All Comments on 'Nothing Else To Give'

by Angelpheonix

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Proof

Great tale. Learn differences between "there" & "they're", "your" & "you're", and "affect" & "effect". You're a good story teller with a great imagination and this story had a wonderful hardening effect on me. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved the story, but . . .T

In chapter two you’ll have to explain how they’re going to deal with her having gotten knocked up at the pole.

AngelpheonixAngelpheonixover 6 years agoAuthor
Reply

I agree that there is some room to improve on grammar errors, I actually did not polish this as much as I usually do I was already way behind my writing goals on this. I am very happy that this had the effect on you that it did.

As for part two, it is pretty rare for a part to from me, but they do seem like the kind that will have a connection that lasts. I was going for a Christmas magic thing but there seems like long term implications here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Try harder next time

Lacks editing- punctuation and grammar- specially during the introductory first few paragraphs. I lost track and interest too soon. It could have been a much more appealing story with a bit more proofreading. You should try re-writing it, even if just for your self improvement. But be hard on yourself, don’t cut corners, and go over and over the draft until you know is right. Wait a couple of days in between writing and proofreading (write one day, read the next, and so forth -don’t go at it at once)... have you ever baked bread? You have to wait for the dough to raise before you knead! Also some friend to check it out too if you can, a second pair of eyes will find details that escape you. I’m sure you will be proud of the result, (Oskar)

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 6 years ago
I am just wondering---

Sunrise/sunset up there in the north on the first few days of December is about 12 minutes apart. Three days after that there is no sunrise until after the first week of January. That is down about 70 degrees north. The North Pole is not on LAND - it is just ice up there. The last piece of land is the northern edge of Greenland about 82 degrees north. Also, the sun sets during the third week of May and rises about an hour later and does NOT set again until about the last week of July. What "mountain" was he talking about? - ain't NO land there! Been close, got COLD and came back. THAT place was colder than a mother-in-law's kiss and I don't want to spend ANY more time up there!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice

A great little Christmas story- lots of stories need more editing- it didnt stop me from enjoying the “tail”.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous