All Comments on 'This Sanguine Water'

by jd4george

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
tungtied2utungtied2uover 19 years ago
Awesome

what a wonderful work...I'm weeping and speechless...what a Thanksgiving blessing...delivered from the heart

TathagataTathagataover 19 years ago
jesus christ

is it too late to withdraw my poem??

Stunning work.

left me breathless, honestly.

I can't wait to get home so i can read it out loud.

Thank you

a moving piece

tungtied2utungtied2uover 19 years ago
Took tath's advice

read this out loud, and felt compelled to comment again. Could barely get the last lines out of my mouth..heartwrenching stuff..hauntingly beautiful..

have this comment removed if it hurts your score...I would have given higher marks were it possible.

LilDarlinLilDarlinover 19 years ago
Heart Wrenching~~!!!

There are no words to give an apt description to this poem. It left me speachless. Your imagery here is so deeply felt. The flow is simple, yet such a struggle to the heart. I loved this~!! A must read again..and again..and again..

Could feel it coursing thru me like that river and just resting, to sink in every pore, every thought. Such a sad thought, the life of ones blood.. never to be.

Wonderful one here~~!!

BooMerengueBooMerengueover 19 years ago
!

I, too, am stunned! and I reiterate all of the above comments! Damn, jd- this is the best of all!

I wish my Dad had seen this, for he sang the same lament! And my 'Witchcraft' Mark (Haskell) was one to condemn what was done to Giles Corey!

This is now in my Fav's! Thanks, Yank!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
*

Fabulous. This is an exceptional work of literary art.

average ginaaverage ginaover 19 years ago
I'm staying on the porch!

You know the phrase 'if you can't play with the big dogs, stay on the porch'? Well, you are definitely one of the big dogs around here!

You definitely stand out as a poet with this work. This poem is one of the reasons I don't call myself a poet. There is a definite 'science into an art' level here. You are definitely a poetic pundit. (Yeah, I even had to go to thesaurus.com and dictionary.com to make sure that was an apt word!)

Thanks for making a diamond from my lump-of-coal line. Exquisite.

dr_mabeusedr_mabeuseabout 19 years ago
Terriby Powerful

The poem moves inexorably, just like time and the march of generations. This is a tragic and noble poem, which is something you don't see much anymore. Stunning.

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 36,500 poems.

----------

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous