All Comments on 'Macon Ch. 01'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 107 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

Hate At First Sight is one of my best stories on this entire site, I am beyond happy that you have commenced another romance because you are the king of romance. I love interracial, or people who don't appear to have commonalities on the surface find true love. I am hooked, your last paragraph is a literal cliffhanger. Will keep checking for the next chapter. Thank you for writing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I'll be waiting, too!

For the next chapter! This is written in the classic western style, except better. This is a great setup and I am eager to read the rest. Thanks for sharing the talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Of course, I had to read this one first

If the others are anywhere close, I'm in for a good week of reading. Five stars and waiting anxiously for the next chapter. Thank you, Randi.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 6 years ago
Don’t make us wait

Great start! Can’t wait for the next chapter.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 6 years ago
Do

women really get that turned on by violence? Quality assured as usual but I have to say that I felt this to be somewhat formulaic. Hence only 4 rather than 5.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Me too!

Thanks to Randy for creating yet another festival for us. Besides HDK is right this sounds like it was written by Zane Gray. It even has us hung over a cliff wondering what Bear would consider to be harm.

666iceman666icemanover 6 years ago
Just like ANON

Randi, I had to read your story first just like Anon said they had. Now I have to say that your tale gave me a picture story and I felt as if I was there watching just outside of those circle of friends and would have leveled the playground of those seeking evil deeds. I also like the way you place those in or about to fall in love come from totally different cultural backgrounds. I live over the pond from you yet one of my best female friends is part plains American Indian and has me tongue tied every-time we get together. Some of us men will never see that beautiful women could find us plain average looking men attractive to them as they could have just about anyone they want and we don't feel good enough to get or have a chance. Your story has five plus, cant' wait for the second part and most of all would love to see you write more often.

I would also like to take time to thank you for helping us who love to read stories on this site, getting all these other greats to write a western themed session, hope we have a western theme two sometime.

Many thanks Randi.

Your No1 fan from the UK. Iceman

teddybearclubteddybearclubover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Randl You have once again proved you are one of the top ten (breathing down #1's neck) authors on this site. I would have only known about this one because of a comment made by you on another story in LW's. It reminded me I had better check to see if I had missed anything. Sure enough, a new story a very good one. Awaiting Chap, 2.Neep up the fine writing Luv. I will be reading. Sure wish I could write as well as you.

Chrissie

TBC

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Now thats a great beginning of a western story.

It made me feel like I was watching one of the Dukes good films of course I mean John Wayne. So I will be checking back for more updates.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 6 years ago
As a huge fan of your work,

This one feels rushed. Errors that should have been caught.

LincolnSSTLincolnSSTover 6 years ago
Later....

There will be some sweet loving and some killing? Only the strong survived in those times. Reminds me of a Zane Grey story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Errors?

As a notorious nitpicker, I thought I saw ONE, tried to find it again just to let you know, and I couldn't!

Just wonderful!

foolscapfoolscapover 6 years ago
Very very nice. I look forward to the rest of the tale

Thanks Randi. Once again you set the bar. Thanks also for pulling this together. What a treat!

imhaplessimhaplessover 6 years ago
Nice, Randi, really nice

I liked it 5* worth!

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 6 years ago
Nice

I loved the way you built the story and we got to know and understand the characters a little. Like most Westerns, it's a story about the rich, the lords and masters over the terrain. Maybe later you will introduce some of the "hired hands" who could have desires other than fealty to their employer? But it's great. Your fan, JB

oshawoshawover 6 years ago

What a great start for what promises to be an epic tale by an amazing author! Thank you, Randi!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 6 years ago
Outstanding

Great start to your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Cross between 'The Broken Hills' and a Kilkenny book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Top notch writing

Thanks and I'm looking forward to part 2.

I also just want to thank you for hosting the Wild West event. All these terrific stories came to us because you asked and talked the writers into writing them. We owe you for more than just your story. I'll give anything you write a five, because you're that good, but you deserve far more than just a score for doing this.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A dramatic beginning

and a romantic way to finish.

What ever happens next

I'll be waiting

Thanks

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 6 years ago
You Tell

A good story. Looking forward to Ch. 2.

Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Another

Another excellent story added to the Western Roundup you arranged. 5 Star's, looking forward to part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Idea, Randi

Go West was a brilliant idea. I read all the stories over a two day period. Loved them all.

rockthedogrockthedogover 6 years ago
Great first chapter!

Looking forward to the rest of the story. Thank you for this entertaining yarn, as well as organizing the Western Roundup. Having read most of the stories so far, from a diverse group of authors, it seems like a first class result.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Can't imagine a better first chapter,

My imagination is going into overdrive where you left us hanging at the end of the chapter. What a woman and what a man! All the action, drama and romance of the old West. A great story, so far, and I have every expectation that you'll be on this one as you have been every story of yours I've ever read.

Above and beyond that, you facilitated the best weekend of reading I have ever experienced on this site, or any other. I can't imagine how much work that was. You also got credit from many of these authors for editing, and I imagine you spent hours on that. In all, these writers produced excellent material. I have two to go, the long one by Markelly here and Joedreamer's over in novels. Knowing those authors, they are going to be something I need the time to read at a sitting, because I won't be able to stop. I don't know how to thank you enough, so I'll just make this comment and give you five stars. Anything else would be a travesty.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 6 years ago

Hey great job! This is the first story I've read of yours, and I'm sure it won't be the last!

~Eris/D&T

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you very much for the Go West project

What a lot of work you've put in. I've never been a fan of the western genre, but you've made a convert of me. I love all your stories, and look forward to many more. I did get a little chuckle at the valet parking at the barn dance! Onward to the next chapter.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
We should just stop and consider what Randi accomplished

with her 'Go West' invitational. She somehow convinced a lot of writers to agree to a deadline, and then meet it. She talked some good writers that would not have been posting stories around Thanksgiving to write something. Look at the variety and quality of the stories posted. There's something for everyone. It's great that these writers made the effort to write something, but Randi organized it, edited a bunch of the stories, and wrote one of her own, plus taking care of a family and the usual trials and tribulations of everyday life. She made us write, corrected and improved the stories, and made us look better than usual. I understand human nature often makes us dislike someone everyone else likes and/or praises. Some people don't like kittens or puppies. Go figure. Randi has improved Literotica with her writing, editing, and community efforts. What's in your wallet? More precisely, what have most of the rest of us done? Not much.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 6 years ago
Great Story

I've definitely got part II on the read list when I can get to it.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great read

Don't keep us waiting to long for part 2

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years agoAuthor
@anonymous "Don't keep us waiting."

No, I won't. I got a little distracted with the event and Thanksgiving family stuff, and didn't do much. Sorry, I'll move quickly now. Randi.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
Thanks

I haven't read a story yet that I had to put down thanks to you.

I can hardly wait for your next installment.

You should be very proud of all of the writers who contributed to make this such a great success. Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 Stars Old_Crow

I’ve read all your stories here and most on SoL. For me, this is your best work to date. Your intro said “Chapter two will be submitted three days after chapter one. Randi.” and I’m eagerly waiting that post.

As you know, I’ve been trying to join this site for months. If it wasn’t for your “Legend's” efforts and Lady in Red, I probably wouldn’t waste any more time. I’m surprised so many talented authors post here when Literotica discourages membership. I hope they appreciate how much you do to keep readers they reject coming back.

Another great effort Randi. THANK YOU

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
I really enjoy tales like this one!

Thank you for the pleasure of reading your story...up to your usual standard! Unfortunately, now I have to wait for Ch. 02!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
well done!!!

Thank you ,,excellent story can't wait for chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I’ll wait

Although I’m anxious for chapter two I know the wait will be worth it. Your work is beyond compare. You have a God given gift to build and tell a story that sucks a reader into the middle of the action. I want to thank you for raising the bar with the Legend series that push others to some great work. You amaze me as an author, mother, teacher, wife and a great person.

Thanks for all your hard work.

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
Hey Randi

come on, where's Chapter 2?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years agoAuthor
My apologies

I had a procedure done on my eyes and am just now cleared to be on my computer as much as I please. I am still wearing sunglasses to look at my screen. Thank for being patient with me. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Healing prayers for you.

... speedy, full healing for your eyes and whatever may trouble you, from Lord Jesus Himself.

Amen!

And thank you very much for freely sharing such results of written excellence from your labors, as well as for bewitching additional writers of excellence to share new works.

Craig

Crusader235Crusader235over 6 years ago
Get well

Get well soon Randi. We'll wait to part 2. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Get well soon

I have been waiting for chapter 2, but just now checked the comments to see if you had posted a reason for the delay. Get well soon, this has the makings of a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wishing you well

Sorry about your health issues. Your well being should be main priority.

Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Recover! -Old_Crow

Randi,

From the little bit I’ve gleaned from both sites you have a very full and demanding life, with obligations well beyond Literotica. It’s got to be frustrating to be hampered by vision problems. Do whatever is necessary to heal completely before you devote time to writing for others. We appreciate all you do and don’t want to lose your contributions by you coming back prematurely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Where is chapter two. I enjoy this story

Great Story. Where is chapter two?

GioSoloGioSoloover 6 years ago
Tx Tall Tales

Are you the one who convinced TTT to start publishing again? If so, what happened to make the last chapter for A Town Without Honor not be published? Is TTT okay, given up again, or just doesn’t care any longer? Please if you have made contact with TTT, do so again to help the fans.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I don't know what the others are talking about. But, I'm looking towards chpt2. I'm working my way down from top to bottom ((skipped the group sex story I'm the magnanimous type (to insecure and jealous to share)). But I love everything I've read so far.

slm59slm59about 6 years ago
Excellent!

Thank you Randi. I enjoyed this one and look forward to the next chapter.

cobraspideyguycobraspideyguyabout 6 years ago
Love it! Ch 2?

Love it! Any idea when Ch2 will be available?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Blackrandl just another writer on this site who can't finish a story and only allows us to see descent writers on this site when SHE allows. So over this person dictating when we get good stories. And since she seems to have some sort of power on LIT she can clean up romance that has turned into a god damned cess pool.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonabout 6 years ago
Thank you-

For writing all of these excellent stories for us to enjoy. Thank you for sharing your abundant skills. Thank you for inspiring writers (especially those who wouldn’t write if it wasn’t for you) to join events you’ve organized so that we have so many wonderful things to read. Thank you for your eternal patience. Thank you for being you!

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 6 years ago
What she said.

I would say what GirlintheMoon said except she said it better. Randi has never minded discussion about her stories. Those who disrespect her as a person haven't a leg to stand on, and the idea that she dictates what appears on this site is so far-fetched as to be ludicrous.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 6 years ago
Good story ! ! !

Good story. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. And with you writing it Randi, I know it's going to be just fine.

JAUNTYOLDONE

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 6 years ago
Waiting

impatiently.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well.....

As others have said, I loved chapter one, and I look forward to reading the next chapter. Please hurry.

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 6 years ago
Seven

months and waiting. Impatiently. I know, you're busy, but.....

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
I agree...long wait.

Excellent 1st chapter that begs for a follow-up.

Whenever you have a chance, Randi, please...

Take care,

LeFrog

A_BierceA_Bierceover 5 years ago
Eat your Harte out

Brett.

pa1950pa1950over 5 years ago
Next chapter please

Sure would like to see the next chapter. This one was a fun read.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 5 years ago
Another Chapter?

It looks like you have posted quite a few stories since this one was posted. Please let us know if you still plan to post another chapter. Since it has been so long, I will not read this one until you do and I really would like to read it.

Thanks.

PapaMikePapaMikeover 5 years ago
Almost ten months.

Where's Ch 02? This one needs a follow-up.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 5 years ago
Good first chapter....

...lol....waiting impatiently for the next. Seriously, great start to what could be an even better saga.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Macon Updated!

This is an UPDATED Chapter 1!

The new stuff begins on Page 3 when he brings her home after the dance.

Enjoy!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years agoAuthor
Update:

Thank you, Mr. Brooks. To Anonymous who sent me the feedback via Email: I cannot respond to anonymous feedback. Maybe you will see this, maybe you won't, but I have added new material here. I did it as an edit, so it doesn't show as new, but there is a whole new section that was added 10/3/18. I haven't "abandoned" it. I have a very full life and unlike some of the writing machines around here, Randi has to be in the mood to write. The new section begins with their return from the dance. Thank you for your patience, Randi.

bobsrbobsrover 5 years ago
Constructive criticism

Your stories are very well written. Your characters are well developed and the plots move along at a good pace. They are easy to read and entertaining and I look forward to the next book or short story. Two problems with your endings. You become bored with the story once you've established it and end it too quickly so you can get on to the next Adventure. Slow down and think the ending through. The ending should leave us wanting more without feeling like our legs were chopped off and we don't have a comfortable place to sit. Secondly, if you are going to break the story up into another chapter, wait until that next chapter is ready before publishing. It's like reading a good book and the last page was torn out. We are left hanging without another course of action and that is frustrating. The end result is, gee I've had enough frustration in my life and I don't think I want to read another story and be left hanging again. You have the makings of a great author, maybe even another Asimov or McCaffrey. Take advantage of this forum.

Respectfully Bob Sr.

fuzzy94fuzzy94about 5 years ago
Holding My Breath ... (starting to faint) ... waiting for chapter 2

I really loved this start ... how about a bribe ... CHOCOLATE CAKE FROM YOUR FAVORITE BAKERY ... you setup some great avenues for future chapters .... bring on the next chapters

Ducky7Ducky7almost 5 years ago
Waiting for the next chapter to drop

Very good start and needs to continue...Please

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incredible story...more please!

A beautiful and well written piece. Cannot wait until the next chapter. These two people MUST be together! Thank you.

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 4 years ago
But when?

"They talked long into the morning hours, then made love again. He woke her as the morning dawned, taking her again, and her cries of passion rang through the stillness of the house. To be continued"

PapaMikePapaMikealmost 4 years ago
Not to be

a pain in the neck, but it has been 2 1/2 years. When will the next chapter be posted?

flareb2343flareb2343almost 4 years ago
MARCH, APRIL And MAY 2020

3 stories in three months , but nothing n a MACON follow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Brilliant But Left Hanging

Brilliant storytelling but the end seemed a bit rushed. Plenty of things left unsettled and that would lead nicely into chapter 2. The problem I see is that it is now 2 years since updated therefore may be too much for a busy person to get back too.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

I think in Literotica one has to be willing to recieve what is given. Thus pressuring the authoress for a sequel leads only to heartbreak. I would rather admire the story as served here, for truly it does stand up well and is deserving of all 5 of it's stars . Yes I am sure we all pray for the next chapter, but I would rather celebrate the existence of chapter 1 than pine away for what might have been. Bravo Ms Randi... you are a master of so many genres and once again you display your versatility with this Western tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please

Please let there be another chapter to this story, if not several chapters. I really look forward to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I would imagine it could be difficult switch between genres (especially westerns from the 1800's and sci fi) so it is hard to fault someone brave enough to try. I went back and looked at what Randi has written since and while I too might enjoy more Macon, I can't think of any stories she has done that I'd trade so she had time to add more.

She is far better with words than I so I hate to put my words in her mouth but I perhaps she might be open to listening to someones proposal to add more if she has no immediate plans for Macon. She comes across as one who is gracious and helpful. Sorry if I stepped in a cow pie Randi going where I had no right!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like this story very much and it needs to be continued asap!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love your stories.... keep up the great works & looking forward to further episodes !

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago
Marvelous

Second reading and it is still an amazing story. Please give us more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi. BJ again.

Another one of your masterpieces. And thank God, it will be continued. When you do, please close the loose end as well. I will read and reread this story again and again..

BJ

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Randi, you are an exceptional author! I’ve read many of your stories and as usual, this one does not disappoint. In kind, you’re equally an excellent facilitator for other authors. Thank you for deftly applying you more than capable skill set to this dearly-loved genre. Finn (aka Randy)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Great story

Randi please finish this wonderful story.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Randi it’s been 5 years, this story deserves to be completed. PLEASE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please write the next chapter. I have read more of your stories than anyone else.

Thanks

TC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

???

juanviejojuanviejoabout 2 years ago

Randi understandS what real erotica is and writes it so well. I love and appreciate her work. CINCO ESTRELLAS!

beanburner69beanburner69about 2 years ago

Great story. What about part 2. It's been a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So good I want more.

10sguy10sguyalmost 2 years ago
Where's Chapter 2?

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The last line tells us it's to be continued, but I see there is no sequel. The story was written in 2017, so may I assume you're just going to keep us hanging? Bad form! Please finish any stories where we've been told more is coming. You have fans, please keep us in mind.

WoodencavWoodencavalmost 2 years ago

Very good storey, you are a very good Author, but where is Ch2, it’s been 4.5 years?

pinoparadisepinoparadisealmost 2 years ago

I really like many of your stories. I do realize you write to a wide variety of fans different tastes so I don't really like some generasort. That being said I look forward to your new posts. In my opinion you have a great imagination and have a real talent developing your characters.

I am a great fan of Westerns and let me add in my criticism in the fact you never finished Macon. If you made it into a novel I would buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

...ah, but it wasn't...despite much of the commentariat displayed below, QuickMagazine is perfectly happy with this unfinished symphony. Loved the interplay between Spanish and English, the overall sweetness of Macon and Consuela. Besides, a next chapter would feature scary moments from those bad dudes (Ayres, Jake), though things work out OK in the end. Better to skip the drama. Let it be.

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

Please finish the story.

dleethomas58dleethomas58over 1 year ago

Next part coming soon?

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

I love me a western with romance and suspense. I really enjoyed this so please finish this. 5 stars. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Isn't it long gone time for one, or more, extra Parts?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What happened to “Macon”….the rest of the story?

PatrickThomasPatrickThomasabout 1 year ago

Hi Randi,

A lovely story. Are you still planning a part 2?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I've learned to go to the end and read the comments. If they indicate it want finished I don't read it. As this has gone 6 years without being completed I doubt if it ever will be. It's a shame because you're an amazing author.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love the story, hate that there's been no continuing stories, as promised

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When will you finish the story!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When and where will the rest of the story be???

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7416 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories