All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment: The Prequel Ch. 05'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Complicated Tale

The super rich have other priorities than us, ordinary folkas.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
At the risk of repeating myself

I really hope there's an eminent domain angle at some point. Just so you can tie all of your different threads together, Expanded Universe style.

In all seriousness, I'm very much enjoying this one.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
Your best work by far

I know it is a lot of work, thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
WHY......DOES EVERYONE EXPECT ALL CRIME SHOULD BE PUNISHED OR PAID FOR

some are acceptable and should be rewarded, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Let the anger free

In this series the cheated upon men are too accepting of their wives' bad behavior. I want to see Foxy at least yell at Susan. Call her a slut, tell her at least his DA girlfriend would never cheat on him.... just let her know how much she hurts him with her selfish behavior. Same for Jimmy and the slut Simone....at least let the guys yell. They are so repressed, it's a wonder they don't either choose suicide or mass murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice

Really like this but man our two lawyer friends wives treat them very very badly. Susan perhaps most of all. Wish she could change.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
I am enjoying this, but

the way men accept their wives' affairs is annoying. Comforting the wife's ex-lover seems too much. Still, it is well done. This story is interesting as hell.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 6 years ago
I Agree with HDK, the story is interesting!

The story is really what excites me. The characters are more villains than heros. All three wives are villians and show complete disrespect for their husbands, however Pat and Steven are contributing to the bad behavior of their wives. Jimmy I still have hope for.

Thank you for sharing your stories and you evil mind. Keep up the great work.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
HDK I think you forget

Pat was not forgiving at all, he wound up killing Frank Patterson, that is not very accepting. True Frank slept with his wife, but then Pat set him up took his money so he could be appointed DA and when the idiot made a run at him and attempted to kill him, well poor Frank found himself dead.

I think Steven is the way he is because he doesn't really care about his wife, and he is getting a little mighty mouse on the side.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Susan the Fugazi Siren/Coquette is Stone in Shoe of Otherwise Engaging and Complex Story

Masters and Mistresses of seduction challenge the descriptive powers of any writer in both fiction and biographical genres. RichardGerald is a very talented author but he is like a schoolboy flustered and flummoxed when it comes to portraying his main female character's appeal alleged irresistible appeal. It seems,like he " wants " us to see her as a combination Madame Pompadour and Cleopatra.

My net impression after her trying to juggle husband and lover at Politico event ? Veronica would have done a better job of multitasking affections of Reggie , Archie and Jughead at Senior Prom Dance. However all prior compliments apart from passages involving her character are reiterated by myself . The ruthless cardinal subplot has me on tenterhooks of suspense.

The main void I see in Susan's character ? Read bios of FDR, JFK and Clinton . They had intellectual heft and ideals in tandem with hefty libidos . Susan is void of substance and memorable lines . Think of Glen Close as Madame Merteuil in " Dangerous Aquaintences " . As a power player she had dimensions that Susan( as written so far ) can only dream of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A bit Unrealistic!!!

Love this story. But Steven seems to be too accepting of all of Susan's infidelities, even when it is thrown in front of his face. . And this seems to be a bit unrealistic in my opinion. .

Still waiting for the sequel to Faithful in Her Fashion. . Hope u have not forgotten about that arc as well.. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Frank Patterson's last affair

Frank Patterson couldn't believe his good fortune. He had seduced one of the most beautiful women in NYC, the beautiful but unfaithful Mary Singleton and they were having a torrid affair. He now had access to the highest level of NYC society. It was the highlight of his career. However, he now foolishly reverted to his old over confident behavior of humiliating the cuckold husband of his paramour in public by being seen with her in public more and more openly.

Frank expected Mary's husband Jason to behave like all of the cuckold husband's of his previous conquests but he underestimated Jason and ignored his fistic prowess. Mary in her lust for her new partner forgot the cardinal rule of the cheating Singleton sisters, have a discreet affair hidden from their husbands and the dignity to never publicly humiliate them.

However word got back to Jason about this openly brazen affair in front of their NYC society friends who have begun to ridicule him behind his back.

The inevitable happened and there was a confrontation at a fashionable event in front of the NYC elite who have been ridiculing Mary's husband Jason. Here Jason thrashed Frank and immediately walked out leaving Mary alone while screaming that he was divorcing her. Now she and her family were humiliated.

When word reached her family her mother (who loved Jason) tore her to pieces and her father threatened to disown her. Her husband moved out and was seriously considering divorce. Now she knew she became the butt of jokes in her NYC circles and avoided Patterson at all costs despite his repeated attempts to contact her.

Patterson was furious of his public beating and losing Mary back to her family.

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
@commenter below

That was a cool short story. RG should go into detail about that previous affair. Bet it would be worthy of a chapter. Really like this series so far and can't wait for more. Downside though is that they are only 2 pages, but hopefully a lot more chapters!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Re: Frank Patterson's last affair

I concur with what @oxynam25 said - very nice little annex to the whole Patterson/Singleton affair.

Bonus for having the good grace for not bringing up Patterson's fluctuating race...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why is it that the majority of you white writers... When you portray black characters... Seem compelled to portray them in ways that are stereotypical and demeaning... And in ways that are not even germain to the story... There was no need to paint him as a talentless race wag... Except that that is the way most of you see us... I would expect more from a writer of your talent...

-jaye-

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago
Fill in

This is a better chapter, filling in some detail and adding more tantalizing elements. I like how things mesh with the earlier series. Laura appears to be a bit less devoted as she appeared. We didn’t really see how she was affected in the other series, so hopefully this side of the story gives us that.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I suppose it's not beneath the churches leaders to 'bump' somebody off who may threaten their credibility and find raising abilities? Good writing as usual and you editors are doing well also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I known a fair number to of good catholic priest, but for the most part when I started being aware of the nature of the world establishment (i.e. , religion, politics, finance, etc...) I've come to the conclusion that most people and organizations in a position of power should be destroyed or at least heavily culled of the corrupt upper eschelons in power as they are in the game for their own gain and keeping their own organizations in place to manipulate the masses. Therefore I repeat a phrase that gives me a warm glow, "Kill Them All and Let the Devil sort them out"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any man who chases after a married woman and any married person who betrays their vows, deserves no sympathy or mercy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really like that someone (RG) has depicted exactly what the real function and "raison d'etre" of the catholic church is. They, catholic church, are probably the original source of organized corruption in the world. Every new type of organized corruption looks to the catholic church to emulate and maybe(?) improve. attys are the lowest living kind of human evolutionary scum, but even they are a smidge above the church's level of debased corruption. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, I wonder if the author was raised anticatholic like David Dake, David Weber.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Labyrinthine

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous