All Comments on 'Laura's Choice Ch. 01'

by cerrotorre

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great start. Intriguing plot. Hope there's a lot more to follow soon!

Also beleive the story needs, in order to be more realistic, a (sort of) presequel chapter, building the word behind the story, with the firsts interactions between Xavier and Laura and possible some backround story of Mrs Lawrence and her role in the house or the reasons of her acceptance of this kind of "affair".

kdlucaskdlucasover 6 years ago
More please!

I really enjoyed the story and would love background for this chapter.

melsdadmelsdadover 6 years ago
Wow, you are soooo talented

I read every word, you write so well, please keep at it, I can't wait to see how this progresses, especially the way you describe things so well..

danalearnsdanalearnsover 6 years ago
More please

I have enjoyed reading this and would love to read his reaction to her submission, maybe a portion or chapter told from his point of view.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More please

Please tell more of their story

MissedLifeMissedLifeabout 6 years ago
Yes more please

Very good story. Love the conflict in Laura's mind. There definitely needs to be more to this story.

LindsubLindsubalmost 6 years ago
This story...

...falls apart because it continually insists Laura, and the reader, accept as reasonable and ethical repeated, dishonest and bullshit arguments. Xavier continually speaks of ‘choices’, and expects Laura to take them as authentic. Yet if she put a gun to his head and said free me or die, he certainly wouldn’t acknowledge his ‘choice’.

Laura, sort of, in her own thoughts at least is able in this story to recognize this but over and over again in their interactions it simply doesn’t happen. A story such as this can be exciting and engaging, but when it’s put forward as something other than naked tyranny, as a system which can be one of fair happiness, it becomes absurd.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 6 years ago
Willing Suspension of Disbelief

There is an unspoken contract between an author of fiction & the reader, that while immersed in the story, the reader will engage in a willing suspension of disbelief thereby gaining greater enjoyment from said story. So yes, we know slavery is wrong, however, we put that aside for the sake of exploring what emotions might someone in that situation feel & in doing so, perhaps learn a bit about ourselves.

On the other hand, the reader may just want to wank off. It's their choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved it

Please keep it up!

Meadowlark0312Meadowlark0312over 5 years ago
I love this story!

Please keep going!!! 😅😅😅💕

melsdadmelsdadover 3 years ago
Foundations have been laid

It took me a little while to complete the picture, but you provided all the pieces, and I'm now very interested to see where it goes from here.

This is a more realistic version of how things would be in reality, I'm enjoying her thoughts about her situation.

Horseman68Horseman6812 months ago

Five Stars for the excellent writing. But, do not really care for this story right now because I do not like the male character as he is currently written — seems too stupid to recognize how to achieve what he wants from her. Will see how the story evolves.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercerrotorre@cerrotorre
626 Followers
Dear readers, Part 8 and the final chapter of A Summer of Submission has been submitted for review. In it, Julie's friend comes for a visit and arrives earlier than expected. A big surprise awaited. I hope you enjoy it. From some of the comments I gather this story is no...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES