All Comments on 'The Burdens of Others'

by imbu23201

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
GoldeniangelGoldeniangelover 6 years ago
Gorgeously written

That was both beautiful and a little depressing ❤ you could totally make this into part of a book

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 6 years ago
Savagely powerful

Stunningly evocative of the human experience. We all need that release, and some of us need it so bad that getting it will nearly break us.

Kudos for guiding us so close to the edge.

Raisa_GreywoodRaisa_Greywoodover 6 years ago
Heartbreaking and gorgeous

I'm crying a little bit. What a beautiful, emotional tale. I am in awe.

lioness_71lioness_71over 6 years ago
undecided 5 stars

Good kinky story. Good character development. Good ratio of sex to story.

But damnit, did ya have to make it so depressing? I was almost crying at the end.

But any story that can draw a strong reaction is a good story.

So I'll give ya 5 stars for the emotional hole I gotta crawl outta now.

Great job.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 6 years ago
Something finally broke through

I liked the story a lot. Very different from the normal stories in the category. The setting lent itself to a gritty, grim, personal examination of Oriel. Through the ups and downs of life at the field hospital, she found escapism through rough sex. It wasn't exactly healthy, but a desperation for human connection and a way to forget where she was. For the time she was restrained and pleased, she found relief from her situation. This brought a sense of uneasy calm to the story, like we hoped it would turn out for the best for her, but had a nagging fear it might not.

5 stars for being brave enough to submit this... and for the brave Oriels and Eds we don't know who brave inhuman conditions to give medical care to those who need it the most.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Masterful story

Very different and almost painful to read, but in the end, worth it. The sex was hot for sure. The story, however, was more about two people seeking at first escape, then absolution for what they went through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Loved it. So raw and painful and a ray of hope at the end.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Masterful

xelliebabexxelliebabexover 6 years ago
Characters

I really enjoyed how you drew us in to know and care for these characters. That you made so many people "feel" is a testament to your skill.

Well done ^_^

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 6 years ago
Reader's Choice Awards

(Others and) I have nominated The Burdens Of Others for a Reader's Choice award. If you liked this story, consider checking out the links on Lit's main page or the Contests section of the forum. Thr first round of voting ends on March 31.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Amazing

Who knew erotica could be art

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow

Wow well done well done indeed yeah yeah Readers Choice Award you get my vote

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You got it

You and Tim O'Brian both know what you're talking about. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Moved

I knew when this piece started with a Tim O'Brien quote, I was reading more than erotica. I have never read sex in literature that made more sense as part of the story, part of who the characters are, than in this story. This is exceptional writing, outside of the realm of erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stunning

Beautiful, heart-rending craftsmanship expressing the human experience! Thank you for sharing!

VancouverManVancouverManover 5 years ago
Wow!!!!!

What a beautiful story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

It is rare that a story here fulfills both the 'lit' and the 'erotica.'

The density speaks to the author's skill, so much within three pages.

Alicia56Alicia56over 5 years ago
Burdens

Heartbreaking. And Erotic. Excellent story.

There are song lyrics that go: please surrender, and lay down your arms tonight; the battle's over... as I read this story I started thinking about that song.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Absolutely stunning!

What a powerful piece of writing—staggering in its command of the language and its understanding of human emotions. In my 70 years I’ve rarely read anything of this quality. Wish I could say I wrote it. What a gift to us readers, at any price, much less free. Thank you, AmoryParks.

Barry

BelleCanzutoBelleCanzutoalmost 5 years ago
these sentences:

"The play of tension and stillness in her body hung tight with potential, a silent violin string. So he played her, and the sounds she made were beautiful."

are perfect.

A truly lovely story, so beautifully written, so evocative of the situation and the relationship.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
big sad

cause he's gay

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic Literature

The most moving story I have read in years. As a Dominant Sadistic Veteran who has worked in Welfare and Health in remote communities you have nailed kinkster emotions, comfort and pleasures in a setting so real. Thank You!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Perfect

There isn't much else to say. It's perfect. Thank you for sharing your stories with us, AmoryParks.

Poets_Never_KillPoets_Never_Killabout 4 years ago

Lots of cool poetic phrases. Lots of art. A real good story.

SimonDoomSimonDoomabout 4 years ago

A beautiful story. On a totally different level from most Literotica stories. Your prose is a delight. So many great turns of phrase.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Breathtakingly Beautiful

For all that this is a story it’s haunting, visceral and very very real. A stunning piece of writing.

Tess (UK)

lorrisuelorrisuealmost 4 years ago
Damn...

Wow, that was definitely not what I expected. Heart-wrenching one of the best stories I've read here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This is what I come here for

Pure art

44chicken44chickenover 3 years ago

This is one of my favorite stories, anytime, anywhere. When my clear memory of it fades I find myself drawn back to it and I rarely reread anything. The mood, ambiance, emotions, and characters are sublime. You are a virtuoso and language is your instrument. This story inspired me to try writing my own and I return to it periodically to remind myself of what I strive for. And because it’s just a really a moving story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is awesome, good job.

Black_JadeBlack_Jadeover 3 years ago
Back for another re-read

This story never fails to amaze me! Perfect characterization and pacing. I hope you are doing well during the times of COVID-19, Amory. I can only imagine how bad the hospitals are now. Thank you for being a doctor on the front lines!!

Black_JadeBlack_Jadeover 3 years ago
Back for a re-read!

This story never fails to amaze me! Perfect characterization and pacing. I hope you are doing well during the times of COVID-19, Amory. I can only imagine how bad the hospitals are now. Thank you for being a doctor on the front lines!!

in_painin_painalmost 3 years ago

Lovely story, thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mesmerising characterisation. Thank you does not say enough. Lay-down misere 5-stars!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

thanks for making me Google Tim Obrien. story was brutally real and so sad. Every day I am so "disgusted" about Ukraine and gutless World Leaders

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

The rawness is poetic. Well done!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous