All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 37-41'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
tattooed_cowgirl15tattooed_cowgirl15over 6 years ago
Yay!!!! So much suspense!

I love your stories! The build up and suspense than the twists that occur!! I get so excited when I see a new chapter posted. Please don't stop writing you're doing an amazing job

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

That is a dark turn. Funny how someone got past the feds guarding the room? Guess the bad guys didn't like the possibility that she could talk to the feds and blow their operation. But taking her out like that should be a beacon signaling something bigger. The easiest cover-up i can think of at the moment would be to make it look like a suicide.

That takes out extradition problems but makes getting Luis to talk even more important. They better watch out. They could end up with very highly trained people coming to end Luis before such a thing could happen.

Wait till gunny wakes up to find he's going to be an alpha now. lol You know Lars is going to be his right hand beta. Along with Josh and Charlotte, That's a pack of 5 to start. Wonder if Josh's family will join?

Pete666Pete666over 6 years ago
Nightmare pack

I'm a little confused with timelines here. Is this pre "My mystery mate"? Just wondering as the Nightmare pack as was or even Linda and Joe seem to have disappeared.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Vengeance is mine

Well, a lot of weres are going to be disappointed Maitea is dead. But then again, she is only a pawn, though a highly deluded one. Renee's actions during the war could have been done by any human commander - that is, no reason to hate weres specifically. But the weres may yet have a chance for justice when the real powers, behind the scenes, are discovered.

Don't see any throat slitting for Luis - weres would know if a human sneaked on their property, so the only way to kill him is a missile strike or similar. But that would mean getting more people involved in the conspiracy, not to mention the ensuing publicity, so that's probably out. Only way is if the "bad guys" hire someone like Black Ker to do the hit - she'd pass for a were, though an unfamiliar one, and we know she can get to anyone.

So once Rose et al discovers the "bad guys", how to get them on pack lands for pack justice? Or the weres could hire Black Ker to take out the bad guys - that would probably work, though that really wouldn't be "pack justice." Plus, I don't see the weres utilizing a hit - doesn't seem their style.

Seems like Josh should hook up with Enrique - with both their skills, I think they'll be able to uncover the conspiracy.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Pete 666,

This is before Mystery Mate. I wonder if any conflict will end up delayed until after Linda's story. It would make sense. Hell, make the future underground team the New Nightmare Pack. Because whoever is threatening everyone is a nightmare to Weres so they will ultimately become the dark person or group's nightmare. That same dark group may have been the mysterious string pullers in Ella's story. Al seemed to have an idea about them even if he didn't actually know much about this darkness.

We still don't know what Enrique has been up to. He still has things to do in Mystery Mate.

The end of Ella's and Linda's stories merged at the trial. Gunny, Rose, Ella, and Al, i think, all went to the trial so that may be where this tale also ends for now.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

My two cents

I have a feeling partwolf is setting this up to tie in with Mystery Mate and Stolen Birthrites into a fourth story where we get all of the answers and peace is finally had between humans and weres.

Al most likely knows some of the players in this but because he was burned and his information is years out of date who knows how much actable intelligence he can give Rose and Gunny.

As to this future pack Rose and Gunny are the Luna and Alpha respectifully. Lars is the head beta. I highly doubt Char would leave her mother as she is the only family she has known for the bulk of her life. Josh is staying. He is most likely made a beta but in computer warfare. Char still needs to be turn and trained but most likely beta as well. Josh's family most likely comes along with Josh. Have to look at Stolen Birthrite to make sure of that through. That's a pack of 9 or 10 right there. This is assuming Lars and Josh's sister don't find mates soon.

More please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
tsk tsk

SSeems wasteful to have just killed the female shooter.. reminds me of stephen king killing off random characters because he has no idea what to do with them after a certain point

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Anon,

Without the called in threat, I might agree with you. Given the now revealed existence of possibly deeper darker forces behind things there is sense in the death. Even if it was sloppy in execution. Would have been cleaner using iv administered substances to cause death in other perhaps believable ways. If they are that powerful, finding a way to alter an autopsy report or coerce a medical examiner should be a relatively simple as well. In Federal custody she may have given up what she knew to save herself and or her brother. That would be something they couldn't tolerate.

Issuing an open threat was very dumb for a 'secret' deep dark group. Makes me question just how deep dark could it be? Something that dark would have layers of insulation. A maze of disjointed connections people wouldn't put together. Plenty of operatives and fall guys available for any situation.

The_Crazy_One,

Agreed, the merge point appears to me to be the trial. Just as Stolen Birthright finished at that point adding it's element to the end of Mystery Mate. Rose should also tie into that point. Either finishing Rose with a discussion with Linda about this threat to all or that being the start to the next story in this world. Which could be a while if he goes back to Dominant Species.

I wonder how divvying up the Beldon pack is going to work? Giving Rose members that would enhance the secret team? I can also see potential for Josh and Charlotte to lead a pack someday. They need to turn Charlotte asap. As her Alphas and parents it is fully in Gunny and Rose's power. It will be happening anyway so no point in denying her additional protection.

I'm not sure the island is the safe oasis it once was. If this group decides it's war any on that island are the most vulnerable. They are way out of quick reach in an emergency. Also, the hacker friends of Josh are very vulnerable. Humans with no extra protection would be easy targets and cripple Josh's investigation and cyber warfare abilities. Their locations could already be known.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsabout 6 years ago
Wonderful chapters!

Love the story and how it is progressing! Great writing, and waiting for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Soooo good! I should be sleeping, my eyes are burning not being able to stop reading.

OddBall68OddBall68about 6 years ago

I've been killing time while waiting for the next chapter and found difficulties with the stories meshing. Partwolf probably already knows the problem(s), it may explain Enrique's disappearance and require more story twists to try and make it work.

Enrique's _____ which was believed by the feds in Beyond the Were War and 'discovered' false in Mystery Mate became a reason for a pack creation. This story is before Mystery Mate so shouldn't he have still been ____ as far as feds are concerned? How did he become officially _____ and immune now but not later in Mystery Mate? Something is going to have to happen here that places him back under those same conditions he was in Were War.

He was not included in the blanket coverage at that time despite the statement as fact that he had been covered and was untouchable in this story. It looks to me like he's still got his ass hanging in the breeze, fed wise, at the end of Mystery mate.

Man it is difficult trying not to say spoilers for past stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Best chapter ...

... for quite a bit tight and plausible

catman71catman71about 6 years ago
love your writing

love the story, how the characters are written, and when you have lines like these "He shook my hand as we walked. "How long have you been a werepanther, Lars?"

"I don't know, what time is it?"

you have hit on how people actually speak to one another,

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

OMG. This is getting to be almost like WifeWatchman stories with the Iron Crowbar and Angels fighting against the Swamp Rats. Now it looks like the pack have their own swamp rats to fight. Interesting they want Gunny and Rose to start another "pack", panthers only?? Intriguing story now with Maitea being killed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2307 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 32-36 Previous Part
Rose Series Info