All Comments on 'Learning the Smuggler's Blues'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartover 6 years ago
Heh heh heh.....

Loved it!

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 6 years ago
As usual

terrific. Love the continuing fleshing out and histories of the people of the Shack. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So tired of this

Military mumbo-jumbo, spy crap, psycho characters, the deliberately jerky writing, the dialogue that's supposed to be clever and attract attention. It worked for a couple of stories when it was new. It's just tiresome, now. Seems like a lot of people are tired of it, judging from the few people who even bother to read them anymore. Do something different. This dog is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree with anon "so tired."

Just tedious and repetitive campiness. Seen it, been there, moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Never made it past the author notes

If Luedon was involved, I'm not reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hey Todd

Great story dont listen to the nonnies they just wanted to read another story in loving wives about sucking up their wifes lovers cum out of her useless gaping aids infested twat. I love these stories would like some more about monster and his daughter. thanks again. 5* like usual

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wish I Had half your talent.

Another brilliant addition

Kudos toy you from this

True Blue Aussie

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable!

Fun stuff. Not the traditional crap. Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Maybe it is in the wrong category

But it’s still the best story here in a month.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not the best story in a month

Half a dozen others are better, in my opinion. And they're in the right category. This is a middling story, to me. The writing style is stilted, the dialogue is rough and all the characters are murderous mental cases. Everyone in this series is stark bonkers. I can only take so many stories about homicidal maniacs. I gave this three stars and that's bloody generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stop The Violence

Violence against women is never erotic so why post here?Never understand why many men get off to kill and mame women??Sick??

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Once again, the most overrated writer in the category writes a non-erotica story. Yawn. How about trying something different the next time? Spread your wings a little. Take a chance.... 2* for the repetition.

gropingrampsgropingrampsover 6 years ago
First timer

This is the first of your work that I have read. Great story, now I must read your other pieces.

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
Overrated?????

If anything this author is underrated. He writes exciting stories about people who really and truly Love their significant others. Yes, some of his characters are over-the-top, but they are a fun and exciting throw-back to another era. I really enjoy reading about the whole Shack gang. This author and the Shack gang remind me of the serials that ran many years ago. So what that there is no sex, and the characters are morally responsible (in a rough line of work) - they watch their friends back and will go out of their way for a friend. They show how friends Should act and how Love should be.

Thank you for a real exciting adventure story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Stop The Violence"

Where was there violence against women?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Excellent, Todd!

My prejudice is obvious, and I flat out don't give a fuck!

For those anons who can't appreciate a well-crafted story, go read "Blackmailed at First," I'm sure you'll have fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another excellent story

Enjoy your writing style and really enjoy the stories of the characters appearing and reappearing in "The Shack". Ignore the nay-sayers. And don't worry about posting in the "wrong" category. I see your name I read, regardless of where. Keep them coming.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 6 years ago
Excellent story.

A well written story and very entertaining. Look forward to more in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: anonymous- stop the violence

Did you read the story? Thought so. Shouldn't you be over in fetish reading the stories you really enjoy? Five Stars from this reader. Tired of the usual trash in loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anonymous- I don't care........

What's a prasies? Doesn't belong in loving wives, but fetish does? Maybe you're in the wrong category, fetish starts with a "f".

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What’s this?

A collaboration with sbrooks AND luedon??? That’s like Trump and Hillary getting together to knit a sweater! I don’t care how great this actual story is, you deserve five stars for that alone!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Collaboration?

While I would be truly honored to be invited to collaborate with Todd, I was mere bit player, offering my meager talents as an editor and Beta reader.

I had nothing to do with luedon, as Todd says, she apparently helped him with Aussie slang.

JayDiverJayDiverover 6 years ago
Loved it

Great story, always read your "Shack" stories. They're entertainment and don't pretend to be anything more. Gave this one a 5* thanks for the tale.

SelqSelqover 6 years ago
Excellent addition to the Shack series.

The fact is, Wendy was a loving wife who caught her husband cheating. I know it is unusual in LW for the husband to be the cheater but it's not unheard of.

I do find it humorous to read the comments by people saying that they're tired of Shack stories, yet they seem to read all of them.

To those wanting Todd to stretch his wings as a writer, it's obvious that you have never looked at his story list. He has posted in at least 4 different categories that I can think of without looking. So, just perhaps, the trouble is that you are too lazy to actually look.

Thank you for another excellent story in the Shack series, and I look forward to your next tale, no matter what category you post in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another great story!

I read this site for entertainment, and you sure know how to entertain!

"Makes me feel sorry for the rest..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I did not want this to end

Your stories are exceptional! Thank you for sharing them with us.

FBG

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome story

Hope there is a follow up

dinkymacdinkymacover 6 years ago
Super!

Thanks for sharing another great story!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Nice.

"They never call. They never write". How true, lol.

Good story, great writing!

Not much to do with LW though, does it?

Still, top ratings from me.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
AND WENDY WAS B0RN

with her reputation and loyalty intact. TK U MLJ LV NV

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Panic not: No SB/Lue collaboration

As SB said, collaboration was not even suggested. My role was even more minor than his. (Fortunately. Todd knows that I don't normally read stories with industrial strength violence and weaponry in them.)

But I did pick up a 'principal' in the draft where it should have been 'principle'.

Lue

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Ps: Other way round

It was 'principle' that should have been 'principal'.

Lue

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Hey Anony! Tired Of Todd's 'Shack' Stories?

Here's a thought -- don't read them! Then you can save yourself all the mental anguish of hating them and having to write your sad anony comments.

The rest of us will continue to enjoy them and thank Todd for sharing them here! ;-)

jezzazjezzazover 6 years ago
Dude!

This is great, as all the other stories are.

I have one question - why are you writing for lit? Given your undeniable ability, why aren’t you writing full on published novels? You easily have the writing skill and story telling ability.

Light years past my stuff...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Simply the best

Wish it were possible to give scores higher than five. Todd172 is a full step above. Simply the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great!!!!

Great job, I know you did your home work...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Blah

No wonder Jezzaz likes this. You're turning into the new Jezzaz, only not into cuckology. Take themes and ride them into the dirt. When as few read your stories as read his shit, maybe you'll get a clue. He never has.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great as usual

Pls keep it coming, this is a great series by far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good work as always

Human stupidity never ceases to amaze. The author puts into the preamble that it's one of The Shack series, and people who don't like that series still pretend to read it and then bitch about what they think was in it.

If you pick up a hammer and hit yourself in the head with it, the fault is not in the hammer.

"Doctor, it hurts when I hit my head with this hammer."

"Well, how about you STOP DOING IT."

And setting aside the sea bass proctological exam, the violence in these stories is far more just and moral than in most of the BTB stories in LW. As Orwell wrote "Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Lastly, from a former STS weenie, I enjoy the character interplay. In some situations, gallows humor is the only humor you can find. Well done.

njlaurennjlaurenover 6 years ago
Loved it!

One of the more fun contributions on here in a while, loved the humor, good plotting, good writing and some great characters and the ultimate bth story to.boot (burn the husband).

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Very Good

Can The Wendy and Chip live up to her mythos?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Job

Loved it, love the series, dont change what you're doing f*ck those who dont like this story or the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

And no sea bass were harmed in this story. They were already frozen when they became the tip of the spear for a colonoscopy. Bass-o-matic indeed!

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1over 6 years ago
A realy harmonious blend of fun and excitement!!

I am exalted!!! A very accomplished combination of humorous remark and entertaining crime story mixed with intimations of sex!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love

Love your monster series stories. Just thinking the other day I'd love to see a new one and then find this gem! Keep up the great work. Just brilliant how you develop each character ....

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Excellent!

Fantastic development of character in weird world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I loved this piece.

Its absolutely terrific! I need to read more of your work. Thanks for your effort. Did you ever get to Rendezvous des Amis/ Chez Lulu in Vientianne before LuLu went back to Paris? cowboy 100

LamwayLamwayover 6 years ago
Damn good stuff

Todd your stories are entertaining, character driven, and you have a well developed continuity. While Rehnquist is still my favorite author here, you are coming mighty close. And I hope you see that as high praise.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 6 years ago
Excellent

Your tales of the exploits from the shack are getting better and better. I eagerly await the next installment.

50/5

maxx308maxx308over 6 years ago
Great Story

Many thanks for the excellent read. Really well written and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you for another great story

I hope you continue to submit more stories on here and if you decide to write books please leave a message and I am sure some of us would buy from you

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Another story

Another 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Western

Just wait till you see Todd's for Western Day!

Keoni1791Keoni1791over 6 years ago
Thank you

for introducing us to this community and these individuals. Each new tale from The Shack, not only further fleshes out a character we've met previously, but introduces new characters whose histories can and should be explored. I, with many others, eagerly anticipate the next Shack story, and am never disappointed. Five stars, as usual, and that's only because I can't give more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
FANTASTIC STORY

NOT A BAD STORY FROM A GUY WHO WORE A GREEN HAT AT ONE TIME AND JUMPED OUT OF PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANES. REALLY IT WAS GREAT. LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT. AIRBORNE!!!

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Feedback

I'm still amazed by the encouragement and support - and while I say that every time, I really do mean it. If it isn't your cup of tea, as I've said; there are a number of truly outstanding, even gifted, writers here - Jezzaz is certainly on that list along with far too many to name here.Keep looking.

As to the widespread fear that Sbrooks103x and Luedon helping out on the same story is one of the signs of the apocalypse, all I can say is that is a risk I'm willing to take. Sbrooks has been absolutely indispensable in making my tales readable for quite a while, and Luedon understood my desire to avoid creating caricatures of her fellow citizens and was gracious enough to give me a large amount of much-needed help in ensuring the Aussie character dialogue was on target. Both of them were far more helpful than their protestations would have you believe.

As to violence against women... okay, I'm at a bit of a loss on that one. I guess someone could ask Wendy to tone it down just a bit... She does have a bit of a temper.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback. My story for "Go West" should post in Romance, on the 23rd of November.

Thanks again,

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Thoroughly enjoy it.

Thank you very much for the writing.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Guessing.

That a few of the critical anon comments are by familiar names and the green eyed monster of jealousy has possessed them.

This is a fantastic story in the correct catagory written by an author with REAL talent.

Todd, thank you so very much for allowing us to read these fine stories for free, they are superb.

InescuInescuover 6 years ago
Great story

An enjoyable read as always

Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Love

I love the Shack stories! 5 Stars for this one too. Keep'em coming please.

Semper Fi!

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 6 years ago
The Only

Problem I have is tying all the stories together...need to go back and read them all again. If you ever write a novel, I’ll read it! Thanks for sharing...

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 6 years ago
TBH

You write pulp especially well, but I don't understand why these stories end up in LW. There are perfectly fine Non-Erotic and Novel sections just down the road from here.

dc6370dc6370over 6 years ago
Great read!

Unfortunately for you Todd, I'm beginning to expect no less!

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Great addition to the fold

Absolutely loved "The Wendy." She was an easy character to like, especially with all of the fish jokes! Great work Todd, and thanks for continuing with this large group of operators. It truly is fun reading about their adventures. The only thing that would make it better, were if you had some more cross-over stories that mixed and matched more of them!

Thanks,

RNebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Terrific!

Another wonderful/intriguing/forceful addition to your cast of characters! Please keep them coming. Terrific story. Thank you. SF VET

Todd172Todd172over 6 years agoAuthor
Unoriginalist et al

The Shack series is posted in LW because it started there; keeping it there keeps the series together where those that follow it can find it. This series pretty much only exists because of encouragement from readers, so I'm trying to return the favor in the small ways that I can. Moving pieces of a series between categories seems to cause confusion, at least it did the one time I tried it. So as long as I don't hit a hard "trump category" (outlined in the authors forum and summarized by Tx Tall Tales in his "how to"), I will keep the series together and just warn people in the Author's notes up front.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You Todd

Whenever I see a Todd172 story post in LW it kicks off a scenario. Block out some time, find a comfy chair, pour a nice drink and disappear into the world of Todd. Like all of your stories this is another gem. Thank you for the many hours of entertainment.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
I am always a bit puzzled at comments.

Several have mentioned being "tired" of Todd's "Shack" stories. The issue seems to me to be as simple as not clicking your mouse on them. Leave them to those who enjoy, and as Todd said, seek an author who suits your fancy.

That never seems to occur to people. We all have our anti-fans, and they never disappoint. The price of doing business, I suppose.

Todd's Western will, indeed, as he said, post on the 23rd, and I believe it is his best story yet. Others will be free to agree, or disagree. Along with Todd, the entire LW top 20 list with the exception of Rehnquist (who never responds) and TexasTallTales, who has written before, will post Western stories. Qhml1, Oshaw, Laptopwriter, DTIverson and Slirpuff will post Westerns. Along with them will be the most favorited LW writers in history, JustPlainBob and Harddaysknight. Other hall of fame A-listers, Amyyum, Andyhm, Cpete, Girlinthemoon, Mainefiddleheads, Malreaux, SWMOHermit and Woodmanone will post stories.

Additionally, the number one and four most favorited writers in Literotica history, Silkstockingslover and GoldenIangel will post stories. From the top-lists of Romance, Erotic Couplings, Novels, Mature, Group Sex, Non-consent, Interracial, Incest/Taboo, Lesbian, Novels, BDSM, Illustrated, Gay and Sci-fi, come Amory_Parks, AwkwardMD, Burntredstone, Eclare, JoeDreamer, Lost Boy, Markelly, Raisa_Greywood, RWSteward. Steffiolsen, and TxRad.

Every one is a proven author, though not necessarily under the username they appear under on this list. I do not pretend that every story will be to the taste of every reader. There should be something for everyone. Seek out those you enjoy, eschew the ones in which you have no interest. They are categorized. It should be easy to find those authors and story types you enjoy while avoiding those you do not enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. My apologies to Todd for taking up this space in his columns. This will be my last notice. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another great story. I am enjoying the entire SHACK series and all the characters.

Now we just need a good Amos story. I have a feeling that there is one there. Unfortunately I also predict perhaps a few bittersweet endings.....death followed by revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I just enjoy this Shack series you created.

This is one of the lighter issues, but still fun to read. Thanks for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not your typical porn story

Great story. Would make a better movie

Lord_GroLord_Groover 6 years ago
Another impressive story, Todd.

I spent ten years earning a living doing exactly the same thing Wendy did, though my work was as a deployable Department of the Army civilian and with conventional units, not the SOCOM folks. Still, it's critical skillset, since the Army's people and equipment and supplies are very seldom where the Army needs them to be when the orders come down from on high to go kill people and break things. It's one reason I liked the story, though I doubt my stories about when shit went weirdly wrong are as good as The Wendy's would be.

It also illustrates something else about the special ops community: they tend to be very clannish, and if you demonstrate by your actions that you've got their backs, they'll adopt you as part of the family. Pretty much forever.

You bozos complaining about not liking anything that Todd has written need to get a life. Yeah, there's authors on this site whose stories I don't care for. When a story by one of those authors shows up in the "New Stories" queue, I just don't bother to read it. And I sure don't waste time and energy posting comments and ranting and raving about how much I hate the fact that Todd posted a story I didn't like. Hell, you remind me of my neighbors' two-year-old.

Sidney43Sidney43over 6 years ago

Loved it, the shack series is one I always look forward to reading. Such interesting characters and insights into a world that most of us would rather not know much about first hand. Five stars.

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Nuff

I can’t really add more praise than others have. I love the mention of Matt Helm, “As tough an operative as ever crushed a Russian spy’s kidney with a crowbar”. Loved those stories. I am glad no animals or innocents were harmed in the production of this story.

IrrumatioIrrumatioover 6 years ago
Lots of fun.

Thanks for putting it in LW, so its fans would find it quickly. In fact, those first few paragraphs at the beginning that qualified it for this section were some of the best character-framing bits ever written.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Excellent Story

The Shack series is a marvelous group of stories about some interesting, lethal characters. Loved this one too.

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 6 years ago
Bravo, as usual

Once again, you tell a truly superb tale. Wonderful characterizations, fantastic development, truly sympathetic, interesting - nay, *vibrant* - characters.

The negativity in the comment section comes from those who realize that they will never have a fraction of your talent and skill.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 6 years ago
Brilliant!

I loved this story. It was complete, and the humour made me chuckle. My first read of your tales, the first of many. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can't get enough

Every time I check this site, the first thing I do is look for the next installment. Another great read. Thank you!

Dick

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant (me too) !!!

Your stories are simply the best. Thank you for sharing.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Good stuff

I really enjoyed this story, humour, excitement and the right finish. 5* no sweat.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Not Just Good

But Damn Good . Great story.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Best of "The Shack"

This may be my favorite from "The Shack" universe. Wendy is a great heroine. I still look forward to more from "Soldier Girl" (my favorite of all your characters) and the St. Claire gang. At any rate, thank you for another great story.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Damn I love these stories.

This group of characters gets more interesting with every new story. I would be great full if you could maintain a reading order for the Shack stories. Some authors keep one on their bio page. Thanks again.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 6 years ago
Wow!!!

Okay, I am hooked and will look forward to reading all of your presentations with great interest. I loved your story from beginning to end. A great beginning, middle and ending. Your writing is right on the mark. A Five if there were was one. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Absolutely brilliant!!!

Please keep them coming.. I'm so addicted to this bunch of characters you've created. Most easy 5 stars ever given.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
And STILL another

I keep you in my favorites list...still waiting for the "audio" story

gnome_mangnome_manover 6 years ago
Oh My God!!

So true about Matt Helm. Speaking of him, I'd place right up there with D. Hamilton, R. A. H. or what's his name... That guy who competed with Kit Marlowe.

Yeah! That guy!

I'm new to your work and I find it strange about the various "Anons" who Really, Really, Hate Your Work and don't seem to know anything about it. Or try to tell you how few people read it.

I suppose somebody could have their ratings as high as yours and not really have very many readers, but surely anyone with a brain in their head could look at the number of comments you get and realize that you have a VERY high readership.

The quality of your work is amazingly high. I will say that you have your flaws, here and there, but the overall excellence is every bit as good as the exalted company that I alluded to earlier. Very, very good work.

The first one of yours that I encountered was probably "Soldier Girl," but I think the second was your Robert E. Howard pastiche. Loved that one! Just recently, I have started reading your other stuff and I sooo hooked. "The Secret Life Of Secretaries" was a scream. Your "The Shack" series of stories is both fascinating for its quality and for its innovation. Where else is there a novel that consists of a series of closely interlinked stories about so many different characters that are all fitting together like the most entertaining of jigsaw puzzles?

I mean, normally, I find a jigsaw puzzle to be an exercise in tedium, but this one is fascinating. Please continue your fine work.

johntc24johntc24over 6 years ago
Enjoy Your writing

These characters and stories are wonderful. Find myself checking daily to see if you've posted anything new. One of the best. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
fun

read. Thanks to all spec ops troops.

beretta84beretta84over 6 years ago
Fabulous..

writing. i have only read two stories so far & the only comment i can make is these would have made a fantastic movie, big or small screen.

todd, please keep them coming. 5 stars all the way.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Absolutely Great Story

Todd - you are without a doubt in my mind the most entertaining writer on this site. You stories should be able to sell as movies or TV specials. Thank you for giving us such entertaining works.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Another Outstanding Entry...

Your characters are perfectly well rounded and have depth. The stories are detailed. The world you’ve created is intricate. The action is addictive. I don’t have enough adjectives to express my delight. You have a gift.

patilliepatilliealmost 6 years ago
2nd time thru

and just as good!

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 5 years ago
Great fun

Thanks for another superb read!

wrangler61wrangler61over 5 years ago
XM21

I remember my XM21 from my army days

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wendy Haung? Wow, didn't see that coming.

Excellent job!

Dutch in MO

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
My favorite

I love this one. It's a re-read when I need a laugh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4171 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories