All Comments on 'The Fall Ch. 07'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
tygztygzover 6 years ago

This would make a good film, I'm sure of it. Whether or not it made money is a different matter...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pure Gold !

Thank you

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 6 years ago
Love Conquers All?

Clever switch, I buy most of it. Dylan not wanting Lydia to know, yep he's that sort of guy. Lydia giving up the grog... a bit of a stretch but certainly plausible after her time with Cyril and Dylan. Lydia not hearing about the accident that leaves her "boyfriend" with a broken back in a small country community? That's taking things to another level. If everybody knows that Kyle likes his arse smacked then Dylan's accident with all that it would have entailed, like a medivac by helicopter, would have everybody talking.

But this is fiction and damn good fiction at that. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A really good effort, but we are having technical difficulties.

Dylan broke with Lydia the same day he fell off the roof, because he knew he was now paralyzed from the waste down? Not possible. It takes weeks if not months of tests and evaluations to determine the extent and prognosis of paralysis from a fall. All broken backs do not cause permanent paralysis, and some don't cause any. So that whole plot device is very unfortunate, but really only a technical glitch. Leave it as, Dylan got injured to an extent that made him doubt his future with Lydia, so he and his friends decided he should suddenly break up with her, with no explanation. Yeah, that still sounds really stupid and juvenile. I'll let you figure that one out.

But the overall plot and romance are very good. Lydia going dry almost as quickly as Dylan breaking his back does sound kind of improbable, and rushed. All it took to straighten her out was getting evicted and cleaning out the baby's room? Sorry, but again, kind of contrived and rushed.

But I'm still really enjoying this romance. Now if only Michelle would maybe go swimming in the stream and drown, before the divorce, and dies without a will, well, that would be peachy. Guess its too late to make requests.

Not as good as previous chapters, but still a great story. Thanks.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Dark but happy ending?

And what they collectively did to her? Man, if someone did that to me, I'd have blood on my hands. Unspeakably cruel. Especially right on top of Cyril's death.

Still, some interesting character transformations. I'll leave it to the final chapter for final analysis and opinion.

Quite a complex articulation of moving plot parts in this chapter.Well constructed. *****

chytownchytownabout 1 year ago

*****Just some good storytelling here. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
388 Followers
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Fall Ch. 06 Previous Part
The Fall Series Info

SIMILAR Stories