All Comments on 'What's Love Got to Do with It?'

by ChuckEPoo

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
trigudistrigudisover 6 years ago
Subsequent chapters?

Your last line - "the end...or beginning" - seems to presage subsequent chapters.

Gail's mysterious reason for putting Kevin out is what kept me reading. Now we know why. Normally, couples would have discussed a major issue like marriage and kids before reaching an impasse, assuming they were out of sync. But Kevin, the narrator, said that major conflict had been absent from their union up to the point she kicked him out. Gail made him grovel and beg instead of being up front and communicating her desires in a civil way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

She's obviously in love with him, and wants a real relationship. Why not just tell him instead of playing games?

"Wait, Kevin. I didn't mean that... don't leave." - She TRIES to make him jealous, then gets upset when he is?

@trigudis, her reason for putting him out WASN'T mysterious, he just didn't get it, and she decided to play games instead of just telling him what she wanted.

I don't think further chapters are coming, it just meant the beginning of their life together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks a lot. I'm still smiling.

Great ending. Great story. 5 stars.

Hotwife805Hotwife805over 6 years ago
I get it

I liked it. I’ve been there. It was not not mysterious why she did what she did. She told him she wanted more and knew he was just happy to keep going on as it was. She had obviously previously told him she wanted more. Without suffering loss he wasn’t going to change. Why would he? Sex every day, a place to live in harmony without responsibility. Why would he desire anything different?

So she got what she wanted. A guy willing to give her more than a dick. He woke up. Beth saw it right away.

I personally loved this. Cleverly written with great dialogue. Solid five.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Nice Job!

You had me fooled on this one! I thought that the "other man" was going to be her dad, in town on business.... ;-)

I agree with others that Gail should have made her feelings clear instead of going all game-playing (tossing him out, telling him he didn't own her and she could fuck whoever she wanted, etc.). Even clueless Kevin would have gotten the message if she had been more direct (I think).

Thanks for another fun tale!

RTR10RTR10over 6 years ago
Great story

One of my husband’s favorite rebuttals is “I’m not a mind reader, you know!!” As a woman, I can admit that we do tend to keep it all inside, get WAY too far into our heads, & let things simmer for REALLY long periods of time, before finally using some passive aggressive behavior to let the man know what we are thinking or feeling.....but get pissed that he hasn’t already figured it out. Love the story!!!!

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years agoAuthor
Note from author

The major criticism seems to be Gail should have talked to Kevin instead of forcing his hand. Hotwife805 nailed it. They had a three year relationship and Kevin was content with status-quo. It appears she had made it clear she wanted more. He was clueless and needed crisis to sort through what was important in his life. Why would he want to change unless he was facing loss of his lifestyle? He essentially had it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I understand

I understand the story perfectly. Kevin had a fear of committing and love itself. Gail knew the only way he could realize those things was to make him see what he had by not having it. He needed to understand the contentment he felt was love. She obviously knew him well after all those years.

Great story. The dialogue was perfect and ending was great. 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why marry a woman who shows her true colors.

Lying and manipulative. Do you want a wife of a competitor?

Call the teacher and have her break in your condo with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah mon, a nice one. I‘m‘a sucker fo these one.

Five Spliffs fo ya, mon

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lol the trolls who are spamming hate about Gail. Behold! Morons!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
the life of two retards

is not funny

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

MC is the one who is emotionally retarded. Gail wanted something more serious in a relationship but apparently the MC stoneealled that staying at their intense FWB relationship. Ending was too quick and snappy. Clearly Gail wanted to communicate more at certain points but came up lacking. But MC is emotionally stunted until his "epiphany". Disappointed in Beth. She was better than this in her spinoff. Randy was an asshole but she reconciled playing hardball.with a postnup. The 24 hall 'free nights' was meant to teach Randy a lesson but now she is right at the edge of becoming a hotwife with a cuckold loving husband. Wtf? Beth seemed so much better than this in that other story buy because her hsuband gets off on being chucked she is about to fall. Their marriage while already in trouble will eventually dwindle away and die. If only because Beth loses all respect for Randy once she starts cheating for real. Here she slept next to Kevin in thr nude and had her hand on his morning wood. She will fall and end up at Randy's level, hurting her own self.image and eventually, despite Randy getting off to it, she will lose respect for him or fall for another man. Too bad. Play too close to the flame you get burned. Disappointed in Beth and Randy is a fruitcake with a idiotic kink.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChuckEPoo@ChuckEPoo
304 Followers
I am married, 50, living in the home I built at the beach in Southern California. I am early retired after selling my business. Being a fitness nut, you can usually find me either surfing, playing tennis or at the gym. This past year, I have started writing erotica. Not as po...

SIMILAR Stories