mother and Charlotte need some kind of karmic consequence ... I felt that you were building toward that and was surprised when nothing happened.

And when the Mum-from-hell made that crack about Kait not being a true American, she should have just chuckled and said, "Well, I'm happy to be more American than the white folks are, at least."

You make me want to be a lesbian in my next life. Beautiful story, thanks for putting your heart into it!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 4 years ago

A very wonderful story. I've re-read this story several times and I love it even more each time I read it. It's amazing how you can make a decision that seems to be the right one at the time and figure out later that it was the wrong one. Thank goodness that we are long-lived enough that we have time to correct a bad decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

Like many others I thoroughly enjoyed this romantic tale. I’m so glad you’ve started writing again and look forward to reading a new story in the future.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Brilliant

This story I have read a few times so well written and so beautifully the words flow together and these two lovers find each other and both have a deep everlasting love and now marriage Emily s mother will not be amused but love is where you find it I hope there will be more to come from these two ladies please Han_cg as we like too know where the marriage is and do they have children they sound from the story as two beautiful and loving people who told the world to away. xxxxx

wiredNtired786wiredNtired786over 3 years ago
Brilliant!

Five stars alone just does not do this wonderful piece justice! I laughed, I cried, and the love scenes were hot, I felt so invested in these love birds story as though it was happening right in front of me. It was passionate and funny and maybe one of the best things I’ve read all year. Thank you and keep up your hard work, I really enjoyed it.

jmsloderbjmsloderbover 3 years ago

Maybe my expectations were too high coming in (with the 4.88 rating at this time), but it didn't click with me. I'm gonna keep this short since I just wanna move on to the next story, but to give one specific criticism: I know the description of Kait's "mouth going dry" was used more than 5 times. That repetitiveness was just one of the things they made it hard for me to enjoy the story.

BellatrixLoverBellatrixLoverover 3 years ago

This is absolutely my favorite story on Lit. I have read it like 10 times and it still makes me feel all of the feels. Thank you for being a great writer and I hope that you will eventually start writing again soon! I wouldn't oppose to a follow up with Kait and Emily, but beggers can't be choosers. :)

laurabodenlaurabodenover 3 years ago

Could not stop reading you're fantastic romantic love story. Thank you so much.

Looking forward to the next chapter in Emily & Kait’s lives.

LicentiousGhoulLicentiousGhoulover 3 years ago

I loved the first arc of this story, with Emily and Kait spending their time getting to know each other at work. Ultimately I appreciated the drama of Emily having a girlfriend but that changed when the second arc hit. I just couldn't get over the fact that Emily didn't actually leave Claire. It's such a "small" detail but it ruined the dynamic between Emily and Kait for me. Instead of Emily leaving Claire and choosing to be with Kait, Emily was instead left by Claire leaving Kait to feel like some sort of consolation prize. I just kept waiting for the other shoe to drop throughout the rest of the story and that apprehensive feeling just left the story feeling flat. I don't know if that's a story problem or a me problem but there it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely loved it. Now reading version 2. Thank you for posting a beautiful love story. Have now registered at Wattpad thanks to your comments and incase you don't post here. Take care and stay safe.

tarkabukktarkabukkabout 3 years ago

What a great story. I loved every sentence...went through quite a few tissues though... ;-)

Thank you so much for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I've read this story 58 times already.... Not for the sex but for the love. I love a good love story, and this is one of the best. Thanks.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

I love a good romantic story and this one came through in spades. I kind of speed read the sex scenes just to see what they had to say to each next. Dialogue was that good. Going to read this again and see what else you have contributed.

SomeguyinsjSomeguyinsjalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this, but for future reference, all Puerto Ricans are already US citizens. It's been a territory for over 100 years now, and should be a state if not for all manner of fuckery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story. I know it is really stupid to raise this issue, in light of what site the story is published on, but forging a signature on a medical chart is not only a serious medical malpractice issue, but if it was a Medicare patient, it's downright illegal under two separate federal laws.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Actually, Harvard Medical School is located in Boston, Massachusetts and is the oldest medical school in this country. Your writing is superb and touches my heart. I have enjoyed this story, even with all the issues that so many others have complained about. Let them try to open themselves so emotionally to the people who look here for entertainment. All of us have room for improvement in what we do, don't take the criticisms to heart. Just continue to write. There are many who will be pleased to be your audience. Take care, Brenda Groof

NotSoHolyRollerNotSoHolyRollerabout 1 year ago

Great story and really liked it. Buuut, several research issues. Harvard is in Mass; forging signatures and/or allowing non-medical person view patient files is a huge error (HIPPA); and all Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

ThebiffThebiffabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story - thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fantastic.As an English Male I can see how a typical Brit can act sometimes.Very annoying to many Americans I imagine.Great story.Great characters but oh my God.Elizabeth.Get a life woman.Reminds me of my mum.Nothing ever good enough for her kids.Keep up the good work Han.Thank you.

pope32767pope3276710 months ago

A wonderful story, really.

Two grammatical points: Americans don't say "I was sat", they only say "I was sitting" (these are synonymous in British English). In American English "she was sat" means that she is a baby in a car seat or high chair. And "a different sport to" isn't American either: it has to be either "from" or "than". Yes, I'm nitpicking.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHan_cg@Han_cg
431 Followers
So far the feedback for Home 2.0 has been... interesting. So I’m making it public that I knew it would either be loved or hated. Kind of like marmite. Honestly, I really despise the original publication. The fact so many people love it is flattering, but that’s just my opini...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Home 2.0 Next Part
Home Series Info