All Comments on 'Natalie's Christmas'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 6 years ago
Lovely Story...

...from one of my favorite authors. Once again you have given us a touching story about love and commitment between great characters with an interesting story line. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perfect!

My heart skipped when I saw you’d posted a sequel to Natalie’s Valentine’!! I love these girls! You didn’t disappoint me either. You’ve put me in such a good mood for the rest of the day! I hope I can look forward to part 3 and 4 maybe? Natalie’s Wedding and Natalie’s Baby perhaps?? I’d love more stories from you too since you’re one of my favourite authors. Many thanks, and good luck in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Maybe a Romance?

Nice story but perhaps Romance is a better category?

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago
Aww

Such a nice and lovely story of love. Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

Onewhoknows12Onewhoknows12over 6 years ago
Pefect

I was shocked and excited to see a sequel to one of my favorite stories on the site. Everything I could have hoped for. I hope we see more of them in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GREAT STORY

Congratulations on your presentation skills and character development. It is a pleasure to read stories with subject, verb and tense stated correctly.

Looking forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cute

Cute and romantic

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
Delightful

Before reading this story, I re-read "...Valentine" to refresh my memory. One of my comments on that story was that it didn't really need a sequel. Well, I was both right and wrong: I think I was right in that "...Valentine" was great as a stand-alone tale not needing a sequel; but now that I've read this delightful story I have to admit that I was wrong in that "...Christmas" is the perfect sequel. May the Renaud family women find true happiness and may the unpleasant Ken's back plague him until such time as he renounces blind bigotry.

RastanuraRastanuraover 6 years ago
Very moving

It has no sloppy kisses, fingers in cunts, clit licking or any of the other "lesbian" story requirements, but I loved it. Made me cry. Thank you.

Alexia50Alexia50over 6 years ago
Another sequel

Very good story.

FeyGranddad95FeyGranddad95over 6 years ago
Wonderful, Just Wonderful

This is a very sweet story and I do hope you will continue this. I think I would like to have know Grandma Jane. She sounds as though she would have been a lot like my wife's Grannie - a tough old bird with a heart of gold and a great mind until the day she passed at 92.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Great story!

I really love "Natalie's Valentine", and I'm so happy you decided to provide a wonderful sequel to it. I really enjoyed this story, and am happy Natalie and Sonja are getting married! Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

Enjoyed the story with the exception of the author's tendency to paint people in certain areas with a broad brush that don't mesh with his 'superior' liberal views. It detracts from what could have been a absolutely wonderful story. I read fictional stories to escape from the daily political garbage, not to be reminded of it. Yes, Natalie's father is a jerk, but that is who he is. It's not because he's from Iowa. There are people who live in New York and California who can be just as jerky.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 6 years ago
Lovely as ever

I look forward to the wedding at some future time, and not just for the happy couple. It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) happens with the twins. I've no opinion on them yet, since we haven't spent any time with them, but they have potential.

Thank you as always for sharing your hard work with us, BR!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You

So glad you continued the story. I look forward to reading more about Natalie and Sonja.

tlcbitlcbiover 6 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your stories about Natalie and Sonja. I'd like to read more about them, their wedding, honeymoon and anything else about them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Someone has to actually leave a critique!

Overall the story was pretty good, but with some more development there could have been a full length novel. This story has all the needed elements, they just need to be fleshed out more, and delve a bit deeper into the conflicts. From the back story, to the time spent in the hospital and at home, everything was rushed to the point of feeling compressed with lots of interesting stuff left out. It would be well worth the time to expand the story from meet cute to proposal because I think there might be full length novel in this idea.

There are some errors that editing should have found. Cedar Rapids and Cedar Springs, for example. Some awkward sentences. Overall, though, the author has a really good voice and has a good grasp of pacing. The dialog is on the surface, lacking the subtext that I would have expected especially from female characters, but still well done.

A side note: Cedar Rapids, Ia is a real medium sized city with a population of more than 150K, near 250k if you include the surrounding cities in the Metro area. And, it's the second most populous city in the state. :-D Might want to edit the Rapids to Springs. (I think you may have already been heading there anyway.)

Having not read the previous installment, after reading this story I'm motivated to look at more works by this author. Definitely worth the price of my time to read.

StridernorthStridernorthabout 6 years ago
Very Romantic...

The lovers are wonderful characters; please write more and include SEX! You write Lesbian sex well... can you give them children too?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
next chapter please!

Can't wait to read " Natalie's Wedding".

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderful

Amazing story, love how it encompasses the journey of their love and isn't a 'wam bam thank you mam' story. Feel like it needs a third story to wrap up the wedding and truly send the lovers on their way to happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it!

What a wonderful story! Have been following these characters since the beginning, and really love them, along with all the emotional ups and downs their story entails. Not going to complain about free work that authors are good enough to share, but i do wish it was longer, as i'm so invested in these characters i want to know as much about them as possible! Thanks for sharing Natalie and Sonja with us, and please let their story continue! 😍😍

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 5 years ago
Loved it even more the second time around!

While waiting for new stories to get posted, I like to go back and re-read some of my favorite stories. This two parter is certainly one of my favorite stories, and it gets better each time I read it. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How do you "unreport"? My finger slipped as i was wiping a tear away... lovely story.

How do you "unreport"? My finger slipped as i was wiping a tear away... lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing as always

I love both or the stories involving these 2. I wish there was another story telling of their wedding. 💚

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of my favorites!

I simply love this story, have read it multiple times and never finish dry eyed. These characters are fantastic! You've done a wonderful job on this, and the Valentine's story and though i'd prefer more refined descriptors (breasts in place of tits), for me these stories and characters are some of the best on Lit. Thanks for sharing them with us!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

Sweet, moving, and wonderful. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I loved the story And the Valentine one too. I gave both 5. I agree with an earlier comment that they belong in Romance, but you must pick one category.

I'm surprised you describe a real Christmas tree is a sign of being "cheap". Where I come from, we see plastic trees as cheap and low class.

And we all use old tree decorations. They bring back past Christmases, people who are gone, and childhood dreams. The 60-year-old star on our tree belonged to grandparents, now gone. Below it will be an ugly angel made by a child of five, who is now 30. And many other stories sit on that tree.

You're a good writer and I like your stories. Just be cautious of strong value judgments in your words, unless they are key to your story. You may hurt readers without need.

Michael of Lucan

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Very nice story. So enjoyable of a read. Is their more??? Thanks

Read2Luv2019Read2Luv2019over 2 years ago

Time to revisit these two with a wedding

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Written Romance over all in big letters ..... Lovely ....... Auch a sweet story and yeah homophobics wll never die out

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🍀

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another great story! Again more please!

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

A pair of lovely stories!

Thank you!

Read2Luv2019Read2Luv2019about 1 year ago

It’s time for un update on Natalie and Sonja I ove coming back to these two stories

Nicole2023Nicole2023about 1 year ago

Love sonja... can we get the wedding, telling her family, dad getting pissed about the rings

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Great read! Very loving and special. Thank you!

FandeborisFandeboris7 months ago

What an excellent continuation! Felt sorry for Linda, but as we say around here, snooze you lose. Ken has issues, maybe he can get over them. He will find he is a minority of one.

You could write a third part, with our two favorite girls, and find a love interest for Linda with Natalie’s help.

Since it is September now, it is close, so Merry Christmas.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nice way to round out the first Valentine's story by bringing in Natalie's family, especially the Matriarch Jane (what an intensely and compassionate maternal presence in her character conveyed with minimal words). A third story around their proposed nuptials the following summer to include potential adventures of her younger twin sisters. I could even see a "growth" experience for mother Janet as she attempts to shed the presence of her homophobe husband. So many possibilities, so little time. haha :-) Thank you for this lovely story.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6436 months ago

Still one of the nicest story lines on the site!

A lovely, loving couple, a mostly good family and a truly nice feel to the story!

Please write and release a part three, the wedding, the honeymoon, their extended family.

So so good!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

For Grandma Jane to be 100, it makes more sense that she’d be a great-grandmother, at least!

But it really doesn’t matter; it’s a lovely story.

turbo_geoduckturbo_geoduck3 months ago

Loved the story! It was amusing that Natalie started out with auburn hair, and then became brunette. Just a very minor nitpick to an otherwise awesome romance story. That's why I gave it an enthusiastic 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Natalie found love from family and a lifetime partner

A Christmas theme, by Dickens!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
9838 Followers
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...